[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

O-cha- Someone could be evil enough and give us a fake summary. :lol:

Oh

I don't think the director forgot about that darn nose bleed... it will come back, I believe the doctor he swindled will come back with a purpose.

I'll start posting in a little bit about today's sequence - believe it or not -

I've got some work to do at the office - lots of it -

and i'm casually trying to muddle through - while refreshing the pages.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imogene_af

I'll start posting in a little bit about today's sequence - believe it or not -

I've got some work to do at the office - lots of it -

and i'm casually trying to muddle through - while refreshing the pages.

We're such dedicated workers.

Much appreciated, canyayasis. Haha.

We have a 24-hour-capable canyayasis and hjkomo in here.. :D..you guys are going to and forth, watching 2 dramas at the same time, and still are able to write so much about them at the same time. Crazy :crazy:

nywayz, thank you so much for the spoilers and stuff..

I have nothing much to contribute except for....

EP 10 Caps

8fcdc101d5.jpg

Download individual caps here: http://www.91files.com/?L18LWB6JYXOZEGWFNPQ2

Ep 10 Streaming links here:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=317845747

credits: baidu/ leedahae.fensi.com

ww2000hyuk : thanks for posting the gifs.

puela : thanks for the Shinhwa links.

imogene_af : hahahaha...now who would be so mischevious giving us false summary? ^_^ I think you know someone who could be that mischevious hehehe. I have been wondering about the doctor...in a past article I read that she is supposed to show up in 3 episodes...there's only 6 episodes left... so she probably would be in there somewhere.

Dang it..only 6 more episodes left to go. Fearing Robbers withdrawal approaching...

Here's a pre post - to tell you i'm typing below as much of a summary as I am able -

remember hjkomo is your go to for dialogue -

I can give scene sequence with partial dialogue based on minimal mastery of the language and MOSTLY body language.

I'll Get started - I'll type it out in word and cut and paste

- so as not to trigger the flood control that shut down of posts

-after you've spent 30 minutes typing something.

I'll Get started - I'll type it out in word and cut and paste

- so as not to trigger the flood control that shut down of posts

-after you've spent 30 minutes typing something.

Don't forget to use Notepad and save regularly! Don't let the thread demons make their mischief!

Imogene, were you thinking of the original Dr. Who series or the recent remake?

I found the episodes on doldu's clubbox this morning, but clubbox was going freaky on me again. :angry: So, I couldn't start my dl before I had to go to work. :(

The gremlins must have had another population explosion. How long has it been since Gremlins 3? And WHO POURED WATER ON GIZMO???!!!!!

Guest imogene_af

:lol: At Gremlins ruining Clubbox. Sooo shall I watch the streaming at work? :lol:

Thanks Jo for the caps. Oh wow... so they kiss again?

I'm talking about the 1979 version. The one shown at PBS on reruns. Curly hair, the scarf... of course Jang Hyuk's like hawter than anythang but the HAIR! the HAIR!

_479268_tom_baker.jpg

Robbers91.jpg

o-cha- 6 episodes! Ohnoz! I am going to get MAJOR withdrawals but A LOT can happen in 2 episodes, from what I see with the pattern with this drama.

ahaaaa...I see canyayasis posting..yipee!

ripgal : thanks for the caps for episode 10...they sure kiss a lot..lol. Even if they weren't chummy before....they surely are now lol..let's see... 4 kisses in 10 episodes? granted the kiss didn't even start until what..episode 5? Not to mention the NGs...

imogene_af : hahahahahaha..omg that does look like Oh Joon's style..curly hair, scarf, heck if that guy wears a beret..that is exactly Oh Joon...well besides the fact Oh Joon looks 1000x hotter...lol.

