Jung Yu-Mi 정유미 (1983)

Helena

i just finished watching que sera sera and i am now a major fan.....shes one of those actresses who are so natural onscreen and their talent is fairly obvious

and can not wait for her film with gong yoo hopefully that will get her into the spotlight more and more ppl would recognize how amazing she is

you're right ... she's incredibly talented ... i don't know how to describe her talent , gosh this girl is marvellous! :wub:

some news about Dogani! :w00t:

Gong Yoo and Jeong Yu-mi's "The Crucible" cranks up... released later this year

photo171976.jpg

Based on writer Gong Ji-young's best seller, movie "The Crucible" cranked up on the 8th.

At the last scene taken in Daejeon, the lead character In-ho (Gong Yoo) and the group of protesters performed an intense fight while being attacked by a police sprinkler truck.

Being hit by strong water cannons, Gong Yoo really passed out a couple of times but managed to act emotional until the end.

In-ho's helper Yoo-jin (Jeong Yu-mi) was warm and kind taking care of the children actors. After the last cut Gong Yoo said, "I am glad but sad it's over. I felt several feelings as In-ho and I hope many of you who watch the movie agree to these feelings".

Jeong Yu-mi as well was proud and said, "I felt so many things while shooting this movie and I learnt a lot from the child actors who played their parts so well".

Meanwhile, "The Crucible" will be released at the later end of the year.

source : Hancinema

Gong Yoo’s new film wraps up shooting

2011052013421986486_1.jpg

An upcoming Korean film starring actors Gong Yoo and Jung Yu-mi completed shooting early this month, said the film’s promoter Delight on Friday.

A press release by Delight revealed that the new local suspense film titled “Dogani,” translated into 'a scene,' led by actor Gong Yoo and actress Jung Yu-mi, which looks into a sexual violence case committed in a school for hearing-impaired people, finished filming on May 8.

Gong played the school teacher who comes across the ugly truth and Jung, a human rights activist that joins Gong’s efforts to publicize the case against the school’s staff and other officers who try to conceal it.

On the day of the final shoot in Daejeon City, Gong played one of the protestors on a street that fights against continuous water attacks launched by the police force.

“I feel happy and sad at the same time now that the shooting is over. I went through lots of feelings living my character, and I hope the viewers will be able to relate to it, too,” Gong was quoted as saying in the statement.

Jung, on her part, said she has learned a lot from filming her scenes as well as from the child actors she worked with.

Director Hwang Dong-hyuk who helmed the film, too agreed that everyone has put much effort into the film including staff and child actors.

The story which is based on the 2009-best seller written by novelist Gong Ji-young, was inspired by a similar event that actually took place in Korea’s Gwangju city a few years back.

The film is set for release during the latter half of this year.

source : Asiae

yay! more articles about Crucible .... :w00t:

Gong Yoo, Jung Yumi’s Crucible wraps filming

Filming has wrapped on Crucible and now we get our first look with these stills, featuring leads Gong Yoo (Coffee Prince) and Jung Yumi (Oki’s Movie, Come Closer).

The movie was announced several months ago and stirred my interest because I love both actors, and also because of the weighty subject material, which is based on a true story. The movie is an adaptation of a bestselling novel by respected writer Gong Ji-young, which is in turn inspired by the story of a rape at a school for the deaf.

It’s the kind of movie that I can easily picture Jung in — she plays a human rights activist with a strong sense of justice, and can embody passion and vulnerability like nobody’s business. But it’s Gong Yoo I’m curious and a little intrigued about, since his most known projects have been in solid rom-com territory, with Coffee Prince, Finding Kim Jong-wook, and Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy. This project just screams “transition to Serious Actor,” and I’ll be interested to see how he fares, playing a teacher at the school.

After wrapping up his last scene in Daejeon earlier this month, Gong Yoo said, “With the filming over, I feel relieved and also saddened. I felt a lot of various emotions living as In-ho, which I hope the audiences will be able to sympathize with.” Jung Yumi said, “There was so much that I felt while filming the movie, and I learned a lot from watching our outstanding child actors.”

