[DRAMA JAPAN 2008] 薔薇のない花屋 Bara No Nai Hanaya

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest asianrice

^I even think it's the best show in recent years. It has a real oldies feel which got me into j-dramas in the first place. The plot gets better and better by the episode.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This show is absolutely great! (sounds like Tony The Tiger...)

I was so surprised when I realized that she may not be blind because her acting, as a blind person, was fantastic. Then, when it was revealed that she wasn't blind, I was even more impressed by the way she switches back and forth between seeing and blind. Her character also switches back and forth, too. In reality, she's playing two different characters at the same time.

And, the rest of the cast are also superb; especially the little girl and Shota. The story is mysterious and intriguing.

There's no complaint with this drama.

Actually, it was pretty obvious she's not blind even in the first episode. When she walked into her room. The first thing she did was turn on the light. Do blind people really need light? If she was blind, she would take off her shoes and coat first etc before reaching for the light, that's if she even needed it. She can't see :P

Right now, I'm d/l ep 3 and 4 so I'm still looking forward to this drama. I still wondering why the doctor is taking revenge on Shiomi Eiji. I think his daughter is Shiomi Eiji's old lover.. that's why I'm thinking he's taking revenge on him because of her death.

Guest 三日のモリっ&#

im very much in love with this drama <33

the cast is great & the story has much depth and intensity to it.

the daughter is really cute =D

Right now, I'm d/l ep 3 and 4 so I'm still looking forward to this drama. I still wondering why the doctor is taking revenge on Shiomi Eiji. I think his daughter is Shiomi Eiji's old lover.. that's why I'm thinking he's taking revenge on him because of her death.

ewww hehehe that guy is old enough to be her dad. He's like 50-60's and she's only around 20ish.

ahh okay I misread. I thought she said the doctor was the dead girl's old flame. I was like eh?

well, actually it turns out that the doctor is the father of Eiji's old lover(Shizuku's mother)

Naoya's character is still very unkown. I wonder how he got himself into the plan of the doctor's idea(I'm sure it'll explain later in the storyline).

tis dorama is really GOOD! in fact, i feel its the best among all the doramas tat had jus finished or r currently airing so far.

i've watched up to epi 7 n the way it ended is actually quite unexpected. will b looking forward to the next one. :) anybody has any idea wat was the ending theme song? cant wait to find out(dont read tis spoiler if u havent watch ep 7!)

who exactly is Shizuku's real father..

Guest alcyone

what happened in ep7???? gah...i just watched up to ep 6!!!!

btw..the ending song..i'm pretty sure it's by Moriyama Naotaro, but...have no idea the title is...hehehehe but the OST is up on d-addicts for quite some time

Guest strawberrynkiwi

^^ OMG I KNOW. I just finished watching episode 6 last night and I accidentally read the spoilers for episode 7.

Like, why would the scriptwriters do this to us?! I have to wait for subs :(

This would be the best drama to watch in like one day.

If you watch episode 8 listen carefully at the spoiler for episode 9, you'll hear Mio say 'Goodbye Florist' that line alone has me climbing the walls waiting for the new episode. (Side note: I'm still waiting for her to actually call him Eiji. They should be well passed that formal stage in their relationship.) - I should add if you make it that far ... a lot of stuff happens in that episode, so you might want to have a defibrillator standing by.

Whoever wrote this show needs to be arrested. Damn show is like crack, it should be illegal...it's that DAMN good.

well, semi-fly, same here. the preview of ep 9 looks intriguing, esp the last scene. Mio actually calls Eiji 'Mr Florist' n not by his name, is becos Eiji did mention he likes pple to address him in tis way.. as it givs him comfort hearing tat. i think Eiji feels he cannot b not considered a good person due to his dark hidden pasts... so by being called a 'florist', it probably makes him feel better, since pple normally associate florists w nice persons.

ya n if u think ep 6 is good, wait till u've watched eps 7 n 8! the classroom scene in ep 8 is quite touching n the suspense at the end of everything jus leaves u w more questions!

- edit -

btw, they have a short skit in SMAP x SMAP: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zxTpmnn99_E

Kusanagi Tsuyoshi as Eiji, Inagaki Goro as Shizuku-chan, and Katori Shingo as CHIRORU the puppy?!!

haha tis is hilarious. :lol: they always manage to come up w funny skits like tis.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SilenceAngel

I love this drama. It is so good. Yuko Takeuchi is so cute. Her smile can brighten up a dark sky.

Hopefully, this drama can win the best drama of the year award.

Guest Death Note

Man the end of the Episode 7 was shocking!!!!! TMTH!!! (ha)I can't wait for Episode 8 to be subbed D: D: D:

Archived