Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest frances

Hahaha... actually i was giggling all the way at the front part of the movie seeing BYJ. Coz i can't watch untold scandal (underage and i still am till next year), so i was so happy seeing him in something new after winter sonata... hehehe :D

:D oh gina , you will have another waiting to do before u can watch untold scandal !! well, being a BYJ fan, it is a must that we possess this virtue of patience and more patience...good thing i'm of the right age & i've seen untold...beautiful film !!

just curious, you have not tried watching untold in dvd or vcd ??...i'm being a bad girl here, giving u a naughty tip :rolleyes:

Guest happiebb

just curious, you have not tried watching untold in dvd or vcd ??...i'm being a bad girl here, giving u a naughty tip :rolleyes:

yea... am curious too... why hasn't gina watched the dvd? B)

Gina i'm so happy for you that you've seen AS. And thanks for sharing with us your thoughts on it.

Frances, I was told by my friends whom I had dinner with that AS has a poster already in Glorietta Cinemas. I wish that this is already a signal that it'll be shown soon. Likewise, while I was driving around Manila this afternoon I saw banners of CineManila. I read somewhere that some Korean films are included here and if I'm not mistaken 1 is Yong Joon's movie, is it Untold or AS? Can't remember. Btw, thank you so much for all the thumbnails on The Image, Yong Joon's cf images and for keeping the thread. So sorry I wasn't able to get back as early as I wanted to be. Will make it up to you later :)

(Trans.) From AERA 9.30.05 Special issue: IMX Sohn Ilhyon Interview :What I aim for w/BYJ]

Translated and posted by Myonne in BYJ's Quilt

Interview with Mr. Sohn Ilhyon (IMX President)

From Hanryu(Korean Wave) towards Asia business

The aim I have in mind together with Bae Yongjoon

Mr. Sohn Ilhyon is the person who is exclusively in charge of management of Bae Yongjoon's activity in Japan. In August this year, Bae Yongjoon invested his money in IMX, and thus the bond between them has increasingly become strong.

Interviewer and writer ~ Ms. Rumi Hayashi (Books Editorial Division)

Q I think the film 'April Snow' is very important work for IMX as well. How did you see Bae Yongjoon ssi when he was on the shooting site?

Sohn( S: hereafter) When I talked with and saw him perform on the shooting site, he seemed to find the direction which required impromptu acting or dialogue very difficult. And he made a complaint to me, showing a sign of weakness again and again. But it was such a difficult acting even without conte that it could be a new discovery for himself.

Q In conveying what is Bae Yongjoon to Japan, what is the most important thing you have in mind?

S Though his great smile tends to be emphasized, I would like to convey his inner side such as the efforts he makes behind and the humbleness he never loses even after becoming famous.

Moreover, I wish if I could transmit his consideration over his family, which may be different from Hollywood stars, or, in other words, something like Asian-emotion or heart.

Q Japan-Korea cultural exchanges are still not enough.

S What I want to do most in Japan is to make the works of Korean dramas or films, and Korean actors and actresses, settle down as an ordinary category. This is not necessarily¡¡for Bae Yongjoon only, and it doesn't have to be in Hanryu boom.

Q You are in the position of protecting Bae Yongjoon in Japan. What do you find is the most difficult ?

S To be sure, it is hard when I receive groundless slanders on TV or in publications, but it is most painful that I cannot respond to all the requests of YJ family. I feel sorry that I neither can answer a number of letters and cards from fans, nor can I meet their requests respectively.

To be honest, I have thought I would give up a number of times. A big management company could have done much better, I thought. But, the reason I am still doing is because there still are people, including Bae Yongjoon himself, who trust me, and because I myself think there remains some parts still improvable.

Q The relationship between Korea and Japan is politically in difficult time. As a person who knows both nations well, what do you think is important in such time?

S It is a difficult question, isn't it? ・・・・

I cannot make a general comment on political issues since there are various interests on those matters. But, I think the exchanges of blames, attacks, or prejudices on an individual level and on a private sector level are, after all, caused by the fear from the ignorance of one's counterpart.

I am thinking that by contacting respective culture such as not only dramas or films, but in other various forms, our vague anxiety over a counterpart will become less and less.

Though it seems to go too far if you have only one illusion Americans are all FRIENDLY. after you watch too many Hollywood movies, I think there still should be more and more cultural exchanges between Japan and Korea

Q In the society in Korea in 90's, one of the things which were dynamically democratized was the production spot of dramas and films.

Mr. Sohn, as well as Mr. Bae Yongjoon, do you have such self-confidence and spirit (mettle) as the leaders who shoulder those industries?

S I didn't participate in the student movement in my university days. My major was French literature and also was in a movie circle, but I once had a quarrel with a senior who declared 'Movies are arms'.