Crucible plans to release later this year.

source : Dramabeans

• 2 months later...

Gong Yoo, Jung Yoo Mi film to open Sept 22

crucible.jpg

A Korean thriller starring actors Gong Yoo and Jung Yoo-mi will open in theaters next month, according to the film's promoter Delight on Friday.

Delight announced in a press release that the suspense film "The Crucibles" will open nationwide on September 22.

In "The Crucibles," Gong Yoo plays a school teacher who comes across a sexual violence case committed in a school for hearing-impaired people. Jung takes on the role of a human rights activist that joins in the efforts to publicize the case against the school's staff and other officers.

"I'm glad that I was able to direct 'The Crucibles' because the audience will see the horrible things behind this tragic case," Korean auteur Hwang Dong-hyuk was quoted as saying.

The story which is based on the 2009-best seller written by novelist Gong Ji-young, was inspired by a similar event that actually took place in Korea’s Gwangju city a few years back.

Source : 10Asia

Bestseller-turned-movie reveals real-life case of widespread child abuse

20110822000725_0.jpg

‘The Crucible’ to release in September starring Gong Yoo and Jung Yoo-mi

When popular novelist Gong Ji-young started publishing her online serial novel “Dogani” (The Crucible) in 2008, readers were shocked that it was based on a real-life story. Inspired by the mass sexual abuse at a school for hearing impaired children in Gwangju from 2000 to 2004, the novel attracted more than 16 million online readers.

The novel’s film adaptation, which stars actor Gong Yoo and actress Jung Yoo-mi, aims to once again raise awareness on the shocking real-life case in which the offenders ― the teachers of the school including its principal ― received probation and 10-month prison sentences.

Director Hwang Dong-hyeok, whose last film “My Father” (2007) was also based on a true story of a Korean-American adoptee, said he had to think over for a month to decide whether or not he should direct the upcoming movie. “I was hesitant because it was a based on a true story,” Hwang told reporters during a press meeting held in Seoul, Monday. “And ironically, I decided to go with it because it deals with a true story. It had the right reason to be told to the world.”

For actor Gong Yoo, who is still best known as the cocky yet charming cafe owner in the 2007 MBC hit drama show “Coffee Prince,” the upcoming film could very likely be a turning point in his career. He stars as Kang In-ho, a newly-appointed art teacher at the school for hearing-impaired children. The character eventually becomes aware of the terrible physical and sexual abuse that his students have been enduring, and tries to unveil the case against his fellow teachers and superiors along with human rights activist Seo Yoo-jin (Jung Yoo-mi).

It was Gong, after all, who initiated the whole project. He read the hard copy edition of author Gong Ji-young’s novel while he was serving his military duty, as his superior gave him the book as a gift when Gong got promoted as a sergeant. “My superior told me he thought the book would ‘suit’ my taste,” Gong told reporters. “I was totally hooked when I read the book, and my heart was beating hard as I finished reading. During my last military vacation, I contacted author Gong and asked her if this story can ever be made into a movie.”

Often called “romantic” and “sweet,” Gong said he is not fully comfortable with the way he has been described by the media and the public. “I think these adjectives have a lot to do with the characters I played in films and shows (more than me),” he said. “I try to focus on each and every film that I am given. I don’t plan ahead to play certain characters to be perceived in a certain way.”

Gong said that in the original novel the Kang In-ho character is portrayed as a much more ordinary, weak-kneed individual who is conflicted between his conscience and the need to financially support his daughter. “I didn’t want to be portrayed as a hero, but the movie required some action scenes,” Gong said. “There are scenes where my character tries to attack fellow teachers with a flowerpot and break the window in anger. And that anger was a complex one, one which contained all kinds of emotions and grudges against the world and himself. Expressing such anger was certainly challenging.”

