Guest vicente

he kinda reminds me of tablo

maybe the lips/mouth.

or is it just me?

grac_3 ......Hahahaha it seems you not sure. :lol:

017jpg.jpg

credit dcinside

Guest liezle

for all of you philip fans out here, got this video in posoku's blog. i think this was during the event in osaka, japan for the twssg premium event.

click here to watch

original source : byjfan/cafe/piko

Guest yizhihenanjing

Hello friends. Nice to meet you. I'm Philip's fan from Vietnam

Thanks for alll of Philip's photos you've posted

However, there's not much his news in Vietnam, just old news since Feb 2008 and I have to explore Korean and Thai sites to obtain news although I can't understand the least word. I 've used google's laguage tool, but its translation is not very helpful, so I have to make a guess all the time and I'm not sure if they're right. Hence, there're some news I hope you can help me to check.

First, Philip've appeared on Men'health Magazine, when did he do that? in June, May or April?

Second, What is he doing at the moment? Is he travelling for relaxation, starring in TV advertisement, taking photo for magazine or intend to play in a movie? I, as well as Vietnamese fans, am crazy about finding his news :((. I don't think K star entertainment have done good work. Even Philip's official site is really awful and his news seem to be restricted to Korea.

Third, what happened in the clip and some pics I 've watched? He was kissing a girl, wasn't he? Was it a joke? Or was it just an activity in a game show? Why?

49346674uq3.jpg

49346674uq3.8e8b4d4ab7.jpg

Forth, I want to check the news posted on Dcinside, which I'm not quite sure about( you know, Google translating tool is not very good). I think you know the news. According to that site, Philip is in Phukhet now to take photo for a magazine. Is it right? Besides, on Dcinside, there 's an evaluating table called " Korean popstars 24 people- the latest card" , which was posted on 24/6/2008 . I 've seen Philip 's name on that list, he don't gain much points. I wonder if you know about this evaluating table? what is its categories? I think you may know if you are Korean.

24in1.jpg

Fifth, according to Dcinside again, I don't make sense much of their news and comment, but there seems to be a Book or something lịke that of Philip called " PHilip Taiwan Special Edition". What 's it? What 's it about?

Finally, do you happen to have any clips of Philip at MBC award or Baeksang ? I 've tried to search on youtube but the result just showed "Bae Yong Joon", " Lee Ji Ah", "Gong Joo" ...., nothing mentioned Philip :(. If you do, would you mind to post it on youtube so that I can download them? I don't know Korean language, so it's hard for me to search for them on Korean sites. Thank you in advance

I'm sorry if my requests and too many questions 've irritated or disturbed you. However, I beg you for the reply :(. I would be much obliged to you.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

My e-mail is naithieunang@yahoo.com. You can reply here or to my e-mail. Hope Philip's fans wil help me :).

Guest liezle

this is a rather long interview with the 4 gods of twssg, moon sori and pd kim jong hak. i'm just shoving here part of lee philip's interview. if you guys want to read the whole article just click here.

[Trans] TWSSG... 6 interviews

original in japanese: Josei Jishin 6-24-08 p.70-72

translated into english: a sweet sister / bb's blog [liezle : thanks!]

TWSSG 6 Interviews

Lee Philip,

“I Received 2 Lenses from YJ for Birthday at Gorilla”

“That mask was created to fit my face, so there is only one like it in the world. It is very heavy because it is made of iron (laughs).

On top of that my vision was obstructed and I was almost blind. It was very scary filming the scene riding a horse and swinging a sword.”

Reflecting back on the location filming was one of the four gods, Lee Philip, who played, the blue dragon, Cheoro.

He laughs saying that when he first saw himself wearing the mask, he looked like Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lamb but such a sweet face lay hidden behind the mask.

He was raised in the US and for the Washington University graduate, this project is his first attempt as an actor. His original short hair was also grown out for the role.

He says that the drama’s lead, Yonsama, is a wonderful role model as an actor and as a person.

