Elfen Lied!

Guest phantom.leonhart

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
Guest Nobody?

Pomg who's at the freaking door !!! ='[

It was interesting to watch and episode 13 is so heart breaking near the end *snifs*

I liked the opening and ending songs =D

Although the ost was uh different

And for all the people who complain about the blood and nudity

Seriously get over it and build a dam bridge

It wasn't that bad, u immature people

Maybe if you were like 5 then it might be a deal

• 1 month later...
Guest Demllequ

i came across this anime but i didnt want to watch it

it sounded scary

but now that u mention the nudity =P

i might as well watch hahahah

Guest _dax_

I just finished watching this anime.

+Mesmorizing opening song

+Beautiful artwork

+Emotional ups/downs

+Who doesn't like blood/gore?

+Nice character development

(though, some characters bugged me *coughs* *cousin*)

Besides some awkward humor....

it's overal top on my anime list.

SPOILER ALERT:(QUESTION BELOW)

The shadow at the door, who do you think it was? Nyu or Lucy?

As much as I wanted it to be Lucy, I think it was Nyu.

The music box symbolizes Lucy

And the clock represents Nyu.

Lucy is killed off during the scene after the kiss.-she goes back to the bridge, where more soldiers are waiting.

(The music box melody stops- Lucy dies)

The clock (Nyu) starts working when you see the shadow at the door. Also pay attention to how the shadow stands- the knees are bent inwards symbolizing Nyu.

Wish they tied the loose ends. I want to know what happens to Chief Kakuzawa- the head of the research center...

Guest HeartOnHerSleeve

I liked Lucy a lot, especially at the end. It made me tear up.

It sort of made me squeamish (almost to the point of nausea) at scenes where people were brutally murdered or tortured, like the scene where Nana first encounters Lucy.

This anime was very sad. I think the perverted parts were unnecessary. Just put there for the perverts' (and perhaps the artists'?) entertainment. =/ At least in my opinion. I also didn't really like the way the guy was drawn. He looked like a little boy with a very tall body.

I love the opening song. Such a good anime. It is probably the only one that made me feel that horrified for characters' fates and really emotional for 2-D fictional characters. It was very good. I don't advise that anyone rent this DVD and watch it on a big plasma TV if you live with your parents, or if you don't like violence and animal abuse.

edited

Hey, _dax_ thanks for the little facts you included. I had no idea about those symbols and I was very curious who the heck the shadow was. I agree, I really want to know what happened to that chief guy and his daughter. Actually, it has been a while since I watched the show. Maybe they showed what happened to the girl?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CuteThings

I really cried when they showed Mayu's backstory and Nana's introduction. Lucy is really an evil person!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest _dax_

Lucy is really an evil person!

Referring to the 'anime', I'd like to know your justifications. Yes Lucy does kill a lot of people but take into consideration her circumstances:

She surrendered in hopes of her friend being saved; her friend died as a result of those 'authoritative figures.'

She was held in confinement for her powers and treated like an alien (Remember the dog/school scene)

Everyone is out to kill her; she's only trying to survive.

I would consider her 'evil' if she enjoyed her kills; of which she does not.

She acts as if her power is a burden full of guilt and trouble.

So, I actually feel sorry for this character.

• 1 year later...
Guest Ryeochi

^ i totally agree with that one... lucy just wants to live...T.T sad anime..

actually when i watched the first episode i nearly cracked up due to the nudity and violence i was seeing at that moment and since im such a coward i went for the manga..XD

Guest dellcomputer

i haven't finished watching this series watched up to 4-5?? the beginning was good, was it sort of got repetitive.....overall it's ok, will have to go and finish watching it....

• 9 months later...
Guest Stolen_waters

I loved it :w00t:

But I liked Lucy more than Nyu though.

Same here..

Anyway, I watched the anime a long time ago, but I've just started reading the manga the other day, so the crazy emotions came back again. lol This may sound weird to some of you, but, seriously, I hate Nana. I really can't forget about the chapters leading to Mariko's death, so after Mariko's last chapter, Nana for me has simply become an annoying character who needs to get erased from the series, then again I was never really fond of her to begin with. Also, Kurama should've just died with Mariko, like in the anime, or he should've just stayed crazy. B)

Guest yandere

When I first saw it, I was like 'ZOMG this is the greatest thing everrr~"

Now, I'm pretty 'meh' about it.

Though I guess it's pretty much the perfect seinen anime; blood/gore, violence, lolis, and lots of boobies.

The pink haired cat girl (or "horns." Pfft, yeah. :rolleyes: ) killing people using amazing powers only Pokemon should posses is cool... well that's pretty much the only cool thing about it. There's wayyy too much stupid ecchi harem nonsense and incredibly annoyingcute "nyu" sh-t in this show. Sure, I felt sad for Mayu, but that's about it. Nana just made me LOL, Kouta and whatever his cousin's name is just annoyed me, and Lucy... she was bullied by some kids! Oh baw! :rolleyes: How horrible!

Also, I don't understand how fans can ship LucyxKouta after what she did.... That being said, the manga ending was quite nice :) (but don't get me wrong, I actually like Lucy)

It would've been better if they showed more of Lucy's third "kill all humans" personality.

When I first saw it, I was like 'ZOMG this is the greatest thing everrr~"

Now, I'm pretty 'meh' about it.

Though I guess it's pretty much the perfect seinen anime; blood/gore, violence, lolis, and lots of boobies.

The pink haired cat girl (or "horns." Pfft, yeah. :rolleyes: ) killing people using amazing powers only Pokemon should posses is cool... well that's pretty much the only cool thing about it. There's wayyy too much stupid ecchi harem nonsense and incredibly annoyingcute "nyu" sh-t in this show. Sure, I felt sad for Mayu, but that's about it. Nana just made me LOL, Kouta and whatever his cousin's name is just annoyed me, and Lucy... she was bullied by some kids! Oh baw! :rolleyes: How horrible!

Also, I don't understand how fans can ship LucyxKouta after what she did.... That being said, the manga ending was quite nice :) (but don't get me wrong, I actually like Lucy)

It would've been better if they showed more of Lucy's third "kill all humans" personality.

I agree but thats anime for ya.

I'm thinking about making a fan made fake trailer of a live action elfen lied

Archived