Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

21 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I remember there was a Hong Kong made movie called "Turn Left, Turn Right. Love, Or Regret"  -  technically it will never meet again if it is on a different direction, unless it is a big roundabout that will bring both to meet some day by destiny....

It was really the destiny. Both were single and both have similar personality. BTW, I love that title."Turn Left, Turn Right. Love, Or Regret" .  :) It helped that it was a long drama and that they met in AFY advertising as well. I am so happy for both of them. :heart:  I remember her saying in an interview that she hopes she would marry at 37 but that age is coming quickly and there were not thoughts on marriage yet. She did not meet the right person.  And look at her now! She will marry at 37. Thinking at her possible wedding, she said that it would be nice if she will have a small wedding with only family and close friends, eventually on a beach. I hope she will have at least a pictorial, with this concept.  It will look so nice. Either way, I hope they will have a good life together. They are down to Earth people. I like how Sangwoo said that he is going to live with a good person as a normal man. Hope both of them will continue their acting career. Wish them the best.

15 hours ago, applebee88 said:

but on part of LeeSW - I noticed  he seems attracted and smitten with So Yeon, especially on the swimming pool scene..
(can't remember the exact EPI )

Well I ignored that and just said to myself, every other guy would be smitten with So Yeon..she' an angel...

Really? I did not realised that scene was a hint at that time. :).  In retrospect, I remember some hints in other various ocasion (mostly in BTS stills/ videos), but I admit that I chose to ignore the signs. It was obvious that they are becoming close, liking each other. :lol:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, larus said:

I remember her saying in an interview that she hopes she would marry at 37 but that age is coming quickly and there were not thoughts on marriage yet. She did not meet the right person.  And look at her now! She will marry at 37. 

It is amazing to see their romance turn out to be a successful one although they are really shy persons, a good relationship is worth the wait,  even if they met earlier, like at their age of 33, I don't think they will settle down so soon....they may probably still focus on their career at that point in time....

The longer you wait for something, the more you will appreciate when you get it because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting....this couple is certainly appreciating what they get it

Their real life love story can be as interesting as any K-drama /movie romance :) 

Let me recap some of their "coincidences and similarities" :

1. LSW presented "best supporting role" award to KSY in 2008.

2. Met in HH drama and AFY as a couple

3. KSY's favourite restaurant is near to LSW apartment and thus this made a good excuse for their weekly dating.

4. Both are natural good looking, kind-hearted, sincere and shy persons.

5. Both love singing but not skillful yet and thus they seek for professional guidance.

Of course, they have differences and that made them complement each other perfectly.

Let's toast for this lovely couple - Wishing them many more years of togetherness.:D :heart:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, larus said:

Really? I did not realised that scene was a hint at that time. :).  In retrospect, I remember some hints in other various ocasion (mostly in BTS stills/ videos), but I admit that I chose to ignore the signs. It was obvious that they are becoming close, liking each other. :lol:

Yes..that's what I noticed with LeeSW. I just ignored it hhaha... I think I need to watch Happy H. again. 

well . girls can easily notice those things..glances and look when a guy likes a girl. 

The funny thing is there are lots of shipping thread out there and no one predicted that something is going on for these two...lol!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Their real life love story can be as interesting as any K-drama /movie romance :) 

Let me recap some of their "coincidences and similarities" :

1. LSW presented "best supporting role" award to KSY in 2008.

2. Met in HH drama and AFY as a couple

3. KSY's favourite restaurant is near to LSW apartment and thus this made a good excuse for their weekly dating.

4. Both are natural good looking, kind-hearted, sincere and shy persons.

5. Both love singing but not skillful yet and thus they seek for professional guidance.

Perfect excuse to meet, to spend  more time together and getting closer. Dating but not dating. :lol: They spent so much time filming but they had to restrained themselves. She said that the people around them worry at one point that after so much time filming the drama they still did not seem to get closer. :D But, the other actors and the crew  are perceptive persons. They did not tease Soyeon for nothing. They see some signs just like some of us, the audience but weren`t sure.  First... they have noticed the stare and the kisses that were very good. :tongue: I personally, did not realised from the kissing scene like @applebee88 because they both are known as good kissers. And they played the characters who were in love. For me it was obvious that they are getting closer (as friends I thought or wanted to believe ^_^) when I saw them in BTS pictures. Some exemples: When he put the "wings" on her (that was in April, in the time they said that they realised they like each other),   tasting the food at the supermarket scene (that was a direct tease of real Sang Woo while filming. Soyeon was really flustered. That was not her character), the way they looked at each other in BTS after the choosing of the wedding dress scene,  Sang woo`s electric fan was used so much by Soyeon, when Sang woo was so gentleman that he took the script from her hand. :lol: 

So, they met almost weekly beside the filming. For me it was not a surprised that they decided to marry after 6- 7 months of dating. They connected all this time while filming Happy Home and they have started officialy dating after the end of the drama and realised all this time that they are right for each other.