Guest imogene_af

ahaaaa...I see canyayasis posting..yipee!

ripgal : thanks for the caps for episode 10...they sure kiss a lot..lol. Even if they weren't chummy before....they surely are now lol..let's see... 4 kisses in 10 episodes? granted the kiss didn't even start until what..episode 5? Not to mention the NGs...

imogene_af : hahahahahaha..omg that does look like Oh Joon's style..curly hair, scarf, heck if that guy wears a beret..that is exactly Oh Joon...well besides the fact Oh Joon looks 1000x hotter...lol.

canyayasis- we owe you red wine now. your mastery at body language is much appreciated.

o-cha- they kissed as early as episode 4 with the light parade. Then 5... then 7... then 10. That OJ the casanova!

Ep. 10 didn't begin where ep. 9 ended (in the alley at DR's home)

It started at the end of a pier on the water with a beautiful RED metal tower-

I mention this because the framing of the scene is a D.P.'s dream shot - (DP - Director of Photography)

Oh Joon kneels at the edge of the pier - and weeps to the waters - dressed all in black.

pan out and we see that Dalrae is with him.

He carries a bouquet of white flowers and talks of Yoon ah.

DalRae is conspiciously "in this" situation with him.

He trhows the bouquet into the water and says he is sorry to Yoon Ah and says goodbye to her.

Fuzzy timeline between opening scene and what i next remember -(see below - I remembered)

Double dipping with Hong Gil Dong you know!

With a change of clothes on - they arrive back at DR's home - (probably a day or two has passed)

They've been having many conversations - and though still carrying an emotionally drained look on his face -

Oh Joon says good bye - kneels and throws her a kiss - then he backs further down the alley and

does a matador dance - what you would see a bull fighter in the ring -

Lurking in the dark, watching this "performance" is Jin Goo -

Once oh joon is gone - Jin Goo calls DR and says come out - let's go eat or drink.

She agrees.

They're at the restaurant and (as shirley mentioned earlier) and he

demands to know why Oh Joon was with her - hasn't she broken it off.

Then he gets angry - not just angry - but JinGoo-sshi angry -

calls her riduculous for falling for a con man - and says is this all it takes to sway you -

and ..... our STOIC - EXPRESSIONLESS Jin goo - stand up in the middle of the restaurant and

mimics Oh Joons dance - then he "boogies down" in a serious way - much to the SHOCK of everyone in the restaurant

and grabs his coat and storms off.

He goes to his office - unlocks a cabinet and pulls out a file - ostensibly the file on Kwon Oh Joon -

He still has NOT opened it to see what his investigators found - he's not sure he wants to know...

DR crawls into bed with SoonDae - a bit dazed by it all.

Oh Joon is teaching dance/boxing classes the next day -

He's a good teacher and the 2 gangsters have joined the class - hilarity abounds!

What comes next, i must rely on hjkomo to translate - because we cut to ManDu's flat -

and he's getting the crap beat out of him by a man - whose face is new to me....I haven't seen him before.

He is screaming at ManDu and tossing all his books around - busted MD's lips, black eye, blood -

Suddenly - there's a knock at the door - it's Oh Joon who's spirits are HIGH - because of

progress with DR and the teaching etc...

He hears the commotion and starts yelling at MD about what's going on???????

MD "lady hugs" the man's leg and begs him "not to tell or talk to Oh Joon" -

what is THAT about????

So the man leaves and passes Oh Joon coming in - MD with his face AWAY from OJ starts to clean up.

2 seconds OJ sees the blood on MD's face and goes nuts.

But then he nurses MD gently, wiping his face....and takes him out to dinner and feeds him -

they drink lots and lots of Soju -

Briefly in all of this they show DR and Mother In Law sitting in the new "possibly her own" coffee shop -

it's cute because there's a terrible version of an old Chicago song playing "Hard for me to say I'm sorry" in the background.

This will wrap up quickly - because these events are lightening speed.

let me save before I finish -

Here we go -

I just realized 2 IMPORTANT THINGS - forgive me!

