Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Replies

• Janie SimplyJanie Simply Posts: 1,516Member
    edited August 2009
    QUOTE (jastinel @ Aug 13 2009, 08:40 PM) »
    I can`t begin or end my day without dropping by, I love to read than to write cause I`m not good at it.
    It`s like coming home and the members of my family has something new to discuss about their day.
    I don`t want this to end!

Lets consider that Thundie is BB or GH and Samsooki is Shin Mi Rae, we can clearly see the difference, right! Both are intelligent people but with different perspective. Of course, I`m with SMR all the way!

I chuckled so much reading your last paragraph... it's just SO funny image

Hi jastinel, who say you are not good at writing.... you are so good with words. Every post you made is so encouraging and sincere and from the bottom of your heart and I always find delight in reading them and I mean it from the bottom of my heart image

I always remember your quote on your beloved SMR sth like "she has turned from an ugly duckling into a swan and transformed into a princess" sth like that and I thought that was so priceless! As I am following the BON subbed of CH in line with the CH recap and we are in epi 11 I kept asking myself eagerly hmm... has she turned into a swan yet...has she and keep anticipating it... image

~~

by the way, since "to each his own" on drama taste... just wondering if anyone has read Thundie's rant on the following. It's very entertaining read... she even mentioned CSW KSW... & oh even Rambutan, Dramabeans etc post their comments too...^ ^ This is how she begins...

Six degrees of separation: What kind of K-drama viewer are you?

A trip to the video store got me thinking: What sets me apart from that woman near me who’s also browsing the Korean Dramas section?

Look at me. I recognize most of the titles in that section. I even know which are second or third releases because the covers are different. When approached by a sales assistant, I smile beatifically and reply, “It’s okay, I’m just looking.”

That woman near me, on the other hand, seems completely lost. It’s like she’s looking at a parade of ants; how can she tell them apart? She listens attentively as the sales assistant sings the praises of Cruel Love: “This one is very good. See, Kwon Sang-woo!”
    The cashier doesn’t know it, but the customers standing in line to pay for their Korean dramas are all different. We may look like the same species, but I assure you we are each cut from a different cloth. After more than six years of “study,” allow me to present to you the six degrees separating us from each other. See if you can recognize yourself...

Read on image

http://thundie.wordpress.com/2009/06/02/si...viewer-are-you/
  • GuMiGuMi Inju CityPosts: 80Member
    edited August 2009
    QUOTE (Denali @ Aug 13 2009, 09:23 PM) »
    @ alodia : from your first message, it looks like Yoon Chae Rin portrayed young SMR, but nowhere did we see a scene with her. Was wondering why. My idea: as we all know that JG and SMR grew up in the same city and are only 3 years apart, could it be that the scriptwriter had thought of having JG and SMR's first meeting at an early age, but changed it in the end?

We did see her. she appeared in the first episode :

MR voice over : "In our lifetime, how many times do we become victims of political scheming?" And after that we get a few examples, the first one shows MR as a child [played by Yoon Chae Rin] walking with her parents and being asked who does she love more. And in true MR style she replys :"Do I have to choose?"
  • etee7114etee7114 Posts: 493Member
    edited August 2009
    QUOTE (szeying89 @ Aug 14 2009, 10:58 AM) »
    Some news on Cityhall/CSW

The reporter ask him about which actor or director does he appreciate. He reply that recently, he had watch In the Mood for Love again. He feels that Tony Leung is a great actor and he has good foresight in his selection of his work.

Thanks, szeying...for the post and translation. OK, this one's got me out of my lurking mode again.

My dear CSW, why are you watching "In the Mood for Love" AGAIN? Tsk, tsk. Wasn't that a movie about some illicit love affair that went on and on and on for years? The acting by both leads was really good (Tony Leung and Maggie Cheung, if I recall), but I found the movie tooo draggy. Till this day, I'm not sure if some scenes were censored by our local Board of Censorship, because I thought some parts were too choppy.

Anyway, the only memorable thing about that movie was Maggie Cheung's body hugging cheongsams (long mandarin collared, high slit dress). And she had a new one on in every change of scene...close to every frame.

Hate to mention it here, but does anyone know in which episode of Friends, Our Legend did CSW cameo in?

Oh.oh..oh...before I forget...the other day..I day-dreamed about CSW's next movie. The title was "A Day with My Wife, Saving My Son". Female lead? KSA of course. Hopefully he gets my hint. Yeah, I know. His next movie out in late September? is "Saving My Wife". Then after that, it's ??? Clouds??? Escaping???? with HJH. Sorry, forgot the title.

OK, I think you guys get the picture. The recaps, by Samsooki and co. are casting some spells on me. image
  • sueyipsueyip Posts: 3,589Member

IDOL

at the end of the day, i love MNIKSS and Cityhall. i love kim sun ah. i love hyun bin. i especially now love cha seung won. aja aja fighting!

