[Movie 2008] Antique Bakery 앤티크-서양골동 양과자점

Rebby

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fallin_st4rz

great movie all the 4 leads are so cute and great in their roles esp JJH and KJW :) fan of them 2 now. Didnt know KJW cud pull off such homo role so well.

however the murder case part is abit confusin thou otherwise i totalli enjoy the entire movie, love them cakes:D

Guest Fallin_st4rz

thanks funkindagirl! your explanation makes sense. i guess i ought to rewatch it.

you can watch this in aznv.tv.....

thanks for all ur explanations but i somehow stil dont get whos the real kidnapper/murder.

about the oldman decidin to join his wife- cud it be that his murdering has been exposed so he decided to move?...

guess i wud have to rewatch it to see if it will be any clearer.

thanks for all ur explanations but i somehow stil dont get whos the real kidnapper/murder.

about the oldman decidin to join his wife- cud it be that his murdering has been exposed so he decided to move?...

guess i wud have to rewatch it to see if it will be any clearer.

SPOILERS

the old man never murdered anyone. there were two kidnappers, though the police thought there was only one; the one who had kidnapped JJH as a child. the old man kidnapped JJH and kept him hostage for two months, then let him go after he stabbed him in the leg. then, 20 years later, another kidnapper appeared who was taking the boys, keeping them for a few months and then killing them. since JJH couldn't remember what had happened to him, everyone assumed it was the same person doing all the kidnapping.

I hope that helps.

Guest lualm

thanks mj07 for the explanation. i only realized this after re-watching AB this afternoon. the twist only made the film more interesting, the second (generation) kidnapper turning out to be a copy cat of the former, though his offenses were far more vicious.

one thing that impressed me most is how pd min gyu dong managed to stitch everything flawlessly, weaving two overlapping scenes (1. the police interrogation on kim jin hyuk in the cake shop and 2. when jin hyuk and su-young rushed to rescue sun woo from the hands of jean baptiste evan) to pump up the adrenalin. everything is so fast-paced you can't afford to take your eyes off the screen even for a second.

the pd handled each sequence with much meticulousness that one could hardly find any loophole. of course Antique may not be the most original piece of work (e.g. the moving pictures on a magazine reminds me of harry potter but still it came out refreshing.) as of late but the overall package will leave you on a high, or satisfied at the very least.

the bts disc revealed much more than what the film showed. kim jae wook had to repeat the under the water scene over and over until the pd was satisfied and it was really tiring him out. it's a shame this sequence didn't make it to the final cut. yoo ah in trembled so much under the rain in one scene that i thought he was gonna pass out. jjh had to teach yai start the motorcycle (or was it a scooter) right and it was outrageously funny when he imitated the latter from behind. i was pleasantly surprised to see yai's former boxing opponent played by the actor who was the evil king from hong gil dong series. i've always wondered how he would look like if he's acting normal, and i got my answer in this film.

i agree when someone said in the previous post that antique is not a gay film, but instead a movie about four guys of which, one happens to be gay. it's about choices, how people can face the worst and still perceive life as wonderful. it's about holding on, letting go, and moving on. the old man meeting jin hyuk in the end is one metaphor that despite the unresolved, the latter is finally able to move on with his life. the last scene where "something good" was playing in the bg, embodied just that.

i will reserve my comments about jjh. seeing all the positive reviews about him is more than enough. (though i wonder how many of you have noticed he had changed his pitch for this role?) but i'd like to quote one of his lines in the film.

"With each transformation, I become a different me. Just for that moment, I'm happy."

i know this line holds true to him personally. needless to say, we're all proud of what he has shown in Antique.

I made some captures from Antique Japanese Website (all pics are 958 x 505px):

th_antiqueHQ66.jpg th_antiqueHQ65.jpg

th_antiqueHQ76.jpg th_antiqueHQ74.jpg

th_antiqueHQ69.jpg th_antiqueHQ70.jpg

th_antiqueHQ68.jpg th_antiqueHQ67.jpg

th_antiqueHQ75.jpg th_antiqueHQ71.jpg

th_antiqueHQ72.jpg th_antiqueHQ73.jpg

New cap-pic from oranjyu:

AntiqueBTS93.jpg

---> Love it so much, they look so cute :P

AntiqueBTS90.jpg

AntiqueBTS91.jpg

AntiqueBTS92.jpg

AntiqueBTS86.jpg

AntiqueBTS76.jpg

AntiqueBTS75.jpg

Guest riehae

Just passing by. Thanks for the updates. Post-movie stuff.

