Bae Doo Na 배두나

melusine

September 27, 2014
Bae Doo-Na, the best actress award in China’s “Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival” with ‘A Girl at My Door’
Source: Innolife Korea
11262_1.jpg
Actress Bae Doo-Na got the best actress award in international part of “Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival” held in China, with the film ‘A Girl at My Door’.
“Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival” is top 3 film festival in China region with ‘Hong Kong Film Award’ and Taiwan ‘Golden Horse Film Festival and Awards’. 
‘A Girl at My Door’ is the story that a police officer ‘Gyeong-Nam’ becomes to know a local girl ‘Do-Hee’. ‘Gyeong Nam’ came as a head of the local police station due to a shameful event. Bae Doo-Na takes the role of ‘Gyeong-Nam’. This film competed in ‘Un Certain Regard’ of the 67th Cannes Film Festival. 
Bae Doo-Na is shooting on USA SF drama ‘Sense 8’ in Seoul, where Wachowski brother and sister in ‘The Matrix’ series appear.

September 30, 2014
Bae Doo-na receives Golden Rooster
By Lee Sung-eun INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily
29233811.jpg

Actress Bae Doo-na, 34, won the highest honor for an international female actress at the Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Awards on Friday in Lanzhou, northwest China, for her lead role in “A Girl at My Door” (2014), according to local media yesterday.
The awards ceremony is known as one of three main film awards in Greater China - which refers to mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau - along with the Hong Kong Film Awards and Taiwan’s Golden Horse Awards. 
Bae won the Best Actress Award in the international film category.
Winners are selected by a judging panel organized by the China Film Association, and votes are cast by subscribers of Popular Cinema, a Chinese film magazine. 
In “A Girl at My Door,” the Korean actress plays a police station chief who tries to protect a young girl (Kim Sae-ron, 14) from being abused by her stepfather. The film premiered at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival as part of the Un Certain Regard section.
Bae, a former model who has played diverse roles in the local film and drama industry since 1998, went global in 2012 when she played a lead role in “Cloud Atlas,” co-starring Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Jim Broadbent and Hugo Weaving. 

September 29, 2014
BAE Doo-na Nabs Golden Rooster in ChinaBest Actress Prize for A GIRL AT MY DOOR by Pierce Conran KOBIZ
iAPgTGUSfyQjbQRDMNUl.jpg
Actress BAE Doo-na has triumphed at the 30th Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Awards, a four-day event featuring 100 films competing across 18 categories in Lanzhou in Northwest China. The acclaimed actress picked up the Best Actress prize in the international film category for her role in the July JUNG drama A Girl at My Door. BAE will next be seen in the sci-fi blockbuster Jupiter Ascending, her second Hollywood production, following Cloud Atlas (2012), which reunites her with the Wachowski Sblings. She also recently shot scenes for their upcoming sci-fi show Sense8 in Seoul. A Girl at My Door, which co-stars KIM Sae-ron and SONG Sae-byeok, debuted in the Un Certain Regard lineup of the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year to strong reviews. The film also screened at the Toronto International Film Festival and will next appear in the lineup of the Busan International Film Festival. Along with the Hong Kong Film Awards and Taiwan’s Golden Horse Awards, the Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Awards is considered one of the three most important awards ceremonies in the Greater China region. Winners are selected by a combination of a judging panel put together by the China Film Association and a popular vote spearheaded by Chinese film magazine Popular Cinema.

• 2 weeks later...

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="text-align: center; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Showbiz Korea-FASHION STYLES OF ACTRESS BAE DOO-NAcredit Arirang Kpop

• 4 weeks later...