I ditto that.
  • *alodia**alodia* ? Dia ? ??....??....^^ PhilippinesPosts: 4,038Member

IDOL

Finally our internet provider fixed their lines already. Was having a bad connection these past few days.
    Just when i was getting back on track... now i'm lost again and a lot of backreads to make.
    Thanks for always keeping the thread alive.
    I must thank thundie too, I haven't read the previous posts but i can tell most of them are in reference to thundie's review, right?

QUOTE (janie-hunnie @ Aug 14 2009, 09:17 AM) »
    alodia, I read from earlier post that you wrote a comparison of Philippine Shin Mi-Rae vs Inju Shin Mirae... could you tell me which page is it on 'cos I'm eager to read it, thanks image

Here it is my dear: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...&p=14178464

back to backreading.....

wait wait wait! Taiwan? does it require a tourist visa? omo omo! need to start saving....
    001.gif002.gif
    Get I Do I Do English Subtitles from: B.O.N F u n S u b s © ~ Band Of Nuts F u n S u b s (HanRel version)
    We are still recruting Korean-English Translators for I Do I Do.
    If you are interested please send me a message or email me at alodia4448@yahoo.com
    ★ ★ ★ UPDATES AND USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT I DO I DO ON PAGE 4 ★ ★ ★
  • szeying89szeying89 SingaporePosts: 1,075Member

IDOL

I think Taiwanese Fans are sooooooooo lucky...
    Every time, when there is a release of Korea drama in Taiwan,
    the stars will always travel to Taiwan to promote the series.
    Whereas in my country (Singapore), it is soooooooooo rare
    to see a Korean star coming to Singapore to promote their series.

IDOL

@szeying89
    and NEVER have they set foot in the Philippines... >.< (hmm... was it ldg who was here years ago? i think he was the only one who promoted a drama - sweet 18... reporters go to Korea to interview them.. but they stopped doing that after Jewel In The Palace. Some kstars went here to shoot a movie, a drama, an MV, a pictorial - secretly image Oh! Sandara! Sandara is here now - vacationing... haha)
    001.gif002.gif
    Get I Do I Do English Subtitles from: B.O.N F u n S u b s © ~ Band Of Nuts F u n S u b s (HanRel version)
    If you are interested please send me a message or email me at alodia4448@yahoo.com
  • szeying89szeying89 SingaporePosts: 1,075Member

IDOL

edited August 2009
    @alodia

I can only recall the following who came to SG : SHG,Hyun Bin (heard his manager was unfriendly),
    Que Sara Sara Cast (Eric and so on), Kim Jae Won (he also sneak into SG), Eugene, KSW, LYA and
    BYJ, LMJ. But, I don't recall any of them who came to SG to promote drama or rather they are either
    came to SG for shooting drama or to be a brand spokesman or to promote products.

Seriously hoping, there will be coming to invite them into our country or into Philippines or to other
    countries where they did not frequent much to promote drama.
    I ALWAYS heard them going to Taiwan to promote drama, I wonder if they know that there are also
    fans of the drama in other countries other than Taiwan?
  • elleyelley laplandPosts: 612Member

IDOL

Finally I'm starting watching this drama...at first I don't like it but later on at episode2
    I'm now laughing image watching this drama it so cute...it so funny. I don't feel bored watching
    the best....It made my day wonderful. image
  • sam2006sam2006 Posts: 45Member
    From DC via krdrama.com
  • sam2006sam2006 Posts: 45Member
    QUOTE (epyc @ Aug 13 2009, 11:39 AM) »
    The CH review by Thundie is interesting. Most of her issues were discussed in detail by City Hallers in this thread, such as MR being a third party, JW's crimes etc, but I can't see the parallel to the ending of Lover in Paris. CH gives the 'completeness' that I didn't see in other dramas and I don't think I have been fooled by the writer. It is in fact the opposite, I feel CH is an intelligent drama that respects its viewers with room for us to stretch our imagination. Honestly, I am yet to see a loophole-free kdrama. Give me a City Hall drama anyday - I can watch it again and again (than continuing the cliche-laden Brilliant Legacy, Thundie's recent favorite). Feel free to throw me eggs and tomatoes!!

I bet U. CH is really intelligent and completeness. It is the best script from writer Kim, I do watch her other dramas before. CH is my favorite work too.
  • Janie SimplyJanie Simply Posts: 1,516Member
    edited August 2009
    At first I thought the clip of young CSW up there that Maz's posted was RSW image

alodia, thanks for the link... will definitely read it later today image

p.s. while browsing through LBH's thread last week, I noticed your posting previous siggy with sth Philippine SMR Cory Aquino etc... I was pretty touched and when I found out yesterday that you wrote a comparison of them two, I was eager to read it, thanks!
  • sirena1712sirena1712 Posts: 123Member
    edited August 2009
    QUOTE (szeying89 @ Aug 14 2009, 08:10 AM) »
    @alodia

I can only recall the following who came to SG : SHG,Hyun Bin (heard his manager was unfriendly),
    Que Sara Sara Cast (Eric and so on), Kim Jae Won (he also sneak into SG), Eugene, KSW, LYA and
    BYJ, LMJ. But, I don't recall any of them who came to SG to promote drama or rather they are either
    came to SG for shooting drama or to be a brand spokesman or to promote products.

