[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Guest *alodia*

^ I really love KSA's Chinese fans! That's how they gave us a preview of KSA-LDG tandem last year. They are doing it again. Thanks for the photoshopped banner. I find them lovely together...

Yes, they do look so good together here. All the best

to the drama. Read that Japan is already interested

to buy that. Wow! Suna ..... do your best!

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jastinel

Quote: Alodia

Come on guys, especially Kim Sun Ah's fans, why are you all worried about Ryu Si Won?

Ouch...those rotten eggs hurts :excl: :wacko::crazy:

The first time I knew that it was RSW who will work with Suna, I have nothing against him. I even said that...KSA and RSW are awesome pair. I don`t know why after reading all those comments about him, I got frustrated. In a way, I`m wrong cause I judged him from the feedback I got. I didn`t even realize that his the first one casted in this drama. I got carried away by my emotion.

Did she ever fail us, even once, ever? Aren't you confident with the what-we-call "Kim Sun Ah magic" amongst her leading men? Isn't it that we agreed that every actor; young, old, good-looking, ordinary looking, famous, newbie, looks totally good beside her?

I agree, she never failed.

I hope there is something about RSW, that I would love.

With LDG, I fell in love with his voice.

I would definitely feel bad if someone will say "I don't like Kim Sun Ah for this drama. I hope they replace the female lead. Is it too late to replace the female lead?" - Ouch isn't it?

Yeah, It would hurt me more...

RSW fans....I`m Sorry! :blush:

May be I should know him better...

May be a fan of him can tell us his good qualities...

Anyone here?

I think we should trust the writer-director team up. Esp the writer, she's damn good. A writer with darn lot of creditable projects on hand, she has produced many memorable on screen couples with her writing, regardless of their age, appearances and whatnot. I believe she will make the RSW and KSA couple memorable - just like how she made me fall head over heels for LSJ-KJE in Lovers, the Park Yong Ha-Song Yun Ah/ Lee Bum Soo-Kim Ha Neul tandem in On Air.. I just know that, so far for me, she has not been a disappointment. ^^

Weee, so excited. I'm so happy to look forward to a new drama Suna is making.

To be honest, I wasn't too thrilled with the match, but whattaheck! I'm sure this team-up is gonna work just fine.

Suna Unnie, fighting!!!

Guest winniesuzette

well for me rsw is not a bad pick to pair with ksa, i have watched some of rsw series, he may not be as good as kwong sang woo but hes a good actor, for me he have satisfied me with all his series, so im looking forward to a good series with two good actors in the lead, lets just support them!

Guest *alodia*

Ouch...those rotten eggs hurts :excl: :wacko::crazy:

Sorry Unnie, I'm not aiming directly at you... I'm talking in general here.

Let's be happy for our Sunny. I'm really really excited... I can't wait till april.

(hey Unnie, last year When It's At Night premiered on your birthday, this year City Hall will be like a belated birthday gift for me!)

I think we should trust the writer-director team up. Esp the writer, she's damn good. A writer with darn lot of creditable projects on hand, she has produced many memorable on screen couples with her writing, regardless of their age, appearances and whatnot. I believe she will make the RSW and KSA couple memorable - just like how she made me fall head over heels for LSJ-KJE in Lovers, the Park Yong Ha-Song Yun Ah/ Lee Bum Soo-Kim Ha Neul tandem in On Air.. I just know that, so far for me, she has not been a disappointment. ^^

Lovers In Paris is not my cup of tea, but I must say it was good and well-written (i just feel it's too long). If there's something I really love in Lovers In Paris, it was the ice cream scene of Tae Young and uhmm what's Park Shin Yan's name there? Anyway, that heart-wrenching sweet scene was unforgettable. So I'll be looking forward to such scenes again from the writer-PD combo. I wasn't able to finish Lovers because my bestfriend took her dvd back before I finish watching. First 3 episodes we ok. Still not my cup of tea. But my bestfriend is head over heels to KJE and LSJ scenes. (omo! I remember the love scene! Ok I'm more excited now than ever! hahaha). I'll try to continue watching Lovers and I wish I can find the time to watch On Air soon.

