Cho Seung Woo 조승우 | [Drama 2023] Divorce Attorney Shin/Sacred Divorce, 신성한 이혼

the girl who!

@wanda77 What do they mean by "slow"? As in when he talks?

Personally, I find him to be an interesting character. In the bts of his films/dramas, he is all goofy and playful but when they start the cameras rolling, he snaps into character. On the musical stage, he struts around confidently, belting out the songs with gusto and projecting his lines to the audience with emotions and conviction. Then you monitor him during these showcase for films/dramas..... he is suddenly so soft spoken and dreamy. Where is that guy who sings his heart out? :w00t:

99679B365B94D14713590D

Yes, back in time, at the final presentation of a movie, when was asked to say something about the movie, he spoke somehow in slowmotion , and on the screen appeared a turtle walking slowly...

He is a really wonderful person, and a great actor, but things like this, promotion... are not his cup of cake ( I assume); looks like his company doesn't even take advertisments.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wanda77 said:

Yes, back in time, at the final presentation of a movie, when was asked to say something about the movie, he spoke somehow in slowmotion , and on the screen appeared a turtle walking slowly...

He is a really wonderful person, and a great actor, but things like this, promotion... are not his cup of cake ( I assume); looks like his company doesn't even take advertisments.

Yup... he doesn’t seem the kind who likes to do PR kinda stuff. And CFs as well! I don’t remember seeing him in CFs especially when his popularity shot up after SF

19 hours ago, wanda77 said:

Yup... he doesn’t seem the kind who likes to do PR kinda stuff. And CFs as well! I don’t remember seeing him in CFs especially when his popularity shot up after SF

• Like 1

I first saw him in secret forest. Was amazed that how he can he be that good. I thought since the male lead doesn't feel, he would be similar to a robot. But CSW just blew me off with his acting skills. After that I watched all of his works. And he never did similar roles. He always took something different and blew life into that. I was in the illusion that secret forest may be his ultimate work but, but I was awestruck on seeing him in marathon, inside men, and tazza. As I was wondering whether he could get any better, Life happened. The character GSH is nothing innovative. But his micro expressions, hand gestures, body language and his voice proved me wrong. I won't be surprised any more if he exceeds his previous work. Simply amazing. Watching him on screen is really a treat.

I was compelled to write this because his acting in Life made me do so.

• Like 4

Hello everyone! I've recently grown fond of JSW because of Life even if I've seen him in a few movies before. I was just researching stuff and looking at articles about him when I found this thread.

I'd really like to translate some of the BTS from Life for everyone who can't completely understand Korean but I'm also not that good yet.

I saw some people who said JSW isn't entirely into PR stuff and I think it's because he's quite a stay at home kind of guy (in my opinion). He once said in one of the BTS in life that he's a 슈퍼 집들이 which according to my boyfriend means someone who likes staying at home a lot.

• Like 4

Welcome @squarebell22 and @pompyavi

a59a0636f27b4b15b035040ca5c72820.jpeg?s=

Cho Seung Woo talked about his standards when it came to choosing scripts, the difficulty of finding new stories, the type of work he wanted to do, and the importance of chemistry between cast members.

On September 13, Cho Seung Woo held an interview ahead of the premiere of his upcoming film “Feng Shui.” On how he chooses which works to appear in, the actor shared, “I still think about what to look for. The thing to avoid the most are works that pretends inevitability is a coincidence. It’s a device that everyone uses. In other words, it’s a script that already has an answer.”

He continued, “The scripts that have predictability are hard. Taking previously done formats and changing the subject, adjusting the characters, and altering what’s familiar just a little bit. I try not to do those as much as possible. I don’t want to see it.”

Cho Seung Woo added, “Because topics become exhausted and the audience’s standards have become higher, it’s hard to find works that satisfy the audience. However, if it’s not new, I think it’ll be ignored. That’s why I do my best to find something new.” Mentioning that he had recently enjoyed John Cho’s “Search,” which topped the Korean box office, he commented, “The story wasn’t cliché, but rather made a breakthrough by being novel, and succeeded. I think that’s thought provoking.” 

On the kinds of projects he wanted to work on, he shared, “Even if it’s a small project, I’m always open to making appearances on it. I’m not very picky. I starred in a one-man act on TV ‘Strange, More Than That,’ and made cameos in ‘Assassination‘ as well as ‘The Peach Tree.’ Results aside, I want to try new works where the attempt itself is fun.”

Cho Seung Woo talked about his most recent works, “Stranger,” as well as “Life,” and commented, “I try to stay logical. I try my hardest not to stand out. I’m like that on set too. Maybe it’s just the way I am, but I don’t like being in the limelight and doing things. I decided to go with a silent image so I don’t lose the weight of pressure.”

He also spoke up about the importance of the chemistry between the cast, rather than how much screen time he got. He commented, “They say things like ‘top [actor]’ and ‘best [actor],’ but it doesn’t mean anything. It just gives you a lot of pressure. Acting in and of itself is having good chemistry with your co-star and the rest of the cast. If anyone rises or sticks out, I don’t really like it. I prefer working with everyone.”

“Feng Shui” is about a genius feng shui master Park Jae Sang (played by Cho Seung Woo) who uses the Earth’s energy to change people’s fates, and the conflict and ambition of those who try to take the most prosperous land to become king. The film will premiere on September 19.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, annagriss8 said:

Thank you. Am I will continue to hang around this forum from now. 

3 hours ago, squarebell22 said:

Hello everyone! I've recently grown fond of JSW because of Life even if I've seen him in a few movies before.

I was impressed by him in Stranger itself. But yeah Life made me love him even more. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, annagriss8 said:

He also spoke up about the importance of the chemistry between the cast, rather than how much screen time he got. He commented, “They say things like ‘top [actor]’ and ‘best [actor],’ but it doesn’t mean anything. It just gives you a lot of pressure. Acting in and of itself is having good chemistry with your co-star and the rest of the cast. If anyone rises or sticks out, I don’t really like it. I prefer working with everyone.

I respect him even more now

• Like 2