November 10, 2014
Bae debuts for Louis Vuitton
By Sung So-young INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily
10075136.jpg

Louis Vuitton’s 2015 spring and summer advertising campaign featuring actress Bae Doo-na was unveiled yesterday on the luxury brand’s official Instagram account.
In the advertising campaign, shot by renowned French photographer Patrick Demarchelier, the 35-year-old actress gazes ahead, wearing a leather jacket and wide velour pants. 
So far, Bae is the only Asian actress to represent the brand, joining the likes of Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, Miranda Kerr and Michelle Williams. 
Bae has led a prolific career in film since debuting as a cover girl on a fashion magazine at age 16. 
She has since taken on various roles, from an archer who stands up against a monster living in the Han River in the 2006 hit film “The Host,” to a blow-up doll who develops human emotions in “Air Doll” (2009). 
Her robust portrayal of the sex doll in the 2009 Japanese film, directed by Hirokazu Koreeda, earned her a chance to work with Andy and Lana Wachowski in “Cloud Atlas” (2012). 
She also recently shot a drama series entitled “Sense8” that was co-directed by the brother-sister duo. 

November 17, 2014

July Jung’s ‘A Girl at My Door’ wins Best First Film award in Stockholm:By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com) KPOPHERALD

Korean filmmaker July Jung won the Best First Film award on Friday at the Stockholm International Film Festival for her feature directorial debut “A Girl at My Door.” 
The movie deals with social justice, child abuse, small-town politics and migrant worker issues. 
restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20141117
Korean filmmaker July Jung (left) gives an award acceptance speech after receiving the Best First Film award in the Stockholm International Film Festival in Stockholm, Sweden, Nov. 14. (Yonhap)
The 34-year-old director is the first Korean to receive the award at the festival, which is in its 25th year. The jury recognized her for taking a new approach to characters and settings.
“There is an existential excitement in seeing the intersection of basic human needs and in deciphering behaviors that we don’t understand fully, which nevertheless have shocking consequences,” the jury said in a statement.
At the festival, which took place from Nov. 5-16, six other Korean films, including “Revivre” by Im Kwon-taek and “Hill of Freedom” by Hong Sang-soo, were screened as part of the noncompetitive section “Asian Images.” The festival showcased a total of 201 films from 60 different countries. 
The official posters of “A Girl at My Door.”restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20141117
Actress Kim Sae-ron plays Do-hee in “A Girl at My Door.”
Starring Bae Doo-na (“Cloud Atlas” and “The Host”) and Kim Sae-ron (“The Man from Nowhere”), “A Girl at My Door” centers on the relationship between Young-nam (Bae), a promising police officer who was banished from Seoul to a small seaside village for misconduct, and Do-hee (Kim), a village girl who is abused by her stepfather. When Young-nam tries to help Do-hee, things go well for a while until Do-hee discovers her secrets. 
Jung graduated from Sungkyunkwan University and Korea National University of Arts, where she majored in film and multimedia. She directed a number of short films before “A Girl at My Door,” her first critically acclaimed feature. These include “A Man under the Influenza” (2007), which won a Sonje Award at the 2007 Busan International Film Festival, and “The Dog that Came into My Flash” (2010). “A Girl at My Door” was screened in the “Un Certain Regard” section, a showcase of emerging directors’ films, at this year’s Cannes International Film Festival in May. 
The official posters of “A Girl at My Door.”

• 1 month later...