I remember the time gap -

when DR told OJ he had to go somewhere where he felt he could heal from this tragedy -

DR goes with him to ManDu's (before the beating session with the unknown man)

They open the door and OJ's sister is there -

OJ pulls a runner - Mandu runs after OJ - OJ's sister runs after Mandu - and Dal Rae runs after them all -

His sister falls - DalRae sends her back to Mandu's and tells them she's hurt herself -

which stops the race and now they're all together racing back to ManDu's

Only DR has made it a set up - and when OJ runs in to MD's room -

ManDu and DR brace their backs to the door and won't let OJ runaway.

Commotion, commotion - and they kiss and make up.

DR and MD come in and they have their first meal together in YEARS and YEARS.

OJ introduces his sister to DR - and it's a special moment -

The next scene I forgot - is cute - but not critical -

DR blocks her mother-in-law in the cafe with the Ahjussi former gang leader.

She plays the piano and sings - nice voice (if it was hers) and then she freaks out and tries to bolt.

Gang man grabs her wraps his arms around her - the tossle for a bit -

but DANG she's strong and breaks free and pulls a runner.

Now we're back at the spot where OJ has taken ManDu out to dinner after the strange man beating - and they drink too much.

They are dancing in the streets, singing at the top of their voices - sounds like the Tarzan song again - we have quite a long scene of their bonding again - flashbacks of good times - and up the stairs and over the rooftop to Mandu's front door where...

there's another new man at his door - this man is asking which one is Kwon Oh Joon.

Cut to DR and daughter walking down the alley toward their door and there stands...

JinGoo. He's holding a present for SoonDae - looks like it's a little turtle in a small aquarium..

remember when JinGoo didn't pick up SoonDae at the mall so that she could see the turtles -

even though she opened up her wide little arms????

He's trying to make up for it now.

She's happy and calls out Ahjussi!! Ahjussi!!

DR's phone rings - her face goes white - mad dash ensues....

they (JG drives) take Soon Dae to MIM at the coffee shop -

and JG drives her to the police station - she runs in - he stays in the car.

OH JOON has been arrested -

the evidence, it seems, that they have discovered against OH JOON is nothing less

than his OWN hand written letters to all the women he conned, minus their stamps (DR has the originals

attesting to the veracity of the facts of his fraud against all of them.

There's even a letter he's writtento ManDu where confesses to the misuse of MD's credit cards...

The police have got him in questioning and with possible evidence of conspiracy to commit fraud.

This is where we really need hjkomo -

I'll tell you what I saw and what i think happened and what i'm pretty sure happened.

The police have called Dal Rae down to show her the letters and ask her what they mean.

ManDu is sitting in the background.

They both (DR and MD) are posturing for this to be "less significant" than the letters seem to imply -

MD even says - his letter was a joke - why wouldn't he let his friend use his credit card at christmas??

DR doesn't say too much - but she's certainly "down-playing" these letters by not making a big deal about them.

Though we (the viewers) watched - we know - these letters of confession and forgiveness are HUGE to OJ and his affection for DR.

CUT TO: JinGoo in the car - he has the sealed envelope of evidence against Oh Joon -

he opens it and begins to read everything.

CUT TO:

DR entering a room where she waits for them to bring Oh Joon in to see her.

Never say things can't get worse - because to look at Oh Joon's face -

despair has dropped to a whole new level!

Because - Oh Joon has a hollowed look to his eyes and even his soul.....

it hurts just to think about it....

The last scene is unimaginable - but brings so many aspects of this series full circle....

They sit DR in a side room - not dank and dark - just a room, with a table and chairs and windows to see out all around -

I say this because it's not like a dungeon police room -

She's sitting when he walks in -

He still in his street clothes - you get the sense that he's been brought in for questioning, because he doesn't appear to have been booked or fingerprinted - (I work with criminal attorneys)

The fact that he still has his overcoat on means he hasn't been searched.

He cannot face DR.