+++++++++++++++

NEWS:

류시원-김선아, SBS '시티홀'서 첫 연인 호흡

SOURCE: SPN E-Daily

Feb 03, 2009

pp09020300034fh3.jpg

[이데일리 SPN 장서윤기자] 류시원과 김선아가 오는 4월 22일 첫방송하는 SBS 수목 미니시리즈 '시티홀'(극본 김은숙, 연출 신우철, 제작 예인문화)을 통해 첫 연기호흡을 맞출 것으로 보인다.

류시원이 '시티홀'로 KBS2TV '웨딩' 이후 4년만에 안방극장 복귀를 확정지은 데 이어 김선아가 이 드라마의 여주인공 역에 유력하게 거론되고 있는 것.

김 선아의 소속사인 예당엔터테인먼트의 한 관계자는 3일 이데일리SPN과의 전화통화에서 "작품 출연에 대해 긍정적으로 검토중"이라며 김선아의 출연 가능성이 높음을 시사했다. 이로써 두 사람은 TV 드라마에서 첫 연인 호흡을 선보일 것으로 기대를 모으고 있다.

한 편, '시티홀'은 사시와 행시에 모두 합격한 후 대통령의 꿈을 안고 사는 천재관료 조국(류시원 분)과 엉뚱 발랄한 성격으로 10급 공무원에서 최연소 시장이 되는 신미래(김선아 분)의 에피소드를 중심으로 한 경쾌한 로맨스물로 '파리의 연인' '온에어'의 김은숙 작가-신우철 PD가 다시 한번 의기투합한 작품으로 화제를 모으고 있다.

------------------

---> I think we have the character's names on this article.

Kim Sun Ah as 신미래 (Shin Mi Rae)

Ryu Si Won as 조국 (Jo Guk)

EDIT:

I think this is the English translation of the article above.

(plus the blogger's personal comments)

Kim sun-ah to star in New SBS drama City Hall in April

SOURCE: Korean Drama

February 3, 2009

Kim sun-ah is expected to co-star with Ryu si-won in a new SBS drama “City Hall” to be aired on April 22. This is the first time they appear in the same drama.

For Kim sun-ah, this is comeback in 6 months after the last drama “When its’ at night”. For Ryu si-won, it has been much long rest of 4 years since the drama “Wedding”.

“City Hall” will be a romance drama about Shin mi-rae, a girl who turns from low-grade govenment clerk to a youngest Mayor (Kim sun-ah) and Jo guk, a young elite government official dreaming of becoming the president, after passing all the difficult license tests.

Even the names of the charcters hint at the comical mood of the drama. Jo juk means homeland - showing that the hero will have a great- maybe megalomaniac - ambition of doing something big for his country - and Shin mi-rae means New Future - looks like Kim sun-ah will be this time again an optimistic girl as in “My name is Kim Sam Soon”.

The writer, Kim eun-sook and the director, Shin woo-chul of the drama already made togher successful dramas like “Lovers in Paris” and “On air”. Another reason to expect something good from the drama.

source: e-daily

---> NOTE: It's not their first time together. But yeah, first time to be paired together.

========

If Cain & Abel will have 20episodes, then this drama might start on April 29th.

Guest bujhitapexoxa89

oh thanks alodia for the names from the drama i really like Sunny's one (Shin mi-rae) "NEW FUTURE"

so our dear Sunny will be a strong girl ^^ so nice

@alodia

^^ so goog you made us to think before we write or say something here or in Sunny's thread about City Hall¡s new drama

I really don't know about Ryu Si Won too much but i just think He is a good actor and also a good singer

and it really didn't cross my mind any moment to change him I think Si won and Suna will do it really well

they will work very hard to not dissapoint all their fans ^__________________^

*And I thought you guys should be the ones to know Suna well among anyone else. Did she ever fail us, even once, ever? Aren't you confident with the what-we-call "Kim Sun Ah magic" amongst her leading men? Isn't it that we agreed that every actor; young, old, good-looking, ordinary looking, famous, newbie, looks totally good beside her?

