Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Forums is moving!! Migration is scheduled to begin next Tuesday (US) [more details]

[drama 2008] Powerful Opponents (강적들)

Replies

• fashionistafashionista USAPosts: 5,322Member

IDOL

LOVE: Park Jung Min FT Island, Jo Hyun Jae, Kim Ji Hoon, Chae Rim, Shin Hye Sung, Tim, Brian Joo, BoyFriend
    Fave Shows: White Collar, NCIS, The Mentalist, Hawaii Five-0, Rizzoli & Isles, Body of Proof, Castle, Perception & Criminal Minds
    ·
  • smoon4eversmoon4ever Posts: 66Member
    I'm sorry has this film released yet? I like Chae Rim. I haven't seen her for so long after the news about her divorce .. I can't wait to see her appear again in Powerful Opponent.
    ·
  • linh27linh27 Posts: 300Member
    edited April 2008
    thanks fashionista for the preview and pics. i hope LJW gets the girl.
    ·
  • CindyW88CindyW88 Chicago, USAPosts: 696Friend of Soompi

[News] Choi Ja Hye Performs in “Powerful Opponents”

[MyDaily] 4/5/08

Actress Choi Ja Hye (최자혜), who acted in the recent drama "The Lobbyist" as Song Il Kook's role's younger sister, will perform in KBS2 new drama "Powerful Opponents" as the daughter of the owner of a big financial cooperation.

"Powerful Opponents" portrays the enthusiastic Chungwadae rookie bodyguard Cha Young Jin (played by Chae Rim) and her relationships with the other bodyguard Yoo Gwang Bil (played by Lee Jong Hyuk ) and the President's son Kang Soo Ho (played by Lee Jin Wook).

CJH plays the role Jung Yoo Min (정유민) who works as an administrator of revenue in the President's residence Chungwadea. Jung Yoo Min and the President's son Soo Ho have been friends since childhood and there is a strategic marriage arranged for them. Thus, she becomes the powerful love rival of Cha Young Jin.

Source: http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...1114&ext=na

·
  • cutiepiecutiepie Posts: 2,562Member

ROOKIE

• Happy_DayHappy_Day Posts: 5,323Member

IDOL

edited April 2008
    Oooh, I always thought Lee Jong Hyuk was sexy. I'm glad he's playing the main character in this drama, he always got the perverted evil roles before. But I always felt that he had talent, and he has a strangely charismatic face. image

[Edit]
    Oh wait, is Lee Jong Hyuk the main character, or is it Lee Jin Wook? I hope not, Lee Jin Wook isn't a very good actor!
    Who's the male lead?!
    ·
  • kdramafanusakdramafanusa Posts: 10,043Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited April 2008
  • ompiompi Posts: 220Member
    Thank you kdramafanusa for the press conference links . She is so cute. Keep my finger crossed that the drama is going to be a success. It is so far in between with CR appearance in drama. I love her acting .
    ·
  • wesawesa Posts: 101Member
    Thanks a lot Kdramafanusa for thr press conference link. I pray that this Drama will be a big success.

Chaerim is great is she to deserve it.
    ·
  • KST_CICHLIDKST_CICHLID Posts: 235Member

TRAINEE

edited April 2008
  • CindyW88CindyW88 Chicago, USAPosts: 696Friend of Soompi

KST_CICHLID, thanks for the photos. image

[Photo] The Press Conference of “Powerful Opponent” (4/7)

=======

There are so many photos!! You could see all of them by clicking on:

http://news.search.naver.com/search.naver?...%B8%B2&hw=1

·
  • linh27linh27 Posts: 300Member
    thanks so much CindyW88, cutiepie, kdramafanusa, & KST_CICHLID for all the goodies.
    ·
  • antinh85antinh85 Posts: 1,464Member

IDOL

QUOTE (CindyW88 @ Apr 1 2008, 11:00 PM) »
    [News] Lee Jin Wook states, “Chae Rim is an actress I yearned for since I was a kid.”

