• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jessyjess

vanity3.jpg

vanity4.jpg

vanity7.jpg

Yea I honestly can't still picture him as Edward from these pictures until.....

robertpattinson05.jpg

Someone posted this picture and so now I guess I can slowly accept the fact that he'll be playing him.

Guest j1youngxj3

^i think he does look like a vampire...in a way...his eyes are definitely vampire material..they're so mystical and "Oh...Bella..come to me..." HAHAHAHA....i don't know..i think i'm the only one who supports rob being edward...i mean...he might not be the best choice...*Gaspard Ulliel*...but what can we do? summit's picked rob as edward and we just have to hope that he can pull off being edward..and i think he's really compatible with our bella too...they seem like a good match...hanabi...those are some nice pictures of rob...i was looking for some nice ones to post up on google..but they were really tiny compared to the ones you posted up..

Guest jessyjess

^i think he does look like a vampire...in a way...his eyes are definitely vampire material..they're so mystical and "Oh...Bella..come to me..." HAHAHAHA....i don't know..i think i'm the only one who supports rob being edward...i mean...he might not be the best choice...*Gaspard Ulliel*...but what can we do? summit's picked rob as edward and we just have to hope that he can pull off being edward..and i think he's really compatible with our bella too...they seem like a good match...hanabi...those are some nice pictures of rob...i was looking for some nice ones to post up on google..but they were really tiny compared to the ones you posted up..

You're not the only one who thinks he'll be good as Edward. Most of the fans on LJ are rooting for him. I think the reason as to why I don't like him is because I HATED HIM AS Cedric! He looked like such playboy as Cedric.

I personally thing Colton Haynes (who auditioned) should have been casted as him.

colton-1.jpg

HOW SEXY IS THAT?!

Summit Entertainment announced today that Robert Pattinson joins the cast of Twilight as Edward. See the full press release at www.stepheniemeyer.com.

I'm sorry the original post here was so terse! I got the call that I was allowed to post the news literally two minutes before I had to leave for an appointment. I just got home and I've been reading through some of the commentary around the fandom about Robert Pattinson.

I want you to know that I am really very pleased about this choice. Robert hasn't been one of the popular fan choices whose faces pop up on my comments page all the time, so I'd never really thought about him in the role before. When I got the news, it took me a little while to consider it (like a lot of you, I was pretty attached to the first person I'd cast in my head as Edward, so I had to readjust for a minute). I looked at all the pictures I could find, finally got around to watching HP4 (which I own, but had never seen before), and I read through the script picturing Robert in the role.

By the time I was done with my research (writing: a line of work where you can legitimately call drooling over hot boys "research."), I was kind of shocked that I'd never considered Robert before. Aside from my dearest Henry, Robert is truly the first person I've pictured in the role who I think can pull it off. The boy just looks like a vampire.

Also, I hear very encouraging things from the people who watched his auditions. They've been at this for months now, you know, reading Edward hopefuls day after day. Robert knocked their socks off; once he read for the part, the search was over. In other good news, apparently there is excellent chemistry between Robert and Kristen (they have all the major actors read together to make sure they fit), his American accent is flawless, AND he's read all three novels!

So YAY! for Robert Pattinson!

Guest jessyjess

hanabi~~where did you get that quoted from stephenie? it doesn't seem to be on her website...? or is it..?? the websites taking so long to load..

Someone posted it on LJ. But yea, her website is sloooow since I think a lot of ppl wanted to read about the casting of Robert.

Guest j1youngxj3

hanabi~~where did you get that quoted from stephenie? it doesn't seem to be on her website...? or is it..?? the websites taking so long to load..

and i do have to say...colton haynes is pretty smexy...i wouldn't mind him being edward either..hahha

Guest smalllee

actually i think it's not a bad choice. just that i think he's not exactly very photogenic. initially i couldn't picture him as edward cause of those photos. i must admit those photos aren't that flattering. so i went to search and watch his videos and interview. hmmm i think he can somehow pull off as a vampire and more importantly, our beloved edward :) btw, he's quite cute as cedric. haha luckily i didn't watch HP4 if not i'll picture him as cedric more than edward.

Guest jessyjess

^^ sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't

I think it's his jaw that bothers me.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how the movie turns out. But if Stephanie is happy with Robert, I'll just have to accept him as Edward.

But as I was going through some pictures of him, I guess he's not SO bad as him.

Even before Gaspard Ulliel, I agreed with Stephanie Meyer that Henry Caville looked like a very good choice for Edward. GAWD, is he dreamy or what?! Sucks that he's older than Edward too though, but anyways, YAY! Robert Pattison! Why in the world did I not think about him? I hated his Cedric Diggory character, so prob. not the first person in my mind. I just really hope he can pull off "The Edward." lol. He's not a bad actor either, so I can't wait!

Now, I can't wait to hear who's going to play dear ol' Jacob. ^____^

Guest orange momo

I am pretty content with the casting so far although in my mind every time I thought of bella I always thought of Alexis Bledel ah~~~ ^^ but I hope the movie is awesome!!! I loved the books ( can't wait until next year when the new one comes out)

Guest 三日のモリっ&#

not really liking the idea of... robert pattison... T_T

idk how they chose the casts, no offense.

im kind of disappointed. T_T

gaspard... > _ <

Archived