Helena

Jung Yu-mi 정유미

D1AACE49-0D33-4567-99A2-20BF31B53437.jpg
[ Jung Yu-mi in June 2016 | @Elle 7-2016 issue ]

Name: Jung Yu-mi [정유미]
Born: January 18, 1983 | Busan, South Korea
Body: 163cm | Type B
Family: Parents, 1 younger brother
Education:  Bugok Girls' Middle School > Dongnae Girls’ Samjung High School > Seoul Institute of the Arts (Film)
Debut:  2003 short film ‘Tell Her I Love Her 사랑하는 소녀’

Agency: MANAGEMENT SOOP [ Homepage | Facebook | Instagram | Posts.Naver | TV.Naver | Vlive | YouTube ]
Official SNS: [ Homepage | Instagram ] | [ DaumCafe | DCGallery ]
Links: [ jungyumidaily@twitter | ]

CDEA59DB-CA25-4AD2-9515-69195FAF675E.jpg

[kofic] JUNG Yu-mi has a fire in her veins beneath her elegant looks. She has both passion and talent in abundance. JUNG made a sensational debut in <Family Ties>, a unique story about a family directed by KIM Tae-yong. She earned critical acclaim as she played Chae-hyun, a woman who is too busy to go out with her boyfriend as she is caring for others. As her boyfriend complains that she was too easy to woo, she simply questioned back, staring at him, “Is it bad to be easy?” which the audience found outrageously adorable. Her acting career has continued to blossom. Her credits include leading or supporting roles in various films such as <Shim’s Family>, HONG Sangsoo’s <Like You Know It All>, a sketch of the ordinary everyday life in a small town, the cult film <Chaw>, a story about a wild bore slaughtering men, and <Café Noir>, a social drama with a three-hour running time, as well as traditional melodramas such as <My Dear Desperado> and <Come, Closer>. JUNG is one of the most sought-after starlets for quality films for which she has portrayed the ordinary lives of ordinary people in the ways that are not so ordinary. <Silenced>, a film based on an actual event that disclosed sexual abuses on handicapped children, drew almost 5 million spectators and became the highest grossing film in her career. 2012 saw her team up with HONG Sangsoo once again for <In Another Country>. A year later, she teamed up with the auteur again for <Our Sunhi>. Also in 2013, she returned to the commercial realm in the drama <Tough as Iron>. JUNG and her <Tough as Iron> co-star YOO Ah-in also performed voice duties on the 2014 animation <The Satellite Girl and Milk Cow>. Later that year she appeared as a woman searching for her younger sister, who has been taken by a killer into Seoul’s sewer system, in the horror-thriller <Manhole>. A year later she took part in the action zombie thriller <TRAIN TO BUSAN>, the live action debut of animation director YEON Sang-ho.

FILMOGRAPHY 

MOVIE (Src: KOBIS)
Opening Year | Title | Role | Total Admissions (people)

• TBD ‘Sleep | 잠’ as Soo-jin 수진 // Yoo Jae-sun
  • TBD ‘Wonderland | 원더랜드‘  // Kim Tae-yong
  • 2019 ‘Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982 | 82년생 김지영’ as Kim Ji-young 김지영 [3,679,019]
  • 2018 ‘Psychokinesis | 염력’ as Hong Sang-moo 홍상무 [990,104] // Yeon Sang-ho
  • 2017 ‘The Table | 더 테이블’ as Yu-jin 유진 [103,054]
  • 2017 ‘Ladies of the Forest’ (short film) // Kim Cho-hee
  • 2016 ’Train to Busan | 부산행’ as Sung-kyung 성경 [11,565,479] // Yeon Sang-ho
  • 2015 ‘The Himalayas | 히말라야’ as Choi Soo-young 최수영 {cameo} [7,759,473]
  • 2014 ‘Manhole | 맨홀’ as Yeon-seo 연서 [133,663]
  • 2013 ‘The Satellite Girl and Milk Cow | 우리별 일호와 얼룩소’ as Il-ho 일호 (voice) [43,888]
  • 2013 ‘Tough as Iron | 깡철이’ as Soo-ji 수지 [1,209,363]
  • 2013 ‘Our Sunhi | 우리 선희’ as Sunhi 선희 [68,770] // Hong Sang-soo
  • 2012 ‘In Another Country | 다른나라에서’ as Won-joo 원주 [30,590] // Hong Sang-soo
  • 2011 ’Silenced | The Crucible 도가니’ as Seo Yoo-jin 서유진 [4,662,822]
  • 2011 ‘The Winter Pianist’
  • 2011 ‘List’ (short film) // Hong Sang-soo
  • 2010 ‘Cafe Noir | 카페 느와르’ as Sun-hwa 선화 [7,070]
  • 2010 ‘Come, Closer’ as Eun-hee [12,082]
  • 2010 ‘Oki's Movie’ as Ok-hee [37,086] // Hong Sang-soo
  • 2010 ‘My Dear Desperado’ as Se-jin [699,973]
  • 2009 ‘Visitors: Lost in the Mountains’ (short film) // Jeonju Digital Project. Hong Sang-soo
  • 2009 ‘Good Morning President’ {cameo}
  • 2009 ‘A Million’ [438,833]
  • 2009 ‘Chaw’ [1,799,356]
  • 2009 ‘If You Were Me 4: Relay’
  • 2009 ‘Like You Know It All’ {supporting role} [39,914] // Hong Sang-soo
  • 2009 ‘The Room Nearby’ [304]
  • 2009 ‘Oishii Man’ [8,569]
  • 2008 ‘Lovers’ [1,855] // collection of 11 short films from Kim Yong-kwan
  • 2007 ‘Skeletons in the Closet | Shim’s Family’ {supporting role} [321,654]
  • 2006 ‘Family Ties’ {supporting role} [221,925] // Kim Tae-yong
  • 2006 ‘09:05’
  • 2006 ‘A Puppy, Our Family’ (short film)
  • 2005 ‘Sarangni, Blossom Again’ {supporting role} [165,538]
  • 2004 ‘A Bittersweet Life’  {supporting role} [1,271,595] // Kim Jee-woon
  • 2004 ‘How to Operate a Polaroid Camera’ (short film) // Kim Yong-kwan
  • 2003 ‘Tell Her I Love Her’ (short film) {supporting role}
  • 2002 ‘In Between’ (short film)