December 29, 2014
Top 10 Korean Films of 2014
By Jason Bechervaise The Korea Times 18-01(158).jpg
This is a scene from "A Girl at My Door" directed and written by July Jung, and stars Bae Doo-na and Kim Sae-ron. / Courtesy of CGV Movie Collage
2014 has been yet another compelling year for Korean cinema. Audience numbers exceeded 100 million for the third consecutive year spearheaded by the success of the naval epic "Roaring Currents" that broke almost every record to become the most successful film of all time in the local box office. 
Yet, the local market share has dropped to the current 48.9 percent compared to last year's 58 percent, which is reflective of a strong year for Hollywood films including the unprecedented success of Disney's "Frozen" and Christopher Nolan "Interstellar" that both amassed over 10 million admissions. 
Nevertheless, this year has seen the release of a number of accomplished Korean films, though I would argue that commercial films, by in large, have been weaker compared to last year. But independent Korean cinema, especially documentaries are going through a particular exciting phase as evident in the top 10 films I've compiled for this year. 
1. A Girl At My Door
Although it wasn't a hit with audiences, and not all critics responded to it in the same way, it's reminiscent of the very best contemporary Korean cinema has to offer. Directed by July Jung, her feature debut follows a police officer played by the magnificent Bae Doo-na as she is relocated to a remote fishing town to take on the role as the new police chief, and befriends a troubled young girl called Do-hee (Kim Sae-ron) who is being abused by her stepfather. Produced by the renowned auteur Lee Chang-dong, it shares his appetite for engrossing social critique, but the film's delicate dark humor and its focus on female relationships differentiates it from his work.
2. A Dream of Iron
It's been a golden year for documentaries, not least with the tremendous success of "My Love, Don't Cross That River", but "A Dream of Iron" is in a league of its own. Focusing on Korea's ironworks and shipbuilding industries in the 1960s through to the present day, Kelvin Kyung Kun Park provides a fascinating and spiritual look at the country's manufacturing industry through some extraordinary cinematography accompanied by a rich and hypnotic soundtrack. 
3. Manshin: Ten Thousand Spirits
Tackling the subject of shamanism in a very accessible and insightful manner, this documentary follows the life of Kim Keum-hwa, Korea's most prolific living shaman. Directed by Park Chan-kyong, brother of Park Chan-wook, he mixes documentary footage with reconstructed scenes from her earlier life played by Kim Sae-ron, Ryu Hyun-kyung and Moon So-ri and expertly applies it to a historical and cultural framework.
4. Haemoo
Released not long after "Roaring Currents" "Haemoo" directed by Shim Sung-bo, unfortunately, struggled to find an audience, but it is far superior to Kim Han-min's period navel epic. Co-written and produced by Bong Joon ho who worked with Shim on his masterpiece "Memories of Murder" (2003), it's the strongest commercial film of the year owing to its terrific mise-en-scene, lighting and how it utilizes the limited space of a fishing vessel where, based on a true story, the captain and crew smuggle 25 illegal Korean-Chinese immigrants. 
5. A Hard Day
Action-thrillers can often run out of steam, but "A Hard Day" is an enthralling viewing experience from start to finish. Kim Seong-hun's witty and socially conscious script about a detective played by Lee Sun-kyun digging a hole for himself after a hit and run accident explores issues such as corruption has been well-received both home and abroad. 
6. Futureless Things
One of the appealing characteristics of Korean cinema, especially lower budget films, is how they convey different areas of society and culture. This little seen film is an endearing example of what the independent industry is capable of delivering. Kim Kyung-mook's enchanting and episodic narrative takes place in a convenience store painting a portrait of those who are part of contemporary Korean society. 
7. Confession
This impressive debut by Lee Do-yun adds a stylistic flare to the conventional tale of friendship when a faked robbery goes awry and results in the death of a gambling arcade owner that puts the relationship between three close friends in jeopardy. Visually outstanding, and includes notable performances by the leads: Ji Sung, Ju Ji-hoon and Lee Kwang-soo.
8. Hill of Freedom
A genuine criticism of Hong Sang-soo is that he has become repetitive and so his strongest work tends to emerge when he does something different. In his latest feature, he masterfully uses English to his advantage playing with language and stereotypes in humorous and stimulating fashion as Ryo Kase plays a Japanese man who travels to Seoul in search for a woman (Seo Young-hwa) he still has feelings for. 
9. Gyeongju
It's slow-paced, but Zhang Lu's story of a Beijing-based Korean professor (Park Hae-il) searching for a painting in a teahouse in the quaint city of Gyeongju is a thoroughly absorbing tale of nostalgia that shares much in common with Hong Sang-soo's filmmaking tendencies. Also stars Shin Min-a on excellent form playing the teahouse proprietor who forms a connection with the professor. 
10. My Place
The third and final documentary to feature in this top ten, "My Place" focuses on the rarely discussed topic of single motherhood in Korea. Directed by Park Moon-chil who follows his sister and parents as they adjust to the news that their daughter is to raise a child without a father, it's a rare and insightful glimpse into the issues they face.