I thought the students who flung stones at the police and the police who suppressed them were both wrong in regard to the target which they should have resisted. I feel it delightful to be concerned in the works of films and dramas, but I myself am not doing such big works as shoulder the industry.

But, I now feel, though it is still far enough, I might possibly praise myself a bit for having coming towards the direction which we have aimed for.

Q Compared with Korea with a big network society, there is a gap between Japan and Korea in the spread of networking. What kind of things do you want to do through network in Japan?

S When I was working for distributing Korean TV dramas at the end of 2001, and at the time when I actually managed to start distribution in a network in spring of 2002, Japanese broadcasting stations still did not think of Korean drama series as an object of broadcasting. That is, the distribution became possible just because it was through network.

Q Mutual understanding possible because of sharing out roots.

S I may have made you misunderstood, but our distribution through network was realized by a tie-up and contract with a Japanese company, and is currently so. As for sales through network, almost every publishing company in Japan is now selling books through network shopping. By the way, many people seem to think IMX has its headquarters in Korea, but in fact, it is a Japanese company established in Tokyo.

Talking of what I would like to do by way of network eventually・・・in fact, I would say I do not necessarily stick to network only. It will be okay to choose any media which are suitable for the contents and users. The network environment itself will change rapidly from now on, and one developed type I now think of is not PC but IPTV service which can enjoy any favorite contents on a big screen whenever you like.

Q In August IMX carried out the enterprise expansion by investment of Softbank and by Mr. Bae Yongjoon. I assume IMX and Bea Yongjoon ssi's eye is turning to Asia. Why is it Asia now?

S As Bea Yongjoon told in his interview, I also think one-sided transmission of culture doesn't last long, and it isn't desirable, either.

For instance, it is not necessarily okay to distribute anything just because Korean dramas are popular at present. I think we share the roots of our culture all over Asia in many respects, and that's why I expect there are works which we can understand and appreciate each other. There still will be more room in culture yet to be developed. I find it a very exciting market. Moreover, it is so resourceful a place as a source of contents.

I regard the wall of national borders will become lower and lower. IMX would like to press on such works as, for example, investing in Thai movie production along with its distribution in Asia, distributing Japanese dramas to PC users who live in the hinterland in China, and so on. I cannot reveal concrete plans at present, but I believe we are aiming to the realization of our simple dream of cultural exchange as a business.

Q What is the originality which IMX set forth compared with other broad contents company in Japan?

S Although there is seldom originality in technical facet for the moment, I think it should be our uniqueness that we treat contents of Asia, and most of our users are female.

Generally, it is common that Asian content is one of many line-ups, but IMX thinks there is enough in Asian things taht we should do as hard as possible. If I dare to say, it might be our uniqueness.

"Prince" and "Bear" He and I hit it off somehow.

Q I observe you and Bae Yongjoon ssi have much tighter bond each other. By the way, how do you see the charm and talent of Bae Yongjoon ssi as a business partner?

S I, who am called 'a BEAR-like', do not have a common feature with Bae Yongjoon, who is called 'a PRINCE', but probably we understand each other somewhere in invisible forms, say, where we both love movies , or we are interested in Asia as well.

He usually reads various books and sometimes makes sharp indications with abundant ideas in mind. When I see him from the viewpoint of the management, I can say he is a wonderful advisor.

Guest tiffany

Finally, it's the day of the bunngae organised by Joon's Family. Tonight, 212 of us will be watching it together at Orchard Cineleisure.

Last night, we spent the time packing the goodie bags and allocating the seats.

Presenting the April Snow Joon's Family goodiebags.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...fgoodiebag1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...fgoodiebag2.jpg

These are what everyone will receive...

The hook is especially from meemee of US

The postcard at the bottom right corner is from White of Joon0829

The badge is from the 0910 bunggae team (Style, Heejin etc)

The rest are produced by JFMT

Enjoy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...jfstandard1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...jfstandard2.jpg

From the JFMT team. (Julia spent many hours screaming and tearing her hair out at the designer/ printer. So please be extra nice to her)

Paperbag- front view

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...jfpaperbag2.jpg

Paperbag- side view

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...jfpaperbag1.jpg

Notebook- front view

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...asjfnotebk1.jpg

Notebook- back view

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...asjfnotebk3.jpg

Notebook- inside view

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...asjfnotebk2.jpg

Postcards

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...jfpostcards.jpg

Many of the fans gave presents to Joons' Family. Unfortunately, there are not enough for everyone, so items, either than the standard items shown above, may vary for different bags.

AS phamlet

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...a/asjfgift1.jpg

AS phamlet

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...a/asjfgift2.jpg

LG brochure

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...a/asjfgift3.jpg

Nanacha mirror, postcard drawings, photo etc

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...a/asjfgift4.jpg

Taster's Choice poster

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/qin...a/asjfgift5.jpg

There are other presents inside the goodie bags which we did not take photos of as there were too many and varied. We have tried to be as fair as possible so please hor, don't come to us and say" I want that xxxx." "Why I don't have that xxxxx?"