3 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Of course, they have differences and that made them complement each other perfectly.

Exactly. Sang woo is so calm and a quiet person but very determined and Soyeon is more expansive, lively and cheerful. But both are caring and shy. He is good at cooking and we know Soyeon... :lol: I think each other have a good influence on each other and complemented each other`s strenghts and weaknesses. Hope for a long life together as a married life is not easy.  Even with love, the everyday married life raises all kinds of challenges.

We all hope for picture from a pictorial together, for the wedding ceremony. But I still want Soyeon to take a role this year. Now I wonder if she wanted to prepare for the wedding and that`s the reason she dropped the role in Father is Strange. I still want to believe she got another offer. In my mind, there is a high chance is that PD Lee Dong Yoon has offered a role in his September drama and who wouldn`t want to be in a shorter drama with a friendly crew? Sang woo could make a cameo in the drama. Dreams on!! :)  I secretly hope she has other oportunities for a role as well.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 4

March 29, 2017

Lee Sang-woo, Kim So-yeon to wed

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

28211828.jpg

Lee Sang-woo and Kim So-yeon, both 37, will tie the knot in June after having played a married couple in last year’s drama “Happy Home.” 

Agencies of the two actors confirmed rumors first unearthed by news group Dispatch early yesterday morning. Lee’s agency and Kim’s agency, HM Entertainment and Namoo Actors respectively, released a joint statement which said, “Actors Lee Sang-woo and Kim So-yeon decided to get married. The two held a meeting between their families yesterday, and are scheduled to hold a wedding in June.” 

Lee and Kim began their relationship after playing a couple in MBC’s “Happy Home,” confirming dating rumors when the show wrapped. 

Lee debuted in 2005 with “Eighteen, Twenty-Nine,” and has been featured in many of Korea’s favorite dramas including “First Wives’ Club” (2007) and “Life is Beautiful” (2010).

Kim debuted in 1994 as a child actor, and has built her reputation as a reliable actress with roles in “Iris” (2013) and “I Need Romance” (2011).

By Kim Jung-kyoon

Published on March 29, 2017 by K STAR 생방송 스타뉴스

• Like 4

I am OVERJOYED by this piece of good news this YeonWoo couple is getting hitched for real!!:wub:

Hello Larus and many other KSY fans, esp. those who were on the thread in HH!!

Yes, my many hours of watching HH did bear fruit as one fan said earlier in the thread! The first long, family kdrama that I followed through with the same week telecast.

Apologies for not able to stay active on this thread due to family commitments. Somehow I sensed something brewing and came in to check and saw the news of their wedding announcement!

I'm glad that both are for real and sincere towards each other, they will make a great husband-and-wife team, esp. when LSW can be such a capable house-husband....So Yeonie, you are one LUCKY gal, you! :D

So Yeon has a new role already, though not telecasted - she's into a lifetime role as a wife and mother (soon, hopefully!)

My blessings upon this handsome couple!! :heart:

• Like 5

@hsyhsy - wow , long time no hear from you........i hope life treats you kind :) 

Everyone in this forum is overjoyed by this good news for sure. I agreed with you that her new chapter of life will be a lifetime role as a good wife and mother-to-be :D ....i can't imagine how clumsy she will be when she becomes a mother one day to handle a new born baby.........I think LSW will be a better one who can take care of the baby......who knows.......kekeke:w00t:

I am sure she will come back to her drama role one day (after she settles down) because she has a strong passion for acting.., likewise for LSW:)

• Like 4

Soyeon and Sang Woo`s wedding news starts from 1:25 min. It is funny how KBS edit the video, putting the face of Soyeon (I guess the scene was from Sang woo`s KBS drama All About My Mom.). They did not show excerpt from Happy Home because it was a MBC show. :tongue: 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, applebee88 said:

wished they will post more pics....I want to see more.  Hoping she would share more stories, how they relationship unfold.  So we have to give thanks to the rice cake??:)

