Korean Hip-Hop

Guest Plissken

Guest robot_victim

Hmm... BIG BANG! :D

I keep wondering what this thread is doing in underground. Hip-hop/rap cannot be underground in Korea. Yeah, right.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FLY HIGHHH

I really bothers me how people say Epik High "use to be cool" but now they're too mainstream. If the reason you don't like them now is because all the sudden they're popular, then that's just stupid.

And then if you want to say "oh well their music changed", that's also not true. Yes, their singles are a bit fast and have a little bit of pop flavor in them, but if you listen to the other tracks on the Swan Songs album, they're really just as god as their older albums, if not better.

Anyhow, I really recommend Epik High. Powerful lyrics and hard beats.

i agree. the only thing that changed about them is their popularity.

Hmm... BIG BANG!

omg..... no comment.

Guest calvinENG.fc3s

I keep wondering what this thread is doing in underground. Hip-hop/rap cannot be underground in Korea. Yeah, right.

Garion.

i agree. the only thing that changed about them is their popularity.

I'll have to agree on this one.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Come again?

Garion = underground hip-hop trio.

There's plenty of underground k-hip-hop, it's not like every hip-hop group made in Korea thus far has made it big. Most of the mainstream hip-hop is hip-pop, with few exceptions.

Epik High would be mainstream, if the lyrics were mainstream. They wouldn't have gotten censored so much with RTHS. They still rap about issues in the world and I think that's what hip-hop should be about.

Anyways...umm...I like EH, of course and...TBNY from what I've heard from them. IF, Drunken Tiger...I really don't know that many haha

Big Bang is NOT hip-hop xD They were always marketed as a boyband that can rap.

Guest Sputnik26

Thanks for the list but ill forever be a big bang fan

1tym, Jinusean and all that YG crap aint real rap, bust in tha k-underground section to get better answers.

CB Mass is ill, give Joosuc a shot to

Epik High used to be ill, but they're gettin a lido too mainstream for me

heres a list of some good rappers i got from k-underground:

디지 (Deegie)

Spit Fire

2DR

45RPM (they've been around for a lot longer than their 1 mainstream album)

Digiry

Diz One

Dope Boyz

Drunken Tiger (드렁큰타이거)

Dynamic Duo

Free Style

개화산 (Gae Hwa San)

Gaknagne

Honey Family

Infinite Flow (I.F)

주석 (Joosuc)

Keeproots

Lee Hyun D.O.

Lee Ssang

Master Chang

Master Plan

Master-J

MC 한새 (MC Hansai/MC Hansae)

MC K

MC 몽 (MC Mong)

MC Sniper

Mo Phatt

MP Hiphop

Onesun

P-Type

Panic

Rapgas

R-EST (Raw Esthesia)

Tasha (T)

Uptown

UTR

Vasco

X-Clan

X-Teen

양동근 (Yang Dong Geun)

Yoon Hee Jung (윤히정)

김진표 (Kim Jin Pyo)

대한민국 (Dae Han Min Guk/Gook)

Ok I just say MP Hiphop walking it out and you called them real hip hop? Nah not if they fall into that crap music walk it out.

Guest robot_victim

^

^

Yep, Jiggy Fellaz are indeed working on their 2nd album. It even said so in the back cover of Unf**kable. Therefore, should be around March.

222qh4.jpg

This was from Joe Brown's Mixtape - Vasco Presents Unf**kable Mixtape Vol1.

unul7.jpg

This mixtape is downloadable at ZD: http://www.z-degrees.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=21530

B-)

HAHAHA, what a title! This is the highlight of my day. Oh Korea.

Guest algerlanny

i most definitely recomment EPIK HIGH, and HONEY FAMILY. mos def....

does anyone know where I can find HONEY FAMILY 4th album 'YOUR WORDS'?

i'm new to them and love their music... a lot.

O U T S I D E R !

is he underground, though?

i see him featured in so many albums recently :T[

nevermind. went back a few pages. :]

so pwnage xOx i would kill to be that pro.

and

MC Sniper, Taktak, Vasco, Joosuc, Quiett <3, etc.

