[Movie 2008] Antique Bakery 앤티크-서양골동 양과자점

Rebby

Guest peachesncre4ms

i just finished watching it. It was a very "untypical" korean movie. No weak-girl-crying-over-a-jerk kind of movie, I'm glad =)

Also the scenery design was magnificent. I really hope a beautiful bakery like that exist.

Although I was a bit confused though. Who was the man at the beginning of the movie, that Jin Hyuk's mom saw & got mad & stomped out of the bakery with the grandma? What really happened to Jin Hyuk when he was abducted? All the movie really said was he was fed with a lot of cake, why was he so terrified..?

Maybe I have to read the manga to understand this =|

nvm... questions solved :P

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lucy Miao

^ omg i totally agree with this.

it is so totally different from your typical tearjerker dramatic korean movie,

and a lot of parts totally reminded me of ratatouille for some reason

(i think it's because of the food).

but yes it was absolutely hilarious, and inspired me to watch coffee prince because i loved KJW so much in it XD HAHA <3

and i went and read the whole manga too ;D

it did clarify some parts of the movie, but the parts that were cut out didn't detract (much) from the overall movie ^^

and the set was amazing. the cakes made me so hungry when i was watching it LOLLL.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tahimik

can someone list some funny/memorable quotes from this movie?

Just finished watching this movie. Definitely good for cheering someone up XD

and I only know one quote...

"Can anyone be unhappy while eating cake?"

Guest I.♥_Y0U ;)

I just finished watching this & wow :D It's so rare for me to watch a movie and like it so much. It was sooo good. Plus the cast was eye candy :)

Guest tootoo777

i loved this movie. the chemistry between the actors were very good and the bakerys very pretty. it looks so cozy and very antique :D:D:D:D

Guest selvaspeedy

I also finished watching this movie recently. such a cute movie ^^ so hilarious and some parts had me almost fell of my chair! it was so colorful and I loved how all the scenes were blended together very well.

can someone list some funny/memorable quotes from this movie?
lol yeah I have some:

"I'm a Gay of Demonic Charm"

said by the mighty Sun Woo :P

"Cut it out! You Won't get anywhere With me."

by Jin Hyuk (I thought this line is funny, I dunno :P )

"Don't get in the Way of love. / What, you stupid mustache!"

some guy who wanted to work in Antique and he (as usual) was infatuated by Sun Woo. I thought it was so hilarious when he called Jin Hyuk "mustache" :lol:

"This is our head patissier, and he's a homo. Don't mistake him for just any old homo. He's the gay of demonic charm! He'll suck the life out of you and throw you away once he's done. He's one sick kid, you got that? He could have you like a piece of cake. I Warned you, so don't. I'm sick of it."

Jin Hyuk warning Gi-beom from Sun Woo :lol:

"Sir! Take me under your Wings!"

by Gi-beom to Sun Woo lol

"He must know everything. What Jin-hyuk likes and dislikes. Even the color of his boxers."

Sun Woo being a little bit jealous :D

"Funny how life turns out, eh? You defeated me and ruled the World, and now, you sell pretty little cakes?"

by the old boxer to Gi-beom.

"- you're fine. Just consider this as a light Workout. Come on. Boxing and+ruining your health, or getting to eat all our cake... What's better?

- Boxing."

Jin Hyuk and Gi-beom. I thought this part was touching cause Gi-beom really misses being a boxer.

"I always wanted to be like a superhero, so that I could instantly transform and be stronger. Sometimes I'm evil Santa Claus... Or an embarrassed Santa Claus... A heartbroken Santa Claus... With each transformation, I become a different "me". Just for that moment, I'm happy."

Jin Hyuk thoughts.

"Get a room! / What is he, the Korean representative homo?"

Jin Hyuk after he saw Jean-Baptiste and Sun Woo hugging :lol:

"Woah! Hey! You two get any closer than that, I'll kill you both!"

Jin Hyuk talking to Jean-Baptiste and Sun Woo who were about to kiss in front of everyone :P

"- What the hell are they saying?

- Oh! They're speaking a different language!"

Su-young finally realized they're speaking French lol

"Pay him or sleep With him. Do Whatever it takes!"

Gi-beom to Jin Hyuk.

"Bonsoir, Madame Jean."

Jin Hyuk calling Jean-Baptiste Madame :P

"Fortunately, the boy didn't forget everything like me. But he may remember far more terrible things."

Jin Hyuk talking about the boy he just rescued. I think the ability to forget your past traumas is a blessing sometimes!!

"Why do people want cake in their happiest moments? I'm not really sure, but life may be a cycle of pain and bad memories. That's probably why people look for cake when they're happy. Since life is a bitter thing, we try to make our joys even sweeter."