December 29, 2014
A GIRL AT MY DOOR and HAEMOO Invited to Palm Springs IFFFirst Major Fest Invites for Korean Films in 2015
by Pierce Conran KOBIZuytuYmLnIeIRphvxkHOj.jpg
One of the earliest events on the film festival calendar, the Palm Springs International Film Festival will kick off its 26th edition on January 2nd. As with previous years, Korean cinema will be on the menu, with July JUNG’s A Girl at My Door and SHIM Sung-bo’s Haemoo bearing the flag for Korean films on the international stage in early 2015. Following its debut in the Un Certain Regard section of this year’s Cannes Film Festival, the drama A Girl at My Door, starring BAE Doo-na and KIM Sae-ron, and produced by brothers LEE Chang-dong and LEE Joon-dong, has been invited to a number of international events, such as the Toronton and Busan International Film Festivals, also winning the award for Best First Film at the Stockholm International Film Festival. In addition, JUNG’s debut film secured distribution in a clutch of key markets, including France and the UK. A Girl at My Door will screen in the ‘World Cinema Now’ section. Also featuring a star director turned producer, this time Bong Joon Ho, Haemoo, the debut of Memories of Murder (2003) scribe SHIM Sung-bo, is another work that has invited around the world, to the Toronto, San Sebastian, Vancouver and Dubai International Film Festivals among others. The sea thriller starring KIM Yun-seok and k-pop star PARK Yoo-chun will be featured in the ‘Awards Buzz: Best Foreign Language Film’ lineup as it was chosen as Korea’s official representative to next year’s Academy Awards, though it failed to make the final shortlist.

December 31, 2014
Celebrating the Year of the Sheep (related excerpt only)
By Kwon Mee-yoo The Korea Times
People born in the Year of the Sheep
People born in the Year of the Sheep are mild-mannered and against trouble. In addition to being soft and sympathetic, sheep people are also creative and elegant. The cool, serene blue color of the year will inspire the sheep to unleash its creative side.
Among "hallyu," or Korean wave, stars, young K-pop singers born in 1991, who will turn 23 next year, fall into the category of sheep people. Suho and Lay of mega-hit boy band EXO were both born in the Year of the Sheep as well as Key and Minho of SHINee; Lee Sung-yeol and Hoya of Infinite; Seohyun of Girls' Generation; and CL of 2NE1.
Actress Bae Doo-na, who appeared in the Wachowskis' 2012 movie "Cloud Atlas," was born in 1979, another Year of the Sheep. Her new film "Sense8," another collaboration with the Wachowskis, is expected to be released in 2015. Singer/lifestyle blogger Lee Hyo-ri was also born in 1979.
Among the mid-aged sheep people born in 1967, actor Song Kang-ho sticks out. Song starred as the late former President Roh Moo-hyun in the award-winning movie "The Attorney" last year and will return to the big screen as King Yeongjo in the upcoming film "Sado."

