[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Guest *alodia*

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kimsunah_64.jpg

Kim Sun-ah’s long-awaited drama comeback (last year’s When Night Comes) wasn’t the hit it was hoped to be, but now she’s lining up her next drama project: City Hall.

The SBS drama plans to air on Wednesdays and Thursdays with a premiere date of April 22, and while a rep from the broadcast station says that the contract is not finalized, all signs look good for Kim as the female lead. Her leading man has not yet been decided, but singer-actor Ryu Shi-won of Wedding is the foremost contender (which, meh).

Kim’s management stated that of all the possible projects that have come her way, City Hall is the one she is looking at most favorably. The character she would play is a woman who starts as a secretary in local government who works her way up to mayor. The male lead was raised by a single mother and grows up to successfully pass both the civil service and law exams.

On the upside, I’d be happy to see Kim Sun-ah on television again. On the downside, I don’t really care for the writer-PD combo: Kim Eun-sook and Shin Woo-chul, both of On Air and Lovers in Paris. (Although my opinion is in the minority here, since those were popular dramas.)

source:DRAMABEANS

Guest jastinel

From all the comments that I`ve read about RSW, it made me think that, may be his not the right leading man for Suna. Not that I don`t like him, but they say his boring and I agree on that. I watched video clips of him, singing, acting, interviews and there is no *kilig* factor. But who knows, may be I will learn to like him also, just like LDG.

But if people dislike him as early as now to be Suna`s leading man, I think SBS should replace him. I like Jo Han Sun to get the role. Oh my, this thing worries me. I want the best for Suna, I hope SBS will take good care of her.

Haven't seen him in any shows but comments were not too

good about him but as usual, Suna will bring out the best in

any guys, right? Look at HB and LDG ..... let's give him a

chance. Do hope that things will work out well and the drama

will be a great great success.

From all the comments that I`ve read about RSW, it made me think that, may be his not the right leading man for Suna. Not that I don`t like him, but they say his boring and I agree on that. I watched video clips of him, singing, acting, interviews and there is no *kilig* factor. But who knows, may be I will learn to like him also, just like LDG.

But if people dislike him as early as now to be Suna`s leading man, I think SBS should replace him. I like Jo Han Sun to get the role. Oh my, this thing worries me. I want the best for Suna, I hope SBS will take good care of her.

ohhh... i thought i was the only one thinking along this line... :ph34r:

i agreed with you.. i am not exactly interested in RSW... his acting is.. well.. not my cup of tea... but who knows... his acting may have improved since...

anyway, still excited cos i like KSA.. :blush:

Guest huangsy

I think we should stop bashing the male lead, Ryu Si Won.

After all, he was cast first in this drama, so when KSA accepted the offer, she knows who her male lead would be already.

Guest jastinel

Quote:sonam (Dramabeans)

I wish they’d cast a hot guy like _____. She really looks good with hot guys. That’s her magic. She makes it all so believable.

I like what she said...very true!

But I also want to see her with older men, like with JJH, JDG.

Quote:Sueyip

Suna will bring out the best in

any guys, right?

Yes, I agree! Who knows may be I will learn to love him.

Haven't seen him in any shows but comments were not too

good about him but as usual, Suna will bring out the best in

any guys, right? Look at HB and LDG ..... let's give him a

chance. Do hope that things will work out well and the drama

will be a great great success.

..,actually when i first heard the news i was really excited because

of SUNA but after seeing who's gonna be her lead actor i have this awkward

feeling towards RSW because im still hooked on KSA-LDG tandem but after

reading jastinel's post about "Forever Yours" and RSW was older than SUNA

feeling of excitement was all over me just can't wait to see how their chemistry will

work for this drama...and just like what sueyip said SUNA has this magic when

it comes to her love interest in a drama...

Guest run_lola_run

I really enjoyed RSW in that one japanese police drama he was in with Nakama Yukie 2 years ago. I haven't seen any of his k-dramas though. I can't wait to see what the chemistry between him and KSA will be like. This should be interesting, yup yup.

Guest teikkym

After all, he was cast first in this drama, so when KSA accepted the offer, she knows who her male lead would be already.

Yes, I totally agree.

Out of respect for the artistes, let's only critque the drama, the plot, the setting or the characters.

'To Each His Own', afterall, RSW is the 1st to be cast, KSA knows well in advance who her leading man is.

Any versatile actor or actress is able to adapt.

