Go Hyun Jung 고현정

Guest xosandy

Guest leo62

Apr.17, 2006

Go Hyun-jeong Poised for Belated Big-Screen Debut

200604170020_00.jpg

Goh Hyun-jeong, still aglow from her comeback on SBS drama "Spring Days" last year after ending her marriage, is now set to make her debut on the big screen 10 years after she started acting.

Goh on Monday announced the production of the film "A Woman on the Beach" by Hong Sang-soo. Having started shooting last Friday and scheduled for a September release, the film evolves around two women and two men in their 30s who meet on the beach and try in their own way to make advances to each other.

Goh plays a jobless woman who studied film music in Germany. Kim Seung-woo, Kim Tae-woo and Song Seon-mi co-star.

All four decided to act in the film although they had not read the script since director Hong is famous for shooting without a finished screenplay, handing out the parts needed for shooting on the day. Goh also agreed to be in the film for a mere 10 percent of what she can expect to earn. There must be pretty good reasons, since she had turned down a dozen other movie offers.

"I did not make a big decision," Goh said. "I just appreciated and accepted the offer to be in the movie because I am a fan of director Hong."

Asked if she is worried about doing nude scenes after establishing a "pure" image in her TV work, she says, "I'm a little scared just to think of that. I don’t know what the director thinks about it, but even if he wants it, I may disagree," she said. "But if it is truly necessary for the movie, I think as an actress making her first appearance on the big screen I can't refuse to show my body, even if I wanted to maintain my image."

She also confessed to being "very afraid" since it is her debut movie. "I also feel very nervous seeing how high people’s expectations for me are since I’m not exactly a beginner. I feel like someone is telling me to stop keeping a diary in drawings from now on and start writing it in my own words instead."

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0604170020.html

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest loveKHJ

해변의 연인 (The Woman on The Beach) Presentation Report

hongwoman.jpg

thanks for the most recent pics of GHJ, leo62!

Thanks for xosandy to provide a link for presentation report :D

expressions7zd.gif

No words,I love it so much! :P

i've been looking forward to this day too. i can't wait to watch the movie too!! Like Happy Day, i also don't know where and how i can find and contribute news on ghy but i sure know where I can learn about her. Here!!!!! :P Wonder what the article says

:)YES,yesterday,we've thanks for those friends to provide some details,ha~just looking forward to this movie.

Guest yesterday

i love u guys :excl: thank you thank you thank you. Seems like it was a pleasant presscon, with all the smiles going round... I am sure hyun jung-ssi will get along fine with the her co-stars and the production crew... look at her girlish grins....

Guest loveKHJ

:D:P Thanks again to xosandy~!

presscon vidclip :)

20060418115704.198.0.jpg

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/yonhaptv/200604/18/0418_ghj_500k.wmv

20060418095816.jpg

SBS

200604180929077274.jpg

YTN STAR

20060418162706.035.0.jpg

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/etn/200604/18/200604181101293128_s.wmv

20060418162707.086.0.jpg

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/etn/200604/18/200604181102019416_s.wmv

200604181729527533_b.jpg

mms://freevod.nate.com/news/asf/2006/04/18/200604181729527533_s.wmv

Ko Hyun-jung to Debut on Big Screen

Actress to Star in 'Woman on the Beach'

kt2200604181619330ko.jpg

Actress Ko Hyun-jung will appear on the big screen this fall.

Director Hong Sang-soo began shooting his seventh film last week, "Woman on the Beach (Haebyonui Yoin)," which will be Ko's big screen debut in her 10-year acting career.

"You know the feeling of receiving a real diary as a gift for the first time when you were young, when you had been writing only a picture diary. Starring in my first film was a bit like that for me. I have finished the illustrated dairy of my acting career," Ko said in a press meeting Monday at a Seoul hotel.

She selected Hong's film for her big screen debut without reading the screenplay as she has so much trust in him. Hong is notorious for writing a piece of script and shooting it the same day.

The film features four 30-something people, who happen to meet each other at a beach and attempt to hook up. Ko will play the role of Mun-suk, a jobless female who studied film music in Germany. Actress Song Seon-mi and actors Kim Seung-woo and Kim Tae-woo have been cast in the other main roles.

Ko said she doesn't worry at all about the film although she knows nothing but its brief storyline.

"I am a fan of Director Hong’s work. I was only too happy to say 'thank you' when he asked me to appear in his film,’’ Ko said.

"I have wanted to work with her for sure as she is such an excellent actress who is good at expressing complicated and subtle emotions," Hong said.

As for some possible nudity in the film, she said she is ready to consider it if required. "I hope to maintain my current image a little."

A former 1989 Miss Korea runner up, she made a successful comeback to the entertainment industry with the 2005 TV series "Spring Day (Pomnal)" after her divorce. After that exerience she was cautious to select her next piece to sustain the clean and intelligent, yet warm-hearted image that the public have had of her since she started her career.