You and all the fans :tongue:.. But ...It is unlikly to see Korean people from enterteinment so open about their relationship. Both are shy and very private. We have to be happy that Soyeon was more open about this relationship then we hoped. She talked in the last year interview how were their first dates, her feelings about Sang Woo, what her family is thinking about him. She shared a picture with both of them. Now, she has shared with her fans a few thoughts, how she is feeling now when she is about to get married, how things evolved between them. I think it is alright that they want to be private. We have to undertand how some actors don`t like to be in the spotlight when is about their personal life/ behind their professional life. Sang Woo did not share the news with his best friend until it was not a done deal and you think they will tell us more? :D We have to be hopeful that some magazine will do an interview and a pictorial with both of them in the near future. 

We wish them to be happy in their married life and to continue to gave us good roles on screen. I keep my fingers crossed that she will continue her career many years from now on.

• Like 2

So yeon updated her Instagram with two more pictures. She has visited an art exhibition again.

Spoiler

tumblr_oniy61Uifz1sdd1ivo2_r3_500.jpg

tumblr_oniy61Uifz1sdd1ivo3_r1_500.jpg

source Soyeon Instagram 1 2

Actress Kim So Yeon revealed her daily life while watching the exhibition.
On May 3, Kim So - yeon posted photos taken in front of a picture of the Japanese anime 'Galaxy Express 999' on her Instagram. 
In the photo, Kim Soo-yeon went to the Matsumoto Raji Galaxy Railway 999 exhibition at the Hangaram Art Museum. She wears a black coat and is 100% synchronized with the anime girl. (Google translation) 

56087152.jpg

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article.asp?nsID=1185761

• Like 1

We are tracking down Soyeon wherever she goes. :D An Instagram user posted a picture with Soyeon`s signature and said that  "Talent Kim So Yeon who just went to eat. She is beautiful in the dramas but in real life is more beautiful. Congratulations on getting married soon". 

From another person, we found out that she went to eat in a restaurant in Cheongdam ~ "Today, actor Kim Soo-yeon came to Cheongdam."

source

• Like 1

I am so very happy to read of the news of the upcoming wedding of our girl So Yeon and Sang Woo in June. My ship sailed! This beats any news of any exciting new project or new drama role for her. It is a real life role of being wife to someone she loves and is going to share her life. 

Having said that, I still hope to see So Yeon to take on a good drama or movie project or take on a good acting role now and then even after her marriage but perhaps not as active as before.

I still remember fondly those days last year when we are shipping our Bongji couple in Happy Home! All the speculation of So Yeon using the portable fan that look like the one that SangWoon used, the teasing of So Yeon by her co stars......

Now waiting for wedding photos - So Yeon will be a beautiful bride. Hope So Yeon and Sang Woo share some of their wedding photos with us!

Last but not least, wishing So Yeon and Sang Woo a happy and blissful marriage!

• Like 2

And thanks @larus for keeping this thread going with news of So Yeon! I still drop by often although I do not post anything. It is very quiet nowadays with no new project from So Yeon....sigh!

@larus are you watching any drama currently? Any new dramas to recommend?

I am in a slump now with dramas, not that I was very active previously. Since Happy Home, I only managed to garner enough interest in 2 dramas which is Cheese in the Trap and Bad Guys and watched them.  Both are actually quite good.

Cheese in the Trap is a slice of university life drama but portrayed in a more realistic and relatable manner, quite different from the usual Korean dramas until last 2 episodes when it started to go somewhat downhill with the usual drama elements. I also quite like the lead actress Kim Go Eun who somehow reminds me of our girl So Yeon as both are talented and versatile actresses who are able to portray very different roles in very different genres and changing skin like cameloon.

Now that my 2 fave actress who are Kim So Yeon and KimTae Hee are married/ going to be married and be even less active, it will be worse so hope that Kim Go Eun and her projects can elicit some interest in me although I think she is more active in movies.

• Like 1

Busy catching up on the previous posts, just realised that I am so late with my reaction to this good news!  

