Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

How Kim So Yeon and Lee Hyun Wook Reached Their Prime by Playing the Villains

by Joeun about 10 hours ago

002-1-1536x940.jpg

Some actors perfectly play the villain you can’t help but want to punch in the face when you watch them on screen. However, here we have the villain actors who are actually sweethearts in real life: Kim So Yeon in SBS The Penthouse: War in Life and Lee Hyun Wook in tvN’s Mine.

Kim So Yeon played Chun Seo Jin in Penthouse excellently well, and many would laud her as the best role in her whole career. Lee Hyun Wook is the public enemy in Mine that unites the three female protagonists, Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung and Ok Ja Young. Han Ji Yong, who Lee Hyun Wook plays, turned out to be dead by falling down the stairs. But still, he is the greatest menace in the drama since the circumstances of the incident have yet to be revealed.  

The reason for their popularity is that they have an intriguing gap between the villain character and their real-life personalities. Kim So Yeon has demonstrated her fun, humble nature in various shows, and such aspect became more distinctive since she has starred in Penthouse

Recently, she revealed the personal side of her life with her husband, actor Lee Sang Woo and earned much love from the public. Kim So Yeon didn’t forget to express her gratitude to him when she won the Best Actress award in the 2020 SBS Acting Award, followed by numerous occasions where she expressed her affection for him. Lee Sang Woo made a special appearance in Penthouse as a journalist. One source said, “She has shown her humble personality in many reality TV shows. And when she pulled off the villain perfectly well in The Penthouse, she surprised everyone with her remarkable transformation. Also, the public is always curious about the stars’ married life, and the way she opens her personal life makes the public like her even more.”   

more https://zapzee.net/2021/06/24/how-kim-so-yeon-and-lee-hyun-wook-reached-their-prime-by-playing-the-villains/

• Like 1

I wanted to watch episode 2 of Hospital Playlist 2 and I saw the title of I need Romance 2021. I clicked to see what it is and it was a thai remake of So yeon `s drama. I remembered the scenes and even the dialogues. Nice.

Sweet potato had the nickname tofu this time. :w00t:

Spoiler

• Like 1

Kim SoYeon's Fashion -- "The Penthouse War In Life Season 3" Episode 04

She is wearing now the purple dress she was wearing when she participated at the non- discrimination campaign.

Purple Long Flare OPS by L.JOY

a00923e2bdbead954b8479898cc3dee68b76238a

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQjCAO_tnO7/

6844bee36f800bfff35b451239eefbb70d719f0b

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQi-_mjt8xu/

Pinko bag

f8c086ba57c7ab6038c5453483d2cf4b434e4b11

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQjKi1GN-b9/

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 5:05 AM, larus said:

I am watching Hospital Playlist 2 as well. I love it and I was waiting for this season. How I wish So yeon will play in a drama like this! Of course, not everyone likes this type of dramas but, personally, it one of my favorite. I am glad that many people likes this show in Korea . It has very good ratings and not with contrived plot to keep people engaged. That`s a good writing in my opinion.

About Penthouse, it is the only drama of So yeon  that I can`t stand. It is so ridiculous that hurts. I did not watch All About Eve either (I watched only So yeon`s scenes) because it is not a genre I like but, at least, that drama was tolerable.  As you said, it is good that our girl have success but I wish that she will chose other types of shows in the future. We can only hope. Depends on the offers she will get.

I watched Law School. Kim Myung Min is one of my favorite actors. For me it was different. I had a hard time to connect with this show in the first few episodes but I liked this show later. I liked the ending. It was a drama that was so so for me but I finished it without problems.

I don`t usual recommend kdramas but I tell you what I liked recently. Netflix drama Move to Heaven (just ten episodes). An emotional show that was well written, not over dramatic. Another Netflix drama Mad at Each Other. It is not worth recommending but it was a nice little romcom (13 episodes of 30 minutes). Action/crime drama Undercover (JTBC) was an enjoyable watch. 

And I watched the first episode of MBC drama On the Verge of Insanity and it looks promising. Take a look to see if you would like it.

Thanks for sharing! 

Hospital playlist is super special I think. And I am also glad its received well. It's definitely not a typical Korean drama, so there was a bit of risk I think with the production team going forth with it initially. I also wish So Yeon could get a similar role, where I can just peacefully enjoy her acting and not be so bother by the story and craziness. 

Funny, I have only seen clips of "all about Eve" too. But I've watched all the other dramas Kim so Yeon was in. 

And for law school, I really like Kim Myung min too! He's one of my favorite Korean actors. I liked him in New Leaf, another law drama, although the script for that one also could have been better for me. The Law School show was exciting for me in the beginning but it got a little repetitive for me near the end, and also a little unrealistic. It felt more like a detective drama than law one for me. But overall would still recommend it to others.