I need to downlaod this again. I lost my downloaded file before.

Just finished watching this movie and it was hilarious. I was laughing most of the time.. :) The cakes are so yummy - not to mention the guys as well.. :P

Kinda new for me, since the last time I saw Ji Hoon was in his goong days. His acting improved a lot.

Also, Kim Jae Wook's role is very convincing. In some angle, he looks like Tamaki Hiroshi of Nodame.. :)

All in all, it's worth watching.. :)

Guest Mindy.

I'm new to Korean "fandom" and this is the first Korean film I've watched (a few weeks ago). It is seriously wonderful and I have since turned a few of my friends onto it. The only part I am a little iffy about is the whole kidnapper scenario, but I suppose it helps to wrap everything up nicely in the end. What a cute, fun movie... and Kim Jae Wook, om nom nom. If only Jin Hyeok and Seon Woo had made out... :blush:

one thing that impressed me most is how pd min gyu dong managed to stitch everything flawlessly, weaving two overlapping scenes (1. the police interrogation on kim jin hyuk in the cake shop and 2. when jin hyuk and su-young rushed to rescue sun woo from the hands of jean baptiste evan) to pump up the adrenalin. everything is so fast-paced you can't afford to take your eyes off the screen even for a second.

the pd handled each sequence with much meticulousness that one could hardly find any loophole. of course Antique may not be the most original piece of work (e.g. the moving pictures on a magazine reminds me of harry potter but still it came out refreshing.) as of late but the overall package will leave you on a high, or satisfied at the very least.

i agree when someone said in the previous post that antique is not a gay film, but instead a movie about four guys of which, one happens to be gay. it's about choices, how people can face the worst and still perceive life as wonderful. it's about holding on, letting go, and moving on. the old man meeting jin hyuk in the end is one metaphor that despite the unresolved, the latter is finally able to move on with his life. the last scene where "something good" was playing in the bg, embodied just that.

((spoiler in the space down there)))

this is one of my (very) favorite manga, so I really couldn't wait to see the movie. I finally found working links at youtube a couple of days ago. As much as I love Takky, and like Fujiki kun--the Japanese dorama itself wasn't as good as I'd hoped...not that it was bad--it just wasn't the same. But the movie--when I started seeing even the tiniest bits in previews--I knew I would like it. I agree with the bolded part also--this is a story that's much more detailed than it might seem at first. The story couldn't have been told fully without one of the 4 main characters, because their lives/stories are intertwined. (there are differences between the manga and the movie--but I didn't miss those bits of plot--the movie didn't suffer either...they left the most important things in) I didn't dislike Jean's character as much [ ( movie vs book-the violent temper of his wasn't shown as much in the movie--but you got the idea--and Andy Gillet added some charm-Jean is a little too cruel at times for me) , and I wanted to punch the 'old man' (Jinhyuk character) a little bit less. lol I didn't hate him when I understood him better (book and movie). I wanted to hug the stuffing out of them when it was done (hated for it to be over) because they were so perfect, all of them (esp. Choi Inho and KJW, but I liked him before anyway). Between the script, the story, directors/pd/set decorators--and other staff-- and the actors who really were the characters--I was upset and giggled in all the same/right places. I can't help comparing manga to movie-- but if I hadn't read it, I still would have liked it.

Or loved it.

Guest s0y0un*

oo im downloading this right now from filenori

but after reading all the reviews on how great it is i cant wait to watch it :]

Guest mj07

sharku, thanks for the making-of (I wonder if it's different from what's on the DVD?)

NEway, I'm getting the urge to watch it again after reading everyone's comments! I wish everyone could see and appreciate this movie!

Archived