Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[official] ☜♥☞ Joongbo Couple ☜♥☞ Newly Wed's 1st Open House

Replies

• dreamgazer1985dreamgazer1985 Posts: 330Member

IDOL

Hello thar Soompi~

Long time since I've last played in this sandbox. *nostalgic* ...Anyway, I've seen this question post up several times while I was doing my ninja lurking thing and figure I should provide an answer to you newbies. Aww, newbies --that's the funnest time in a fandom! Enjoy it, you guys. It's all downhill from there...I kid!

Onto the question that seem to plague some of you, Why exactly are JB-ers known as Purplies or why is Purple the iconic color of one Smexy Woman (Hwangbo) and one Charistmatic (unless you watch him act then you're out of luck there) Dude (HJ)?

The answer can be found in these sites. Disclaimer: I'm the author of the 2nd blog (hello thar, shameless pimping) and to put it mildly, I'm quite snarky so beware that the contents of those posts are rather polemic. Either you will think I'm hilarious or you will think I'm the Mayor of B*itchville or I'm just a little bit insane. (All are good answers by the way b/c I'm sort of all and moreeee. ho ho ho) Also several Soompiers' names are mentioned in my posts. If you're their friends/fans/admirers from afar, please don't come after me with pitchforks (in real life anyway. In Internet life, I can totally take it). You're forewarned. I hope you have fun though! :)

1. The short version of why it's Purple. http://hibiscusdreams.livejournal.com/32777.html

2. Long version http://ssangchudream.livejournal.com/tag/ssangchu%3A%20the%20wank%20report

Also, to prove that I'm not simply a harbinger of doom and gloom (and wank), a little tidbit to make you guys happy. I have it from a very credible source that the sand artist from HJ's MV collaborated and did a project with Compassion before. Interpret that however you want....

Finally, have a pretty.
    jb1jpgsrc.jpg

Bonus read: Orange Theory vs. Purplism
    shuchenroadsidelionsfudgeorangeaydzavalobebelabginajoey7itsmemaimailuvhjxtooJeramon-riarz-coffeeboschatzibabeleinlittle-prince-and-the-starhaewonsoompi
  • ad_faad_fa Posts: 2,011Member

SUPERSTAR

when reading all the post,i feel like buin and shilang a real couple!it can be true! :w00t: silent couple
    who knows?haha
    if it really true all joongboer family must be happy :wub:
    thank you for keep updating the thread
    love all your posts:lol:

crjungyr

• little-prince-and-the-starlittle-prince-and-the-star Posts: 60Member
    edited February 2012
    roadsidelions wrote on 09 February 2012 - 12:00 AM:

If peeps are interested, his name is Joe Castillo, and you can watch his sand story for Compassion International here.

More of his work here on YT.

WOW! WOW! WOW! Roadsidelions confirms us that the Compassionate Int. artist came to work on KHJ's MV.
    OMG!!

What more proof can you guys need to reassure yourself that HJ/HJ are together in real life!????

iamBeliever
  • roadsidelionsroadsidelions Ssangchu IslandPosts: 53Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    little-prince-and-the-star wrote on 09 February 2012 - 09:15 PM:

WOW! WOW! WOW! Roadsidelions confirms us that the Compassionate Int. artist came to work on KHJ's MV.
    OMG!!

Hey now, I only did a quick search; dreamgazer provided the information so all credit goes to her. :) But yes, since she trusts her source, and Joe Castillo appears to be the only sand artist who's been involved with Compassion, we can safely assume it was he who worked with HJ as well. ^_^
  • cadiyimcadicadiyimcadi LondonPosts: 65Member

IDOL

Dear Friends

Lets vote for a couple 

Who's the Most Popular Pairing of All Time? http://bit.ly/AptmtH

Segyero 
    naomzmayzie09Jeramonazura147jickayitsmemaimai-riarz-shuchenaydzschatzibabeleinsusanlaad_fa
  • passingThrupassingThru Posts: 44Member

ROOKIE

dreamgazer1985 wrote on 08 February 2012 - 12:59 AM:

Also, to prove that I'm not simply a harbinger of doom and gloom (and wank), a little tidbit to make you guys happy. I have it from a very credible source that the sand artist from HJ's MV collaborated and did a project with Compassion before. Interpret that however you want....

I've compared Invisible Children,Compassion International Sand Story by sand artist Joe Castillo to Marry me Marry you sand art...these two are created by two different artist with two different style of sand art. In my opinion...marry me sand art is done by female sand artist. Just sayingunsure.gif
    schatzibabelein
  • nh04nh04 JOONGBOLANDPosts: 304Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    passingThru wrote on 11 February 2012 - 10:35 AM:

I've compared Invisible Children,Compassion International Sand Story by sand artist Joe Castillo to Marry me Marry you sand art...these two are created by two different artist with two different style of sand art. In my opinion...marry me sand art is done by female sand artist. Just saying*quoted image*

Hi passing Thru, what you said is right. I got information from my very very credible source directly fm a Korean Joongboer (thanks to her) that the sand artist who did
    MARRY ME and MARRY YOU for KHJ's MV wasnt Joe Castillo but a Korean lady name PARK JINA

I enclosed Park Gina's blog where she posted her list of SandAnimation.

http://blog.naver.com/gomah?Redirect=Log&logNo=146122870

Hope i dont blow away Joongboer's bubbles cos facts must be posted properly.