[MyDaily] 4/2/08

Lee Jin Wook, who will perform in KBS2 new drama “Powerful Opponents”, talks about his feeling of collaborating with Chae Rim in the drama.

In the drama, LJW plays the President’s son Kang Soo Ho (강수호), who is egotistic, tough outside but was hurt inside, a typical rebellious character.

He played elite roles in his previous dramas such as “Period of Love (aka Alone in Love, 연애시대)”, “Smile Again (스마일 어게인)”, “Someday (썸데이)”, and “Air City ( 에어시티)”. In his latest drama “Before and after (비포&애프터 성형외과)”, he plays a challenging comical role. In this new drama, he once again transforms to play a different character.

In his previous dramas, he collaborated with actresses Son Yeh Jin, Kim Hee Sun, and Choi Ji Woo. He says, “I have been very lucky.” As to this new drama, he will collaborate with Chae Rim. He states, “Especially, Chae Rim is an actress I yearned for since I was a kid. This time, it is like a dream to play her partner in this drama. I am very happy.”

The PD and the script writer of “Powerful Opponents” are Han Joon Suh (한준서, “Capital Scandal”) and Kang Eun Kyung (“Dal Ja’s Spring”, “Hotelier”). The drama will be aired on 4/14.

Source: http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...804021014291112

thank god they are pairing together.. i really like this actor ..i hope they can be a couple in real life... So looking forward to this!!!!!!!!!!kekekekekek
    image<33
    Luvv Chae rim>>Sung yuri>Lee da hae>>Jang Dong Dun>>Lee Dong Gun>Chae Yeon>>Andy>>Eric>>MinWoo>>solbi>>>>yoon kye Sang>>Gong Yoo>>Kang Ji Hwan>> Song Chang Ui>>Chun Jung Myung
    ·

IDOL

edited April 2008
    LOVE: Park Jung Min FT Island, Jo Hyun Jae, Kim Ji Hoon, Chae Rim, Shin Hye Sung, Tim, Brian Joo, BoyFriend
    Fave Shows: White Collar, NCIS, The Mentalist, Hawaii Five-0, Rizzoli & Isles, Body of Proof, Castle, Perception & Criminal Minds
    ·
  • ms_s0calms_s0cal so*calPosts: 49Member
    oooohhhhhhhhhhh i cant wait for this drama...after watching her in dal ja spring...i totally love her!!! i hope the subbing team picks it up to translate!!! please!!! image
    *Life is not just finding yourself but creating yourself*

"I thought, before I met him, I thought I knew everything there was about LOVE.But after I met him... I realized I knew NOTHING about love. Now that I see him leave... I think now I know a little bit about love."
    ·

IDOL

NEW VIDEO CLIP!!!!!!! it's a little over 10 minutes long with a bit of the drama's opening and lots of scenes from the drama. i'm so excited after seeing watching this clip. the drama looks really good.

http://flv.tagstory.com/MEDIA/FLV/20080408/V000180358.flv
    ·
  • cutiepiecutiepie Posts: 2,562Member

ROOKIE

edited April 2008
    ·
  • acemaverickacemaverick Smile! N e World Smiles Wit U SingaporePosts: 422Friend of Soompi

IDOL

i've been away so long i din't even know that the thread has clips!

can't wait for the show to start too! the two female leads look great!

Chae rim esp. i like Choi Jae Hya! so looks so pretty in Lobbyist! one of the reasons that kept me watching. i hope this show will be a great success too.

side point. i think LJW hairdo looks well kinda weird. maybe i'm still in the B&A and Air city era [since his hairstyle looks almost similar, straight cut thing]
    ·
  • monalisamonalisa Posts: 1,133Member

IDOL

I absolutely agree that CJH's very pretty, but she looks too young to be holding such a high profile post. Will she be a nice or bitchy rival to Chae Rim?
    ·