[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest jjsweeter0211

@freshspring Thanks a lot >:D<
While waiting for new episodes, here are some cotton candy for everyone ;)) :*
tumblr_mj3c26JtVY1s79wjro1_500.pngtumblr_mj229vtRnq1s70wdyo1_500.jpgtumblr_mj20a9N91U1rr737jo1_400.jpgtumblr_mj1q929GqC1rgqoq4o1_500.jpgtumblr_mj3kbvzysS1rr0eobo1_500.jpg
cr pics to original source

Guest sunshine4ever

I just wanted to share some of my thoughts for episodes 6-7.

But before that I am going to share two captures I took from the ending of episode 3 where Oh Soo saw Oh Young's video diary for the first time. :) He was smiling so much. Gosh. Seriously, when I was watching it I was crying my heart out, but he's enjoying watching her from the video! It makes me think differently about Oh Soo. What if Oh Soo wasn't raised up as an orphan? What if Oh Soo (the tree) really have a sister like Oh Soo (protection)? How will Soo's life turn out to be? He probably not end up being a conman or a gambler.
29awuva.jpgawlua.jpg

Oppa's first kiss
2r6lhyg.jpg353bnyo.jpg
At the beginning when I read the description of this drama, I didn't think that Young's relationship with her brother can be so touching and so sweet. But when I got to know her more and her brother more. I felt like I am glad to be able to get to know her in this way...that she didn't have to explain her story or say anything about her brother, but we can see that she had a very strong relationship with her brother. Her brother used to kiss her when she was little and bought cotton candy for her. So for me I felt like Youngie really loved her brother because he seemed to pamper her a lot. He spoiled her so much and the experience she had with him was extremely wonderful. Just to imagine, too, how her brother still persisted in writing letters to her even though her dad/mom might not have approved of it? Then I tried to understand the little 6-year-old Youngie who had a brother who loved her so much, but because of her mom & dad's divorce she had to part from him. From the video in episode 7 where Young was talking to the video and said that her brother will punish Secretary Wang for bullying her, I started to imagine how life must have been for her for the past 21 years. I don't think she had a good life because after her mom and brother left, she probably never really opened herself to SW and her dad and she did have a lonely life. Additionally, she also did not have go through that transition of seeing your brother growing up from ages 7-27, so I think she missed out the parts where there was a time when your brother will fall in love with a girl. Your brother might care for another girl more than her and etc. She must missed out a whole bunch of things from childhood, teenage age, and even young adult age with her brother. I think it is understandable if she acted like she was a still a six-year-old to him.

So I think that was why she said she was selfish when she lost her eyesight and really just wanted Oh Soo to herself, but for me in reality I think she didn't understand any of those processes. But then again I would like to know if she also learned this from her friends? How many friends does she have? That is also my concern though, but from the experience doesn't seem like she understands the detachment process of letting your brother go so that he can be with another woman because eventually he will have to get marry and she will have to get married. I found that Soo was very angry at her because she didn't know how to treat her brother and see him as a man, but at the same time I think that he was saying so because he was a "man" after all to her despite faking as her brother. So of course he has to protect himself lol except that he was always so soft-hearted towards her because he would stay next to her as requested since she wouldn't want to close up her window. Anyway, he said she can't use his hand as pillow, but the morning after he was wrapping her up in his arm. ^^

21kfojq.jpg2dbuez4.jpg
^Umm, I've noticed that Oh Soo had always been really intense with his facial expressions with a lot of people around him. Yes, that's why Oh Young said that sometimes he's warm to her and sometimes snapped at her suddenly. However, I have to say despite her resisting him from prior episodes, but after couple of times that he saved her and supposedly proved that he was her brother, she had lessen her tenseness and was always smiling at him. And I think he also smiled in some scenes where she was smiling.

294tr1s.jpgpulvs.jpg
^Really like this scene because she told him that she had her first kiss, but Soo said he was her first kiss. Haha. And then she told him to hold her hands and he did. I think as he got to know Youngie, he had become a lot different. I would have to say he smiled more and he was a lot more "touchy" the way she was always so touchy around him.

I think she made him feel very special while everyone else made him feel unspecial throughout episodes 6-7 because I saw a lot of images of JS's dad still not liking him because of what he did to them in the past. Basically what I got from it is that he is considered "trash" or at least that was what OS had in mind about himself---that from the beginning until now he was born "trash" (dumped under a tree or thrown away or unwanted) and he had lived like "trash" since then, but then Oh Young said that he had a good scent and it had nothing to do with what he wore. I don't know either, but I think not only did Oh Young smelled goodness in Oh Soo, but she also brought goodness out of him. In prior message I wrote last week of him and said that he was transforming into someone else a little different from what he used to be and in episodes 6-7, it had a lot more transformations also because he actually cried in front of her due to what she said.