Looking forward to LONDON 2012 !!!
    roadsidelionsschatzibabeleinbubluelechugasfudgeorangeaydzlittle-prince-and-the-starsusanla
  • roadsidelionsroadsidelions Ssangchu IslandPosts: 53Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    nh04 wrote on 11 February 2012 - 12:08 PM:

Hi passing Thru, what you said is right. I got information from my very very credible source directly fm a Korean Joongboer that the sand artist who did
    MARRY ME and MARRY YOU for KHJ's MV wasnt Joe Castillo but a Korean lady name PARK JINA

nh04, thank you! Must admit since looking at more of Joe Castillo's work I'd begun to doubt & was leaning towards Ilana Yahav, since her style is very similar to Park Jina's (even down to details like the flowers, writing, g-clef). But thank you for clearing the issue up. :)
    schatzibabeleinfudgeorangesusanla
  • Ssan8822Ssan8822 Posts: 4New Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi.  I'm a long time big fans of our wonderful couple.
    Always love dropping by to take a peek at this fantasmic place :)

About the awesome Marry You Marry Me MV,  I also tought it was done by Ilana Yahav, because the style was just too similar to Ilana's works.
    Maybe Ilana Yahav & Park Gina adopt same style, come from the same art school or have the same teacher :)     Awesome sandart either way  !

Since dreamgazer mentioned purple-ism earlier,   I just remember seeing something interesting in the Japanese Version of Kiss Kiss MV :
    Although there are so many colourful balloons in the party,   there is only 1 balloon placed on the table  (see the part where HJ is giving the present/scarf to the girl).  And the colour of THAT stand-alone balloon is  PURPLE.    It must be an important balloon eh ?     :wub:

SEGYERO

Jeramonavaloschatzibabeleinfudgeorangeaydzsusanlagukja1
  • dreamgazer1985dreamgazer1985 Posts: 330Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    nh04 wrote on 10 February 2012 - 09:08 PM:

Hi passing Thru, what you said is right. I got information from my very very credible source directly fm a Korean Joongboer (thanks to her) that the sand artist who did

So much for my awesome comeback, hur! Thanx for the clarification, I will need to have a word with my source now. She better has some good cookies to pacify me is all am saying. ha! I wonder if there's another project of Compassion which she was talking about since I didn't bothered to clarify. Totally learn a good lesson here today. XD My Internet chingus are totally shaking and facepalming at my fail right now. hur

My first thought regarding HK (after my initial "WTF?!" of course) was "well, they never promised us anything." They might have made promises to each other (which we unfortunately never got to witness) but they never made any with the fans. The closest thing we have to a promise is HB & HJ's insistence that who they were on WGM was 99% the real them. And that, despite whatever niggling doubts I might have from time to time, is a big part of why I believe they're still together; it's kind of the foundation for everything else that's happened or been hinted at since they finished the show.

@roadsidelions:
    I appreciate your sentiment regarding the JB. I also put a lot of importance in what they said about their true selves on WGM especially since with JB, it's an actual evolution of them as a couple. It wasn't all happy and sunshine in the beginning because hello thar awkward! But they grew together and we grew in our obsession. hur. So while I don't quite believe that they're together still (lower down the pitchforks and fire, JB-ers!), I believe that a connection was made and it was magical. Even if only for a short period of time. Like the most fragrant of bloom whose scent can only be enjoyed before the first ray of sunshine touches the dew drops that linger on its petals. (Sorry to go all lyrical on you guys there, but I miss writing fanfics =/ )
    schatzibabeleinshuchenjaybbyaydzsusanla
  • xienloveskpopxienloveskpop Posts: 30Member

ROOKIE

[font="'Comic Sans MS"]My dear siblings at heart!! please vote.. we are currently on the second spot.. let's combine powers again and let the world know who's the MOST POPULAR PAIR OF ALL TIME!! [/font]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]This is the latest ranking..[/font]  biggrin.gif sEGYERO!!

