Title: 薔薇のない花屋

Title (romaji): Bara no nai Hanaya

Format: Renzoku

Genre: Human drama, romance

Broadcast network: Fuji TV

Broadcast period: 2008-Jan to 2008-Mar

Air time: Monday 21:00

Synopsis

"Bara no nai Hanaya" tells the story of Shiomi Eiji, the manager of a small flower shop. His wife has passed away, leaving him to raise their daughter Shizuku on his own. The drama depicts their various interactions with the people around them.

Cast

Katori Shingo as Shiomi Eiji

Takeuchi Yuko as Shiroto Mio

Shaku Yumiko as Ono Yuki

Matsuda Shota as Kudo Naoya

Terajima Susumu as Shijo Kengo

Ikeuchi Junko as Hishida Keiko

Miura Tomokazu as Anzai Teruo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to say YAY a drama with Shota but the plot sounds like such a drag. Pictures?

Hope that Shota at least has good hair in this one, finally.

• 1 month later...
Guest jade_frost

This maybe in Fuji TV's golden Monday slot but it sounds horribly dull.

Official website: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/rose/index.html

The press conference for the drama was held on 18 December at Fuji TV's bay studio at Seikai, Tokyo, and attended by Katori Shingo, Takeuchi Yuko and the rest of the main cast. The scriptwriter for Bara No Nai Hanaya is Nojima Shinji, who was also responsible for the scripts for Pride, Koukou Kyoshi, Hitotsu Yane no Shita, Aikurushi, Strawberry on the Shortcake, Golden Bowl, etc. Bara No Nai Hanaya is a human love story that revolves around Shiomi Eiji, a flower shop owner who is single-handedly raising his 8-year-old daughter, and Shiroto Mio, a blind woman, illustrating various types of love - between siblings, parent and child, neighbours.

The drama will start airing on Mondays from 14 January 2008, 9:00 - 9:54.

Guest jade_frost

I'm really looking forward to this drama.. since Matsuda Shota is in it. Has the role for the daughter, Shizuku been casted yet? or what's her character going to be like? j/w.

Shizuku is played by Yagi Yuki. She didn't appear during the press conference. Character information seems scanty at the moment.

Guest jade_frost

Episode 1 Synopsis

Eiji raises his 8-year-old daughter, Shizuku, while running a flower shop. Lately, he's been bothered that Shizuku has, for some reason, started wearing a hood. One rainy day, he meets Mio, a blind woman who is seeking shelter from the rain, in front of his shop. Eiji's heart is moved by her forthright words. Mio comes again some days later and hits it off well with Shizuku. Meanwhile, the doctor Anzai starts monitoring Eiji secretly.

Source: Shukan The Television

Oooh...I wonder if anything romantic would develop between Shingo and Takeuchi's characters! And I am secretly hoping that Takeuchi Yuko would go on SxS...so I can finally see her and Kimura together on screen again! LOL

Guest Death Note

OMG, I must see this. Shingo Katori is the mini cooper :D. And Shota Masuda is also a great actor....ah I can't wait for this to come out.

Guest Maia-chan

I'm looking forward to this drama, does anyone knows if some group will be subbing this?

I heard that Love Song is subbing this one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jade_frost

From Japan Times:

SMAP band member Shingo Katori, whose last TV drama job was playing a monkey, gets to be more than human in the new series "Bara no Nai Hanaya (A Florist Without Roses)" (Fuji, Monday, 9 p.m.). Katori plays Eiji, a young widower with an 8-year-old daughter, Shizuku. He saves his money for years to fulfill his dream, which is to open a flower shop.

In the opening episode, the various characters who will change Eiji's and Shizuku's lives are introduced.

A blind woman named Miou (Yuko Takeuchi) waits out a rain shower under the awning in front of Eiji's shop, and he invites her in for a cup of tea. Shizuku's teacher, Yuki (Yumiko Shaku), comes by to tell Eiji that his daughter is very popular in class, which surprises Eiji since Shizuku is very shy and tends to always hide her face. What Eiji doesn't know is that his middle-aged neighbor, Keiko, has told Shizuku the truth of her mother's death. However, the most important new friend that Eiji makes is Kudo, a host at a nightclub where Eiji delivers flowers.

Guest vanggirlie

yuko takeuchi looks pretty in this drama. i can't seem to see shingo in any kind of serious role. to me he always has a comedic image. newho, i want to see this drama. i would totally appreciate it if someone was willing to sub this drama. i'd still watch it without subs tho.

Archived