Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Guest bityxu

More pics of SY's new short hairstyle ;)

ibygOaJUPCYHSA.jpg
ibd8cx7H5EuTPY.jpg
iPA0v1RrdPj85.jpg
iu8ORXP60zk8o.jpg
it1jilBFICT5M.jpg
ibhMFWSzQVZNX7.jpg
ibkzAuGJtoqsuI.jpg

with Suan, the hair-stylist who cut hair for our girl ^^

iO0qJtTFv3qu2.jpg
itCE9gegeB12k.jpg

cr : Suan's naver blog

Guest csfan

OMG her short hair is really awesome.. It's a very sweet hairdo, not badass like the one she did for SunHwa character.. I really like it!! :D It's funny how she can pull two different short haircuts hehe I so prefer her with shorter hair because it shows off her better features and makes her look edgy/chic!
Yay finally we get to see our girl more! I cannot wait to see more news on the actual drama shooting! Feels like August is a lloooong time away.... 
Thanks bityxu for the regular updates! 

@csfan, I am so glad that Jo Min Ki joined this drama. I love this man. I dont think he and our girl had a scene in TGS. I hope this time will be different. I wonder what connection he will have with other characters. He is the one who will frame Tae-san and want him dead. The killer works for him. He pretends to be a legitimate business-man so maybe he will have ties with the chief of police....We`ll see.

No surprised that she will have short hair for this drama. The moment I read that her character is a tomboy I knew she will choose this hair style. I like it. For me this haircut is similar with Sun Hwa`s. I hope she will have nicer clothes.

I want to see pictures from the shooting. I can`t wait.

Guest csfan

@larus: Yes I am also happy that JMK joined the drama.. wow the cast list just keeps on getting better and better! I cannot wait till August comes!
About her hair.. I love it so much.. hahah yeah her character is a tomboy but I find this haircut quite feminine heheh Hmm I think she'll wear casual clothes considering her character's profession and personality. I am waiting to see more pictures of the filming.. When do they start filming anyways? I do hope they have a lead start so that live shooting won't happen at the end *fingers crossed*

I heard that they started filming already. Somebody saw KSY, LJK, PHS shooting at MBC. If they did not officially start filming I don`t think they will delay much longer. This drama will have many action scenes. I think it takes time to film those scenes and edit them properly. I don`t like live filming schedules but if it will be the case I hope they will have a few weeks in advance. I don`t want accidents on the set, extra pressure, changing the story, improvisation.

Yeah, the haircut gives me the feminine vibe too. I just want to see this vibe in her character. Anticipation of a new drama is hard to handle sometimes. Some picture will be nice.   

Disclaimer: Gist by Google-translation
June 18, 2013
Actress Kim So Yeon contributes voice talent for the visually-impaired
Source: Nate ++
130618_51bff434bb916.jpg

On the 17th, Seoul's Seongbuk Braille Library Homepage discloses that actress Kim So Yeon had volunteered and contributed by reading a book into an audio CD for the visually impaired.
Kim So Yeon's heart warming contribution surprises the Voice Book project with her steady voice and completed the segment within a day with professional outcome. As the book to read was chosen on the spot and book-reading starts early in the morning, the actress did not waver and finished without any hesitation.
Online comments have applauded KSY's gesture and effort as "a beautiful face with a beautiful mind & warm heart", "so early in the morning, yet so sweet", "voice that will cheer you up"

Didn't attach the related image here, just the article.. 
June 17, 2013
Actress Kim So Yeon’s Spiffy New Hairstyle
By Joanne+ DramaFever Blog Recently, Kim So Yeon posted on Me Today, with the words, “Snip~Thud” along with a photo grabbing fans’ attention. In the photo, Kim So Yeon is without makeup, wearing a sleeveless t-shirt and smiling — radiating her pure charm. Best of all, she showed off her new career-woman short cut.
Kim So Yeon got the cut for the new MBC drama, Two Weeks, where she plays righteous prosecutor Park Jae Kyung.
Netizens who came across Kim So Yeon’s short cut photo commented, “Kim So Yeon’s short cut is pretty,” “The face is the fashion’s perfection for sure,” “Kim So Yeon’s short hair cut is innocent yet sexy.”
In the show, Kim So Yeon pursues Jang Tae San (Lee Jun Ki), who is framed for murder. Her character is a woman with smarts, who cannot ignore any injustice, and tries to dig into the case as a prosecutor.
(source: nate news)

I love her. I feel she has some serious acting chops to her. I love the fact that her costar in Iris, T.O.P, has/had a crush on her or her on him. She is awesome and so very beautiful.
id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading"

We all agree with you, @smhelen, So Yeon is talented, a beautiful person both inside and outside. I don`t know about TOP but So Yeon said that she had a little crush on him. :) So sweet. I hope she will find the man she loves and be very happy. 

Hi there,I just wanted to know about KSY's role in the new drama. Is she playing the first or second lead actress? I'm getting confused as I know she is playing a prosecutor to help LJK who is in love with PHS and in there is love triangle with them both and actor RSY. Correct me if I'm wrong, thanks.

The question of the moment! :))

@jeeji, Kim So Yeon is the first lead. I don`t have any doubts no matter how many people are confused about her status in this drama because usually in kdramas the first lead female/male is in a love triangle. I understand why everybody is confused and want to know to make an idea about this show. Maybe I am an unrealistic optimistic and see what I want to see. I want KSY to be the lead because this way she will have screen time and important role in the story, but it is not just a wishful thinking. If the prosecutor is the lead It could bring the story forward. No matter what happens I will watch this show. I want to see a good story and a proper development for all the important characters. 