Who's the Most Popular Pairing of All Time?
    • Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye (14 votes [2.35%])
    • Jung Yong Hwa and Seohyun (201 votes [33.78%])
    • Lee Min Ho and Goo Hye Sun (66 votes [11.09%])
    • Kim Hyun Joong and Hwang Bo (118 votes [19.83%])
    • Jo Kwon and Ga In (37 votes [6.22%])
    • Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young (48 votes [8.07%])
    • Kim Bum and Kim So Eun (15 votes [2.52%])
    • Jang Geun Suk and Park Shin Hye (24 votes [4.03%])
    • Jung Yong Hwa and Park Shin Hye (60 votes [10.08%])
    • Song Seung Hun and Kim Tae Hee (12 votes [2.02%])<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
    fudgeorangebebelabaydzsusanlaad_fa
  • bebelabbebelab JoongBo LandPosts: 161Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    Thank you for the clarification about the Sand Artist. You guys are so awesome in investigating.
    Aaahh.. I miss spazzing. I hope we can get nice stuffs to talk about soon :rolleyes:

JOONGBOERS! Please vote for JB here in this POLL :w00t:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374706-whos-the-most-popular-pairing-of-all-time/page__st__100

:wub: :w00t:

And tell them how much you love Joongbo~
    dz7clz1.gif260vkuo1.jpg

You are my ONCE in a lifetime.
    *credits to tinchiq and sell19 for the avatar and banners*
    naomzaydzshuchensusanla
  • shuchenshuchen Posts: 106Member

IDOL

voted here My link and was posting pictures :lol: thought i'd post here too... :wub:

wgm23_VintageColors_1.jpg

ssangchusays-1.jpg

serenade3Capture_OrtonStyle_1.jpg

WGM-Ep36-JoongBo-11_Cyanotype_6.jpg

zOQJO28czT6oNHnmQIgBog.jpg

hjlwgm004_Bw_4.jpg

DXhSZDAtI67UYdTHw-4yTw_OrtonStyle_1.jpg

naomzbublueaydzena123ancaemma10susanladivaz_sha
  • bluesapphirebluesapphire Posts: 77Member
    Hello everyone, just came across this link in FB. Let's all VOTE for Joongbo couple shall we...as of now they're 2nd. VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!
    http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374706-whos-the-most-popular-pairing-of-all-time/page__st__140 

Please vote for Kim Hyun Joong and Hwang Bo
  • chinakurisuchinakurisu Posts: 4New Member
    Hi!  I came in very late to this couple, and I just finished watching all of their episodes.  It is too bad they were on for such a short time because they were so entertaining and fun to watch!  I can't really name my favorite show so I'll name 2 that had me so surprised I was laughing so hard:  the amusement park show and when they went ice skating.  I think the 2 more sentimental ones was the photoshoot day and the last episode (of course).  The tears!!!

The show was 4 years ago but to me it seems like it was yesterday!  it was yesterday actually that ithe show ended for me.  :tears: 
    I will miss watching it.

Also want to ask about one of the quotes above that 'Shillang' said?  That he thinks his wife is cool because she laughs a lot.....and it makes him happy.  When did he say that?
    roadsidelionsschatzibabeleinaydzsusanla
  • bebelabbebelab JoongBo LandPosts: 161Member

IDOL

Hi Chinakurisu.. Welcome to the thread. :wub: :w00t:

I believe you can see that in Episode 10(their 2nd episode)..in his interview after they did a love shot in the yacht. :wub:

Interviews:

HB: In the beginning, I was worried.. I kept on thinking, how can I live with someone younger? But now my mind changed... I think he can make me happy. He always make me laugh. And I think what makes him attractive is his funny and unexpected replies.

HJ: My wife laughs a lot, and I find it very cool. I love cool people, and to me she possesses all the cool things in the world. That's what I like about her. I'm really happy.

credits here: dapoerku :rolleyes:
    dz7clz1.gif260vkuo1.jpg

You are my ONCE in a lifetime.
    *credits to tinchiq and sell19 for the avatar and banners*
    roadsidelionsshuchenschatzibabeleinaydzsusanla
  • luvhjxtooluvhjxtoo Posts: 526Member

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2012
    HiHIHI...
    If you haven't already...
    It would be awesome if you could visit Soompi, give some LUV...
    ...VoTe for our LETTUCE COUPLE, our reason behind our FANDOM...

hmmm...I've never fangirled a couple before...
    but I can't blame anyone here...
    for being uh...was it delusional?
    but, maybe,
    Kim Hyun Joong + Hwangbo for being so charismatic.
    Cuz yeah...
    they "literally" have taken my heart...
    ..converted me into the Believer that I am... :o
    ...causing me to continually watch them religiously...:wub:
    (falls on the floor...almost dies from laughing...gaah!!) :w00t:
    Gotta luv the Poll at Soompi..amusing

GREATEST LOVE
    hb08agyeowgm-1.jpg
    credit/luvhjxtoo
    To tHe wOrLd

Thump thump (The Greatest Love OST) feat. JoongBo

lechugasfudgeorangeaydzsusanlagukja1
  • anego-sananego-san Posts: 21Member
    Oh i love this mv, i haven't seen it before althought i'm really a big fan and follow them everyday ejjejeje (well a silent fan). This mv make me want to watch all the episodes again.
    well, i have many favorites moments but i love when he got jealous in the wedding aniversary's photoshoot, It was priceless.

I wonder what will they do in san valentin day???? uhmmm I hope they'll give us some sign as a gift.

To the world
    fudgeorangeroadsidelionsluvhjxtooaydzsusanlalechugas