This is when is long moppy hair pays off - because it is in his face, with that "hang down your head Tom Dooley" look.

He can't speak. He just can't.

Neither can he look at her -

in terms that lawyers will often use when seeing a client at a police station -

we often call it "fear paralysis" - it's like SHOCK and then some.....

So DalRae speaks first -

She tells him he did well.

That he did a good job - it was the right thing to do.

He can't look at her -

In the one of the kindest, compassionate voices you'll ever hear -

she says something to the effect that tomorrow will have something good to eat -

and she starts gently telling him the things she'd like for them to do together -

He (oh joon) looks at her in disbelief -

she just gets kinder and more compassionate -

the essence is these things are implying "their future" -

lots of togetherness -

What comes next, i must rely on hjkomo to translate - because we cut to ManDu's flat -

and he's getting the crap beat out of him by a man - whose face is new to me....I haven't seen him before.

He is screaming at ManDu and tossing all his books around - busted MD's lips, black eye, blood -

Suddenly - there's a knock at the door - it's Oh Joon who's spirits are HIGH - because of

progress with DR and the teaching etc...

He hears the commotion and starts yelling at MD about what's going on???????

MD "lady hugs" the man's leg and begs him "not to tell or talk to Oh Joon" -

what is THAT about????

I'll leave it to kjkomo to translate this scene, but I'll try to give some spoilers, heh.

This scene kind of confused me and so I had to watch it twice before I actually understood what was going on...and this is what I think...

The man hitting MD is his older brother. MD's older brother is angry at him because I think MD finally 'came out of the closet'. MD's mom found out that he was gay when his mother forced him to go on a match-making date and so I guess MD told his mom that he was gay...etc...which makes his mom faint, hence why his older brother beats the crap out of him...asking MD to tell him that it's not true...etc etc. MD yells back telling his brother that he should have known from the start and that he didn't wish to be born like this, it just happened. MD tells him that if he had told his family about him being gay, than everyone would feel miserable/unhappy...but he doesn't understand why they (brother, sister-in-law, cousins...etc) have to be miserable because of him and be embarrassed about that fact.

Than Oh Joon comes and knocks on the door. MD's older brother asks MD if he (OJ) is his lover. Older brother stands up to go open the door and MD stops him by grabbing onto his leg, telling his brother that it's just OJ (the brother knows OJ) and to not say anything to OJ because he doesn't know anything about it and if he finds out...MD's afraid that OJ will not be friends with him anymore. MD keeps begging to his brother to not say anything.

^^ Wow, an added twist to the plot. :blink: What will Oh Joon think?

And I wonder how the police got the letters. I don't think it was Jin Goo because he has his own evidence that he hadn't opened yet.

One thing about the first woman OJ apologized to, Ji Young. Her clingy hug and sudden forgiveness seemed like just an act to me. It was like she did it deliberately, knowing that it would scare off OJ. Because later, she throws salt, rather forcefully, to get rid of the bad luck (brought by OJ). It was like she was saying, "GOOD RIDDENS!"

I hope the gremlins have calmed down, so I can re-attempt to dl when I get home. :unsure:

Guest imogene_af

The man hitting MD is his older brother. MD's older brother is angry at him because I think MD finally 'came out of the closet'. MD's mom found out that he was gay when his mother forced him to go on a match-making date and so I guess MD told his mom that he was gay...etc...which makes his mom faint, hence why his older brother beats the crap out of him...asking MD to tell him that it's not true...etc etc. MD yells back telling his brother that he should have known from the start and that he didn't wish to be born like this, it just happened. MD tells him that if he had told his family about him being gay, than everyone would feel miserable/unhappy...but he doesn't understand why they (brother, sister-in-law, cousins...etc) have to be miserable because of him and be embarrassed about that fact.

