Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

robbo4 said: One thing that a great many of the actresses who play "ajummas" and "halmonies" in current dramas and movies have in common is that most were quite beautiful in their younger years (and are today, as well!). I remember seeing an interview with veteran actress Sun Woo Yong Nyeo (who played SHK's mother in the 1998 SBS drama, Sunpong Clinic) where the interviewer showed beautiful pictures of the older actress as a young model and asked her which of the current group of actresses reminded her of herself as a young woman. "Song Hye-kyo.", she replied, while wistfully gazing at the image of her former self.;;)

In the dream world that is Korean drama, beauty often knows no age limits...  ;)

Classic Kdrama 101: Worlds Within
63239-worlds-within.jpg

If you loved the recent mega-hit, "That Winter, The Wind Blows," you may be interested in a 2008 drama that features three of the same actresses, including its lead actress Song Hye Kyo.

"Worlds Within" is a drama about the making of dramas. The 16-episode series stars Song Hye Kyo as the drama director Joo Joon Young. Bae Jong Ok, who played her deceitful guardian in "That Winter, The Wind Blows," plays drama star Yoon Young. Seo Hyo Rim, who played Oh Soo's vengeful gangster girlfriend, plays a rookie actress who will do almost anything to get a break.

Not only does this drama have interesting roles for the same three wonderful actresses but it pairs the beautiful Song with leading man, Hyun Bin. He plays Jung Ji Oh, a director who once dated her but now has to work with her.

The two make a very photogenic couple. They have great chemistry, whether their characters are fighting or having fun together, which makes sense since the actors went on to have a real life relationship.

In the drama, both characters insist that the other person ended the relationship and have not forgiven or forgotten each other. Having to work together doesn't make it easier. When they are not fighting with each other, they try to be friends with mixed results.

Joo Joon Young is a flawed but really interesting character. She's smart, strong but a little detached and inconsiderate of other people's feelings. How can she even make a drama, someone asks her, when she has so much trouble relating to people?

Jung Ji Oh on the other hand is emotional, impulsive and understanding.

Their character traits-both positive strengths and shortcomings-help shape the dramas they make. And in a way they complement each other.

As soon as they realize they never got over each other, they decide to date again. Their relationship faces many problems but ultimately the struggles help both of them become better people and better directors.

It's also a fun show because it is about making dramas. The series shows the crazy schedules that drama filming is sometimes subject to and the pressure this creates. It explores the deal making and breaking that can jeopardize a production and the general sense of drama associated with drama productions.

There's also a funny performance by a young Daniel Choi as Yang Soo Kyung, the assistant director.

If you want to know more about the tinderbox atmosphere of drama production and check out some sizzling onscreen chemistry, this may be the drama for you.

If you've seen it, let us know what you think.

Credits: KDramaStars

Charity: Song Hye Gyo, Minzy

Tuesday, April 30, 2013  2ne1minzysong hye gyo  No comments

2013050101000034300192341.jpg
Article: Song Hye Gyo spotted volunteering for abandoned animals with 'That Winter' Im Semi

Source:
 Sports Chosun via Nate

1. [+180, -4] She's been volunteering for 10 years now. Only three years of it is known to the media. She's also raising about 8 or 10 abandoned animals on her own as well. She's also a Hallyu star but has donated her own money to museums related to the independence movement countless times to count... Seo Kyung Duk even went around telling everyone about her good deeds because he wondered how she kept all of this out of the spotlight as a star. She also didn't renew her apartment CF contract because she felt that if it became known that a celebrity like her lived there, she was afraid they would inflate the housing prices.

2. [+144, -6] So nice and pretty~^^♡ 

3. [+122, -3] She's one of my favorite actresses. I've loved her since Full House, and it seems that she's adding beautiful depth to her acting with age... 

4. [+34, -1] I wonder what lucky man will hit jackpot with Song Hye Gyo. Such a beautiful person the more you get to know her ♡

5. [+30, -0] Good deeds are always hard to put into action... Fighting!
cr.: netizenbuzz

I am beyond glad and happy that finally they take notice that SHK isn't just a pretty face but has a heart of gold too...So proud that first they recognize her acting and now her lovely heart.....
Reading this nice comments makes me feel good...
Yeah, who is that lucky man??We SHKers are getting old waiting.. ;))

F201304291030101097514801.jpg
cr http://korea.people.com.cn/8227942.html

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that SHK's fees are on par or even higher than some popular Chinese actresses.  Her appearance fee is $500,000rmb and her endorsement fee is $6,000,000rmb.  I think that really shows her popularity in China.

