[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

junebugg said: luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: Ok, so I go to dramabay.com. My eyes runs down the list of on-air dramas on the left panel. And Secret Love Affair is no longer one of them...
I have never had to face denial over a drama in my life! Like Ever! I'm not even sure, if I should be embarrassed about this sentiment, or glad that there is one such epochal event in the history of K-drama that could bring about it. Are you going through this too?

Guest junebugg

luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: Ok, so I go to dramabay.com. My eyes runs down the list of on-air dramas on the left panel. And Secret Love Affair is no longer one of them...
I have never had to face denial over a drama in my life! Like Ever! I'm not even sure, if I should be embarrassed about this sentiment, or glad that there is one such epochal event in the history of K-drama that could bring about it. Are you going through this too?

luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: Ok, so I go to dramabay.com. My eyes runs down the list of on-air dramas on the left panel. And Secret Love Affair is no longer one of them...

I have so much to write tonight so I'll split posts
Firstly, I will start with some great insights on Mozart's Rondo in A minor
I think one of the things which make the last scene of ep 16 difficult for me is knowing that the Rondo is such a sad piece of music but with these following insights you will look at it all differently
First of all, this Rondo is the piece of music that the whole series ends in. This is the message that the writer wants to leave us with. Just what is the message?
For pianists, playing Mozart gives one the feeling that you are stripped bare in front of the audience. That's because Mozart's music is clean, clear and neat, and you cant even use the pedal to try to cover up mistakes. Instead, everything from the melody line to the harmony is presented clearly, its draw irreplaceable by shallow technically challenging passages. But this doesnt mean that Mozart's music is simply just bright and clean. His music can express sadness with great depth.
His music is not simply express happiness when he's happy or sadness when he's sad.. just like our lives, sometimes in the midst of joy, there is sadness and in the midst of sadness, there is joy. Remember back to episode 6, when Sun Jae wrote a diary entry when he was a kid? He said that he played a Mozart sonata for the whole day and his mum said that she felt sadness even with the bright melody. Sun Jae said that he felt the same way too - that even in a major key, he felt the feeling of a minor key and that in a minor key, he could feel the feeling of a major key. It's amazing that the writer put all these little bits from the beginning (and in ep 6 too!). Just as Sun Jae felt when he was playing Mozart's piano sonata as a kid, this Rondo in A minor is the same. It may seem sad but it is not sad, there's joy in it too. As Sun Jae plays this everyday, he is not wallowing in sadness but everyday, depending on the day, depending on how he feels, the Rondo will tell a different story. As Sun Jae says, that's Mozart's secret, that's life!
Now this will be easier for people who might have learnt some music before to understand, but I was so so amazed at this observation that I read. The Rondo is in A minor and A minor's key signature? (You can read about what a key signature is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_signature) It doesnt have any flats or sharps! It can be seen to represent simplicity, innocence, cleanliness. A key that isnt 'contaminated' by any flats or sharps. At first when I read this, I was skeptical whether it was just a coincidence. But! What is A minor's relative major? C major right? Look at the pieces by Mozart that we heard in SLA
Ep 2. Mozart sonata K310 in A minorEp 2. 'Twinkle twinkle little star variations C majorEp 5. piano for four hands (with HW) K521 C majorEp 16. K511 Rondo in A minor
Is this a coincidence? No way!!!!!!! (I'm still so amazed by this crazy detail!)
Sun Jae is touching Hye Won every day with these 'clean, clear, simple' notes which represent his heart towards her too. And it is with this heart that plays this Rondo everyday, however he is feeling, whatever the circumstances. 
And this is not only for Sun Jae and Hye Won. Dami, Justin, even ajumma from downstairs are touched and affected by this pure, simple music and heart of Sun jae. 
And this is the last piece of music from SLA we are left with. A simple, pure, infectious heart that transpasses all cirucmstances and emotions that life might throw at you. Some days might be worse than others but you never know what the Rondo might be like tomorrow. What comfort and hope!

luvhollandlop

said:

cecilia

said: read a super insightful post on dc today as to why Sj might have said 10 yrs instead of forever during his prison visit.. and its way more romantic than u can think!! The clue is is during thd hongdae scene in ep 15!!!! haha i feel ive been released of the lasy inkling of sadness from the ending lol i will be writing a very long post tonight i guess haha

junebugg said: luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: Ok, so I go to dramabay.com. My eyes runs down the list of on-air dramas on the left panel. And Secret Love Affair is no longer one of them...

chingulinka said: luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: Ok, so I go to dramabay.com. My eyes runs down the list of on-air dramas on the left panel. And Secret Love Affair is no longer one of them...