Jin Hyuk thoughts.

and my favorite :D :

"Hey, Sun-woo. A gay club? Sure, what the hell!"

Jin Hyuk talking to Sun Woo on the phone and he doesn't have any problem going to a gay club in the end :lol:

sorry for my loooooong babbling <_< anyway, watch this movie, it's so cute and adowable.

Guest maiang

I don't know if anyone has already asked this question but I just want to know where is the Antique Coffee shop located(in korea of course)? Was it just a set they build or is it a real cafe somewhere in Korea? I saw a picture in a magazine and the location of the cafe was printed on it but I lost the picture. So uhm,I hope someone would be able to enlighten my curious mind.

Thanks a lot:D

Some scenes were..... :mellow: uncomfortable to watch.. :| (maybe it's just me)

But it's a really colorful and funny movie! :)

I don't know if anyone has already asked this question but I just want to know where is the Antique Coffee shop located(in korea of course)? Was it just a set they build or is it a real cafe somewhere in Korea? I saw a picture in a magazine and the location of the cafe was printed on it but I lost the picture. So uhm,I hope someone would be able to enlighten my curious mind.

Thanks a lot:D

Yeah, they built this shop, there's no some real cafe or cake shop like it in Korea, I guess. Though one of my friends - after watching the movie - wished that she can open a cake shop like "Antique" in real life, with some handsome guys like the cast too lolz

"Get a room! / What is he, the Korean representative homo?"

Jin Hyuk after he saw Jean-Baptiste and Sun Woo hugging :lol:

"Woah! Hey! You two get any closer than that, I'll kill you both!"

Jin Hyuk talking to Jean-Baptiste and Sun Woo who were about to kiss in front of everyone :P

Everytime I watch this scene, I always think that Jin Huyk gets little jealous :D Maybe it's not, but the way Ju Ji Hun acts... lolz

"Can anyone be unhappy eating cake?"

Subway Cinema, presenter of the New York Asian Film Festival, NYAFF 2009

Antique (Korea 2008)

antique02j.jpg

112 minutes, 35mm, in Korean with English subtitles

Directed by: Min Kyu-Dong

Starring: Ju Ji-Hun, Kim Jae-Wook, Yu Ah-In

New York premiere at these showtimes:

Mon June 22, 1:25pm at the IFC Center

Sat June 27, 5:40pm at the IFC Center

-----------

rgds :D

Guest Greener

It like Antique Japan Serie in script part.

This movie present in gay part. It is funny and cute.

I like Kim Jae Wook, he's good acting.

Guest miniejungle

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! JJH rocks!!!

he cant be more handsome and spontaneous! it's infectious!!!! :) love it!!! :wub:

Guest honey-pie

You guys know about Joo Ji Hoon being arrested for Drug Use and Abuse, right?

It's so sad... I really like him as an actor... this was his funniest movie ever...

AB will be featured in 2009 HIFF *thanks mlms for the info/linkie from JJH thread

2009 Hawaii International Film Festival Dates:

October 15-25, 2009

Jun 15, 2009

Sneak Peek of Fall 2009 Films

Hello HIFF Supporters!

The staff of HIFF thought we'd start getting everyone ready for the 29th Annual Hawaii International Film Festival (October 15 - 25) by giving you a sneak peek of two films we will be showcasing. The first film is THE STRENGTH OF WATER. a family drama based in New Zealand. The second is a comedy from Korea called ANTIQUE. Although both films vary greatly from one another, they are two that I would definitely put down on my must watch list.

I'm not watch antique bakery yet... but my friend had lend me the anime version to me...

story seem good... I wonder how JJH will act at that movies.... curious, ne...?

but so hard to find this movie in my beloved country...

Looks like i have to wait till the dvd version out, ne?

hhhhhh...

<_< <_<

Guest f927

From JJH thread *thanks mlms...

Linkie >> Festival Paris Cinema

Antique will be presented in Paris-Cinéma - Paris Cinema International Film Festival.

Paris Cinema International Film Festival, 7th edition

From July 2nd to 14th, 2009

The festival had been originally devoted to children in its early days. It takes place since 1986. Nowadays its competition focuses on new talent (first, second or third film).Keeping with its tradition, the festival will take audiences on a 12-day trip around the world with, this summer

From July 2 to 14, festival-goers will be able to discover new talents in about fifteen Parisian venues thanks to the International Competition, premieres of prestigious films with the presence of film crews, all time classics, and will meet major personalities of the film industry.About forty film premieres are screened in many venues in Paris and presented by film crews.

4a4b9a20d4749.jpg

Archived