[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

Gosh... It's been a long day for me. I have been reading all your posts the whole day, but it's' been just one of those days when Real Life just 'intrudes' and I didn't have the opportunity to drop a line until now. Now it's pretty late where I'm at, but I just feel I MUST do it today, since it's such a meaningful and important day for us all.
First of all to our Healer International Project Team.... I just want to say a very big THANK YOU for all your hard work! I'm sorry I couldn't be part of the organisational team - which is just as well because beginning of the year is a crazy time in Real Life for me, and I would have not been able to carry my part of the load which would have been TRAGIC for me... but I appreciate ALL OF YOU soooo much... @sanika, @namedx, @sunshine15, @tomoyo1010, @AdelaM, @ruizaio, @cmoirae2... I'm sorry if I forgot someone... but I deeply deeply appreciate all your efforts, my dearest friends. You are all just AWESOME!
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
I am beyond excited to read how you all managed to communicate with SJN and her assistant - and that SJN herself is reading through our Project. OMG, I'm so nervous that she is reading or read my word vomit, I was breaking out in hives the entire day just at the thought! I will look forward to hearing more on our Healer Project, and am so proud and happy to have managed to be a part of it.
Secondly, reading through your very eloquent posts today, something struck me. Especially reading the very interesting posts by @Canavalia and a few others (so sorry I can't remember now who, but you all know who you are). Thank you for writing down about your thoughts and your own experiences, with regards to the very serious topic that SJN was trying to put forward through the drama Healer. What struck me really, was that despite all of us coming from the four corners of the earth, consisting of various races, religions, beliefs and what-have-yous, totally different cultures and perhaps even mind sets, but at the end of the day, from the things you all say, we are not all that different from each other, are we? The things that are important to us, like love and family and friendship and trust and honesty... those things are the same the world over. The things we despise, including corruption, decadence, child abuse etc... those too are the same no matter what language, political leanings, colour, creed we profess. And on top of all of that... we can all LOVE kdrama, especially Healer. And find our baby bear adorable. And can't say goodbye to Healer, and now need to go into rehab. ;) It just goes to show, despite our differences, we are not all that different from each other, are we? 
Anyway it was just something that struck me, and makes me realise how awesome the world is. At the end of the day. And how I appreciate all of you on this thread for your thoughts, opinions and mutual respect and love for each other. This is truly a Healing thread!

jaslinnj said: Wow. I think I need a rehab asap. I am switching between this thread and now have joined the ChangMin Shipper page too.

Am re-watching Healer from ep 1. After I know what SJN said, I feel more connected.

From all the kisses in the drama, my most favorite one was in episode 20. The last but one kiss. Where he is holding the camera. There is something about that kiss that seems so real. Its less than a second but damn its so hot and filled with love. And when they break apart the looks they exchanged..... AWESOME!!!
:x :x :x

JCW oppa,PMY unni waaake up!!!! don't you realized what SJN writernim just done to you both???? Writernim has planted a seed in your heart. It's the matter of time the seed will bloom into something beautiful. You both have been watering the seed for months now...keep watering the planted seed and we changmin shippers will help fertilizing it.I'm awaiting patiently for that beautiful changmin flower to bloom. :x

jk99 said: JCW oppa,PMY unni waaake up!!!! don't you realized what SJN writernim just done to you both???? Writernim has planted a seed in your heart. It's the matter of time the seed will bloom into something beautiful. I'm awaiting patiently for that beautiful changmin flower to bloom. :x

Wow. I think I need a rehab asap. I am switching between this thread and now have joined the ChangMin Shipper page too.

Am re-watching Healer from ep 1. After I know what SJN said, I feel more connected.

From all the kisses in the drama, my most favorite one was in episode 20. The last but one kiss. Where he is holding the camera. There is something about that kiss that seems so real. Its less than a second but damn its so hot and filled with love. And when they break apart the looks they exchanged..... AWESOME!!!

:x :x :x

Hey. Can I have the link for the chang min shipper page too? Thanks!

will date in secrecy hmmm.... ok :) :) :)

what I am 1,000000000& sure of,  #Healer ..even if its just a drama series, it was not for us and neither for PMY and JCW.  Both of them said same thing, they will not forget it.  The storyline was so realistic for every character portrayed.  Seems like 'they' lived the lives of YS and JH for how long was it? 2 and half months or so.  BUT IN THE END, WHETHER THEY BELIEVE IT OR NOT,  IT BECAME THEM IN REAL LIFE.

Also, now I understand my own self why I loved this drama so much. Simply because it is for real.  That's the reality of what we call 'LIFE'.