Than Oh Joon comes and knocks on the door. MD's older brother asks MD if he (OJ) is his lover. Older brother stands up to go open the door and MD stops him by grabbing onto his leg, telling his brother that it's just OJ (the brother knows OJ) and to not say anything to OJ because he doesn't know anything about it and if he finds out...MD's afraid that OJ will not be friends with him anymore. MD keeps begging to his brother to not say anything.

I knew it! I absolutely knew it! O-cha, my friend we got it right. dingdingdingding.

our gaydars have been going haywire with Man Doo for a long time now.

I think it's a refreshing twist.

Thanks to canyayasis, purpletiger, and hjkomo, thank you for all your hard work! :)

WOW !

see - this will make me sound like the idiot,

but i didn't know the words his brother was using - (Man Du and his brother)

that's why it made no sense to me - except that it did NOT seem to have anything to do with moneylending!

Back at the station-

after Oh Joon sits down - oh to see that kind of pain - he finally speaks - oh gawd, he's terrified to open his mouth.

but she has told him that he did well...

in a question posed by Oh Joon - fraught with doubt and insecurity -

- OJ stutters literally and asks-

DalRae to marry him.

he pulls out the star fish earrings that he bought her with his last and only $10 dollars -

(remember, money lender boss took his earnings at the boxing ring, but gave him back a measley $10)

he reaches around the table and says something about a ring while placing the earrings on DR one at a time -

seriously romantic earring donning!

and then.....well....they kiss -

and not a kiss like any of the others -

it was a kiss of understanding, love, forgiveness and hope -

the last 4 minutes were outstanding!

The writer and director pulled it off - that is a transformation that i found believable -

having seen the empty look in a person's eyes --as their sins have caught up to them and they've no place to hide....

There's a reason they say, "you shall know the truth - and the truth shall make you free"

because Dalrae and OhJoon were unburdened and they both kissed freely -

^^ Wow, an added twist to the plot. :blink: What will Oh Joon think?

And I wonder how the police got the letters. I don't think it was Jin Goo because he has his own evidence that he hadn't opened yet.

One thing about the first woman OJ apologized to, Ji Young. Her clingy hug and sudden forgiveness seemed like just an act to me. It was like she did it deliberately, knowing that it would scare off OJ. Because later, she throws salt, rather forcefully, to get rid of the bad luck (brought by OJ). It was like she was saying, "GOOD RIDDENS!"

I hope the gremlins have calmed down, so I can re-attempt to dl when I get home. :unsure:

Yes, definitely a twist! O-cha & imogene_af, good job in guessing it correctly! :) I kind of sensed that MD was gay in episode 2 (when OJ came to visit MD at school and brought him food to eat. MD didn't seem to care much when OJ was telling him some stuff/tips on women. And even in today's episode, it seemed like MD disliked DR from the way he was talking to her.)

hjkomo

If I'm not mistaken...the police found the letter(s) in the car that OJ was driving around (the car that one woman gave to him saying that she bought it with her father's credit card/money or something, so he needs to drive it carefully and not get into an accident).

Hehe, yup. It was all an act to get rid of Oh Joon...after Ji Young threw the salt on the street...she said "He won't come to see me anymore, would he?"...so she purposely scared him off to be all clingy, lol.

Dal Rae read all of the Oh Joon letters (that had the individuals personal stamps on them)

in her own bedroom - in her own home -

BUT are those letters, the same as the letters that he had made DOZENS of copies of???

If so, as you recall - DalRae was tossing those envelopes everywhere into the trash -

Where are the originals - was the envelope he gave to DalRae (when Jingoo was their with the ROSES)

was THAT envelope different from the ones he'd stashed in her car, on the bricks under the wheels, etc.

I know that I didn't give you much dialogue

- but i hope all of these postings about the actions in today's episode -

-have helped give you the feeling of Ep. 10 - i broke them up for fear of SOOMPI crashing and loosing it all.

hjkomo - will dazzle us with the dialogue - which i need terribly!!!

Archived