Leaving behind her the huge popularity she enjoyed after starring in the 1995 TV series "Sandglass (Moraesigye)," Ko declared her retirement that year upon marrying Chung Yong-jin, a nephew of Samsung chairman Lee Kun-hee and vice president of Shinsegae Department Store. The marriage ended in 2003.

Shooting for "Woman on the Beach" is expected to finish by the end of next month. The movie goes to the screen in September.

kenbae@koreatimes.co.kr

04-18-2006 16:18

Source: http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200...16183044430.htm

Guest leo62

thank you so much for all the newsclips and vidclips of the presscon. i still cant enough of Go Hyun Jung unni.watching the vidclips and going over the newsclippings here..she is and will always be a child at heart. childish grins and all.

i hope for the BEST not only for her but to the entire cast of the movie!! AJAH!~~ :D

Guest loveKHJ

thank you so much for all the newsclips and vidclips of the presscon. i still cant enough of Go Hyun Jung unni.watching the vidclips and going over the newsclippings here..she is and will always be a child at heart. childish grins and all.

i hope for the BEST not only for her but to the entire cast of the movie!! AJAH!~~ :D

:D:PYes,leo~~I totally agree with you

Some fact again :)

200604191236132400_1.jpg

Guest loveKHJ

:) News Time:

Which a beach Go Hyun Jung want to go?

After Go Hyun Jung decided to debut on big Screen, an actress to Star in 'Woman on the Beach',it's make all are the beach hotel and resort dealer focus to this film shooting location.They give some big offered or auspices for all facilities to invite film making procession.

But all of spirit for those sponsor were refused by GHJ and film making team.

What happen for that appearance is because after a series star by GHJ,which shooting location it will be a landmark and hit visit places for local tourists,as SANDGLASS(Jun Dong Beach) , and SPRING DAY(Fe Yang Dou).

고현정이 떠날 해변은 어디?2006년 4월 20일 (목) 20:56 스포츠칸

20060420205614.733.0.jpg

톱스타 고현정의 스크린 데뷔작 ¡¥해변의 여인¡¦(감독 홍상수, 제작 영화사봄?#51204;원사)의 주 촬영지 선정에 전국 지자체들의 관심이 쏠리고 있다.

최근 ¡¥해변의 여인¡¦의 제작사에 따르면 해수욕장을 갖고 있는 전국 지자체들로부터 촬영장 유치 러브콜이 쏟아지고 있다. 영화 속 주된 배경이 될 해수욕장을 유치하게 된다면 ¡¥톱스타 고현정 효과¡¦를 누릴 수 있지 않을까 하는 기대 때문이다. 실제로 1994년 고현정이 출연한 드라마 ¡¥모래시계¡¦ 속에 등장한 정동진은 아직까지도 그 후광을 누리고 있다. 드라마만한 파급력은 기대하기 힘들지만 ¡¥고현정의 스크린 데뷔작¡¦이 불러올 화제성에 매력을 느끼고 있는 것이다.

¡¥해변의 여인¡¦의 제작사의 한 관계자는 ¡§동해와 서해에 위치한 여러 지자체들에서 제의가 들어왔었다. 상당히 매력적인 조건을 낸 곳도 있지만 너무 상업적인 요구 조항이 많아 거절했다. 영화를 촬영하는 데 몰입할 수 있는 여건이 가장 중요하다¡¨고 밝혔다. 이 관계자는 ¡§현재 서해의 한 해수욕장이 가장 유망하다¡¨며 ¡§촬영지가 결정된다고 할지라도 제작에 몰두하기 위해 장소 공개는 촬영이 끝난 후에야 할 예정이다¡¨고 덧붙였다.

¡¥해변의 여인¡¦의 제작사측에는 또 촬영장 유치 이외에도 각종 기업에서 물품 협찬 제의가 쏟아지고 있다. 이제까지 작가주의 영화를 만들어온 홍상수 감독의 영화에서는 보기 드문 현상이다. ¡¥고현정의 힘¡¦을 느낄 수 있는 대목이다.

지난 17일 제작발표회를 시작으로 촬영을 시작한 ¡¥해변의 여인¡¦은 쌍춘년 봄을 배경으로 해변으로 떠난 네 남녀의 복잡미묘한 심리를 그린 멜로물. 고현정이 싱어송라이터 문숙 역을 맡아 연기 변신을 시도하고 김승우?#44608;태우?#49569;선미 등 톱스타들이 함께 출연해 영화팬들의 기대를 모으고 있다. 캐스팅부터 화제를 불러모으고 있는 영화 ¡¥해변의 여인¡¦이 또 어떤 화제를 불러모을지 귀추가 주목된다.

01060144973_60500110.jpg

¡q최재욱기자 jwch6@kyunghyang.com¡r

Guest Devache

Hi folks,

I have never heard of Go Hyun Jung until recently, when she acted in the drama "Spring Days".

I was abit disappointed with the drama, because I felt the storyline was too draggy and long-winded for its own good.

