[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Of course, It’s Noh Hee Kyeung! ‘That Winter’ Script Already Finished 

[OSEN=Reporter Yoon Ga Lee] It’s not just writer Noh Hee Kyeung for nothing. Her wits as a star writer and extraordinary power of writing makes us look forward to the project’s ending.

It has became known that the script for the SBS drama, That Winter, The Wind Blows, is now completed. That Winter, which is scheduled for 16 episodes, has now aired up to episode 7. This week, as the development of the middle phase begins, it is expected to build climax, and writer Noh, who has already finished the script up to the final 16th episode, is in the midst of working on the finishing touches.

‘An official for That Winter spoke with OSEN on the afternoon of March 4th, “The script up to episode 16 has been completed. On the actors’ side, they have only been delivered [the script] to episode 15. Once again, the expectations for the power of writer Noh’s writing will not disappoint. Her speed, of course, boasts the same gem-like perfection. I hope you look forward to it.”

201303041709777397_513457e8a4eab.jpg

The official also said, "Currently, filming for episode 12 has been completed, and as far as I know, episode 13 will begin filming this week. It is not that filming is being divided by Team A and Team B, but rather, even though Director Kim Kyu Tae is conducting all of the filming alone, he is already ahead by a large amount."

Like in this case where the script and schedule are going smoothly, the completion of the drama is bound to be guaranteed. It is not just that the actors are able to read the full script in advance and in turn be able to pull off their best acting, but also because the production crew will not be pressed for time with filming and editing, which leaves the ball in their court."

In regards to this, an official for the broadcasting company analyzed it by stating, "The reason <em>That Winter</em> can receive equally high praise for the top-notch script, extraordinary directing, and the actors' flawless acting is mainly attributed to the thorough work of the production crew and actors, and team work."

mailto:issue@osen.co.kr

Source: http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109551342

Translated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net

Guest bibidep

@Ziimblu:   I like your thought but I have a request.   What happen to the kiss???  The whole drama with no kiss???  I want to see how Mr. JIS and Ms. SHK kiss.  :))      Like those mature people kiss or like OY at age 6 and OS at age 8 hahahah.   

Wow, so the script for the whole 16 Episodes were done.  Hihihi but the Episode 16 script is still in the writer's hand.   The actors and actress still don't know how it will end.  Hopefully some of the rumor or news of the ending will come out when they finish the filming.

Guest ziimblu

@bibidep -  Thanks....Oh, about the kiss, yes, I would like a good kiss in any drama.  But, I'm always at a loss for words. Hmmm, let me think of a real good kiss.... **thinking**** Aiiiisssh, why do I think of such words as backseat, nape, grope, neck... 
I recall now the Late Autumn kiss (tangwei/HBin), I also think of the fridge kiss (tk2h), I think of the rooftop kiss (CHunter) & lots of other kisses Kdrama has enjoyed, including the forced kisses of In Sung on Ji Won in WHIB. [Oh, just to stress, no, I wasn't thinking of "Frozen Flower" love scenes, Hee :-)] 
S and Y in TWTWB must have their own signature kiss as well, right?!  Ahh, I am not so imaginative in this area. Maybe one of us here can suggest? Anyone? Signature kiss for TWTWB?

ziimblu said: @bibidep -  Thanks....Oh, about the kiss, yes, I would like a good kiss in any drama.  But, I'm always at a loss for words. Hmmm, let me think of a real good kiss.... **thinking**** Aiiiisssh, why do I think of such words as backseat, nape, grope, neck... 
I recall now the Late Autumn kiss (tangwei/HBin), I also think of the fridge kiss (tk2h), I think of the rooftop kiss (CHunter) & lots of other kisses Kdrama has enjoyed, including the forced kisses of In Sung on Ji Won in WHIB. [Oh, just to stress, no, I wasn't thinking of "Frozen Flower" love scenes, Hee :-)] 
S and Y in TWTWB must have their own signature kiss as well, right?!  Ahh, I am not so imaginative in this area. Maybe one of us here can suggest? Anyone? Signature kiss for TWTWB?

