Guest fanda5000

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gotericshin

they should of ended the series w/ them n the house w/ the glass ceiling

or... SUMMER SCENT 2? =)

actually if a sequal were to be done....*thinks* WOW i can't think of any other drama then SUMMER SCENT O_O!

misa/fullhouse/autumntale/wint.sona./ hmm Summer Scent would be perfect for a sequal <3 SYJ

Guest hazel_witch

making of Summer Scent

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk01_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk02_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk03_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk04_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk05_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk06_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk07_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk08_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk09_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk10_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk11_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk12_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk13_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk14_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk15_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk16_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk17_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk18_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_summer/making/sk19_m.asf

credits to precious04

The ending was not satisfying because after all the hardships they been through, we wanted to see some shots of them being married, walking in the park or playing with their children.

Just like Love at Harvard or Full House...we wanted to see them really happy together!

lol i didnt like those endings haha. a little too happy for me. i dont know why.

well heres my thing about the ending. dont read if you dont want it spoiled you peeps that havent watched it yet.

the whole story revolved entirely around syj loving ssh becuase she had his ex's heart. even though it wasnt fully revealed until the last half of the drama, the audience knew from the very beginning. however, many people ridiculed the drama because it seemed impossible that the plot would happen in real life. it also is very rare for someone to survive one heart transplant...and so her suriving two was kinda crazy. but her second one she got a pacemaker or something, which was interesting because she didnt have someone else's heart but she now truly had her own in a way. and that is why she faked her death. she knew that if she saw ssh her heart wouldnt be like it did before when she say him because it wasnt her heart. however, in the last scene, without even seeing him, her heart began beating like before...meaning that she had truly loved him from the beginning and though she had the ex's heart, it was her own feelings from the get go.

i thought it was a very interesting ending and it wasnt the original one. i think the ending changed the whole meaning of the drama. really beautful story.

An emotional moment in Summer Scent

Heart-breaking moment for Ye jin fans.

This was one of those scenes which was very emotional for me too. In this scene, Ye jin's character went to ask Ming Woo (SSH) to love her again. For a lady to do this, straight after a man asked for a break-up, showed how much Hae Won loved Ming Woo.

reconcile11eg.jpg

reconcile33cz.jpg

You asked me why I came?

reconcile47vt.jpg

Because I miss you

reconcile50fb.jpg

Because I miss you so much!

reconcile62zl.jpg

My heart keeps screaming for you

reconcile74sl.jpg

(How can anyone not want to comfort Ye jin crying like this....)

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Hey! my teacher at school is making us write a elements analysis thing for a tv drama. I did summer scent. so here it is since we're required to post it on the forum...

sorry it needs to be formatted

Episode one of the Korean drama, Summer Scent, is an essential segment that is crucial in laying out the storyline of this television series. This is because episode one provides the necessary background information for viewers to understand the complex history of both Hye-won and Min-woo. Without this complex history, viewers would not be able to understand Hye-won and Min-woo’s love in other episodes.

Setting

• The setting of episode one, due to the inclusion of scenes involving the newly built, Incheon International Airport, and other visual clues in Seoul, evidently show that this drama takes place in modern-day South Korea. Other important scenes take place in the mountains of Korea.

Point-Of-View

• Summer Scent is told in an objective fashion, primarily relying on the use of character dialogue and what the audience actually sees to present the story. A case in point is the opening scene in which Hye-won is introduced as a high-school student through the technique of her talking to herself alone. The objective point-of-view in Summer Scent is sometimes altered for what the director wants you to see.

Plot

Conflict

o Hye-won and Min-woo must meet for the drama to develop.

o This is the director’s attempt to introduce Hye-won to Min-woo, as they are shown as the main characters.

Complications

o Hye-won has an implanted heart from Min-woo’s dead girlfriend, though both of them do not know each other.

o Min-woo and Hye-won cross each other’s path many times.

o Hye-won’s boyfriend, Jung-jae, returns from overseas and proposes to Hye-won.

o Jung-jae, Min-woo, and Hye-won could possibly be involved in a love triangle if Min-woo and Hye-won actually meet.

