[drama 2009] The Return Of Iljimae 돌아온 일지매

Guest cutiepie

Guest KiBUm_Love

interesting

i freaking love illwoo oppa

this should be interesting -0- my mom watches the iljimae right now and it looks boring

Guest blissfully_unaware13x

hmmm I did know this series was going to based on the Korean comic book, but can anyone tell me how much the story really differs? Anyone know?

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: HanCinema

Via: My Daily 2008-07-12 09:37:09

The secret of being number 1 casting star

200807120929161112_1.jpg

Before being officially casted for a drama there are many compromises and processes to follow. Although there might be a star that the producing staff wants it doesn't mean they will get the star. The star may be "perfect" for the role, but we in fact the star who took on this lead role is actually the 3rd or 4th actor/actress approached.

Most recently, "Iljimae" for MBC was known to have Lee Seung-ki as the main character replaced by Jeong Il-woo. Lee Seung-ki could not give up the hit show, "1 Night 2 Days". That is true, but the staff thought that Jeong Il-woo had a longer experience in acting and would be more reliable to take the lead role since he has no other shows to worry about.

200807120929161112_2.jpg

Yoon Eun-hyehae from MBC "Coffee Prince" also replaced Kim Ah-joong, who was first casted. Kim Ah-joong, well known for her commercial films and the popular movie "200 Pounds Beauty" did not want to cut her long hair for the role because of many CFs that were in her schedule.

In addition, Joo Ji-hoon was casted for KBS "Hong Gil Dong" first but was replaced by Kang Ji-hwan Ji-hoon. If the staff were give same pay to Joo Ji-hoon and Kang Ji-hwan Ji-hoon, who would you cast? The staff chose the latter who recently had finished "Capital Scandal". So what are they implying?

And who was who's replacement? Did they do each other a favor?

The success of the dramas would determine that, don't you think?

200807120929161112_3.jpg

Guest koalabear07

i'm so confused...

they should have given the drama a different name....or are they trying to use the good ratings from "iljimae" now to their advantage...ummm i wonder!!! :blink:

Guest kdramafanusa

MBC "Iljimae" and SBS "Iljimae" are not the same although they have same title (based on the same character, but very different).

MBC won the copyright to the original comic books by Ko Woo-yeong, SBS did not (so they cannot use the contents from the comic books). It's just that SBS later planned their version & got it aired/released first. It's completely false to say that MBC tries to ride on the success of SBS's version.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SBS "Iljimae"

...A representation of the production company said, "Different from Ko Woo-yeong's Iljimae that has his stage in Southeast Asia, SBS Iljimae will have his stage within Korea, which will express the Korean sentiment in a better way"....Green Snake Media, the production company of SBS "Iljimae", gave up purchasing the copyright of Ko Woo-yeong's comic due to production costs, and are using an original story based on the story of a chivalrous robber. The setting is the Chosun era, and Iljimae is faced with breaking the rules of social status and the pursuit of reform.

MBC "Iljimae"

....MBC is remaking Ko Woo-yeong's famous comic "Iljimae".....If Lee Joon-ki's 'Iljimae' starts with the personal desire to avenge his family's death, Lee Seung-gi's 'Iljimae' shows decisive opposition for social discrimination and exploitation. As the original comic mixes fantasy, Lee Seung-gi acts as the hero that everyone wants more than staying faithful to a historical background.

Iljimae, who comes back from studying abroad, realizes the true situation of exploited Chosun, and becomes a chivalrous robber to help the people, and the producers will insert many episodes from the original.

The producing company, Jipi Workshop, of MBC "Iljimae" started producing after receiving the copyright after battling for it against Green Snake Media last February. They began filming in March, and the staff is looking around the whole nation to find a traditional house, a river, a cave, and mountains to set the stage for the drama.

extracted from http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...t&p=9937352

~~~~~~~~~~

Guest superjenny

AHHHHHHH

I didn't know this was confirmed x________x

But can't wait for Jung Il Woo<3 Atleast I won't be too lonely without LJK since if have him.

ahahaha.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: JoongAng Daily

Ko’s cartoons still a big draw

July 10, 2008

09211454.jpg

Artist Ko in his studio in the 1980s. Provided by the organizer

Many mourned when cartoonist Ko Woo-young passed away three years ago at the age of 67.

His works, however, remain in many people’s hearts.

The Arco Art Center in Daehangno, central Seoul, is holding a retrospective on the works of Ko, a representative comic artist of 1970s and 1980s Korea. “Ko Woo-young Comics: Never Ending Story,” opens next Wednesday.

“His works still have so much to reveal,” said Kwon Jin, the center’s communications manager.

The retrospective displays original works preserved by the family.

Artsists from other generations also offer new perspectives on Ko’s work.

For example, Kim Hong-jun, the director of “La Vie en Rose” (1994), remade Ko’s comedy film “Garujigi” (1988), which originally starred Lee Dae-geun and Kim Mun-hee. Garujigi is a story of commoners’ life and their pursuit of social reforms. It revolves around Byeon Kang-soe (Lee Dae-geum), the tough, macho sex symbol.

Collections of contemporary cartoon artists Joo Jae-hwan, Kang Kyung-ju and Yoon Dong-chun are also on display.

“Visitors are welcome to enjoy a wide range of genres ? paintings, sculptures, videos and installations ? that all relate to Ko’s comics,” Kwon said. “The late Ko’s works related to popular culture three decades ago and even today.”

09211514.jpg

Characters from Chohanji (1984)

Ko made his debut in 1953 with his 16-paged “Jwidori” (jwi means mouse in Korean), a Korean version of Disney’s Mickey Mouse.

He was the first to serialize a newspaper comic, “Imkukjung,” in Sports Daily in 1972, which increased the number of copies published.

His works, including “Suhoji” (1973), “Three Kingdoms” (1978) and “Iljime” (1975) are mainly satirical and critical of society.

The final episode of Suhoji was published in 2003. He started the comic in the early 1970s but publication was interrupted at times because the military regime had prohibited publishing and he had poor health.

“The exhibition tries to accept different artist’s work and their views,” Kwon said. “Different generations of artists have reinterpreted Ko’s work.”

09211526.jpg

Characters from Suhoji (1973)

On the second floor of Arko Art Center, there is a lounge where visitors can read Ko’s classic comics.

The retrospective runs until Sept. 12. It is open every day except Mondays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets are 2,000 won ($1.40) for adults and 1,000 won for students. Hyehwa Station, line No. 4, exit 2. For more information visit www.arkoartcenter.or.kr or call (02) 760-4724.

By Lee Eun-joo Staff Reporter [angie@joongang.co.kr]

