[drama 2009] Three Brothers / Suspicious Three Brothers 수상한 삼형&#5

Guest C51236

I dont understand why Korean parents tend to push their children into marriage after only 1 blind date. Or as soon as they find out their son/daughter is seeing someone, they'd want to meet the parents right away. The couple hardly know anything about each other - so how can they know if they're compatible?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pitied the wife of the 2nd son very much. I have just watch the EP15 showing how hard her life living in her in laws. I hope she and her family will moved out now that the eldest son will be living with a woman in the same house. Seemingly the woman is having a good rapport with her mother in law. I doubt that it would be an additional burden to her.

Guest lucky_moon

I pitied the wife of the 2nd son very much. I have just watch the EP15 showing how hard her life living in her in laws. I hope she and her family will moved out now that the eldest son will be living with a woman in the same house. Seemingly the woman is having a good rapport with her mother in law. I doubt that it would be an additional burden to her.

Yes, he just left without giving her a score as a woman <_< I think the mother will know the true skin of her new daughter in law when they'll live together & will miss the obeying second daughter in law, since she'll definitely will end up doing all the housework by herself will the new princess living in happiness with her spoiled first son, as well it seems there's a secret hidden behind her new daughter in law, is that person she visited him her ex husband cuz he seemed a foolish keep crying for her & his son, not to mention that the father know him as well & for sure if she went i hidden he'll help him with looking for her :)

let's wait and see what hidden secrets the upcoming Eps will reveal. ;)

Life is different...............

If not, it isn't life.

Of course, everyone doesn't like the mom & 1st son ( & 3rd son's lover).....

I don't take the mom's side, but I still know why she's behavior is like that.

As a mother, she always worries for her sons. Her love seems forward to the 1st son. Why? B/c he is a troublemaker, he isn't stable as his two brothers - no job, no $, no wife. how could she be fine when her 1st son is like that? Ok, I can understand, but the way she treats her sons is too much. In Vietnam, we have a saying: "mother's darlings are but milksop heroes" ===> the same as this mother

The 1st son - a failure man. Maybe he wants to change his life, but what's his motivation? Is it strong enough to encourage him? The way his mom treats him make his motivation decrease straightforward. The way he act is the respond to the life ==> How can he change?.

The 2nd son - a money man. Money is all he care about. At home, he rarely takes care his wife & children. B/c he has too much stress. what stress? He seems feel lack of his mother love ( envy his older brother), He has to solve his wife family's troubles..=> colder person?

The 2nd son's wife - not much to talk about her. She accepted her fate with resignation b/c of her family ( a trouble mom & a trouble bro) ==> Stupid?

The 3rd son - a good man. Nothing to say except that he loves to blind.

The 3rd son's lover - a stupid girl. She lets her ex-boyfriend cheating on her 2 times, then she realize the fact.

The two dads - LOL. They are like Tom&Jerry. How will they solve their trouble? maybe the answer in in the and

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I'm very busy, so I just watch this drama on Friday nights on KBS world. that's my overview after watching some eps. how about u?

I've just watch EP16 and secret of that woman was revealed. She has a son with that prisoner that she had just visited. So her secret is worse than the family of the 2nd son's wife.

I guess the eldest son doesn't know the background of his girlfriend. Anyway, he keep on saying that he does not want to get married. His mother is very fond of that liar woman. She lied even her actual age. She is new to the family but she alredy wants to dominate everybody. I'm very happy when the daughter in law accidentally spills the soup to her.

I really admire Yisang. He is the youngest but he acts as the eldest. He gives advise to his stubborn brothers. One of Yisang's group is handsome also. I guess he is the youngest in the group.

I can't wait for the next episode. Where did Yisang and Eu Song went?

thanks.

WHY??! Why are mothers always represented as being superficial, unappreciative idiots who are such poor judges of character?? This is the one thing I find unbearable in K-dramas. Whether it's true in real life or not--wow, talk about presenting such an ugly stereotype of one's culture. As someone who is non-Korean, I always cringe when I see these horrible K-drama mothers and think: "If that's a real Korean family, I would not want to marry into a Korean family."

Right now, I'm only watching for the third son's "trendy older woman-younger man" couple. They may be rather silly, but compared to the stories of the first brother [a complete jerk who wasted his family's efforts and feels entitled to every privilege despite having never done anything worthwhile--I can never forgive him for giving his suffering younger brother a hard time], and the second brother [mostly a decent guy, but useless as a husband]. The second wife's son is pitiful. If only she could get a backbone and a big splash of courage and grab her kids and leave. But she won't, because this is a K-drama, ugh. As for the first brother's girlfriend--I have no words to describe how irritating she is. Are people really such poor judges of character that they can't even see through her act? And they call her exaggerated whining cute??! Her character is so much older than I am, and yet I would be ashamed to act as childish as she does.

Oh yeah, the dads' chase might be worth tuning in to as well, so I'm still waiting and watching right now.

Guest sondambifan

WHY??! Why are mothers always represented as being superficial, unappreciative idiots who are such poor judges of character?? This is the one thing I find unbearable in K-dramas. Whether it's true in real life or not--wow, talk about presenting such an ugly stereotype of one's culture. As someone who is non-Korean, I always cringe when I see these horrible K-drama mothers and think: "If that's a real Korean family, I would not want to marry into a Korean family."

Right now, I'm only watching for the third son's "trendy older woman-younger man" couple. They may be rather silly, but compared to the stories of the first brother [a complete jerk who wasted his family's efforts and feels entitled to every privilege despite having never done anything worthwhile--I can never forgive him for giving his suffering younger brother a hard time], and the second brother [mostly a decent guy, but useless as a husband]. The second wife's son is pitiful. If only she could get a backbone and a big splash of courage and grab her kids and leave. But she won't, because this is a K-drama, ugh. As for the first brother's girlfriend--I have no words to describe how irritating she is. Are people really such poor judges of character that they can't even see through her act? And they call her exaggerated whining cute??! Her character is so much older than I am, and yet I would be ashamed to act as childish as she does.

Oh yeah, the dads' chase might be worth tuning in to as well, so I'm still waiting and watching right now.

I agree with your analysis 100%...I am also only watching it for the third son's relationship...the storyline is a little silly but it's somewhat fun and the two characters are the only two that I am really interested in. The fathers tie in adds some fun.

I do feel bad for the 2nd son's wife because she is bound by her commitment to her husband and to her own family. A lot of the her suffering comes from the fact that her husband does not stand up for her (contrast that with the 3rd son who is determine to marry the girl that he wants, not who his mom wants). However, the writers are making her suffering way over the top.

The whole angle of the first son and his new wife is complete without interest to me because it is so pitiful. The new wife is so annoying, the first son is so spineless, and the mother is so awful that I can't stand watching any of them.

I rarely post but wanted to add my comment that this story is disappointing compared to other weekend dramas I've watched. I do a lot of fast-forwarding of this story when the other characters are on since I'm only interested in the third son's relationship with the older, yet very immature and fickle woman (who IMO is not worthy of him). I really wish there would be another woman for him to love.

I'm sure something will cause the 2nd son's wife to leave the family. And when the all the deceits of the 1st son's wife are exposed, the mother-in-law will come to appreciate her 2nd daughter-in-law. Perhaps Isang's new chief will be a woman, then she will have some competition.

CUTE GIRL,

I've just watch the EP16 last night wherein Yisang learned from the sister of ES that their father does'nt want her boyfriend to be a police officer. Then suddenly Yisang went to where ES worked then grabbed her hand and take her to what place?

Thanks in advance.

Archived