Guest ziimblu

@ZarraJae - yeah, was actually thinking of the cotton candy
so, hmmm, just to be graphic, they will eat the candy from opposite sides until their lips/mouth lock...
I was thinking of them eating the candy, without having to use their hands, you know, like onscreen we only see this ball of cotton candy & their face/mouth eating the candy.
But, gosh, I am having trouble thinking of the "web" candy that will cover their faces (assuming no hands are shown, just close ups, mouth, face, cotton candy)
Aieesshhh, am thinking too much here :-)

@ziimblu Oops, I knew I wasn't using the correct term. Must be one of those brain freeze moment (knocks on my own head). Yep, cotton candy 's the right word :D Haha,it's gonna be a real messy kiss without hands but ahhhhh..more fun to lick it with (oops, censor that- imagination running overtime). Wednesday is all but only 3 minutes away ...yay \:D/ \:D/

Guest guadi

Ahhhhh....so excited for tomorrow's episode \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

This show has weird effects on me; when I watch it, I'm usually too caught up by the pretty and sometimes forgetting to read the lines :P It just dawns on me that I actually have not taken the time to look at each side character closely. Anyways, these are my rambling thoughts (might not make any sense)

The overarching theme that I can come up for these characters is the constant escape and/or re-visit to and from the past. It keeps oscillating back and forth like a pendulum. 

-Secretary Wang: I know she's evil. There's no way to deny that, because a good person does not purposely make a little girl go blind. But I'm struggling to hate her completely. There is just something about her thoughts and demeanor that sometimes make me pause to think about her side of the story. I guess what struck me the most about Secretary Wang is her loneliness; almost mirrors the loneliness that Youngie feels. When Secretary Wang said about that moment when Youngie called her Ahjumma while holding her arms, her life suddenly transformed. Was she being genuine? I find her character fascinating. One thing that is clear to me, Secretary Wang wants to escape from her past the moment she set foot in the Oh household.

-Moo-chul is the opposite of Secretary Wang. He seems so reluctant to let go of his past, and it is one that is intrinsically intertwined with Soo. His past as we see is filled with both moments of sadness and happiness. He's holding onto a memory of Hee-jun, but that memory also includes Soo. Thus, he's desperately wanting to erase Soo out of that picture. 

-Hee-sun is sort of like the in-between figure, trying to keep the memory of her sister, which is the reason for her attachment to Soo. But at times, I feel that she's living in the present, wanting to make her own memories with Oh Soo. Maybe, her end goal is to escape from the shadow of her sister; to make something of her own. Right now, she's just stuck in between that two extremes. Sometimes, I do find Hee-sun to be a bit irritating. With jealousy and rashness in her actions, there's only a certain amount of sympathy a viewer can give to a character written that way. 

Also, I've noticed that PD-nim really likes to shoot through mirror reflection of these characters. I don't have screen caps of those scenes with me, but there have been quiet a few of them throughout. Just find it's interesting. Not sure what the reason behind this technique, maybe it looks cooler aesthetically or it is meant for viewers to figuratively observe these characters through that reflective lens. Most of these mirror images are usually shown in more suspenseful or contemplative scenes like where Soo hides in the glass house, or  where Young and Soo talk in his room in episode 5. I'm still trying interpret why the PD does that. 

Another thing I've noticed is the wind-chime. I really love the symbolism behind it. According to eastern tradition, the sound of wind chimes is a symbol of peacefulness and serenity. Windchimes can be found in temples to rid evil spirits and keep worshipers alert. In this drama, I like that Young needs to hear the sound of wind chimes to sooth her. In a way, that bell ringing in the wind becomes a personification of her brother. And object of comfort that Young has been yearning for all these years.

One last note, joining in the discussion about Writer Noh. I haven't seen her other works, but heard a lot glowing reviews on her writing. She has a way of writing to show the inner thoughts of humanity. If you like that conversation between Soo and Young about comfort and forgiveness, you might like this essay written by Noh Hee-kyung translated by Dahee. :D

Sorry this a bit longer than I want it to be. I love this show :x

Guest sunshine4ever

Hello Windblowers,

I just saw a reminder from @lyra_brillantez in another thread, so I would like to post this information in case some of us didn't read the rules in post 1. But please do not post any streaming sites and/or soft subs sites that are NOT from Viki, DramaFever, and Showboom, but use their subs due to legal issues.