Guest algerlanny

I know this is a little old, but eh whatev. I wanna put my piece in anyway.

ALRIGHT you guys. I am a big bang fan. but not for their looks. YES i like their looks, but I like their music foremost. To me RAPPING is RAPPING. NOT to be confused with RAP MUSIC. I saw someone earlier say that a few artists just sing fast. well as far as I know you have to say things fast to rap in the first place.

I love EPIK HIGH. And to me it sounds like whoever is hating on them is just doing it because they're getting noticed now. Their fourth album talks about the government, and things going on in the world. They had a lot of their stuff censored, because of that. If thats not 'REAL', then I don't know what is. ALSO. there was a post a few pages back that stated they were mad because EPIK HIGH turned their back on them. It seems to me, and I agree with the person who replied to their post, that you turned YOUR back on them. if your a fan your a fan. bottom line. Either support them or dont.

YG is hip/hop. R&B. And the people who are getting mad and talking bad about the YG Fam... well you just need to stop. because quite frankly I dont see you with a contract. Nor do I see you making it big ANYWHERE. And if I'm wrong well then please correct me.

It seems that UNDERGROUND fans and MAINSTREAM fans have a grudge. Which I think is stupid, and pointless.

I get tired of listening to "I make tha' doe, and I kill that dude, or I F***ed this Ho." Why not rap about something funny or that actually matters? But that's just me.

Ok so some people dont understand music. so. they can tell talent from none. that is unless they are just fans for looks. I garantee you a little kid can tell if someone can rap/sing or not. or whether they have talent. i know because my 9 year old sister does it all the time. to me, you dont have to be able to read music, and know about composition to like music. othewise I wouldnt like it. simply because i dont know as much about music.

once again guys no hard feelings, these or just my thoughts. feel free to say what you will, im not rude so im not gonna bash anyone for leaving an open opinion. :sweatingbullets:

it just aggrivated me how people say ignorant things(not saying everything i commented on was an ignorant satatement on the original posters side) <_<:sweatingbullets: and i wanted to say what i felt looking through these pages.

Guest koreanangel149

Hmm... BIG BANG! :D

they used to be more hip hop oriented and i really liked their songs

when they first came out but now its more pop-ish than hip hop...

but i still like their songs

Guest bhebie9

I'm so excited bout the Jiggy fellaz 2nd album! Do you guys have any on Untouchable?

Anywho... Joe Brown's mixtape was awesome! The skits are pretty funny too ^^;;

YG is hip/hop. R&B. And the people who are getting mad and talking bad about the YG Fam... well you just need to stop. because quite frankly I dont see you with a contract. Nor do I see you making it big ANYWHERE. And if I'm wrong well then please correct me.

I get tired of listening to "I make tha' doe, and I kill that dude, or I F***ed this Ho." Why not rap about something funny or that actually matters? But that's just me.

Algerlanny, there seems to be one major contradicting issue in your opinion. You seem to be a YG fan, and yet you say you're tired of rappers rapping about money, murders, girls, etc. However, that seem to be the major theme in the YG "hip-hop" groups. I have to admit YG has some talented R&B and pop singers. However, it is the very fact that YG "rappers" (e.g. ITYM) like to rap about stuff (just like the so-called American gangsta rappers) that makes me wanna turn off their music. (Example. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pH8k2COES8c).

The reason that I am all for the MOVEMENT music is because they got real poetry in their music (not ALL, but most). When you look at artists like Drunken Tiger, LeeSsang, Sean2Slow, Tasha, etc, these are real street poets with real issues to talk about.

To me, YG to other Korean hip-hop artists is just like comparing 50 Cent to Common (or Talib Kweli). Sure, one may be more popular and makes more money. However, for real hip-hop fans to enjoy music, I think most of them would agree that music with real content is the one (and the only) thing we listen to.

This, too, is a personal thought. No hard feelings, and I'm not being rude or anything - just a personal opinion.

Archived