happy-new-year-2.gif

January 4, 2015
New year, new movies
By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com) KPOPHERALD
From local star directors to Hollywood sequels, a guide to Korean cinema in 2015 Last year may be remembered as an eventful year for the South Korean silver screen as a number of films rewrote box office history. The periodic action flick “Roaring Currents” drew 17.6 million viewers becoming the most-watched film of all time, while three other films joined the coveted 10 million viewer’s club, including “The Attorney,” “Frozen,” and “Interstellar.”
This year is also marked with a stellar lineup of new films from local heavyweight directors to Hollywood blockbusters -- some starring Korean actors. 
Here’s what we have to look forward to in 2015. 
Return of star directors
“Gangnam 1970” is the final installment of director Yoo Ha’s trilogy of “street series,” dubbed after his first two films that depicted street gangsters -- “Once Upon a time in High School” (2004) and “A Dirty Carnival” (2006). 
The noir action film is set against the backdrop of an exploding real estate market in Seoul’s Gangnam district in the 1970s, a turbulent era under the so-called developmental dictatorship of military strongman Park Chung-hee. Two childhood friends find themselves forced to become enemies, mired with misunderstanding, revenge and conspiracy. The film marks the big-screen debut of heartthrob Lee Min-ho as he joins actor Kim Rae-won. 
The film opens in theaters on Jan. 21. 
Following 2012’s box-office hit “The Thieves”-- which garnered 12.98 million viewers -- director Choi Dong-hoon is back with another star-studded flick “The Assassination.”
Actress Jun Ji-hyun and actor Lee Jung-jae from “The Thieves” star with actors Ha Jung-woo and Cho Jin-woong. The film tells the story of assassins taking out a pro-Japanese group set in Shanghai and Seoul in 1930s. 
The film is slated for release in July. 
Renowned director Im Kwon-taek’s 102nd film “Revivre” will be released here in March, following the critically acclaimed premiere at last year’s Venice Film Festival.
Based on Korean author Kim Hoon’s award-winning novel “Hwajang” (Korean word with two meanings: makeup and cremation), the film centers on a top marketing executive at a major cosmetic company (played by veteran actor Ahn Sung-ki) who falls in love with a young women when his wife is dying of a brain tumor. It is Ahn’s seventh film with the director.
More Hollywood glory days?
Riding on the success of last year’s Hollywood flicks, including “Frozen” and “Interstellar,” this year also brings a lineup of imported blockbusters, peppered with Korean actors, vying to win over the hearts of cinemagoers here. 
“The Avengers: Age of Ultron,” a highly-anticipated superhero sequel to the 2012 box office hit, will arrive in the theaters in April. The viewers will finally be able to see the superheroes fighting their battles in different venues in Seoul, including Mapo Bridge, Saebit Dungdungseom and Gangnam district, as the flick was filmed here last March.
Marvel Comics’ favorite heroes, including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), assemble again to battle their new nemesis Ultron (James Spader). 
Newcomers for this edition feature Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and Dr. Cho, a friend of Iron Man played by Korean actress Kim Soo-hyun. 
The Wachowski brothers, credited with the hit movies “The Matrix” and “Cloud Atlas,” are delivering another mind-boggling sci-fi thriller “Jupiter Ascending” in February. 
Korean actress Bae Doo-na will appear in her second Wachowskis’ film since “Cloud Atlas” (2012), alongside Mila Kunis, Channing Tatum and Eddie Redmayne. 
Actor Lee Byung-hun stars in “Terminator Genisys,” the fifth installment in the “Terminator” series which is said to serve as a sequel, prequel and reboot to the series. The former governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger returns to his Terminator role after a hiatus from the fourth installment.

• 4 weeks later...

January 28, 2015
BAE DOO NA HAS BEEN BETTY BOOPED FOR VOGUE KOREA’S FEBRUARY 2015 ISSUEhttp://couch-kimchi.com/2015/01/28/bae-doo-na-has-been-betty-booped-for-vogue-koreas-february-2015-issue/0003_zps5uqtqoto.jpg~original
In the February pages of Vogue Korea, Bae Doo Na resembles Betty Boop trapped in a virtual checkers game. However, the actress’ intense and modern look is actually inspired by the style of the 60s.
Doo Na is sporting the limited MAC Toledo Collection, which is a collaboration between the makeup brand and designer duo Isabel and Ruben Toledo.
Meanwhile, the actress recently wrapped filming for the Wachowski’s Netflix series Sense8.0001_zps2mqkjkyo.jpg~original0002_zpswgsjaq9r.jpg~originalSource  |  The Star

January 29, 2015
Actress Bae Doona makes another Hollywood appearance in "Jupiter Ascending"
Source: TVDaily via Hancinema.net
photo557570.jpg
Bae Doona will be in Wachowski sibling's Sci-Fi blockbuster, "Jupiter Ascending", in which she shows off her face adorned with a morning glory tattoo.
On January 29th, the film released Bae Doona's still images.
Bae Doona in the still image is dressed in futuristic fighter costumes and looks free-spirted and charismatic. The morning glory flower pattern on her left cheek and her forehead catches your eyes.
She took on the role as a headhunter chasing after Juipter for prize money.
Bae Doona will show her strong acting performance along with the top Hollywood actors such as Channing Tatum, Eddie Redmayne, and Sean Bean, while she will present her powerful action acting skills to the global moviegoers.
This film is Bae Doona's third appearance in Wachowski sibling's works after film "Cloud Atlas" and drama, "Sense8"