DRAMA
Year | Network | Title | Role

• TBD JTBC ‘When the Day Breaks | 아침이 밝아올 때까지‘ // Lee Jung-hyo (filming: Feb 16 - early Oct)
  • 2020 Netflix ‘The School Nurse Files | 보건교사 안은영’ as Ahn Eun-young 안은영 // Lee Kyoung-mi
  • 2018 tvN ‘What‘s Wrong with Secretary Kim | 김비서가 왜 그럴까‘ as Lee Young-joon’s friend {cameo}
  • 2018 tvN ’Live | 라이브‘ as Han Jung-o 한정오 // Noh Hee-kyung
  • 2017 JTBC ‘Woman of Dignity | 품위있는 그녀’ {cameo}  // Kim Yoon-chul 
  • 2016 JTBC ‘This Week My Wife is Having an Affair | 이번 주, 아내가 바람을 핍니다’ as Han Joon-hee 한준희 {cameo}
  • 2014 KBS2 ‘Discovery of Love | 연애의 발견‘ as Han Yeo-reum 한여름 // Jung Hyun-jung
  • 2013 tvN ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano | 연애조작단: 시라노‘ as Bong Soo-ah 봉수아 {cameo}
  • 2013 KBS2 ’The Queen of Office | 직장의 신‘ as Jung Joo-ri 정주리
  • 2012 tvN ‘I Need Romance 2012 | 로맨스가 필요해 2‘ as Joo Yeol-mae 주열매  // Jung Hyun-jung
  • 2010 KBS2 ‘Drama Special - The Great Gye Choon-bin | 위대한 계춘빈‘ as Gye Choon-bin 계춘빈
  • 2007 MBC ’Que Sera Sera | 케세라세라‘ as Han Eun-soo 한은수 // Kim Yoon-chul

ENTERTAINMENT
(Under construction)

AWARDS

[2021-02-09] The 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards: Popular Star (Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982)

[2020-11-11] The 40th Korean Association of Film Critics (KAFC) Awards: Best Actress (Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982)

[2020-10-22] The 29th Buil Film Awards: Best Actress (Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982)

[2020-06-03] The 56th Grand Bell Film Awards: Best Actress (Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982) 
[2019-12-16] The 20th Women in Film Korea Awards: Best Actress (Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982)
[2017] The 17th Korea Youth Film Festival: Popular Film Actress (The Table)
[2014-12-31] KBS Drama Awards: Excellence in Miniseries, Best Couple with Eric Moon, Netizen Popularity (Discovery of Love)

[2013-12-24] Cine21 Movie Awards: Best Actress (Our Sunhi)
[2013-12-06] The 14th Busan Film Critics Association (BCFA) Awards: Best Actress (Our Sunhi)
[2011-10-07] The 20th Buil Film Awards: Best Actress (Oki’s Movie)

Spoiler

A2700FE5-8453-4631-A932-63A177DA0DEC.jpg

D8A8998B-AC94-4F7F-9F31-55DC74E8B40D.jpg

[2011-08-31] The 33rd Gold Awards Festival: Best Actress (My Dear Desperado)