OMG, I also found a pic of her with Leslie Cheung @-)

F201304270945527374116382.jpg

Does anyone know when this was taken and at what event?  She looks so cute :)

beth: aw thank you dear!! its awesome to be back too...and i agree,SHKers are simply the best,just like our girl :x

nattan: exactly!! itl be awesome if they ever collab together!! been wishing for a zai zai- Kyo tandem for a long time.. :\"> 

jjeenneeyy: thanks for the article from net buzz...im happy people are coming to realize that our kyo is beautiful both on the outside as well as inside :D

kim:thank you thank you for the gorgeous laneige pic.. Gosh Look at her Flawless skin!!! 

hclover: thanks for the update...proud to see kyo in the list..she really is very popular in china.btw reg the pic u posted,i think it was taken in early 2000s..she still has the baby fat and also i remember seeing this hairstyle in one of her birthday party pics and it was during 2001..newas i might be wrong,not sure though but this is what im guessing :-)

982cb9389b504fc2bcdae3a.jpg

baidu

^^ hclover96, the pic of kyo and Leslie was taken in 2002 when kyo visited Hong Kong for the Hong Kong Golden Disk Awards :D

ria, you are welcome dear...her skin is flawless

fanysus....i am only up til page 30 of "the time keeper"...heavy stuffs indeed.

2011081215541311131.jpg

20130423trendtip056001.jpg
20130423trendtip056002.jpg20130423trendtip056004.jpg
20130423trendtip056005.jpg
20130423trendtip056008.jpg
naver blog

Guest cesc

Simillar assesment/answer :

Q: Would you consider going into other fields like hosting, behind-the-scenes as a producer or director?

HB: No, not yet. Because my job at this point is an actor, so I need to receive direction of the film and for me to express my character in the best way the director wants it. At this point in time, I don’t think I’m experienced enough and I want to focus on my acting and learn from it

Press Question - This question is for Nam Ji-Hyun and Song Hye-Kyo. Have you ever felt inspired to direct your own movies since they are so few women directors working and having worked with female director Lee Jeong-Hyang?

Nam Ji-Hyun (actress) - I don't think I can. It's very difficult. The job of seeing everything.

Song Hye-Kyo (actress) - I agree with Nam Ji-Hyun. Acting is still a lot of work for me

Q : Maybe five years down the line, would you give up acting in the name of love?HB I guess that will happen some time in the future whether it’s far or short. It’s not to say because of the kind of relationships that I would be involved in but in terms of whether the audience would want to see me at that point in time, so it depends on probably the love of my fans
QThen in the future what do you want to becomeSHKIt's impossible to know precisely. I want to diligently act. And when I get married, my family will come first. Because ever since I was little, achieving a family has been big in my heart. Even so, I will continue to act but I believe family will be most important.
MC: On cute... can you do us one cute action?

HB: It's hard. *Laughs* I do get that request a lot, like try to be cute for the fans.I've tried, and I tried to learn Gwiyomi but I don't think it's my kind of thing.

SHK : I tend to never be able to speak or act in that cutesy like embarrassing manner, and even during filming, I get the most stumped when it comes to striking a pose where that kind of cuteness is emphasized. I am truly NOT CUTE
HB : “If I like someone, I will never give up on her until she breaks up first”.“Once I start dating someone, she is my No.1 priority whatever she thinks about me.”

SHK: "As long as that person and I haven’t hurt each other badly or that person hasn’t stabbed me in the back, [laughs] I don’t think I’ve ever let go of someone first"

_In the end let the time will answer our questions_

Thanks all my friends, SHKers, for fantastic updates :x
I find this one from baidu, i guess this is the finale page of her book, and here are her handwritings :)
152013191949550.jpg
written again by a baidu fan
15201319191858.png
translated by that baidu fan :x
152013191855864.png
baidu
My onnie is so lovely :(

/\/\ When I went to your link and search around..I see this...

Song Hye-kyo was the first 'bagel + glamour' woman

photo303709.jpg

Song Hye-kyo was the original glam girl.

Pictures of the actress were posted online recently titled, "Song Hye-kyo, the original glam girl". She is wearing a pink swimsuit in a picture that was taken 15 years ago and showing off her volume.

Netizens say, "She's the original alright", "She can't hide what she has", "She's the same at any time" and more.