Jung Yoo-mi, who is famous for her effortless acting style and performances in “Oki’s Movie” (2010) and “Caf Noir” (2010), said the acting itself wasn’t very difficult. “I just had a lot of break time compared to others, and many days off,” she said. “I think that was rather challenging.”

Director Hwang said though he did not talk to any of the real-life offenders or victims, some of the extras who appear in the film in fact went to the school in Gwangju. “Author Gong said her novel contained only the half of what actually happened, as the real case was too gruesome and terrible,” Hwang said. “The movie ― because it contains both sound and visuals ― depicts even less than the half. But it still is shocking and powerful.”

According to the film organizers, the school principal died of cancer in 2011, while the rest of teachers continue to work at the same school.

“The Crucible” opens in theaters on Sept. 22.

Source : Korea Herald

Gong Yoo: 'I Decided to Appear in 'The Crucible' Unconditionally'

photo190361.jpg

Actor Gong Yoo said at the production presentation of the movie "The Crucible" held at the CGV Wangsibri on August 22, "After I read the novel, I was wondering whether the story could be produced as a movie and I asked the writer Gong Ji-young, who wrote the book, about it through my friend.

I read the novel when I was in the military and I thought at that time that if the novel would be produced as a movie, I would definitely appear in the movie". The movie is based on the original novel with the same title and it was written based on the true story of sexual violence that happened at the school for the hearing-impaired in Kwangju. Gong Yoo plays an art teacher in the school named Kang In Ho, and actress Jeong Yu-mi plays a human rights activist named Seo Yoo Jin. They will broadcast the incident to the public. Critics praised Gong Yoo, saying that his acting was transformed in this movie, but he said, "The word 'transformation' makes actors feel pressure. I do not try to make a transformation, and I just do my best in every situation".

Gong Yoo tries to find the truth in the movie.

Gong Yoo said, "I have always worried while filming "The Crucible" because I seemed to be overzealous. I felt heartbroken while filming due to the storyline of the movie, but I was perfectly happy while filming the drama". He added, "I was just happy about the fact that the novel could finally be made into a movie". Jung Yoo Mi said, "I felt pressure because the story was based on a true story, but I just wanted to try my best. I have agonized over whether my acting could present genuine feelings of the character whom I play". The director of the movie, Hwang Dong-hyeok said, "My previous work was also based on a true story, so I felt pressure about making this movie, which was also based on a true story, but I came to produce this movie only because the story was true. The case of the sexual assault had already been judged in the courts, but I think that the judgment has not yet been decided in society".

Source : KBS Global

• 2 weeks later...

Gong Yoo and Jung Yumi in The Crucible

Crucible1.jpg

Wow, I was already excited to see Gong Yoo‘s dramatic turn in his first serious, weighty film, but this trailer blew me away. It gave me proper chills. This movie’s subject matter is as dark as dark can be, but damn does it look GOOD. Here’s a look at Gong Yoo and Jung Yumi in the upcoming film The Crucible, an adaptation of a novel by bestselling author Gong Ji-young, based on a true story about a rape at a school for the deaf.

Gong Yoo plays a new teacher at the school who finds that his students harbor a lot of pain and distrust. Over time he slowly earns their trust and discovers the horrifying truth — that they’ve been abused, violently and sexually. Jung Yumi plays a passionate human rights activist who helps him uncover the crimes and try to bring the guilty to justice, against insurmountable odds.

In the trailer the students give testimonies, and Gong Yoo narrates as they sign. He becomes their voice, and as they begin to open up about the abuse, it’s his moment of discovery too — it’s terrifying, and gripping, and dramatically really well done.

Crucible7.jpg

The story is based on a case at a school for the deaf in Gwangju that went on from 2000-2005. The accused famously had enough clout to get off with a ridiculously light sentence, which enraged author Gong Ji-young at the time, and inspired her to write the book.

