Lee Ki Woo 이기우

Guest FeYuSu

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Lee Ki Woo:<br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; ">망했다....여기캐나다야?? 뱅기잘못탔나???눈대박.... 클랐네...집에언제가냥

kiwooleen1.jpg

Uri Onion talking about Suicide prevention campaign... :wub:

20111223_leekiwoo.jpg

‘Flower Boy Ramyun Shop‘ actor Lee Ki Woo was the next star to be interviewed on the topic of suicide for a suicide prevention campaign led by major Korean media outlets like TV Report and BNT News.

Titled ’A Beautiful Korea Living Together‘, the campaign aims to fill Korean society with love and hope, and has brought together the support of top stars to speak on the issue in hopes of bringing more attention to the cause.

Q. “What do you think about suicide? What do you think leads people to make such extreme decisions?”

“Everyone suffers from heartache. Unless you’ve gone through exactly what they are suffering from, you’ll never know how much pain they are suffering from. Still, suicide should never be an option. If you flip the world ‘suicide (ja sal)’, it becomes ‘to live (sal ja)’. When you go to the army, there are a lot of suicide prevention posters as well as training and lessons. I think listening to people that need help is one of the biggest ways to help the cause. If someone has at least one other person to hold on to and have their story heard, it could go a long way in preventing that person from thinking of ending their life.”

Q. “Was there ever a moment so difficult that you wanted to end your own life?”

“Ever since I was little, I saw my family overcome obstacles by coming together and fighting through it as a family. So even if I myself as an individual felt hardship, I never felt that I was alone. I can clearly see how much it would hurt my family if I were to give myself up that way.”

Q. “How do you overcome your obstacles?”

“I exercise, go out for drinks with my manager or close friends, and talk with my family.”

Q. “Do you know any celebrities on the brink of suicide?”

“I did see some, as well as some that just couldn’t come out of the ditch they had thrown themselves in. Whenever I see that, I’ll ask if we could go out for a meal and try to get them to think about their life in a different light. The rest is up to them.”

Q. “What will you be pursuing in the future?”

“I’m planning to take a break over the winter. I began working on a drama immediately after being discharged so I didn’t have a lot of freedom. I hope to go on vacation with some friends and train for my next drama. There are also Japanese promotions lined up starting January so I’ll also be studying up on the language.”

Source + Photos: Star News via Naver

Source : Allkpop

• 1 month later...

Hi mhelz and dan358 ^_^ ... gosh, It's been a while since I droped here ... sorry =(

anyway , after a long time , finally we have good news about Ki Woo oppa ... he left SidusHQ after many years and joined S-Plus Entertainment . Now he's family with Kang Ji Hwan( Hong Gil Dong ) and Nam Goong Min ( Can You Hear My Heart? ) ... omona! 3 of my fav actors under the same agency? :wub: :wub: :wub:

Here's an article about this great news :

Lee Ki Woo Signs Exclusive Acting Contract

20120217.02500119040263.01L.jpg

Lee Ki Woo has signed an exclusive contract with hallyu star Kang Ji Hwan′s agency, S-Plus Entertainment. After completing his mandatory military service last year, Lee made a successful comeback with tvN′s Cool Guys, Hot Ramen as the eccentric yet charming, genius chef.

The director of S-Plus Entertainment Seo Hee Chul said, "Lee is an easy-going actor with a ‘good guy’ image, yet at the same time has a bold and masculine side. He has a vast experience playing diverse roles in both movies and dramas. Even before his time in the army, he managed to receive accolades and praise for his acting skills and his popularity skyrocketed with his role in Cool Guys, Hot Ramen. Through our exclusive contract, we plan to support Lee until he can fully realize both his natural talents and hidden potential and ultimately, make him a global star.

Lee debuted in 2003 with the movie Classic and left a memorable impression on viewers.

He also had roles in A Love to Kill, Outrageous Women, Star′s Lover, A Tale of the Cinema, Sad Movie and Lost in Love, choosing the varios roles in order to broaden his acting horizon.

For the time being, Lee has decided to focus on dramas and will soon re-introduce himself to viewers.

Source : Enews

• 3 weeks later...

oh my cat .... our pillar is back to small screen with a new sitcom alongside Jung So Min and Ryu Jin w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif * tears of joy * :D :D :D

Lee Ki Woo joins cast in upcoming MBC sitcom

20120309115644_4f59716c0bfa0_1.jpg

Korean actor Lee Ki-woo has joined the cast of an upcoming MBC sitcom, making it his second project since being discharged from the military last year.

On Friday, his agency S-Plus Entertainment announced in a press release that Lee will play the younger brother of actor Ryu Jin in MBC's new sitcom tentatively titled "Standby" scheduled to hit airwaves next month.

S-Plus said that Lee will play Ryu Ki-woo who is a comical and unpredictable character while and form a relationship with actress Jung So-min.

"Standby" will focus on the everyday stories of producers, writers and announcers working at TV11, a broadcasting company. It will also star Park Jun-keum, ZE:A member Siwan and Kim Yeon-woo.