February 2, 2015
Bae Doo-na, Song Hye-kyo return to silver screen
South Korean actresses Bae Doo-na, 35, and Song Hye-kyo, 33, will return to the local silver screen with two new films in the coming months, set to capture the attention of both domestic and international audiences.
Bae Doo-na will appear in “Jupiter Ascending,” a star-studded Hollywood film starring Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum. 
The upcoming release will mark Bae’s third appearance in a film directed by the Wachowski Brothers, following “Cloud Atlas” and “Sense 8.” The movie will hit the local theaters on Feb. 5
The following month, actress Song Hye-kyo will appear in the new Chinese film “The Crossing,” directed by world-famous film director John Woo. 
Song stars alongside Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi and Japanese actor Takeshi Kaneshiro. 
The movie is scheduled to release in March 2015.
khnews@heraldcorp.com

February 5, 2015
BAE DOO NA FOR HIGH CUT VOL. 143 + MORE OF THE ACTRESS FOR VOGUE KOREA’S FEBRUARY 2015 ISSUEhttp://couch-kimchi.com/2015/02/05/bae-doo-na-for-high-cut-vol-143-more-of-the-actress-for-vogue-koreas-february-2015-issue/

For her recent High Cut pictorial, a sensual Bae Doo Na goes for less coverage to draw attention to the Adidas Originals shoes she’s brandishing.
Meanwhile, check out additional Vogue spreads of the actress from the February issue, and go here for the previously released ones.
High Cut, Vol. 1430001_zpsidwchau0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

February 13, 2015
Bae Doo-na returns to Korean film in The Romantichttp://www.dramabeans.com/2015/02/bae-doo-na-returns-to-korean-film-in-the-romantic/

BaeDoona1.jpg
As one of a small handful of successful crossover stars, it seems like Bae Doo-na (Jupiter Ascending) is pretty much in a new project every other day. With two more collaborations with the Wachowskis under her belt — the movie Jupiter Ascending and the Netflix TV series Sense8 — this year she has plans to return to Chungmuro, a year after her last domestic film, Do-hee. The new melodrama is called The Romantic, and is an omnibus movie about various men and women and their romantic entanglements.

February 17, 2015
BAE Doo-na Returns Home for THE ROMANTICWachowski Siblings’ Muse Makes Korean Film Comeback by June Kim /  KOFIC  cQuRyalWRkOTeWYMTeiS.jpg
According to multiple news outlets, global actress BAE Doon-na is currently in the final stages of negotiations for new Korean feature The Romantic (working title). The film is an omnibus romance that will tell the stories of multiple couples. Other than BAE, RYU Hyun-kyung (Manshin: Ten Thousand Spirits, 2013), OH Dal-su (Ode to My Father) and OH Jeong-se (How to Use Guys with Secret Tips, 2013) are also considering offers. This film will be BAE’s return to the domestic arena, a year after the Cannes-selected and festival favorite A Girl at My Door. BAE has a strong filmography both domestically and internationally, having worked with renowned Korean filmmakers like PARK Chan-wook and BONG Joon-ho and dipped her feet into Japanese films through Linda Linda Linda (2005) and Air Doll (2009). After starring in the Wachowski siblings’ Cloud Atlas (2012), BAE was called back to participate in their upcoming Netflix series Sense8. The series, which was partially shot in Korea with the assistance of the Korean Film Council’s Location Incentive Program, is scheduled to be release this year. Another feature from the Wachowskis starring BAE is Jupiter Ascending, which was released earlier this month. The Romantic is expected to start shooting in May once casting is complete.

• 2 weeks later...