The film adaptation is directed by PD Hwang Dong-hyuk (My Father), who said, “I worried that it was dark subject matter, but once I found out that the victims were fighting to appeal and reopen the investigation, I thought that the film might help that effort in a small way, so I decided to make it.” That’s the best reason to make a movie I’ve ever heard of.

Crucible4.jpg

The Crucible premieres September 22.

Source : Dramabeans

• 2 weeks later...

more goodies ... waaaah! so happy for unnie :wub:

"The Crucible" Draws Nearly One Million Viewers in Four Days

“The Crucible” starring Gong Yoo and Jung Yumi opened recently on September 22, already drawing in nearly one million viewers in just four days. Showing strong numbers, the movie is expected to be a box office hit.

The film is an adaption of a novel by bestselling author Gong Ji Young, which was based on a true story about a rape at a school.

Gong Yoo plays a newly appointed teacher at the school who, along with an activist, played by Jung Yumi, embarks on a crusade to reveal the violence and abuse suffered by the deaf students at the hands of their teachers.

It opened September 22 to high anticipation as it was based on a best-seller and it took on a tragic and dark story. It also was touted as actor Gong Yoo’s dramatic turn, who had come to stardom through romantic comedies such as the 2007 drama “Coffee Prince” and 2010 film “Finding Mr. Destiny.”

It seemed that audiences responded positively to the both the subject and Gong Yoo’s , as it drew 532,098 viewers in just two days from its open, to the most recent count of 914,369 viewers by the end of the fourth day.

It placed first over “Arrow, the Ultimate Weapon” which drew 122,665 viewers in its sixth week of screening.

Congratulations to Gong Yoo, Jung Yumi, and Gong Ji Young! It seems like it was a story that needed to be told and audiences are now listening to it.

Source : Soompi News

yay!!! Yumi unnie is going to France ^_^ ... lucky french fans -_-

Catch Korean films at the Festival Franco-Coréen du Film

cafenoir_7.jpg

Jung Yumi in Café Noir

Heads up to you Korean drama/cinema buffs in France: The upcoming 6th Festival Franco-Coréen du Film (FCFF) takes place in two weeks, and it’s got a pretty attractive lineup of Korean films, including an appearance by Jung Yumi (love her!), who stars in two of them (Cafe Noir and Come, Closer).

Two directors will also be in attendance: Kang Hyeong-cheol of the festival’s opening film, heart-warming girl-power comedy Sunny, and Yoon Sung-hyun of the lauded Bleak Night. (Both movies are at the top of my must-watch-asap list.) The festival closes with animated feature Leafie.

Below is a pretty cute trailer for the film festival, which takes you through the various genres being screened, using a shoe motif:

TRAILER

In addition to the films named above, feature screenings also include:

Anti-Gas Skin (방독피) (Fiction-experimental)

Bleak Night (파수꾼) (Fiction)

Cafe Noir (카페 느와르) (Fiction)

Castaway on the Moon (김씨표류기) (Fiction)

Cheonggyecheon Medley (청계천 메들리) (Documentary)

The Code of a Duel (도시락) (Fiction)

Come, Closer (조금만 더 가까이) (Fiction)

End of Animal (짐승의 끝) (Fiction)

Grandmother’s Flower (할매꽃) (Documentary)

Hello Ghost (헬로우 고스트) (Fiction)

Invasion of Alien Bikini (에일리언 비키니) (Fiction)

Late Autumn (만추) (Fiction)

Miracle on Jongno Street (종로의 기적) (Documentary)

Possessed (불신지옥)(Fiction)

Re-encounter (혜화, 동) (Fiction)

Sunny (써니) (Fiction)

The Unjust (부당거래) (Fiction)

There are also categories for short films and classics.

comecloser_15.jpg

Jung Yumi & Yoon Kye Sang in Come, Closer

You probably recognize some of those titles; we’ve written about a number of them previously :