It is interesting to know that they had actually met previously 6 years ago but had no chance to meet again until their collaboration in Happy Home and All for You. And we must thank spicy rice cakes? Hehe.....:wub:

1 hour ago, charray said:

I am in a slump now with dramas, not that I was very active previously. Since Happy Home, I only managed to garner enough interest in 1 drama which is Cheese in the Trap and watched it. It is actually quite good. It shows slice of university life in a more realistic and relatable manner which is quite different from the usual drama until last 2 episodes when it started to be like other Korean dramas with all the drama. Did you watched this drama before?

I am not in a mood for kdramas as I was before but I`m still watching. I think there are dramas that could get our interest. Someone has to have time and mood for them. :) I did not watched Cheese In the Trap but I read about it. It was made after a succesful manga and they are doing a movie as well. I watched Kim Go Eun only in Goblin but she is a talented actress. I am watching some crime or mystery dramas lately as I am a fan of the genre. Tunnel and Mystery Queen are my favorite right now and I will start Chicago Typewriter this weekend. The later two are comedies so you could try them. The other drama that I am watching at the moment is Ms Perfect (Perfect Wife).

I read about dramas but I am not able to watch everything that seams interesting. Just Soyeon will make me watch anything. :lol: I miss our girl on screen. I am happy for her for her upcoming marriage. I remember how happy she was before meeting her virtual husband on WGM. Her mother said to her to think about how excited she will be when she will have a real wedding. She is happy right now as she found love and a life companion. Wish them the best. It would be the best if she will have an acting project this year. If she will have a child soon, she will take some time off. 

1 hour ago, charray said:

Preview of our June bride, So Yeon! She is stunning in that pictorial.

Yeah, she is stunning.

Until her real wedding dress...let `s admire her in a wedding dress collection.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, charray said:

It is interesting to know that they had actually met previously 6 years ago but had no chance to meet again until their collaboration in Happy Home and All for You. And we must thank spicy rice cakes? Hehe.....:wub:

From what she said it was a short meeting with a little conversation. They are actors so they have a lot of opportunities to meet. A movie premiere, an award show or other events. But there are so many people in the business so it about luck/ chance to meet sometimes. :D

48 minutes ago, larus said:

I am not in a mood for kdramas as I was before but I`m still watching. I think there are dramas that could get our interest. Someone has to have time and mood for them. :) I did not watched Cheese In the Trap but I read about it. It was made after a succesful manga and they are doing a movie as well. I watched Kim Go Eun only in Goblin but she is a talented actress. I am watching some crime or mystery dramas lately as I am a fan of the genre. Tunnel and Mystery Queen are my favorite right now and I will start Chicago Typewriter this weekend. The later two are comedies so you could try them. The other drama that I am watching at the moment is Ms Perfect (Perfect Wife).

It is difficult to find many Korean dramas that interest me enough to watch them nowadays unlike a few years ago although I still religiously read up about them. I think Korean movies interest me more nowadays. I had watched a couple of good ones........The Throne, The Insider Men, Memories of the Sword....  

Oh, I have some interest in Chicago Typewriter too as it has Yoo Ah In...he is a talented actor. Saw him in The Throne. Nowadays it seems like TVN has the influence and muscle to atttact talented actors and actrsss from movies to its projects as many popular movie actors and actress had participated in TVN's projects. I think I will give it a try. 

I am also considering to watch JTBC Man to Man. I like the genre of thrillers and secret agents like my fave drama, Iris. And it has Kim Min Jung, former label mate with So Yeon  and Park Hae Jin, both of whom I quite like. The teaserslook fun and interesting too. 

I like the theme and concept in Mystery Queen but not the lead actress and lead actor.......if only So Yeon is the lead actress then it will be perfect and I will watch it. Why didn't they offer to our girl? I am sure our So Yeon is talented enough to make the role of Mystery Queen her own. 

I remembered sharing here that I wanted to watch Goblin with all the hype  but sadly gave up after watching snippets here and there which seem quite boring to me so don't quite get what is the hype about. And Kim Go Eun did not seem as interesting and compelling in Goblin as she is in Cheese in the Trap! So far, no actress can catch my interest like what So Yeon has done.....that is why she is my fave even after so many years.

• Like 1

Jung Kyung Ho updated his Instagram with a picture with Soyeon. I missed seing them together.

The picture doesn`t have a good resolution quality but I am so grateful that he uploaded it. :wub:

source

Spoiler

tumblr_oniy61Uifz1sdd1ivo4_r1_500.png

He coungratulated her on her upcoming marriage and she responded that she will be more than happy to congratulate him when time will come. :wub:

• Like 1