Except for a little bias, I try to explane why I think KSY is the lead female.

1. It is not a first time when the leads are not a couple or they did not end up together. This drama is not a romance. It`s a thriller, a mystery but will have parts of melodrama, action, maybe romance, light moments, who knows? I have a feeling that many viewers are waiting for romance no matter the genre of the movie. I fear that they will be disappointed for the lack of that in this drama but I am sure that there will be many beautiful moments that touch your heart.

2. Because this is not a rom com, why not make two strong character the leads? If one of them is a woman the better! I don`t care who gets the hero. Maybe in the end he will come back to In Hye and become a family, but the plot in this drama is not about that.

3. The synopsis are useless many times. It not give us many information about the story. It is all a speculation at this point.

4. KSY or PHS? They are both beautiful women. talented, but KSY is more experienced. She worked with writer So in a previous work and I don`t think it is a coincidence that she plays again in her drama.

5. I thought about why they put the detective in the love triangle in the first place. Maybe the writer needs to connect all the main cast on a personal level. In my opinion, the person who would spend the most part with the hero and would have more ties with the story is the heroine. At this point, the most logical choice is the lady prosecutor. She will find evidence of his innocence, she will try to help him. Tae-san will have lots of problems. She will be his ally, the connection with the outside world.  She will be a breath of fresh air for our hero.  She has authority, connection with the case. Together they will try to get down the baddy, the ”bid bad wolf”, they will have the same goal, they need each other. It will be their journey to find the truth. It will not be easy. I am sure in this tension, it will be light moments, empathy, father daughter moments, etc. but it will be difficult time for romance. I don`t see how the triangle with In Hye, detective, and Tae -san will work. It is not like he can meet her anytime or any place. He is on the run with the police, prosecutors and professional killer after him. The first place they look is the ex lover and the baby who is sick, so less space to move. A reunion of the happy family it could be possible in the end so, no need to make In Hye the first female lead for that.

A few thoughts about the show. I could be totally wrong so why won`t you watch it for yourself and see how it goes?! ;) 

@larus,Thanks so much for your reply and I definitely want KSY to make it as the first lead. Your opinions have been taken notes without doubt and seems like you're so much biased for KSY ;). Well, nothing wrong with that as I'm also a big fan of her myself and would absolutely watch the drama myself. It is true that PHS was a first lead in KBS drama not long ago, however, I don't see her as a first lead in this one, no offense to her or her fans. But, I seriously don't want KSY to be the second lead as it was enough to be so in previous dramas such as 'IRIS' , 'Gourmet', 'All About Eve'..etc. Therefore, I'm rotting for KSY Unnie for the first lead like you and waiting to the see her chemistry in the drama with LJK. Fighting :) 

You`re welcome. Yeah, I am biased, I admit :\"> but who isn`t? But, I tried to find objective reasons to demonstrate that I am right. It is nothing wrong to be the second lead. This time I am greedy. For my satisfaction (of course for KSY too) I want to see her in a lead role. You know, there are cases when a female lead is not that important to the story but it is better that she is the lead because she has more screen time than other characters. Unfortunately not many dramas have good female roles and many times I like secondary characters or secondary plots better than the main story/characters and become frustrated because of that. Too many cliches, repetitive stories, uninteresting characters. I really want that her next drama, Two Weeks, to be a success and her role to be a good one. I have excitement and  worries for this drama. I am curious if the protagonists will click well together. I don`t know what to say. They are both talented but they have different styles, different personalities, look, etc. I like challenges, it what makes the excitement bigger. The chemistry between actors is important but the story, direction, good acting is more important. We`ll see. Fighting!   

Guest bityxu

Thanks Minkie for the pics, u are so fast! haha :))
Some script reading big photos :P

iERPEQNKIGcoW.jpgibf7I5PqAo980f.jpgitM1zBzPD1NVs.jpgibugJyy1V0VzT.jpg

cr : KSY baidu bar

Hope to see our So Yeon's filming pics soon 8->

June 25, 2013
'Two Weeks' Holds First Script Reading with Lee Joon Gi and Park Ha Sun
CJ E&M enewsWorld Ko Hong Ju  Translation Credit : Erika Kim
MBC′s upcoming drama Two Weeks has started on its course with its first script reading session.
The session was held on June 10, with lead actors Lee Joon Gi, Park Ha Sun, Ryu Soo Young and Kim So Yeon.
22026829.jpg

Before delving into the script, Lee Joon Gi first said in a speech, "I′ll work hard with my seniors and juniors to make Two Weeks this year′s biggest piece."
Screenwriter So Hyun Kyung explained in detail the situations each actor′s role would be set in, while producer Son Hyung Seok gave his opinion on the actors′ tone and emotions.
Lee Joon Gi became Jang Tae San, a man who never thinks toward his future, and brought his staff near tears as he acted out the scene in which he learns he has a daughter and is framed for a crime.
39304002.jpg

Two Weeks is about how a man who is framed for murder learns he has a daughter suffering from leukemia and works hard for two weeks to save her. It will air its first episode on August.
Photo credit: MBC

Yeee! Finally we saw pictures of the first script reading. I recognized some actors but not all. Somebody knows the actor who is next to KSY on her right? And next to that actor is the director?

So Yeon looks good. :x Now we want filming pics.  rubie said:
June 25, 2013
'Two Weeks' Holds First Script Reading with Lee Joon Gi and Park Ha Sun
CJ E&M enewsWorld Ko Hong Ju  Translation Credit : Erika Kim