I think Oh Young's going to be very influential to Oh Soo later on as she is now because she had a different reflection of life than other people around her. She had a very good relationship with her brother and even though Oh Soo might seem like a "fake" to her because of his desire to get her money; however, I think he had become more like her oppa as he kept watching her videos (the word oppa can be used to address older male who is not your brother, too and I think I'm starting to think that he is that kind of oppa now because if her brother is alive, he would introduce her to Soo anyway and she'll probably call him "oppa" too anyway, right?). And towards near the end of episode 7 after seeing her conversation about how her disease was misdiagnosed on the video, he wanted her to get her eyesight back because he was so touched by what she said about her brother coming back to protect her and/or punish Secretary Wang. I think Young was also very similar to Soo at this moment because people on her side also gave her pressure. Plus Myung Ho's mom and dad seemed to be rejecting Young because she was blind, so it gave her a very bad image and really hurt her self-esteem. She also felt insecure because if she got her eyesight back, Soo will leave her in the process of finding a cure? However, it seemed like towards the end of episode 7, Soo spoke a big volume to me in showing that even though he faked to be her brother, he had become so much like a brother to her. I think that was the effects of the videos he saw in the green house.

I couldn't understand why Oh Young totally ignored Hee Sun's and Lawyer Jang's warning about Soo. Maybe because she trusted Soo enough with her sense of smell---she trusted her instincts/guts more than words other people told her? Maybe she could make judgement/sense that Soo will not harm her in anyway. I think it makes a lot of sense because many times she repetitively wanted to die, but he always ended up either saving her and/or told her to stay away from dying. Like the scene they were in the secret garden/green house together, he asked her about the medicine/pill. She told him she didn't take it and for him to not worry. We can see that he really cared about her even though he didn't say so himself or realized it himself. 

Some of the scenes below show that Oh Soo is very special to Oh Young.
27xpksl.jpg2mg179f.jpg
^she waited for him and even asked him here where he was...she even offered to meet up with him...gosh..why do I feel like she's a wife waiting for her husband to come home instead in this scene. lol.

3498aj4.jpg2eqf7s6.jpg
^ I like the way he ran to get to the intersection that he was telling her to meet him and then the way she walked towards there. And then there was a group of people who made him feel scared because he was afraid they would ran over her. But then I think he admired her even more here just like he admired her in the video that he saw (when she was saying that when SW bullied her, her brother will punish if he found out). I really think after watching that video, Soo saw that Youngie is a very strong girl who tried to survive despite all odds. Even though she was a blind girl, but she was a very strong person who persevered and would not give up on living without her omma and oppa. But the point is right now she wanted to die, so I think he really wanted to change that perspective of hers? And/or maybe he wanted to know why. Anyway, seriously I'm just speculating, but if I were him, I think I would do whatever it takes to keep this girl live given the fact that she was alive for the past 21 years without her brother/mom whom she loved so dearly.

On to what Soo was saying about Young's fiance...about him not being fun...hehe...I think Young also thought that her "oppa" is a lot more fun than the fiance. If we looked at the scene Young and Myung Ho was out after the movie and sitting at the bar, if Young wasn't blind...and she could see herself, but she pretended not to be able to see? What did she see? I mean even if she couldn't see, she would still sense that Myung Ho was rude to her by the way he sat there texting while she was sharing herself on their date. Or the way she talked yet he wasn't responding. When she was with Soo it was different. He described to her the movie they watched and he let her eat candy! :) And then she would ask him a lot of questions about where he was and who he met. I think Oh Soo & Oh Young had some good quality times together whenever they were together. Plus even though Oh Soo was out to get money like Myung Ho, he was a lot more genuine in showing his kindness than MH who was always concentrating on something else other than Young.

11tts1h.jpg10mvkon.jpg
^Love this scene. But at the same time this scene made me wonder how long had it been since Young had this wonderful experience of being able to go outdoor and had some fun since the last time she lost her brother? Was this one few times that she was able to have so much fun as a blind girl? I like Soo's kiss on Young's forehead. I think it's great that he didn't kiss her while she was drunk, but rather waited for a good opportunity to do it. But even so, at that scene I don't think he even know that he was kissing her. I think he was naturally really attracted to her that was why he turned over to kiss her forehead.

But then the forehead for me represent something very pure....something honest...something in public for others to see. ^^ Kekeke. And yes, maybe he'll love her first as her brother and then, I don't know, he might really love her very much as a man later. And then he wouldn't be the Soo that is a tree that was trashed, but a tree that is claimed and wanted by Oh Young. And most definitely this tree exists to protect and love Oh Young.

I have more thoughts to share, but gosh, I wrote so much. I'm so thankful for reading my post. Have a wonderful week ahead of you, Windblowers.

Guest sunshine4ever

Hello Windblowers and @freshspring, I edited my post above and put back the text I wrote. ^^

@jjsweeter0211, like Oh Young, I also like cotton candy very much. And I am also about her age, so, kekeke....still love cotton candy as an adult. :) Keke. Thanks for sharing the sweetness.

^ @sunshine4ever, your comment is great. Earlier, when I want to find it again in order to continue reading, I didn't understand where it is =))
Thanks you so much :x

After seeing this pic again , I wish Song Hye Kyo would wear wedding dress in TWTWB :*
3320132166413.jpg

Guest naliem

i hope unnie will finally find the right man for her very soon
so that she can wear that dress beautifully walking  down the aisle,
daebakkk!!!