Guest junebugg

luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: Ok, so I go to dramabay.com. My eyes runs down the list of on-air dramas on the left panel. And Secret Love Affair is no longer one of them...

Guest dualnon

slalove said: chingulinka said:The guy is putting on a brave face. That's why he is joking and behaving like it's a matter-of-fact meeting. But you can see in between the smiles there is the sadness in his eyes and his expression changes to a concerned and sad one for a moment before going back to the smiles. And in the almost last photos you can see he is wiping a tear. Somebody talked about that, I think it was @seungshini when she was translating the script and she said that the wiping of the tear is not from the script, but an ad lib which was done by the decision of the actor. He is laughing through tears - what a strong emotional guy! I can't help but love him even more!
Going to real life - I don't know how you behave if you go to visit an elderly person, or a sick person in hospital, or somebody in jail, or in a similar situation. I think if I go to a person in such a situation I would want to start crying for them, but I would actually hold it in. Instead I would put on a brave face and start to cheer them up. If I start crying that's not going to help the person. They need encouragement, maybe even a joke to take their mind off the bad situation. That's what SJ is doing. He is still being true to himself, but he is also trying to be strong for HW's sake. He has grown to be a man, he is not a baby anymore. He is there to support his woman. I'm sure he would love to be able to just take her out of there and protect her like in the mahjong case, but this is not possible - this is jail, he can't even hug her. It's difficult for him, but he holds in his tears, because that's the best he can do for her now.  If she sees him sad she is going to be even sadder. The guy loves her dearly and said he would wait for her. He also confirmed it double, because we heard his inner thoughts! He is thinking about her every day and loves her - we know he is sincere and doesnt lie when he talks, but even more - we hear his thoughts - and people don't lie in their thoughts. This is the ultimate proof that he is sincere.
actually chingulinka, i dont even think that.  i just think that they see themselves as a couple now - they are together.  i see a couple that is confident in each others' love and is able to be honest and realistic about that love too.  there is no guesswork in what they say - there is no need for extraordinary declarations or acts to 'prove' how they feel to the other.  they KNOW how they feel about each other - they are crazy for each other.  thats why he says so easily that she is his home. she doesnt scoff at that. he doesnt need to convince her much. she easily believes this is what he wants and she trusts he will do it.  he says he is not going to leave and she accepts. no need for dramatics now.  they fully love and understand each other.  
PEOPLE!!!! SEE IT LAAAAAAA hehehehehe