Crisis

o The crisis occurs when Hye-won and her friend, Jang-mi, go to the mountains to take picture of flowers. However, Hye-won and Jang-mi go separate ways, and Hye-Won, who has a heart condition, gets lost.

Climax

o Thus, the climax is reached when Hye-won stumbles down a hill and injures her ankle. She cries for help, as she cannot get up on her feet.

Conclusion

o With night soon coming, along with a downpour of rain, Min-woo, who by coincidence was also in the mountains, finds her and helps her to her feet. The two characters meet for this first time, and the episode concludes when both are forced to spend a night in the mountains due to the darkness, lack of roads and transportation in the mountains. It is then that Hye-won and Min-woo begin to know of each other, paving the way for their romance in future episodes.

Theme

• The theme is that “fate sometimes brings people together”. This is shown by the inclusion of scenes in which Min-woo and Hye-won almost meet and when Min-woo “rescues” Hye-won in the mountains. This can also be seen in that main conflict of the entire series – Hye-won’s heart coming from Min-woo’s deceased girlfriend.

Characters

The main characters, and protagonists of episode one are Min-woo and Hye-won. This is because both are heavily focused on by the camera, with the plot of episode one concerning the issue of when they would meet. The antagonists of this episode probably are Hye-won’s heart and Min-woo’s memories of his deceased lover. Hye-won’s weak heart causes Jung-jae to be worried about Hye-won, meaning Jung-jae might also encounter Min-woo. Min-woo’s memories of his deceased lover cause him pain, pain that might not let him start a new romance, especially with Hye-won. June-jae does not develop into an antagonist until he is introduced to Min-woo, which is found in episodes two and three. Both Hye-won and Min-woo are dynamic characters in episode one as they are burdened with experiences from the past. Many traits of Hye-won and Min-woo are shown – ranging from reflective and mournful, to joyfulness and laughter. Min-woo, especially is multi-sided as he has just returned from Italy, still with scars of his girlfriend’s death years before. Jung-jae, in episode one, is flat character as he is only introduced as Hye-won’s current boyfriend with great concern for her health. Dae-poong, a friend Min-woo, and Jang-mi, a friend of Hye-won, are also flat characters with traits that show their concern for their respective friends. They are also foil characters used for humor, as well as for allowing Hye-won and Min-woo to meet in mountains unaccompanied. Jang-mi, Jung-jae, and Dae-poong are only complications to the conflict of when Hye-won and Min-woo meet.

Episode 1 contributes to the overall series as it introduces us to the characters, and the broiling conflict. However, episode one also takes away from the overall series. For instance, the director’s use of Hye-won and Min-woo “almost meeting” several times by passing each other is commonplace in other dramas and shows. This is ineffective as it makes the plotline too predictable. In addition, the introduction of Jung-jae, Hye-won’s boyfriend, makes it certain that later episodes would incorporate a love triangle – a concept that is prevalent in many Asian dramas. The director of Summer Scent should have considered other complications in romance, as people get tired of seeing the same material in different forms. The main purposes of first episodes, other than to give basis and background, are to compel the audience to “stick” to that show. Though contributing much to the storyline, episode one of Summer Scent could have done more to draw people in to the story. This fault could lead some viewers to “change the channel”.

Even though I criticize drama in my above, I still Love this drama :D

Here is the Missing U Music Video

Click Here :P

how I wish our professors here in our country would also require us to make a Korean drama analysis just like this one..I read this analysis of yours and I found it very well done..you didn't commit a single mistake..

source: mujuresort

DSC_0065s.jpg

this would make a good PC wallpaper..my crush (Lim Ryu Jin) looks so dashing in here..but sad to say, Son Ye Jin's head was turned to Han Ji Hye's direction..I couldn't look at her beautiful face..very big PC wallpaper

I was just thinking, where were hae won's parents? i mean, jung jae and his family were helping her from the beginning... i was just wondering... :huh:

^ they died in a car accident when she was really young

oh, did they mention that in the first episode? maybe i wasn't paying attention, then...

thanks! :)

Archived