Guest spideysteve

sunshine4ever said: At the beginning when I read the description of this drama, I didn't think that Young's relationship with her brother can be so touching and so sweet. But when I got to know her more and her brother more. I felt like I am glad to be able to get to know her in this way...that she didn't have to explain her story or say anything about her brother, but we can see that she had a very strong relationship with her brother. Her brother used to kiss her when she was little and bought cotton candy for her. So for me I felt like Youngie really loved her brother because he seemed to pamper her a lot. He spoiled her so much and the experience she had with him was extremely wonderful. Just to imagine, too, how her brother still persisted in writing letters to her even though her dad/mom might not have approved of it? Then I tried to understand the little 6-year-old Youngie who had a brother who loved her so much, but because of her mom & dad's divorce she had to part from him. From the video in episode 7 where Young was talking to the video and said that her brother will punish Secretary Wang for bullying her, I started to imagine how life must have been for her for the past 21 years. I don't think she had a good life because after her mom and brother left, she probably never really opened herself to SW and her dad and she did have a lonely life. Additionally, she also did not have go through that transition of seeing your brother growing up from ages 7-27, so I think she missed out the parts where there was a time when your brother will fall in love with a girl. Your brother might care for another girl more than her and etc. She must missed out a whole bunch of things from childhood, teenage age, and even young adult age with her brother. I think it is understandable if she acted like she was a still a six-year-old to him.

SHG look so gorgeous in that wedding dress^

that trip they took was my favorite part of that episode, i thought Oh soo's kiss was unexpected but so pure aand honest as if at that moment he didnt care who was around and who was watching, JIS is doing such an awesome job portraying his character, two thumbs up!!

can't wait for the next episode!! i hope she finds out soon they're not related so they can act lovey dovey all they want ;)

class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; font-size: 27px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“That Winter, The Wind Blows” Kim Bum, The Definition of a Mankb_zpsc3832083.png

Kim Bum showed what a man should be like in his role in the drama "That Winter, The Wind Blows."

On the 6th episode of the SBS drama "That Winter, The Wind Blows" that aired February 27, Kim Bum threw away his adorable wannabe-cool image and made his viewers fall in love with him by revealing his manly side. Many viewers were touched by him when he remained loyal instead of acting irrationally out of the moment as he usually does.

In the past episode, Moon Hee Sun (Jung Eun Ji) became furious because Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) had forgotten about the anniversary of the day her sister passed away. To express how angry she was, Moon Hee Sun set up a meeting with Oh Young (Song Hye Kyo) and told her that the brother that recently showed up is a cheater and a thief. Then, Oh Soo showed up and slapped Moon Hee Sun.

Park Jin Sung is secretly crushing on Moon Hee Sun, who is currently in love with another man. After Park Jin Sung is angry after seeing Moon Hee Sun get slapped, he remains silent and goes to his mother's restaurant. Oh Soo goes after him but Park Jin Sung says, "I'm just a pushover to both you and Hee Sun" and turns away.

Later, Jo Moo Cheol (Kim Tae Woo) informs Park Jin Sung that Oh Soo has poison in his possession. Shocked, Park Jin Sung tells Oh Soo not to kill Oh Young but just rob her safe.

Also, Park Jin Sung says, "I was on your side when you sold my dad's cow and took the money to play games and I never resented you even when you made my mom go in and out of the police station for getting into fights. Even though I am always on your side, I'm not going to let you kill a person" while holding back tears.

Park Jin Sung ignores his broken heart and remains loyal to Oh Soo who is like a real brother to him. Many viewers felt heartbroken and touched by his loyalty for Oh Soo.

People in the online community responded with comments like, "Park Jin Sung is a tru man", "Watching Kim Bum holding back tears like that makes me feel the same way", "A man who puts loyalty before love. Such a man" and "Kim Bum is such a good actor!"

Meanwhile, Kim Bum is proving to be one of the most impressive young actors in the industry in his role as Park Jin Sung in "That Wind, The Wind Blows." 

cr. :kdramastars.com

Kim bum needs some love too... :D

Guest ziimblu

On preview for ep 8 -
 Did you guys see how he smiled?  OMG!! (After their chat at the balcony) 
Did you see how he tilted his head?  How he sort of, absent-mindedly, broke into this silly smile?     OMG!!! 
Even if I didn't understand a  thing, I knew his smile meant more than whatever verbal exchange they were having! 
 Am I so   glad these smiles, these twinkling & tantalizing eyes speak of something which hearts can construe better than words.  
I can almost feel the energy released  from that  smile - so engulfing it can bridge the east to the west!!!!   Aiiiisssh, see what love can do.....or undo!
Oh yes, man,  am I so glad this stuff, this heart stuff, is  universal....spoken from the heart, taken by the heart, no word needed, no eng sub needed.......
No, at this point, no, nothing can come between Oh Soo's heart...and ours! 

:x

Guest ziimblu

It has come to this...  The only trouble with Jo In-Sung is - He will leave my heart longing for more. Worse, he will leave it orphaned until he does another drama/film (after a year?). 
Hyun Bin must intervene. Lee Seung Gi too. Otherwise, I will go nuts.
 aigoooo..... =((