And thanks for listing some of the ones you are watching. Move to heaven is on my list, but I've been putting it off, I am worried it gets too emotional or sad to watch. I need to be in a really good mood to tolerate really sad dramas. Undercover also sounds fascinating!! I am going to check that out. 

Are there any upcoming dramas you're keeping an eye out for? 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 4:47 AM, bananacad said:

And thanks for listing some of the ones you are watching. Move to heaven is on my list, but I've been putting it off, I am worried it gets too emotional or sad to watch. I need to be in a really good mood to tolerate really sad dramas. Undercover also sounds fascinating!! I am going to check that out. 

Move to Heaven is emotional but it is not too sad. I liked that the writer did not "beg for tears" but it came naturally. I will

not mind if they will make a second season.

On 6/26/2021 at 4:47 AM, bananacad said:

Are there any upcoming dramas you're keeping an eye out for?

There are a lot of dramas that I am interested. You Are My Spring, Mount Jiri, Green Mother Club, Juvenile Judgement, Those Who Read Hearts of Evil,  Black Sun, The Devil Judge, to name a few that I will check this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, larus said:

Move to Heaven is emotional but it is not too sad. I liked that the writer did not "beg for tears" but it came naturally. I will

There are a lot of dramas that I am interested. You Are My Spring, Mount Jiri, Green Mother Club, Juvenile Judgement, Those Who Read Hearts of Evil,  Black Sun, The Devil Judge, to name a few that I will check this year.

Ah nice!! I'll definitely give move to heaven a try then. It's quite nice! 

I'll also keep an eye out for the other dramas you mentioned. :)) 

and as always. Love Soyeon in all these new dresses and outfits. It's more of a fashion show for me than a drama. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bananacad said:

and as always. Love Soyeon in all these new dresses and outfits. It's more of a fashion show for me than a drama.

The same. :) I love the fashion in this drama. I watched So yeon`s scenes only in season 2, now I don`t do that but I always look for the fashion.

Kim So-yeon reveals behind-the-scenes cuts of ‘Angel Photos’ and ‘Chun Seo-jin

2021062809233807970d3244b4fed18217218612

Kim So-yeon's gorgeous visuals attract attention

Actress Kim So-yeon, who is showing extraordinary potential from the beginning of the disassembly as Cheon Seo-jin once again in SBS 'Penthouse 3', which is currently airing, is admiring with her dazzling beauty and styling reminiscent of characters in the work.

The released behind-the-scenes photos are cuts from the advertising shoots of the jewelry brand Kim So-yeon is working as a model, and her colorful aspects of going back and forth between softness and charisma catch the eye. She is smiling brightly while looking at the camera during makeup, while Kim So-yeon, who makes a deep expression with her eyes changed 180 degrees when filming starts, attracts attention.

In addition, Kim So-yeon, who perfectly digests the luxurious style that matches her gold-colored clothes and jewelry, is said to have boasted her professional charm, reminiscent of a pictorial shooting site in her actual field. Meanwhile, Kim So-yeon can be seen on SBS 'Penthouse 3', which is broadcast every Friday at 10 PM.

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202106280088

• Like 2

Lee Sang-woo received a buff from Kim So-yeon, who protects from behind?! Even professional golfer Lee Ji-hye was surprised by the approach!

Fashion

KimSoyeon's Elizabeth Frankie knitted dress

ff39f550aa1b83496fc31d2f7e2d851e9c9a91ab

• Like 1

17 hours ago, larus said:

@bananacad and @larus

How are you doing, my dear ladies.

Yes, about recent dramas broadcast in the first half of the year, I would highly recommend you to watch :

1. Beyond Evil

2. Undercover

3. Move to Heaven - I don't mind 2nd season too

4. Taxi driver - All cases are from real stories that happened in South Korea last time. Very interesting and entertaining. I don't mind 2nd season and I love the OST.

I am anticipating the upcoming new drama :

•  Mount Jiri
  • The Devil Judge
  • Kingdom S3
  • Juvenile Judgement
  • Black Sun
  • Last Night (or One Ordinary Day)

Let's see if the storyline is as good as the cast presented :) 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

@bananacad and @larus

How are you doing, my dear ladies.

I am doing fine. Last weekend I have my first trip (just two days) in two years. My last trip was in summer 2019.

I hope you are fine too.

Your watch list is similar to mine. I have not seen Taxi Driver but I heard good things about it. I will watch One Ordinary day also and it has just 8 episodes. I hope I will watch Kingdom someday (all the seasons). When I read the synopsis about zombie or vampires, I don`t finish reading and decide not to watch. I heard that Kingdom is a well written drama (I like the writer). Beside the zombies, there is another plot. I`ll see.