Taken from post 1. Note that I got these rules from moderator.
07. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread .

I don't think I have written a message here before about this, but I learned from I Miss You thread and Five Fingers thread that Viki's, DramaFever's, and Showboom's subs are protected by laws thus we cannot link any soft subs sites or streaming sites that have them but are not licensed to distribute them.

I think dramacrazy.net used Viki's subs and is not licensed to do so. Please do not link websites such as those. If you do, I will have to write you a note and if you do not edit your post then I will have to refer you to a moderator. (Actually, I'll just ask a moderator about it and if he/she thinks it is not legal, he or she will then edit your post).

Thank you very much for keeping Soompi safe. ^:)^

Guest sunshine4ever

@ziimblu, I hope you will write more. How come they met again in one year, but no kiss? Only a hug? lol. I just read the post after your post @bibidep asked the same question as I did. Haha.

I like the recent report about how TWTWB had almost finished filming, but at the same time I feel sad because that means the cast won't be with us when we finished our drama? Aww, I hope they get invited to some variety shows together so I can see more of them.

Guest bibidep

ZarraJae said: 'scream' 'scream' I just saw on TV that JIS is appearing on the GoShow on One TVAsia on the 7th. 'scream 'scream' He looks so gorgeous 'faints'

@jojo13 - I was all happy reading all the posts since I was last here until you had to mention it's only Tuesday.  :-w Now I'm depressed again.  

tumblr_m3gghpArla1qeag2d.gif

@Tarits - You and @CherKell got to meet up? OMG, I'm so jeelus! I miss both of you posting so I'm really happy you're watching this one! >:D< OFF TOPIC: did you hear Ji Hoon might be doing a new movie? *squeal* :D
@sunshine4ever - I'm going to re-watch all the earlier episodes on DF too since the subs were excellent on EP 6 & 7.  :-bd
@utkim - No, I decided I would stop baking cakes until I have a tall, handsome man behind me slopping frosting on my face. [-( So I'm on strike, not doing any baking. NO MORE CAKES! 
How am I 6 pages behind again? *rushes back to reading* 

tumblr_md3yu33rZX1r1hkzj.gif

Guest sunshine4ever

Here is a good music video with English song relating to TRUST.

I didn't really watch all of the videos in our thread due to time constraint, so I'm sorry if it was posted before.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/HbupMiF2fBE/

credits to Baidu

Question for some of you, but I found this at Jo In Sung's Baidu and this is a different angle of the forehead kiss. Umm, did they shoot it differently or it's just me? I went to rewatch the scene and I only saw him kissing her from the side towards her hair. This capture below was from episode 7's ending's still and it looked like he kissed her from the center. Any ideas?

2v8ray9.jpg

-EDIT-
Okay, I rewatched the ending of episode 7 just now and found out that this is a still. I demand that Hyundai logo be taken out! In the actual scene, he kissed her from the side not from the center like this still. Or maybe he did it so quickly? Anyone want to rewatch and confirm with me, please? Thanks. :)

35bh8x3.jpg

Some calendars from Jo In Sung Baidu. Credits to original DC and/or authors of these calendars.
Please click on spoiler tags for the rest of the calendars. They're big so I just put them inside spoiler tag.

2myqbs1.jpg
n6vy8z.jpg
65d4ky.jpg

2cn8kys.jpg
23r9836.jpg
2ajrwau.jpg
2uf4wo4.jpg

-edit again-
I took out the logo.

1zg8d5e.jpg

@sutcliff - I noticed that too. *sigh* I could never date a man who has a smaller butt than me. And JIS's butt is tiny.  =)) WHAT? *looks around* Don't pretend you all haven't been looking at his butt too!  :-w [-(
Something to read while we wait for tomorrow - our latest recap:
http://couchkimchi.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/that-winter-the-wind-blows-recap-ep-7/

Enjoy!