Source : news.sportsseoul.com/... ( English )

cr.: http://www.hancinema.net/song-hye-kyo-was-the-first-bagel--glamour-woman-55298.html

Yep..She sure is the original plus she is all natural compared to dozens of actress and idols who debuts lately....They all seem similar to me and no distinctive features that can make them stand...I sure miss 2000-2006 era in K-ent where you can tell everyone apart and they can already make an impression the first time you saw them... :-?

Song Hye Gyo and Im Se Mi Volunteer at a Shelter for Dogs

20130430_songhyegyo_volunteer.jpg

Song Hye Gyo and fellow ‘Wind Blows in Winter‘ co-star Im Se Mi have been spotted helping shelter dogs!

The volunteer group ‘KARA‘ posted photos of the two actresses working at a house in Yeoju that sheltered dogs. The two stars dressed in blue work outfits and masks as well as caps to protect them from the sun. Along with the other volunteers, they helped clean up the shelter and take care of the dogs.

‘KARA’ wrote, “[song Hye Gyo] is not just pretty on the outside, but on the inside as well… She worked hard until the end and did her best as she cleaned up trash, fed them snacks, groomed them, and threw away trash.

Currently, Song Hye Gyo is preparing for her upcoming Chinese movie.

Credits: AllKpop

class="headline"Filming for ‘The Grandmaster’ helped Song Hye Kyo to matureKpopFighting.comBy Korea Star Daily | KpopFighting.com – Tue, Apr 9, 2013 8:22 PM PHT

RELATED CONTENT

• [*]
Song Hye KyoView Photo

Song Hye Kyo

[*]'The Grandmaster' film stillsView Photo

'The Grandmaster' film stills

[*]Song Hye KyoView Photo

Song Hye Kyo

Song Hye Kyo

Song Hye Kyo

Song Hye Kyo

Song Hye Kyo

Actress Song Hye Kyo is considered to be a ‘dazzling’ actress capable of multiple transformations looks. She became a household name in just her early 20s with roles in sitcoms and dramas. Thereafter, she participated in popular dramas like ‘Full House’, ‘ALL IN’, ‘Autumn Love Story’, and many others which saw her display her flawless beauty, and enabled her to become a top star that male fans fell head over heels with.

In the years after she turned 25, Song Hye Kyo made a lot of decisions that one might say was shocking. Films like ‘A Reason to Live’ and ‘Make Yourself At Home’ helped to show viewers a new side of Song Hye Kyo, but she didn’t just stop there. She participated in ‘The Grandmaster’ and ‘Love and Let Love’ that had refreshing themes that were different from the norm. So what was the reason behind Song Hye Kyo attempting such films with refreshing themes? Is it because she like many others have an urge to act in such films? Or is it because she hopes to upgrade herself through such films? Her latest film ‘The Grandmaster’ which was directed by Wong Kar Wai will soon go on air in South Korean cinemas, and is a biography of the great Wing Chun master Yip Man, with Bruce Lee counting as one of his many talented disciples.

Having just ended filming for her drama ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’, Song Hye Kyo credits the drama’s success to being a good opportunity for her to take a risk and challenge herself. She expressed, “It allowed me to challenge myself, and this might leave the production side to feel unhappy (laughs). But I feel that even if the drama did not succeed, it was still an opportunity that allowed me to challenge myself.”

It’s known that when she appeared in ‘A Reason to Live’ and ‘Make Yourself At Home’, Song Hye Kyo was really determined about it. So what led her to take such risks? She replied, “I don’t choose something because of the results. I have just reached my 30s, and there will be lots of opportunities in future. So films will definitely have good reviews.”

So what does she feel about her soon-to-air film ‘The Grandmaster’? Song Hye Kyo said, “The production of ‘The Grandmaster’ first contacted me, asking me to play the role of Yip Man’s wife. His wife had a strong determination and was very beautiful. I heard that I won’t have much scenes but they were still hoping that I would accept the offer. Even though I won’t have much scenes, I thought to myself that it wouldn’t be that bad, and I actually developed an even stronger desire to accept the offer. Many people around me dissuaded me from taking the offer because of rumours (smiles). They heard that an actress had quarrelled with the director after learning that she only had two scenes, while some even had their entire scene edited off. But I was stubborn. Compared to staying at home, I would rather pick up a thing or two from a world-class director.”