So yeon and one of the Penthouse staff

0473e444fd33990594215fe76026b111ca2318ce

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQlck1mNc94/

@bananacad, I will watch Uncle too. I like the cast and the genre. Oh Jung Se and Jeopn Hye Jin will be the protagonists. Lee Sang Woo will be in this drama too. This is his second drama after Touch your Heart that I will be watching. Not always I like the genre of his dramas.

• Love 2

Behind the scene video

viewimage.php?id=26b4dd35eacb3da960&no=2

viewimage.php?id=26b4dd35eacb3da960&no=2

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=kimsoyeon&no=36377&page=1

Subskatch' Eugene "'Penha 3' Kim So-yeon's cliff-fall scene actually fell with a wire attached"

On this day, Oh Yoon-hee (Eujin) and Ha Eun-byeol (Choi Ye-bin) visited the scene to film the cliff scene in the SBS Friday drama 'Penthouse 3'. To this, Oh Yoon-hee gave a cool reaction, saying, "Even if you fall out, it's okay as long as the water is clean." On the other hand, Joo Dan-tae (Um Ki-joon) hated it, saying, "I have a phobia of heights."

Ha Eun-byeol, who appeared next, expressed tension by saying, "It's so cool, but it's so scary." Oh Yoon-hee relieved Ha Eun-byul's tension by saying, "Fortunately, the water looks clean."

Among them, Ha Eun Byul mentioned the cliff-fall scene of Cheon Seo-jin (Kim So-yeon) and asked, "I wonder how she took a picture of So-yeon's face when she fell."

Before the full-fledged filming, Ha Eun-byul said, "They said the door wouldn't open when water started to get into the car. (Before filming) I came here with all my thoughts." Oh Yoon-hee said, "Don't worry, I won't drop it," she shuddered. In addition, Ha Eun-byul laughed, saying, "I only told her how to breathe and not how to swim" regarding the underwater breathing method that her mother, Seo-jin Cheon, told her in the drama.

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=9490408

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=9490408

• Like 1

Slim 9 model Kim So-yeon

Women's underwear brand Slim 9, run the 9 Me campaign, actress Kim So-yeon was selected as a model

Slim9, a representative women's underwear brand that plans, develops, and sells D2C in Communication & Culture, has popular products such as square panties and comfortable bras ‘Body Positive’ that makes comfortable and slim, the first brand campaign to ‘rescue’ women from discomfort ‘Make me 9’ Actress 'Kim So-yeon' shows comfort and slimness with various outfits and fashion sense in dramas and broadcasting activities, and already sympathizes with the value as a real Slim 9 customer .

1040049794_20210630083158_5511153906.jpg

viewimage.php?no=24b0d769e1d32ca73cec8ff

On the 30th June, it was announced that they had selected actress Kim So-yeon, who is gaining national recognition through her drama Penthouse and many broadcasting activities, as her model.

In order to share with consumers the brand value of letting women love their bodies as they are with comfort and slimness, Slim 9 is an actor who is loved by many as a drama penthouse with the message of 'Let me 9' without taking any inconvenience. It will be delivered through Kim So-yeon and her campaign.

Actress Kim So-yeon is showing her 'comfortable' appearance to the public in her non-drama broadcasts and daily life, and her 'slimness' as it is with various outfits and fashion sense in the drama Penthouse.

Slim 9 selected Kim So-yeon in the belief that it would be able to convey the message of the campaign to 2040 women in a genuine way and show the brand value of Slim 9 well.

In particular, in the process of selecting her model, it is expected that Kim So-yeon is a customer who actually uses Slim 9 products and already sympathizes with the value of the brand, so that she can convey her brand values and messages more sincerely.

https://www.newswire.co.kr/newsRead.php?no=926244

• Like 2

3 stage target fire extinguishing agent Dazes Exclusive model Kim So-yeon Hanlim Pharm is cheering you on!

2d736507d2960b8336aacc2193a8e55c259e6347

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQvXy-5H6hO/

Dajes model actress Kim So-yeon visited Hanlim Pharmaceutical :)

5a312d3fb3d422a11661a6a6a9ed647f68d5e1d4

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQu4qQslUHo/

Let see the advertisement for this pharmaceutical product (complex digestion product).

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

On 6/30/2021 at 3:40 PM, larus said:

More behind the scene pictures from Slim 9 advertisement video

Reveal hidden contents

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=kimsoyeon&no=36380&page=1

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/topic/article/2021063051044

Glad we are right! Haha we say her post on Instagram earlier and everyone was making guesses as to what new CF she was filming!

Thanks for all the recommendations @lebeaucouple and @larus! I am happy to have all these new dramas to catch up on. 

I also can't wait to go on vacation travelling again. Hopefully we all get to go back to normal soon! 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 2