But I did take one thing away from the positive, and that was Go Hyun Jung.

I think she's a great actress, and it's a great pity she married early and quit her acting career whilst there was possibly many other opportunities for her to make it big.

It's a good thing that she's back and taking more projects.

I personally would like her to star in another drama, but written by more accomplished drama writers (maybe the guy who wrote I'm Sorry I Love You).. or even a funny drama.

I think if she gets the right drama, she can match up to any of the top korean actresses at the moment.

Guest loveKHJ

Hi folks,

I have never heard of Go Hyun Jung until recently, when she acted in the drama "Spring Days".

I was abit disappointed with the drama, because I felt the storyline was too draggy and long-winded for its own good.

But I did take one thing away from the positive, and that was Go Hyun Jung.

I think she's a great actress, and it's a great pity she married early and quit her acting career whilst there was possibly many other opportunities for her to make it big.

It's a good thing that she's back and taking more projects.

I personally would like her to star in another drama, but written by more accomplished drama writers (maybe the guy who wrote I'm Sorry I Love You).. or even a funny drama.

I think if she gets the right drama, she can match up to any of the top korean actresses at the moment.

:) Devache,welcome.

Yes, I 'm agree with you,she possibly many other opportunities for her to make it big if she not married early.

But I never agree with you she can't match up to any of the top korean actresses at the moment.

Hahaha,I think may be asia people still strange to her^^ I can understand.

Appreciated for your drop in, hope to see u again. :)

Guest loveKHJ

:DSinger Go Hyun Jung

It's only one LP album come out by GHJ and her friends since 1990.Go Hyun Jung

sing all song :)

95290006.jpg

bf9f5cdf.jpg

Guest leo62

woohoo! i havent have a copy of the album she had in 2004 now where will i find a copy of that album as well? :blink: hehe. thanks unni!! but those friends of Go Hyun Jung unni are the same people i got to see in her cafe daum. still i have this question in mind about sonamu people being the same people in that photo. :phew:

--

NOTE:please do the RIGHT CLICK on the LINK and please get the LINK over at the PROPERTIES to be able to access the vidclip.

http://abs.gprime.net/showflash.php?name=ewankoh&w=352&h=288

*i managed to put a translation of the MUSIC VIDEO i made.please bear with my errors because it was my first time to do hardsubbing.

here is the link for download.

http://abs.gprime.net/ewankoh.swf (just do the RIGHT CLICK and SAVE AS) :sweatingbullets:

Guest loveKHJ

woohoo! i havent have a copy of the album she had in 2004 now where will i find a copy of that album as well? :blink: hehe. thanks unni!! but those friends of Go Hyun Jung unni are the same people i got to see in her cafe daum. still i have this question in mind about sonamu people being the same people in that photo. :phew:

--

NOTE:please do the RIGHT CLICK on the LINK and please get the LINK over at the PROPERTIES to be able to access the vidclip.

http://abs.gprime.net/showflash.php?name=ewankoh&w=352&h=288

*i managed to put a translation of the MUSIC VIDEO i made.please bear with my errors because it was my first time to do hardsubbing.

here is the link for download.

http://abs.gprime.net/ewankoh.swf (just do the RIGHT CLICK and SAVE AS) :sweatingbullets:

:blink::wacko::blink:OoooHH,leo,after for your remind,I just have a look to sonamu

cafe~YES,those friends in that photo is really same people in the cafe~HOW CAN???? I don't pay attention to that before ,thanks~thanks a lot leo!!!!!hahaha

But now I already know some happen~~hahaha ~no wonder ~I tell you later :rolleyes:

Ooophss~again :w00t: love so much your MV,I like~and like it~hahaha

Guest leo62

UNNI!!!GWAECHANA?!!!

it is indeed such a good news to know that. and yes, i will try to talk to you more later.dang!* PC's running super SLOW tonight.cannot do multi-tasking. i missed you! i missed Hyun Jung unni! waah.

and yeah, the MV and the song that i used did matched the lovestory of Jung Eun ssi and Eun-Sub ssi!!

waah! i am falling in love all over again.

d5749018kl.jpg

THIS WEEK is SPRING DAY'S LAST WEEK of AIRING here in my country. i will sure miss Hyun Jung unni in the morning. :tears:

Guest loveKHJ

UNNI!!!GWAECHANA?!!!

it is indeed such a good news to know that. and yes, i will try to talk to you more later.dang!* PC's running super SLOW tonight.cannot do multi-tasking. i missed you! i missed Hyun Jung unni! waah.

and yeah, the MV and the song that i used did matched the lovestory of Jung Eun ssi and Eun-Sub ssi!!

waah! i am falling in love all over again.

THIS WEEK is SPRING DAY'S LAST WEEK of AIRING here in my country. i will sure miss Hyun Jung unni in the morning. :tears:

:)I'm fine~~yes,what a sad to heard about SD to be last, It's my own feeling when SD airing in my country too :(

But we just look forward :D

Archived