“He is always showing concern about me. I learn so much from him just by watching him go about his daily activities, and seeing how he shows concern for other people. He is a senior whom I respect and he is really like an older brother to me.”

Even after the crank-up, the two have continued their exchanges, saying that they often go drinking together.

“To enjoy alcohol, I think the ambience is important. Depending on whom you go with, I think the flavors change, but drinking alcohol with YJ is exceptional. We talk about personal matters but because neither of us have girlfriends, we do not talk about women.

What type of woman do I like? The number one thing is that she should have a good personality. What about a much older woman? It depends (laughs).”

On Philip’s birthday, May 26, he said that they celebrated it by reserving the second floor of Gorilla.

“About 30 people gathered including Oh Kwon Rok, Park Sung Woon and others for my party. I received two Canon lenses as a gift from YJ. I also like photography.”

He said this in closing with a smile. "I am happy for the interest that everyone has shown in TWSSG. Please continue to show your support. I will do my best!”

'The face behind the mask' was sincere to the end!

omit...

p.s. it was reported that Philip was seen in Manhattan, New York last week with his mom who's buying a blouse in Chanel store.

he's currently not doing any drama but he said that he's busy with CFs.

Guest vicente

Hello friends. Nice to meet you. I'm Philip's fan from Vietnam

Thanks for alll of Philip's photos you've posted

Hello ....yizhihenanjing....Nice to meet you as well.

I to know Philip lee a bit , I'm not sure for answer. :sweatingbullets:

1. I don’t know he start making, but this magazine

will be sell on July.

2. I think he has about pizza CF, car CF and he is model on

magazine now.

3. Yeah I see this clip, I think it some scene of CF I’m

Not sure may be pizza CF.

4. I can not translate hehehe , can not guess too.

5. I don’t know as well.

Last….For clips of Philip at MBC award or Baeksang, me too , I no see Philip's clip.

But see Philip’s picture in event only.

lee21.jpg

lee24.jpg

lee23.jpg

lee18.jpg

credit dcinside

liezle.....Thank you for posted interviews with us. :rolleyes:

Guest yizhihenanjing

Thanks Vicente, however, it's my luck that all the questions hve been answered by Taquilla-a big fan of Philip on Popcorn ( a Thai site ).

Vietnamese fans 've seen all his latest news , photos and clips . Now, we 're greatly depressed that there isn't news any more . So boring !!!! :(. What is he doing ?? :(. :( . After his appearance in Men's health and Domino CF2, we can't find any other things about him :(. Miss him so much :((

We all hate K-star entertainment company. they don't seem to know how to promote his reputation. Even his official website is awful with old news and just a few old photos !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest liezle

hi everyone!

llet me share with you another interview of lee philip when he was in japan. i've only posted the part of philip's interview. but if you want to read the whole part 1/2 which includes lee ji ah's interview you may click here.

this article was translated by cloudnine and shared by bb on her blog. thank you so much again guys! we know that translating an article is not that easy especially when it's a long one.

[Trans] the bond betw YJ & the gods 1/2

original in japanese: AERA 2008/07/14

scanned & posted by: miemi / byjgallery

translated into english: cloudnine / bb's blog

The Bond between BYJ and ‘Four Gods’

Inside Story Revealed by the Co-stars of TWSSG

aera1kz9.jpg aera2jo6.jpg

aera3tq4.jpg aera4so2.jpg

Through almost two years of shooting, I hear that they have become 'comrades'. In the drama, the ‘Four Gods’ protected the leading character played by BYJ. Just like their roles in the drama, while radiating the strong personality of her or his own, each one has deepened the bond.

Interviewer: Rumi Hayashi

“It is actually very difficult for the co-stars to become close to each other through a (piece of) work.“

This is what BYJ (35) said while he was in Japan. A highly competitive Korean entertainment world, where one’s ability is stringently examined. This remark must reflect his true feeling coming from his own experience of having played the leading roles for fourteen years since his debut.