Spoiler

BB81EE53-7A73-4F94-BDE4-4738F4A50173.jpg

[2010-12-31] KBS Drama Awards: Excellence in 1-act Drama Special (The Great Gye Choon-bin)

Spoiler

FAA4F9F5-D4DE-4184-9A0B-A9523080A40E.jpg

[2006-12-15] The 27th Blue Dragon Film Awards: Best Supporting Actress (Family Ties)

Spoiler

CA9A5F91-8B56-41ED-A955-013DD7324991.jpg

[2006-04-14] The 42th Baeksang Arts Awards: Best New Actress (Blossom Again)

Spoiler

6326905F-D18C-4859-91E8-56C868C8FA72.jpg

[2005-12-12] The 25th Korean Association of Film Critics (KAFC) Awards: : Best New Actress (Blossom Again)

Spoiler

F7FBD865-BA54-4955-A065-5664F46CD4B2.jpg

F46519A5-B0E9-4962-9891-40224AE03616.jpg

126325EC-292E-436E-BD31-EBCE520A1461.jpg

PHOTOS
SOOPPost.Naver

VIDEOS
SOOP

REVIEWS

E78A054B-90F9-4839-B69D-F06F5B88878A.jpg

NEWS

[2020-08-13] The School Nurse Files confirmed for September 25 release

[2020-06-03] Jung Yumi wins at 56th Grand Bell Awards
[2020-01-25] The Chameleon Talents of Actress Jung Yu-mi
[2019-12-16] Jung Yu-mi, Yoon-ah recognized in 2019WomenInFilmFestival
[2019-12-10] Winners Of The 20th Women In Film Korea Festival

[2019-08-27] Shinhwa’s Eric & JungYuMi Turn Down Roles In “QueSeraSera” Remake
[2019-06-06] Shinhwa’s Eric + JungYuMi In Talks For 2nd Season Of “QueSeraSera”

[2019-01-10] LEE Kyoung-mi &JUNG Yu-mi Join Hands for Netflix SCHOOL NURSE AHN EUN YOUNG

[2018-01-08] GongYoo-JungYuMi Deny Marriage Reports: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

[2017-05-23] JungYooMi In High Demand For CFs After “Youn’s Kitchen”
[2017-05-01] “The List 2017” Reveals Their Rankings For Most Lovely Female Stars
[2016-07-26] 4 Male Actors Who Fell In Love With JungYooMi’s Charm
[2015-12-22] JungYumi Is Benefit’s Beautiful New Muse
[2015-04-30] Netizens Forcing JungYumi to Refute Dating Rumor W/ KangDongWon
[2015-02-08] KangHaNeul: There is an actress that I like—JungYooMi sunbae (senior)
[2014-12-31] The Winners of the 2014 KBS Drama Awards
[2014-05-26] Eric Mun, Jung Yu-mi together again
[2011-10-07] RyuSeungBum-JungYooMi Best Actor-Actress at 20th Buil Film Awards

[2006-04-14] 42nd Baeksang Awards Nominations [+Winners]: x

Data: gathered/translated/updated from namu | soop | kobis | kobiz | 

Images: re-uploaded from Naver + CTTO (all copyrights/credits belong to original sources/creators)

RULES [ Soompi ForumRules | K-Dramas/Movies/Actors/Actresses ForumRules ]

Thanks for setting up a thread.

I look forward to seeing much more of her...!

Here is a poster of one of her acting credits: Family Ties

05FB9FF2237EEF877E79E8A8C05188A7.jpg

It Birth of the Family also translated as Family Ties or is this completely different?

She's one lucky girl to be in the series with Eric Mun! I agree to that!

• 2 months later...
Guest doremi02

at first, when I knew that she will replace YEH to act with Eric, i was disappointed....I found out she's not as beautiful as YEH (from the pics you guy posted)...when I saw first epi. of QSS....man, she's annoying and ....normal, I mean I expect the main actress should be special, pretty,.....but I was convinced by her acting.. She's shining through her acting..She acts like she is real ES...she's more beautiful, lovable in my eyes day by day...hope she can get good fruits from her career.

Guest SUPERGURRL

i love her(: all of my friends hate her cuhhs they think shes ugly :tongue2: lol. she is lucky to be in a drama with eric. especially with all those kiss scenes [x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest flexiwings

I love Jung Yoo Mi, too. She has this purity about her that's just beautiful. I also like her with the short hair better than with long hair. In episode 8 of "Que Sera Sera" she looks absolutely gorgeous. You see how pretty she can actually be, and I love that in reality she's more natural.