The remainder of the Q&A of Writer SJNAlso, she gave me permission to publish my translations on the HIFP blog, so please do not post these anywhere else for now. You can post them with links to the new blog once it's up.

Q: Do you have any thoughts on working on Healer 2?A: Not even in my dreams at this time. My energy is totally depleted. Even playing video games is hard for me right now. (sobs)
Q: Did JH take Teacher's ashes to the South Pacific?A: If the ending had turned out to be after 1 year had passed as planned, of course he'd have made that trip by then. Along with his woman by his side. JH wouldn't be able to say much, but the woman by his side would be chattering nonstop as they scatter the ashes.
Q: When Det. Yoon asks MJ whether Healer is good for this world, MJ doesn't answer. I want to know your and MJ's thoughts on that.A: I think that one should be answered by the viewers of Healer. Now that you've watched all 20 episodes, is JH good for this world or bad? My thoughts are your thoughts.
Q: There were so many scenes of JH and YS holding hands. Did you have any special reasons for that? From your personal experience?A: Not to mention Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam or the contact between alien and earthlings in E.T.,Yes, I like holding hands. The contact, the connection, the warmth that spreads through the hand... things like that.MY always extends her two hands to hold the other person's hands.I think I miss that touch more and more as the cyber world takes over reality these days.
Think about it. When the day comes when androids prevail (although it already feels like 20% of the active people today are androids), you wouldn't be able to tell just by listening to someone talking whether they are real humans or whether they really mean what they're saying about me.My hope is that holding hands will help you there. ... I don't know what I'm saying.
Q: What heals you when you're having a hard time?A: Family!
Q: When you first started writing Healer, I wonder if there was a scene that you had in mind from the beginning, a scene you wanted to write the most. If not, which scene left the biggest impression after you finished writing Healer?A: Regarding the scene I wanted to write before I began writing? ...beating up president Hwang Jae Gook? LOL I wanted to write stuff like that every day, but I think I would have been reported for writing such a violent drama.The rooftop kiss scene at the ending of episode 8?The man breaking out of his shell and the woman accepting that man as he is without any regards to his status?(Sounds better than it really was... I wasn't sure how to describe this feeling at first, and I was glad to somewhat portray that with the kiss scene in episode 8.)The scene with the biggest impression after the writing was over... was what was also used as the ending of episode 19... the four of them ascending on an escalator. Regardless of which generation they belong, they were standing side by side to work on the same mission...!
Q: I want to know more about how this drama came about - any episodes or ideas that came up as you discussed with your assistants.A: At first they are all fragments. Various images... episodes... we just talk nonstop. Then the assistants write them down and organize them. Then we talk more on those. It's like matching the pieces of a puzzle of the story.Once the casting is complete, the characters are made to fit the actors, then we follow the imagery.For example, things changed a lot after YJT accepted the role of MH. There was going to be a hint of a love triangle between MH, JH, and YS. But we decided that MH portrayed by YJT was enough without that. (in response to a similar question, she added) YJT was an uncle enough to love and care for them without that kind of feelings.
Q: Did you originally plan a sad ending? If so, at about which episode did you switch to a happy ending?A: It was going to have a happy ending from the beginning. When JCW came to the studio for the first time, I told him the ending as I explained his character. We just kept that path. One death and a new beginning. Only... at the time, I was planning on taking my time with a proper ending. My first thought was for JH to fake a crash while on an aircraft. Sorry, JH.
Q: What happened to KMS and Sec Oh after they lost their leader, the Elder? A: KMS is admitted to a facility, and MY visits him once a week. MH might visit him once a month or so.Sec Oh still works for the farmers. Eww... I hate it.
Q: Looks like JH quit being Healer and became a reporter, what is MJ doing? Would you have considered MJ and Det. Yoon's romance if there had been more episodes?A: JH is not an ordinary reporter, but a freelancer specializing in digging up stuff, so he'll continue to work with MJ. I think he just won't make as much money as he used to... but MJ might think differently.As for the romance with Det. Yoon... Good luck, Det. Yoon!
Q: Did you intend the symbolic meanings in the character names? For example, I thought MY stood for a warm glow of this age and democracy, MS for the facade of capitalism that devours the media, and MH for the protection of media that doesn't yield to the control of money. I also wonder about how JH and Dae Yong met, and how DY and the delivery guys came to work for JH. A: I did see the dictionary reference about the meanings of some of the characters. I was very surprised. (in response to a similar question later) One or two of such meanings were intended, but the rest were decided by the general impression of the characters. (You can find a translation of the part about character names at the bottom of this post)