For BYJ, the leading actor of the drama TWSSG which took about two years of shooting, it has become a special piece of work in that sense.

“ “Through this work, I feel like I've got real younger brothers, younger sisters, and an elder brother. From this aspect, the shooting was a lot of fun.”

The story of the drama is that Damdeok , a king of Koguryo, through the fateful encounters with the reincarnations of four gods, getting over the difficulties, grew to be a real king. How Damdeok would build the bond with four gods is one of the highlights of the drama.

<omitted lee ji ah's part>

American businessman-turned-actor

cheororm1.jpg

Among the 'Four Gods', the appearance of another great new face got into the news. It is Lee Philip (27) who played Cheoro, the reincarnation of blue dragon. He first appeared wearing a stern mask. When the mask came off from his head, there was a handsome young man with long hair, which excited female viewers in Korea and he was overwhelmed with interviews and commercial endorsement offers.

Philip also stood in front of the camera for the first time. He is second generation Korean-American. After graduating from Boston College, he has a unique career as a businessman who specialized in IT management in graduate school of George Washington University. PD Kim selected a new face because he didn’t want to give mysterious Cheoro a stereotype image.

“Becoming an actor has been my dream since my childhood. I ventured to turn to an actor because I thought I could go into business later on and then my whole life has changed. Through the drama I learned Korean culture and history, which was very good. “

With twinkling slit eyes, he speaks in a deep voice. He is fresh and polite.

“Though Cheoro was unable to fulfill his love, he kept an eye on his love silently and I was attracted by this. After fully understanding the concept of my role, I studied how I should express it with subtle movement of my eyes."

In the latter part of the drama, his sad love inspires viewers’ emotion.

“Cheoro and I are similar in that we are single-hearted (bb: i suspect the writer is trying to say he's got an one-track mind and very focussed on one thing at a time...?) To a woman, however, I think he is just one-sided." (laughs)

When the shooting first began, he was not fluent in Korean and often got confused and it was BYJ who helped him.

“I learned from him not only an attitude towards acting, but also a lot of techniques. At first I had no idea which part of myself, my face or my whole body, was being filmed. So he taught me steadily from the very beginning, on how I should do to look good or what I was requested to do. He is gentle like a real brother. “

While they were in Japan, he constantly stayed close to BYJ, who hadn’t recovered from his leg injury and (Philip) extended a helping hand to him.

BYJ celebrated Philip’s birthday on May 26 at his restaurant. The rest of the 'Four Gods', Oh Kwong Rok, Park Sung Won were also there and they drank till the next morning. Those four are really good friends even now.

“While shooting, I was able to go through numerous experience, but the biggest pleasure was that I could meet all those seniors and build such a relationship as a family.“

Asked about the highlight of the drama, however, he answered as follows:

“It is the scene that I appear. (laughs) I became confident by appearing in a work that expands to Asia. There are lots of actors who are handsomer than I am, so I would like to be an actor who can act with his inner feelings without depending on his looks.”

Guest yizhihenanjing

I, as well as all Philip's Vietnamese fans, thank you for your hard work . We hope that there will be more articles about him in the near future and you will help us . We're much obliged to you :)

Guest anne0129

omg i loved this guy in TWSSG haha. he's hella cute and i love how hes silent and when he talks its deep and sexxxy.

yeah he kinda looks like kim tae hee but i think he hella looks like that one secretary girl from the drama my girl. uhhh i dont remember her name. but yeah when i first laid my eyes on him, she came straight to my head first.

Hi! I'm new here and I just finished watching The Legend and what you actually said him looking like the secretary in My Girl, she was the first person that popped in my head when I saw him.....I actually love this series, this was my first historical K drama and it hooked me. I just found it very interesting, of course it made it more special when Lee Phillip's character came out. LOVE HIM. Hope to see him soon in another project. Hope he gets to work with my fave K actress Lee Da Hae (they're in the same management company) Don't hate me for that please. :unsure:

Archived