Seriously hoping, there will be coming to invite them into our country or into Philippines or to other
    countries where they did not frequent much to promote drama.
    I ALWAYS heard them going to Taiwan to promote drama, I wonder if they know that there are also
    fans of the drama in other countries other than Taiwan?

Yeah, I envy those taiwanese fans, they are so lucky, LBH came to SG to promote Beautiful Days, RSW came for leisure, during the RX car racing held here.
  • antisocialnotantisocialnot SeoulPosts: 494Member

IDOL

QUOTE (mzpakipot @ Aug 14 2009, 11:06 AM) »
    Hello City Hallers!

The Korean City Hallers are having an event. I wonder if some of the Cast and Crew will join them. Can't wait to see some pictures from their event!> *envious*

ebrigid & myself will be attending the event. will update u guys once its over! image

IDOL

edited August 2009
    QUOTE (antisocialnot @ Aug 15 2009, 03:06 AM) »
    ebrigid & myself will be attending the event. will update u guys once its over! image

You too???! Then, I officially hate you as well.... kidding!
    You both enjoy the event tomorrow... and we will be looking forward to your updates, ok?
    *i heard they have some really nice souvenirs for the event later*

QUOTE (ekangaroo @ Jul 2 2009, 11:44 PM) »
    I wanted to see Mirae's mom's reaction when she found out that JOGUK was her daughter's husband image

Mirae never told her mom she liked him... right? I think it would have been really cheerful for a mother whos been trying to marry off her 36 year old daughter.

Have been wondering about this for ages too... mom's reaction... and i wonder where is omma at the night of the proposal... could gukie bribed her to go somewhere else to give them privacy? sigh... i'll forever be wondering...

mark: done page 252

When my internet was down, I managed to make this image
    CITY HALL MV: You told me you love me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8bl-BaKNo

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1iadcd
    001.gif002.gif

IDOL

CITY HALL Director's Cut DVD - Pre-Payment

FOLLOW-UP ANSWERS
    After making the payment, it will appear as "Paygate" on your credit card receipt.

The separate delivery fee for those living out of China or Hongkong, the delivery fee will be confirmed after the size and weight of the DVD are finalized.

Many of you were worried about whether Innolife is trustworthy or not. Innolife was ranked 2nd or 3rd in Japan as an international online shopping website. So you don't need to worry about the website being unreliable.
    001.gif002.gif
  • ChristyKimChristyKim Southern CaliforniaPosts: 30Member
    Hello everyone,

I'm a lurker, and I just spent several hours skimming 100+ pages of this thread (after having checked various other sites and forums) -- in hopes that someone had mentioned the title to the upbeat, piano instrumental piece that started airing since the end of episode 14. The same instrumental was used in another kdrama called "Lovers," but it wasn't on the OST for that drama either...

My hand is cramping from scrolling and clicking so much, and I'm starting to see doubles. If anyone could share the title, and if possible, provide a link to download the file, I'll be forever grateful!!!

Here's the link to the last part of episode 17, so you know which instrumental I'm talking about... (skip ahead to 7:18) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGduuTnm6tA

Thanks in advance,
    Christy
  • xx|outsider|xxxx|outsider|xx Posts: 1,143Member
    The most romantic proposal in kdrama just yet...

(note: thx Bon Fansubs for the hardsub)
    Get BBF ~:Ringtones:~ here
    nikai cafe - A place where i share my thoughts on things that interest me...
  • Bijan630Bijan630 Bronx NYPosts: 625Member

IDOL

I have been watching this drama since it's on SBS in my area. I could no longer take waiting a week to watch the episode, so I decided to watch it on line. I saved the last two episodes for tonight.

It has been such a long time since I've seen such chemistry between an actor and actress. Cha Seung Won and Kim Sun Ah have turned me back into a crying fool. In the beginning, I thought of this as a silly, cute comedy, but when a relationship actually started to develop between these two, I realized that this will be another drama I will regret having to come to an end.

That man is gorgeous! I stare at his eyes, his rugged features which show maturity, and that long, slender body. I had to laugh when he said he was called, Daddy Long Legs. I love the fact the Kim Sun Ah was able to penetrate his arrogant, non-challant attitude and become a part of his heart.

I also love how he taught her how to be a woman. Okay, I'm getting myself stirred up here and it's time for me to finish this off and cry for the night.

What a wonderful romance to follow in a Korean drama. Dramas like this grabbed my heart many years ago, and I haven't been able to watch regular programming in years!
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent........Eleanor Roosevelt
    A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own........Latin Proverb
  • sueyipsueyip Posts: 3,589Member

IDOL

edited August 2009
    Yes, do agree with you that this is indeed the best proposal that I've seen
    so far, xx|outsider|xx. Just love the romantic ambience too.
    And his words, gosh, it moved Mirae to tears (such great acting .... it's
    like real ,,,,, wow). And the sweet kisses. Wonder how many times they
    were kissing for this scene??? Beautiful gifs done, xx|outsider|xx.
    Thank you for sharing.