JFMT and the helpers tomorrow will not entertain any requests for exchange. But if you buy us a ticket to Korea, we may be able to work out something. Hahahahaha!

Seriously, we are very, very grateful to many of the fans who have given so many things to us willingly and generously. That is and always has been the beauty of BYJ fans.

We would especially like to thank:

0910 bunggae team

Korean fans (can't remember all thier names )

White of Joon0829

Meemee of US

Satovic

Japanese fans (sorry, can't remember some of their names either)

loveyonjoon.com

all the helpers

fans for the support tonight

and most of all:

Bae Yong Joon for bringing us together

And the JFMT team? Let's just say we were biting our fingers, wondering if the items will be in time and will they turn out alright. Otherwise, we will have the wrath of over 200 fans upon us. And we know how angry we can get, right?

We hope you will like the goodie bags and most of all, please enjoy the show tonight.

See you all!

JFMT

Guest frances

Frances, I was told by my friends whom I had dinner with that AS has a poster already in Glorietta Cinemas. I wish that this is already a signal that it'll be shown soon. Likewise, while I was driving around Manila this afternoon I saw banners of CineManila. I read somewhere that some Korean films are included here and if I'm not mistaken 1 is Yong Joon's movie, is it Untold or AS?

hey Liezle, how's your oe chool ? that's good news if AS will finally be shown in the Phils. i'll try to go to Makati and drop by in Glorietta. i hope they will retain the kr audio and the eng sub & not have the film dubbed...i would love the filipino audience to hear the voice of yong joon :P

about cinemanila, its untold scandal that will be featured in its program Asiana presents...korean focus and one of the two opening films of the festival !!

http://www.cinemanila.com.ph/MS_films.htm

Guest frances

Finally, it's the day of the bunngae organised by Joon's Family. Tonight, 212 of us will be watching it together at Orchard Cineleisure.

here's wishing all our Bae sis of JF a great time tonight w/ your date w/ AS & yong joon :) and ladies, try to concentrate on the film & not get distracted by the Man :P

Last night, we spent the time packing the goodie bags and allocating the seats.

Presenting the April Snow Joon's Family goodiebags.

Tiff and the rest of the Sg Baesisters, goodluck to you ladies!

Tiff, is there a way to get hold of the goodiebag? ;) Love 'em!

yon, got your pm. thanks!

sharing this all with you guys. though the the writer didn't give a high point to the film, i still like the way she did the review. likewise, i think that she's expecting too much on the love making scene...sigh.....

1410MVL065_m.jpg

[s'pore]Review by 'TODAY' paper, 14 October 2005

Posted in www.joonsfamily.com

Film Review: April Snow

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

By Jeanine Tan

A touching love story about a relationship less ordinary

THIS is surely one of the more depressing films of the year, although that doesn't necessarily mean it's poor entertainment.

April Snow is filled with so much angst and repressed emotion that you walk out of the cinema with as heavy a heart as Bae Yong-jun and Son Ye-jin — the film's ill-fated lovers.

But maybe that's the whole point of April Snow.

Bae plays In-su, a concert lighting director who one day discovers that his wife has been involved in an accident with another man. That man is the husband of Seo-young (Son).

As the two strangers come to terms with the possibly fatal accident, they discover that their respective spouses were having an affair, which sounds rather similar to the dull Harrison Ford romantic weepie Random Hearts (1999).

"Why don't we have an affair? That will show them," says Seo-young impulsively when she and In-su go to drown their sorrows in drinks.

Soon enough, shared sorrows drive them into each other's arms and they embark upon their guilt-ridden liaison.

Like Random Hearts, the pace of the film is slow — plodding if you're feeling restless — and many scenes are characterised by minimal dialogue.

The leads spend much of the film sitting around, lost in their own thoughts as the camera focuses indulgently on their drawn expressions.

When such minimalist film-making is skillfully done, you indeed feel the pain of this pair of ill-fated lovers trapped in a confusing situation.

But the film occasionally takes a turn for the narcissistic. The much-anticipated love-making scene is overkill, to say the least.

A lot of posing and posturing compensates for the lack of dialogue. In fact, there is everything technical and nothing passionate about the lovers' first night together. (liezle: you think the writer is expecting too much on the lovemaking scene again?)

Yet, the core of the film is deeply romantic.

It never snows in April, but it does for In-su and Seo-young in the film — a symbol of a love less ordinary.

Original article from: http://www.todayonline.com

Guest LeafClover

Hi...Bae Sis...

I am very excited to watch the movies today, seems like having many bees (butterflies) flying inside my stomach already.

:lol::D:P