~~~~~

1216605250912_1.jpg

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=344264

"Iljimae" PD Hwang In-roi and lead stars Jung Il-woo & Yoon Jin-seo attended "Ko Woo-young Comics: Never Ending Story" which is being held at The Arco Art Center in Daehangno, central Seoul

Guest superjunior88

so the confirmed air date is nxt year?

has filming began?

i just finished watching junki's iljimae and I really loved it.

Abit worried how this new one will fare,

coz ppl who have read the comics will roughly know what will happen in the drama..

wun tat kill a little surprise?

unlike junki's version, its original.

but i still like jung il woo, abit excited how he is going to look!!

will still look forward to this show nxt yr~~

Guest superjenny

so the confirmed air date is nxt year?

has filming began?

i just finished watching junki's iljimae and I really loved it.

Abit worried how this new one will fare,

coz ppl who have read the comics will roughly know what will happen in the drama..

wun tat kill a little surprise?

unlike junki's version, its original.

but i still like jung il woo, abit excited how he is going to look!!

will still look forward to this show nxt yr~~

but then again, there are a lot of dramas that were based on comics,

like full house, goong, coffee prince, etc etc and im pretty sure their ratings were pretty high? (:

anyways GAHHHHH i'm so excited for this.

i love junki and jung il woo <333 hopefully this one will be as good, or even better than the sbs one!

Guest avicenna

I can't wait for this one as well.....

LJK & HHJ were perfect for the parts & they are my fav. ( that's why I watched sbs Iljimae) ...but the ending was not as I expected....

Hopefully this one will have@ least a clear (non-open) ending...hopefully... I am soooo excited ....

I did not c any of jung il woo works...I'm waiting ....fighting MBC Iljimae ....bring us the best u could....

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: JavaBeans

Trading one regret for the other

August 2nd, 2008 // by javabeans

200808021718161118_1.jpg

MBCs Iljimae, formerly known as Lee Seung-gis Iljimae, has got its work cut out for it, following SBSs recent hit with Lee Junkis Iljimae. And that was even before Lee Seung-gi dropped out of the titular hero role in a move that had many disappointed with his replacement, teen heartthrob Jung Il-woo, who had shot to fame playing a rebellious, silently brooding teenager in the family sitcom Unstoppable High Kick.

He did follow that with a part opposite Lee Yeon-hee in the omnibus (multi-vignette) film My Love, but then Jung Il-woos star kinda sputtered and he faded from the limelight, so this news came while his popularity was on the wane.

On July 30, he resurfaced on his own homepage with a post titled Already been a year and talked about his upcoming Iljimae role.

Its already been a year since High Kick ended Since then, many projects have been canceled and Ive struggled and worried a lot, so I think its better to do a project and regret it than to not do a project and regret it.

which, actually, makes some sense.

Ill be seeing you possibly in November, or at the latest, January. Its true that there have been a lot of worries and discussion about it, but any project is bound to have burdens and concerns. Ive taken a break for a long while, and Ill come back that much more grown-up and mature.

Im not all that excited about seeing Jung Il-woo as Iljimae, but Ive gotta give him props for recognizing (and admitting) that the dramas got a rocky road ahead of it. Some might say its better to not admit your faults lest you draw attention to them, but Im pretty sure everyone was aware of theirs. Plus, its worse when people brag about disasters in the making as though they live in some alternate-reality bubble, willfully ignoring the opinions of the public they hope to attract.

MBCs Iljimae is scheduled (for now) to begin in November, and co-stars Kim Min-jong (Woman of Matchless Beauty Park Jung-geum, Hyena) and new actress Yoon Jin-seo.

Via My Daily

• 1 month later...
Guest mandalaywith

hi

kim Min Jong Brother is finally He come back in drama.

He join to MBC "Il ji mae" drama.

Today Our korean Fanclub in Kim Min Jong "Il ji mae" shooting pics is come.

69449.jpg

credit-Skylove(minjong.co.kr)

He play character is Iljimae Supporter "Ku Char Myung"

He play character pics here

545re.jpg

I'm sad.he is not Main actor.ㅠㅠㅠ :tears:

But i support to kim Min Jong.

kim Min Jong Fighting.~! :blush:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest always4ilwoo

I'm sooooo happy that i'll see jung il woo in his latest drama; Iljimae :w00t:

I'm so curious about his role in this drama..

I hope people wouldn't think that Iljimae MBC is just another saeguk drama who used Iljimae SBS popularity..

This Iljimae drama version is the real one (based on comic)..

No matter what, i'll keep waiting for this drama..

Jung Il Woo Ssi FIGHTING! You're da best!

I know you could play the role of Iljimae..Just like Lee Jun Ki who could play the role of Iljimae nicely..

Archived