DY is the only person that really works for JH, but she has a lot of friends, so those delivery guys end up helping her a lot. At first, I had planned on featuring those delivery guys a lot, and spent the time to include a scene of what they do for fun, but because of the restraints on action scenes (budget and time T_T), we couldn't incorporate them a lot, which is really sad.
Q: MS seemed to have lost everything after MY left. Why did he think he was Gil Han when he was drunk? Did he want to become GH because of his jealousy or his yearning for MY's affection? Or did his guilty feeling after that incident cause him to deny himself? If so, he could just as well claim to be Joon Seok, but why specifically GH? A: MS could never forget GH. The only person MY loved. Someone who hadn't committed any crimes. Jealousy, envy, and guilt. I think the only way to get rid of all those was for him to become GH himself.
Q: Could you give an advice for people aspiring to become writers?A: First advice: don't become a writer! Second advice: Observe people a lot. There are many aspiring drama writers who only watch dramas a lot. I wish they'd be observing people... Listen to what they say and think about why they'd be acting that way... I think that's how you train yourself to become a writer. Reading books is the biggest help in figuring out what people think. Good books always contain what people think.Think. We spend so much time without thinking. Writers especially have to think a lot....is the advice coming from a writer who doesn't think much.
Q: How did YS know about Healer even before she met him?A: The reputation of Healer must have spread discretely somehow. That way he'd get clients who'd hire him.There's this guy called Healer, who only deals with top class information and is extravagantly expensive...Apparently, he's a special dealer of information in the world of politics and business... He doesn't just take any job just because of the money.If rumors like these went around, what reporter wouldn't want to meet him?
Q: How come people just believe that the dead person is somebody with a different name (PBS), face, and body build when the goons that worked for the Elder and were arrested all know that it was JH that died?A: This was an interesting part. Now there are two types of people who know JH. People who only know the picture on the wanted poster. You can take care of that by supposing that MJ deleted the video file and switched out the picture.Those who had actually seen JH... are those that JH will have to avoid as he works as a freelancer. This is why JH works as a freelancer and not an ordinary reporter that works in the office. How would he get away when he comes across people who know his face... maybe he'll just say with a straight face, "I hear that a lot. That I look a lot like someone." ...that would be thrilling.
Q: The scene where MY says in teary eyes, "Where are you, Min Joo (democracy)? I'm here!" made me cry. Did you have a specific intention with this scene?A: I really liked that part, too. I thought it might have been nice if she had been smiling there, too. Min Joo also somewhat symbolizes YS, so it can also mean that MY knows who YS is (although I know this is a flaw of mine to have so many things that only I am privy to)Or it can also mean that Min Joo is right here, she didn't go anywhere, but we'd been ignoring it this whole time...
Q: East or west?A: The instinct of going straight. No conflict! Always the first one!(If YS had asked, west or east? JH would have answered, west!)
Q: What is the meaning of MJ always knitting?A: MJ is supposed to be donating to a children's hospital. So she knits things to give to the children there or other orphanages. Also, when she's not working with JH, there's nothing else for her to do. Just spacing out in that space if she's not knitting. So knitting is her way of killing time.
Q: Towards the end of episode 20, YS is wearing glasses as she drives. I don't think it's for her eyesight. Is there a specific reason?A: Ah... haha. It's Healer glasses. And that would have required CG work, but because we didn't have time, I didn't say anything about that in the script. Just had her wearing glasses.
Q: When Gi Young Jae went to the hospital where MY was admitted, KMS tried to explain his excuse. Had YJ listend to that, what would have happened? When KMS was taken to the Elder, that might have been the only choice he could make in order to save his beloved MY, right? If KMS had chosen to go against the Elder, could MY have survived?A: KMS's excuses would have been a series of lies that even he himself couldn't really buy.Had KMS gone against the Elder, MY might have died. Instead of living like a human vegetable for decades. I don't know which one she would have liked better.Today we live in houses with good heating, with clothes, without starving... but do we become happier in proportion to the size of our houses?
Q: What kind of life would MY lead now?A: She got a job as the Writer of Editorials at Someday. She visits MS once a week.
Q: Does JH continue to live in his place or does he set up his honeymoon nest somewhere else?A: I vote he still lives in his place! But with better heating system! Honeymoon... lol... I'll call him and ask, did you guys go on a honeymoon trip?
Q: What kind of people is Sec Oh supposed to represent in today's society?A: I think there are a lot of people like that around today. In the Prosecutor's Office... the National Assembly... People who don't have their own opinions and have become mere voting machines or a dog... people who don't feel any guilt. Sec Oh's character was made to symbolize such people. Which is why... he's so hard to get rid of.