cecilia said: I have so much to write tonight so I'll split posts
I think one of the things which make the last scene of ep 16 difficult for me is knowing that the Rondo is such a sad piece of music but with these following insights you will look at it all differently
First of all, this Rondo is the piece of music that the whole series ends in. This is the message that the writer wants to leave us with. Just what is the message?
For pianists, playing Mozart gives one the feeling that you are stripped bare in front of the audience. That's because Mozart's music is clean, clear and neat, and you can use the pedal to try to cover up mistakes. Instead, everything from the melody line to the harmony is presented clearly, its draw irreplaceable by shallow technically challenging passages. But this doesnt mean that Mozart's music is simply just bright and clean. His music can express sadness with great depth.
His music is not simply express happiness when he's happy or sadness when he's sad.. just like our lives, sometimes in the midst of joy, there is sadness and in the midst of sadness, there is joy. Remember back to episode 6, when Sun Jae wrote a diary entry when he was a kid? He said that he played a Mozart sonata for the whole day and his mum said that she felt sadness even with the bright melody. Sun Jae said that he felt the same way too - that even in a major key, he felt the feeling of a minor key and that in a minor key, he could feel the feeling of a major key. It's amazing that the writer put all these little bits from the beginning (and in ep 6 too!). Just as Sun Jae felt when he was playing Mozart's piano sonata as a kid, this Rondo in A minor is the same. It may seem sad but it is not sad, there's joy in it too. As Sun Jae plays this everyday, he is not wallowing in sadness but everyday, depending on the day, depending on how he feels, the Rondo will tell a different story. As Sun Jae says, that's Mozart's secret, that's life!
Now this will be easier for people who might have learnt some music before to understand, but I was so so amazed at this observation that I read. The Rondo is in A minor and A minor's key signature? (You can read about what a key signature is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_signature) It doesnt have any flats or sharps! It can be seen to represent simplicity, innocence, cleanliness. A key that isnt 'contaminated' by any flats or sharps. At first when I read this, I was skeptical whether it was just a coincidence. But! What is A minor's relative major? C major right? Look at the pieces by Mozart that we heard in SLA
Ep 2. Mozart sonata K310 in A minorEp 2. 'Twinkle twinkle little star variations C majorEp 5. piano for four hands (with HW) K521 C majorEp 16. K511 Rondo in A minor
Is this a coincidence? No way!!!!!!! (I'm still so amazed by this crazy detail!)
Sun Jae is touching Hye Won every day with these 'clean, clear, simple' notes which represent his heart towards her too. And it is with this heart that plays this Rondo everyday, however he is feeling, whatever the circumstances. 
And this is not only for Sun Jae and Hye Won. Dami, Justin, even ajumma from downstairs are touched and affected by this pure, simple music and heart of Sun jae. 
And this is the last piece of music from SLA we are left with. A simple, pure, infectious heart that transpasses all cirucmstances and emotions that life might throw at you. Some days might be worse than others but you never know what the Rondo might be like tomorrow. What comfort and hope!

cecilia said: I have so much to write tonight so I'll split posts
For pianists, playing Mozart gives one the feeling that you are stripped bare in front of the audience. That's because Mozart's music is clean, clear and neat, and you can use the pedal to try to cover up mistakes. Instead, everything from the melody line to the harmony is presented clearly, its draw irreplaceable by shallow technically challenging passages. But this doesnt mean that Mozart's music is simply just bright and clean. His music can express sadness with great depth.

Guest dualnon

Just had a horrible thought.  What if a US production company does a remake.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/markets-festivals/u-s-tv-producers-in-bigger-hunt-for-overseas-series-to-remake-1201152931/

Turn on the TV on any given day and you’re likely to be watching a scripted series borne of a foreign country and reformatted for an American audience. From Showtime’s “Shameless” — a revamp of a British series — and “Homeland” — which originated as the popular Israeli skein “Prisoners of War” — to Fox’s recent reconditioning of Peter Duncan’s Aussie legal drama “Rake,” American programming is truly the product of a global show swap. And while influential remakes of British hits “Sanford and Son” and “All in the Family” were breaking down smallscreen barriers long before “The Office” landed on American soil, today’s ever-expanding TV industry is on a fiendish hunt for overseas series in a way it never has before.

cecilia

said:

no no it's not about the ending... kind of hard to explain but korean fandom is extremely sensitive and paranoid to alot of things. The promotion team tried to promote the dvd on the Fashion King gallery but things got out of hand when they made a promotional poster that only had Kim Hee Ae's photo on it. Things escalated totally out of control when the promotional team 'tried' to fix the problem and tried to apologise. But apologies were not seen to be apologies and the fix was seen to be an insincere effort. Then when people start fighting, it just gets worse and worse and it's not even just about the original problem anymore. But anyway, I do see people continuing to try to set up a new promotion/management team as the previous team all withdrew (they were pretty much forced to). In Korea, you cant get a dcut dvd with a team of people because dcut dvds are fan requested dvds, everything happens because production companies, tv stations etc continue to communicate and negotiate with fan representatives. All details such as contents, gifts, deadlines etc are all negotiated in this way. There is no other way, unless somehow you come up with a petition of a ridiculous number, maybe 5000? (i'm just making a number up for arguments sake) But yes every single dcut i've heard in Korea goes through this same process of negotiation... so I guess we'll just see what happens

junebugg said:

luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: luvhollandlop said: junebugg said: Ok, so I go to dramabay.com. My eyes runs down the list of on-air dramas on the left panel. And Secret Love Affair is no longer one of them...