Guest StiLLThinking

I'm a fan of both and am glad KSA agreed to act along RSW ...I'm sure they'll compliment each other and.. KSA has ability to bring out the best of her leading man.

Guest redzone85

I really like Kim Suna with her personality and talent to boot. But the major downside that gives me enough reason to overlook this drama is Ryu Si Won i never liked him years before and even now. His just too gentle and that reeks of low confidence (his acting is too obvious too).

Him alone gives me enough reason to overlook this drama. I am a guy in early 20's and i quite enjoy all romantic type of drama, but i dont think i can enjoy this one... i am not a fan of him. Dont want to give him a chance either.

Is it too late to change main man lead? :( i am so disappointed!@

Fair enough, but i think the 'friend' factor played a part in all of this.

I dont see them acting together.... different personalities

Guest avonmarissa

Good Lord. it's getting a tad bit frustrating. Let's all wait for the drama to air and observe the performance of the actors/actresses before we render our individual judgment. I think it's fair to give the cast members a chance.

Guest bujhitapexoxa89

wow :o i am really really happy with this new drama

heheh i was praying that Sunny will come back soon hehe and she did ^^

thanks huangsy and my sisters (alodia, jastinel welcom back hohoho, kim joyan, fiona, mzpakipot) for the information xD heheh i didn't really need to search in other site because here is everything

oh KIM SUNA WITH RYU SI WON yeahh i really need to watch it....... so we have to wait until april :S i think i can't wait too much time

Guest *alodia*

I'm getting curious about this drama mainly because of RSW. Looking forward to other casts and what's the story like..

Merry Christmas to everyone...

Hi!

I noticed you've posted this message last year my dear... So you must be really happy knowing it's Suna, huh?

---------------------------------

Come on guys, especially Kim Sun Ah's fans, why are you all worried about Ryu Si Won?

Honestly, I haven't watched any of his previous works aside from "Forever Yours" and I don't want to judge an actor's abilities based on a drama aired 11 years ago - as much as I don't want people judging Kim Sun Ah as well based on her works ages ago.

The more that I don't want to judge an actor based on other people's comments - as much as I don't want people to judge Kim Sun Ah based on what other people say.

And I thought you guys should be the ones to know Suna well among anyone else. Did she ever fail us, even once, ever? Aren't you confident with the what-we-call "Kim Sun Ah magic" amongst her leading men? Isn't it that we agreed that every actor; young, old, good-looking, ordinary looking, famous, newbie, looks totally good beside her?

The idea of Ryu Si Won and Kim Sun Ah not looking good together doesn't even crossed my mind. I trust Suna well enough to disregard other people's comments. I'm even excited to see how their chemistry will blossom. And how Suna will bring out the best in Si Won.

We must also consider the fact that this is not only Kim Sun Ah's thread alone. There are fans of Si Won here, who's as happy as us for this drama, that would feel bad. It was Si Won who was first casted on this drama in the first place. Isn't it unfair for him? Plus the fact that this drama hasn't even started yet makes it more unfair. And though I believe - to each its own, I would definitely feel bad if someone will say "I don't like Kim Sun Ah for this drama. I hope they replace the female lead. Is it too late to replace the female lead?" - Ouch isn't it?

I bet you will all be swooning over Ryu Si Won months from now, just like how you swoon over KSA-Hyun Bin, KSA-Gong Yoo, KSA-Lee Dong Gun, KSA-Lee Joo-Hyun, KSA-Rain, KSA-Jung Joon-Hoo... the list is endless. I'd be glad to welcome Si Won on my list.

What I'm concerned more at the moment is the fact that it's still not 100% sure for Suna. We've had a fair share of disappointments here and there over the past few years, I was too happy with this news that I'd be devastated if something will go wrong along the way. Although based on Yedang Entertainment's comments, it looks like it only needs some formalities and it's almost a YES from them and KSA. But not until we hear directly from Yedang (and Suna), not until the script reading, not until the first filming day, not until the premiere on April 22 will my heart be fully settled.

So let's just keep our fingers crossed... and wish everybody luck! ^_^

EDIT: thanks to huangsy and sueyip for the updates today, wonder if it's going to be a love triangle among KSA, RSW and LHC

Guest *alodia*

^ I really love KSA's Chinese fans! That's how they gave us a preview of KSA-LDG tandem last year. They are doing it again. Thanks for the photoshopped banner. I find them lovely together...

Archived