Of course Sunny'd never fail us never so I really believe in her magic she always give her best with each thing she does or did and about her co starts wow i don't know if we have to call magic or is herself but She always looks very well with them so Ryu Si Won won't be an exception ^^

*We must also consider the fact that this is not only Kim Sun Ah's thread alone. There are fans of Si Won here, who's as happy as us for this drama, that would feel bad. It was Si Won who was first casted on this drama in the first place. Isn't it unfair for him? Plus the fact that this drama hasn't even started yet makes it more unfair. And though I believe - to each its own, I would definitely feel bad if someone will say "I don't like Kim Sun Ah for this drama. I hope they replace the female lead. Is it too late to replace the female lead?" - Ouch isn't it?

I bet you will all be swooning over Ryu Si Won months from now, just like how you swoon over KSA-Hyun Bin, KSA-Gong Yoo, KSA-Lee Dong Gun, KSA-Lee Joo-Hyun, KSA-Rain, KSA-Jung Joon-Hoo... the list is endless. I'd be glad to welcome Si Won on my list.

yeah I totally agree with you ^^ aha when Sunny agree to work in this project she already know that him was there so there's nothing to be scared just be possitive and pray for them ^^ that this drama will be a great chance for Sunny to win an award this year,don't you think girls????

oh no i can't even think that it will be very very sad if that happens you know how we felt when Rain's fans wrote some bad comments :S i really was upset so never... I want to see what will be the love story inside the drama haha apart from all the things

Will Sunny get married in the drama or what more ?? hahaha i'm thinking about that

sisters what are your expectations?????

*What I'm concerned more at the moment is the fact that it's still not 100% sure for Suna. We've had a fair share of disappointments here and there over the past few years, I was too happy with this news that I'd be devastated if something will go wrong along the way. Although based on Yedang Entertainment's comments, it looks like it only needs some formalities and it's almost a YES from them and KSA. But not until we hear directly from Yedang (and Suna), not until the script reading, not until the first filming day, not until the premiere on April 22 will my heart be fully settled.

So let's just keep our fingers crossed... and wish everybody luck! ?

Oh i didn't know that :o that is true sis yeahhh you're right i don't want to feel the same this year no just don't think about that let's think what Sunny wrote some days ago SHE WILL COME BACK SOON WITH A NICE PROJECT SO LET'S THINK THAT IS CITY HALL ^v^

yeah i will keep my finger crossed and also i will pray to see this project start on soon

Guest jastinel

Hi does anyone here has the link to RSW thread here in soompi?

I need to know more about him, I can`t find his thread.

I saw some clip from his drama Wedding...no comment! :ph34r::rolleyes:

Guest bujhitapexoxa89

Oh hi everyone i was yesterday at Ryu Si Won's thread here I really like all the information on the 1 page ^^

he has really nice pics ^^ thanks sis mzpakipot for the video clip ^_________^ hehe yeah you're right hohoho

he is a good kisser :D...........Now i want to watch the drama (Wedding), I enjoy his concert a lot from 2005 and 2006

Guest *alodia*

>

I actually like RSW in "Wedding", and I think he is a good kisser. hahaha! I hope KSA and RSW will have plenty of those scenes! hahaha! also, I hope they will do some singing, maybe a duet (like KBS and HCH). LOL

Wedding Kiss 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqcn2iDyOEk

Thanks for the video clip!

I always enjoyed Kim Sun Ah's on-screen kisses so I was never worried about that. But seeing Si Won's kissing scenes plus memories of sweet scenes from previous dramas of our writer-PD tandem left me squealing with delight here.

I can't wait till April. I wish to hear from Yedang real soon.

Archived