And, I think a lot of people who are lovers of Yoon Eun Hye are really bashing on her because she took the role that YEH didn't. It's not fair to Jung Yoo Mi. I love YEH also, but still...cool it folks. The part was up for grabs. I'm glad that Jung Yoo Mi took the part because I really can't picture YEH in this drama. She has a new drama coming out sometime in the summer, so it's a win-win situation for both actresses.

Guest bwitched

I personnaly think that she's a very talented girl.

n yeah, she looks good in long hair.

• 1 month later...

:w00t: Jung Yoo Mi's thread!

I knew about JYM only when I heard about QSS, which was like several months back. And even then I didn't think much about her as I initially had no intention of watching QSS. But I finally caved in after reading so many rave reviews. My first thought when I saw Eun Soo was actually 'kid'. By no means it is intended as an insult, but the first time I saw her, her child-like quality is what struck me. So, throughout QSS, one of the most interesting things is seeing the layers of her characters slowly being peeled off. Not changing, per se, but we just got to see deeper and deeper to her personality and see her maturing.. It was really a great expirience.

Anyways, hopefully she'll have more projects in the future. Can't wait to backtrack and see her movies.

• 2 months later...
Guest madgepop

I'm still in the middle of watching Que Sera Sera. I haven't heard of her before and i'm quite curious so i visited this thread. I too, am a fan of YEH, but I have no issues about her taking over the part which was supposedly YEH's. I think JYM really suited the role and i'm glad i watched QSS because I can't wait to see all the things that will unfold in HAn Eun Soo's relationship with Kang Tae Joo.

i wish all the best for her. She's a rising star and yet she's accomplished so much already. Any news or current projects for her?

• 4 weeks later...

Someone please ease this nagging curiosity in my head.

I just found out that this girl was in A Bittersweet Life but I haven't seen it in a while... What character did she play? I only remember one major female role in that film!

Someone please ease this nagging curiosity in my head.

I just found out that this girl was in A Bittersweet Life but I haven't seen it in a while... What character did she play? I only remember one major female role in that film!

I remember seeing this but can't recall the details. She played Shin Minah's sister? I remember her delivering a present........she didn't have much screen time.

sorry...I can look it up if you are still curious.

• 3 months later...
Guest MisZ UccHi

YEAY~ a thread of her! ^-^ I've been searching other pictures of her. She's really cute! I love her character in Que Sera Sera. It even looks like it's her actual character. She really suits it. XD Hopefully I can see more dramas from her!

• 1 month later...

i happened to watch Que Sera Sera and was strucked by her acting.. she makes Eun So believable.. it's very strong, hopefully in another project she'd be able to create a new persona..

this is totally random - but my ex-boss looks exactly like her.. especially with the haircut..

• 3 months later...
Guest Ender's Girl

same reaction here! i'm currently watching QSS and i really, really, really like her here! she can act quite well, and she was able to bring her Eun-soo character across so convincingly, you can't NOT like her. Jung Yoo-mi is the perfect ingenue, and i do hope her career enjoys more breaks that will help her grow and develop her talent. do keep those updates coming!

• 2 months later...
Guest connie333

same reaction here! i'm currently watching QSS and i really, really, really like her here! she can act quite well, and she was able to bring her Eun-soo character across so convincingly, you can't NOT like her. Jung Yoo-mi is the perfect ingenue, and i do hope her career enjoys more breaks that will help her grow and develop her talent. do keep those updates coming!

i agree by what you say that it is impossible to not like her in que sera sera. She made such a great couple with eric. And i especially love the part when eric couldn't keep his eyes off of her at the party sfter she got the makeover. :rolleyes:

Guest Ender's Girl

ohhhh yeah, that scene was just.... :w00t: !!! tee-hee!!!

just want to add something i wrote about her when i posted my QSS review:

And as for Jung Yoo-mi... she really is the ultimate ingenue: fresh-faced, artless, irrepressibly cute, but not cloyingly so (unlike, um, Kim Jeung-eun in pretty much ANYTHING, heh :lol:). JYM's face and body type aren't that of your cookie-cutter willowy actresses with the extra-delicate facial bones and ridiculously long legs, lol, but her unconventional looks are exactly what I love about her. She's also a mighty fine actress to boot, showing remarkable range in this drama alone. Happily enough, she and Eric do have that chemistry, IMHO. In fact, some of their moments together

(like that kiss in the elevator! and the love-declaration-and-kiss-in-the-rain scene! and the waking-up-in-bed-the-morning-after moment!)

now rank among my favorites. I love how the PD (same as My Name is Kim Sam Soon's, right?) sets up the scenes so creatively, you can't help but marvel at his vision and ingenuity.

man, someone oughtta give her a good follow-up project, quick!!!