February 26, 2015
Dublin Film Festival Invites A GIRL AT MY DOOR, FREE FALLKorean Films on Show in Dublin by Pierce Conran /  KOFIC   Next month, the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival will kick off once again in Ireland on the 19th, presenting an eclectic program of global cinema. Among this year’s lineup, a pair of Korean films, both festival favorites, will feature among the lineup, July JUNG’s A Girl at My Door and György Pálfi’s Free Fall. A debut film by JUNG which was produced LEE Chang-dong, A Girl at My Door stars BAE Doo-na, KIM Sae-ron and SONG Sae-byeok and premiered in the Un Certain Regard section of the Cannes Film Festival last year. It has since gone on to screen at numerous events to great acclaim, including in Busan, London, Melbourne and in Stockholm, where it picked up the prize for Best First Film. From the Hungarian filmmaker behind Taxidermia (2006), Free Fall was one of last year’s Jeonju Digital Projects, the first year that the film festival commissioned feature-length works. The others were SHIN Yeon-shick’s The Avian Kind and PARK Jung-bum’s Alive. Pálfi’s film features a series of vignettes that take place in an apartment block as an elderly woman walks back up to her home after falling out of the window. The Jameson Dublin International Film Festival will conclude on March 29th.

March 6, 2015
2015 Chunsa Film Art Nominations AnnouncedA HARD DAY Nominated in Four Categories by June Kim / KOFIC The Chunsa Film Art Awards is a domestically run event organized by the Korean Film Directors’ Association. It will be having its 19th edition on March 18th, at 6pm in the Seoul Press Center. The Chunsa Film Art Awards had paused operations after 2010 and this will be their first ceremony in four years. The event was first founded in 1937 to commemorate director NA Wun-kyu. The awards categories include the Grand Prix (Best Director), Screenplay Award, Technical Award, Actor Award, Actress Award and Special Jury Award (New Director). Few films were nominated in multiple categories, with A Hard Day leading the pack. The film was nominated for the Grand Prix for director KIM Seong-hun, as well as the Screenplay, Actor and Technical prizes. Roaring Currents is a close second with three nominations in the Grand Prix, Actor and Technical sections. Ode to My Father, Haemoo, A Girl at My Door, Han Gong-ju and KUNDO: Age of the Rampant all have two nominations each. From March 9th to the 15th, the jury members of the Chunsa Film Art Awards will screen the works until the Awards take place on March 18th. Full list of nominations is listed below: Grand PrixHow to Steal a Dog – KIM Sung-hoGyeong-ju – ZHANG LuA Hard Day - KIM Seong-hunRoaring Currents – KIM Han-minHill of Freedom – HONG Sangsoo ScreenplayOde to My Father – PARK Su-jinA Hard Day- KIM Seong-hunC’est Si Bon – KIM Hyun-seokThe Whistleblower – LEE Chun-hyeongCart – KIM Kyung-chan ActorOde to My Father – HWANG Jung-minKUNDO: Age of the Rampant – HA Jung-wooA Hard Day – LEE Sun-kyunRoaring Currents – CHOI Min-shikDetective K: Secret of the Lost Island – OH Dal-su ActressA Girl at My Door – BAE Doo-naCart – YUM Jung-ahHan Gong-ju – CHUN Woo-heeHaemoo – HAN Ye-ri TechnicalKUNDO: Age of the RampantA Hard DayRoaring CurrentsThe Fatal EncounterHaemooThe Pirates New Director10 Minutes – LEE Yong-seungSet Me Free – KIM Tae-yongA Girl at My Door – July JUNGThe King of Jokgu – Woo Moon-giHan Gong-ju – LEE Su-jin

March 11, 2015

Bae Doona breaks up with Jim Sturgess

Source: Nate via Hancinema.net

photo573932.jpg
Actress Bae Doona and English star Jim Sturgess are no longer a couple. Her management announced, "Please understand that we can't reveal more of her personal life".

The two of them met with the release of the movie "Cloud Atlas". They were lovers in the movie who developed into real lovers.

The two of them appeared at the Cannes Film Festival in May last year together and stole the show.