dr25

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From GW Commencement 2005:

Commencement a Family Affair

Four Members of Lee Family Receive Degrees at

GW Commencement on the Ellipse

One family had a lot to cheer for on May 22 at The George Washington University Commencement on the Ellipse. Four members of the Lee family will receive degrees at this year's ceremony. It is believed to be the first time in the University's 184-year history that four members of the same family have graduated together.

Simon Lee, daughter Julie Lee, and son Philip Lee will each earn an M.S. in systems engineering from the GW School of Engineering and Applied Science. Daughter Michelle Lee will receive a B.B.A. from the GW School of Business.

Simon Lee emigrated to the United States from South Korea in 1979 with his wife, Anna, and daughter Julie. Seeking the American Dream, Lee risked his family's limited resources to follow his entrepreneurial spirit and was able to turn his vision of success into reality. In 1986, he founded STG, Inc., a provider of information technology support services to government and industry. Lee has built STG into the largest Asian American-owned systems integrator in the United States, with more than 1,300 employees operating in more than 250 locations around the globe.

In appreciation of a generous gift from the Lee family, GW's School of Engineering and Applied Science renamed its dean's office the "Simon and Anna Lee Dean's Suite" in April 2005. "The Lee family story is one of hard work, personal sacrifice, and intellectual curiosity," said GW President Stephen Joel Trachtenberg at the suite's dedication ceremony. "As we move forward, from strength to strength, both the University and the Lee family, may we always succeed and walk together, shoulder to shoulder."

"Many great people have graduated from this University and made a great impact on the world," Simon Lee said at the dedication. "I hope that I, and my family, can continue that tradition."

Education has always been considered vital in the Lee household. From a very young age Simon Lee impressed upon his children that a bachelor's degree is not enough; they should also obtain a master's degree. "As my father has said, 'No one is ever too old to learn and no one is ever too young to teach,'" remarked Julie Lee at the dedication of the Simon and Anna Lee Dean's Suite.

The Korean Broadcasting System recently recognized Simon Lee with the Overseas Korean Award, the most prestigious honor the Korean government can bestow upon a Korean-born individual. The Overseas Korean Award is given annually to the most prominent overseas Koreans to recognize their life-long contributions to the Korean national image and pride. This year, Lee was one of only five recipients worldwide. Lee also was the recipient of the Ellis Island Medal of Honor in 2003, and was named the U.S. Small Business Administration's Small Business Person of the Year in 1998.

02leefamily.jpg03leefamily.jpg

Guest sweetharmony

ohhh

he looks okay

but kind of girly

ahahaha

was this drama his debut?

because i never saw him before

Thanks for sharing!

ohhh

he looks okay

but kind of girly

ahahaha

was this drama his debut?

because i never saw him before

Thanks for sharing!

well he is a piece of eye candy for the most of us fangirls<33

yep 'tae wang sa shin gi' is philip's debut drama

hey tequila

i love those calender photos of philip<3<3<3

is that a real calender?? i would absolutely get it heh

Guest jojijunjy

He is stunningly good looking and tall! I would literally stop dead in my tracks and stare with my mouth agape if I saw him in person, even if I didn't know who he is. It's because of his feminine features that makes him stand out. If he was a girl he would not be so remarkable, but since he's not, wow, he is striking.

I still find him very manly, especially in armour wielding a spear as the Blue Dragon character in TWSSG. I ended up liking the drama much more because of him.

Hope I have a chance to bump into him in Washington DC or Korea in the future.

Guest tequila

well he is a piece of eye candy for the most of us fangirls<33

yep 'tae wang sa shin gi' is philip's debut drama

hey tequila

i love those calender photos of philip<3<3<3

is that a real calender?? i would absolutely get it heh

thanks for loving those calender...

No, they are not arginal ones, but i made it myself.

Actually you can print them out.

Guest taewneka

thanks dear... :):)

i like all.. :w00t:

I am so grateful that I found this thread about him. You guys are cool. It was so hard finding infos about him. I dont speak Korean so Soompi forum is really awesome for havnig this thread.

I have been looking for more infos about him since I saw him in Legend. His character there is kinda dark and brooding and he did not speak much but he still managed to have that arresting on screen presence. Thanks.

can i really print them out?

yay~~ now i can spazz over him like the fangirl i am hehe =D

thx~~

I am so grateful that I found this thread about him. You guys are cool. It was so hard finding infos about him. I dont speak Korean so Soompi forum is really awesome for havnig this thread.

I have been looking for more infos about him since I saw him in Legend. His character there is kinda dark and brooding and he did not speak much but he still managed to have that arresting on screen presence. Thanks.

hi PunkGeisha =D welcome to the thread ^^

well on the first page, you can see the profile info of Philip oppa

is there anything else that you want to know about him?

Guest MiNwOoZ_sOuLmAtE

he definitely caught my attention at the mbc drama awards

at first i thought he was a girl because the camera only showed his face

but when he stood up to help byj, i was like dang, he's tall!

he's so manly to me now, and i don't think he looks pretty at all, handsome is more like it

now i want to watch legend haha

i can't wait to see him in other projects

hopefully he'll have more lines so i can hear his sexy low voice

at least that's the impression im getting from reading these posts

can i really print them out?

yay~~ now i can spazz over him like the fangirl i am hehe =D

thx~~

hi PunkGeisha =D welcome to the thread ^^

well on the first page, you can see the profile info of Philip oppa

is there anything else that you want to know about him?

Thank you ! Well of course I really know whats going on with him after Legend. Is he gonna come up soon with a movie? and I wish I can read his page in Star K in English and hear him speak in English! Im not much for fan clubs, but if hes got one, I'm all for signing up!

Guest KireinaGai

posted by Liezle on the 5th in TWSSG thread and I thought I'd share it with everybody here.

Lee Philip:

Cheoro was Once a Role without Lines

original in chinese: Innolife 2008/01/05

translated into english: happiebb / bb's blog

pljh6.jpg

Lee Philip said that the character of Cheoro in TWSSG was originally a role without lines at all.

During a recent interview, Lee Philip has said, "Actually, Cheoro was originally a role without any lines at all. Director Kim Jong Hak had described that character to me like that, so I decided to accept the role.

When I had first met with PD Kim, I still didn't know how to speak Korean. Perhaps it's because of this, he had designed the role of Cheoro as one without lines. Initially, he didn't describe what kind of role Cheoro was, he merely said, 'Let's work hard together.'

When filming had started, he realised that I was able to speak Korean rather well by then, so he added lines for me."

In addition, Lee Philip also said, "It's purely because I really like performing, that's why I had left my career in the States to return to Korea."

I'm really glad that he spoke a little bit in TWSSG, I adored his part in the drama. I got my sister into the drama and she simply fell head over heels in love with Philip in the drama. She just loves the quiet guys who seldom speak; and he has such a nice, rich speaking voice, too. Everytime I mentioned him she'd jump up from the couch and spazz over him XD

I'd love to see him in future projects.

*newtothethreadahem*

Archived