- Sunny, the heartwarming comedy that depicts a group of girlfriends in the ’80s and follows them into adulthood, which stars Kang So-ra, Shim Eun-kyung, and Min Hyo-rin and was a box office hit;

- The critically praised indie film Cafe Noir, starring Jung Yumi

- The omnibus feature Come, Closer about broken relationships, again featuring Jung Yumi and co-starring Yoon Kye-sang

- Bleak Night, the intriguingly moody film about friendships that fall apart after one high school boy dies, and his father’s attempt to make sense of it all;

- Hyun Bin and Tang Wei‘s Late Autumn, which screened at Berlin and Toronto Film Festivals;

- Cha Tae-hyun’s I-see-dead-people comedy Hello Ghost, which screened at select theaters in the U.S. and is set for a Hollywood remake with Harry Potter director Chris Columbus;

- Possessed, the supernatural horror film starring Nam Sang-mi;

and The Unjust, a crime thriller featuring Hwang Jung-min and Ryu Seung-beom.

-For those not in France: FCFF has worked out a partnership with Mubi.com, who will screen FCFF’s competition of 17 short films online and for free during the whole festival.

Festival dates: October 11-18, 2011

Location: Le Cinema Saint-André-des-Arts (http://www.cinesaintandre.fr)

For more festival info: ffcf-cinema.com

Source : Dramabeans

Just saw this and need to reposted here ... (from Gong Hyo Jin's Soompi thread) :

Jeon Do Yeon , the best korean actress ( I think no one could doubt about that .... right? ) praised Yumi unnie :w00t: :

1316672071489_1.jpg

In an interview with Newsen/TV Report/Joy News/VOP, Jeon Do-Yeon singled out Hyo-Jin and Jung Yoo-Mi as the most promising juniors. Coming from the best damn actress in Korea, that's high praise indeed. ^_^

and I can't agree more with Jeon Do Yeon ... Yumi unnie is really on of the best actress of this era , she's truly amazing B)

OMG ... gooooooooooood news for Yumi unnie and the rest of the cast! w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Movie, ‘Crucible’ reaches 2 million views within just 10 days!

yumixw.png

Korean movie, ‘Crucible‘ featuring actor Gong Yoo and actress Jung Yoo Mi has held its first place spot at the box office by selling 2 million tickets in just 10 days since its release!

On October 2nd, the Tickets Integrated Computer Network of Korean Film Council announced that ‘Crucible’ sold 349,041 tickets on October 1st alone. The film’s cumulative attendance total is 2,141,960 people.

The movie is based on a novel of the same name, written by Gong Ji Young. The film depicts the true story of disabled children being abused and harassed by teachers at a school in Gwangju back in 2005. The movie has been praised for its successful transition from novel to a well-made motion picture.

Furthermore, the movie covered its entire production cost in the first 8 days of release, by selling 1.5 million tickets. The film has already been highlighted in several news programs.

On other movie news, ‘The Client‘, which features actor Jang Hyuk, Ha Jung Woo, and Park Hee Soon has earned itself the second spot with a cumulative attendance of 446,088 people. ‘Countdown‘ , ‘The Ultimate Weapon‘, and ‘Abduction‘ are currently following behind as 3rd, 4th, and 5th respectively.

Source : Allkpop

Guest lisante

She just finished her fourth and fifth Hong Sang-Soo films; In Another Country and The List with You Jun-sang and Isabelle Huppert.

She just finished her fourth and fifth Hong Sang-Soo films; In Another Country and The List with You Jun-sang and Isabelle Huppert.

are you sure??? :blink: ... I heard the rumours about her joining the cast but aparently nothing was confirmed .... sooo! at last she joined the main cast? did she acted alongside Isabelle Huppert? :mellow::w00t:

After Oki's Movie Im totally sure that Hong Sang Soo fall in love with Yumi unnie ... she's daebak! :w00t:

[star Date] Gong Yoo & Jung Yoo Mi

dogani.png

WATCH HERE

Credits : KBSWorld @ YT