Her stubborn personality left her toughing it out for nearly 4 years, to which Song Hye Kyo admitted, “Frankly speaking, I was wondering to myself whether I really had only 2 scenes to film. I was after all a popular actress back in Korea, so I was wondering whether I will be subjected to such treatment. And four years just went by like this, and I was like fighting myself constantly. There were many times when I just wanted to give it all up. There were times when you go one month without having to film anything, or filming just got cancelled the following day without prior notice.”

The filming environment was vastly different compared to Korea, and Song Hye Kyo explained, “Many of the cast members had worked with Wong Kar Wai in the past, so they were able to take it all in. But it was my first time, so I felt really flustered, and developed thoughts of what the hell am I doing here. I often sat in my room, wondering over my situation, and even cried sometimes. There were also times when I regretted my decision to come over here to suffer, while pushing away many good offers back home in Korea.”

“But I realized that the director had his own unique style of working. When he had the inspiration, he would continue filming. But he would just stop filming if the creativity juices dried up. In the first two years, I kept shuttling between ‘telling the director that I would quit’ and ‘since we have already begun, let’s just get on with it’. In the third year, I really seriously considered quitting the entire film, but then I thought to myself that it would be embarrassing to just give up like this (smiles).”

After four years of filming, ‘The Grandmaster’ finally saw daylight and met viewers at the cinema. Song Hye Kyo’s manager expressed, “Up till now, I still haven’t watch the film. But her (Song Hye Kyo) manager in China did contact me, and when I asked him how it was, he told me that Song Hye Kyo appears quite substantially in the film, and had 6 - 7 minutes of footage (laughs). He said it wasn’t much, but it was really influential. So I told him that it was great then.”

When Song Hye Kyo took the offer, she never considered how many scenes she would have. She stood by her principles, and choose to film something that was different and with a director that she was working with for the first time. Song Hye Kyo revealed, “Yip Man’s real-life son once said to me, that he was really thankful to me for portraying his mother because I was able to bring her beauty to life on the big screen. People in South Korea do value screen time more than anything else, so if viewers have plans to view the film because they wanted to see me, I think that they would be left severely disappointed after watching it. But it would be a marvel for fans who love such films.”

So with 6 minutes of footage after four years of toil and wait, what has Song Hye Kyo learnt from this experience? She replied, “Wong Kar Wai’s directorial ability really leaves you in shock. He is able to film many scenes that leave me feeling stunned. He is so meticulous with every little detail of my everyday look that I have to pay attention to my posture and others at all times. There was one particular scene which took over 30 takes, and the director nearly had a fit with me. So sometimes, I would have a cup of whiskey before resuming filming. Because I had to show my emotions, and also learn how to control my feelings at the same time.”

She continued, “Thinking back to the four years of filming, I feel that I have grown more mature through experiences of hurt and setbacks. It also allowed me to develop an appreciation for my Korean fans and relationships between one another. I also began to understand that when I feel like acting, it is such a torturous feeling of not being able to do so even though you are burning with passion. When I really felt like acting, ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ came up at the right time. If I did not suffer through those four years, I might not have the passion when it came to filming ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows.”

While working with Wong Kar Wai for the past four years, Song Hye Kyo also confirmed her participation in John Woo’s new film ‘Love and Let Love’. Song Hye Kyo said at the end, “Thankfully, John Woo doesn’t take a long time like Wong Kar Wai to film something. I have always liked challenges, and even if it’s difficult, I still find it interesting. But I am not belittling fans or viewers here, because I have to act well, in order for viewers to derive enjoyment from watching it. I know I am willing to film new dramas, but I don’t know how it will turn out.”

By: Yoon Hyo Jeong

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Guest mrboggeyman1

There's a news but not a good one though.

Promotion for twtwb in Singapore and Malaysia will be attended by Oh Soo but no news of Oh Young coming. :P

Guest ulap

mrboggeyman1 said:

There's a news but not a good pone though.

Promotion for twtwb in Singapore and Malaysia will be attended by Oh Soo but no news of Oh Young coming.

Aaah...Why don't I feel disappointed? Guess I am used to her MIA and ninja ways...I'm not even having my hopes up in baeksang....though I love surprises..... :-\" :-\" :-\"

@jjeennyy19

I don't know but i have this strong feeling that shk will attend the awards night. I think that to be able to give thanks to the whole TWTWB writer, director, crew and cast, she will attend if her schedule permits that. :D

She did so well in TWTWB and she deserves that 'ultimate' recognition for her acting. ;)