Lee made his debut in 2003 in the movie "The Classic" alongside top actors Cho Seung-woo, Zo In-sung and Son Ye-jin. He has since been in a number of series such as SBS' TV series "Not Alone" and "Star's Lover."

He also has several films under his belt including "Sad Movie (2005)," "Lost in Love (2006)" and "Lost and Found (2008)." His latest work is tvN's TV series "Cool Guys, Hot Ramen" opposite Jung Il-woo and Lee Chung-ah.

Source : 10 Asia

LEE KI WOO JOINS MBC SITCOM “STANDBY”

kiwoosb1.jpg

Some are hoping that METS‘ Siwan will be paired with Jung So Min in MBC’s upcoming sitcom Standby, but it doesn’t seem likely due to their characters’ age gap … But Lee Ki Woo would do, no? Weeee!

Lee Ki Woo’s agency just announced today that the actor is confirmed for Standby, portraying Ryu Jin‘s younger brother. And according to 10asia, “Lee will play Ryu Ki Woo who is a comical and unpredictable character while and form a relationship with actress Jung So Min”.

So, the relationship may not be a romantic one. It could be platonic, but their onscreen interactions should be fun to watch! Jung So Min will have to wear high heels every time they share a scene together because she’s tiny, and he’s a pillar

Anyway, Standby marks Lee Ki Woo’s second project since being discharged from the army. His first was the tvN hit Flower Boy Ramyun Shop with Lee Chung Ah and Jung Il Woo.

Standby comes out next month.

Source : Couch Kimchi

wahhh i'm dying ... thanks dear pillar! :lol:

Lee Ki Woo cast for "Standby"

photo226596.jpg

Lee Ki-woo has been cast for the new MBC sitcom "Standby".

A sequel to "High Kick 3, The Short Legs Counterattack", "Standby" is about the things that go around between producers, writers and announcers in a broadcasting system. Lee Ki-woo will appear as Ryoo Ki-woo, Ryoo Jin's younger brother who is optimistic about everyting and sociable which makes him popular. He is tall and appealing but he's actually quite playful and tricky, being able to control those around him. He ickles and bickles with Jeong So-min downstairs and create fun episodes.

"Standbye" is made up of the cast Ryoo Jin, Jeong So-min, Si Wan, Park Joon-geum, singer Kim Yeon-woo and more. To be aired in early April.

Source : Hancinema

Lee Ki Woo joins Standby to romance Jung So Min

leekiwoo_41.jpg

Lee Ki-woo has picked his next TV project, and well, that does it; now I’m just going to have to watch Standby, aren’t I? Especially since he’ll be embarking on a bickering romance with Jung So-min, the gullible village girl in the big city. Sweet!

As the latest addition to the MBC sitcom set in a television station, Lee Ki-woo plays a character named Ryu Ki-woo, which means he’s going to be playing Ryu Jin’s younger brother. (When actors are cast as siblings in sitcoms, they’ll often keep their first names and then just adjust the family name to match the elder actor, like Seo Ji-seok did in High Kick 3.)

The character of Ki-woo has an optimistic, sociable nature and is full of good cheer. He’s handsome and charming on the outside, but in actuality he’s a mischievous type, and “has everyone wrapped around his finger.” What, like that’s bad? *Unwraps self momentarily.* I love how both brothers are described as looking cool and perfect, but are all quirky on the inside. (Elder brother Ryu Jin is desperate to make it to the big time as a news anchor and starts on a campaign to advance himself at the station.)

Jung So-min lives downstairs from Ki-woo, and the two will embark on a “cute love story.” Aww, I can’t wait. Standby premieres in April.

Source : Dramabeans

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

too bad i started noticed him on FBRS :tears: i should've notice him long before *le cries

hahaha awwwwww , don't feel bad ^_^ ... welcome to the pillar's thread :lol: :lol: ^_^

More lovelines and flashbacks in Standby

standby23.jpg

Well, that’s one way to grab our attention, isn’t it? Jung So-min and Im Shi-wan haven’t been in many of the promos for upcoming sitcom Standby, so now’s their chance in the spotlight. And cute almost-smoochies are always an attention-getting way to reel us in; we’re cheap like that.

He plays a high school student in his last year, who for some reason is staying at a jjimjilbang (sauna). She plays a country girl who relocates to the big city and takes up a number of odd jobs, among them one at the same jjimjilbang. They end up being chased by a gang of adolescent delinquents, and their escape lands them in close quarters. And thus begins their loveline.

The other leg of the love triangle comes with Lee Ki-woo, who said of the romantic pairing, “It feels good [to have that loveline]. In my past projects, I’ve mostly played characters in one-sided loves, so this is practically the first where my character is on the receiving end.”

Lee describes his character as an affectionate person who doesn’t speak much, but is perceptive to the feelings of others. Even so, he’s awkward at expressing his own feelings.

He said of his first sitcom project, “Sitcoms have changed a lot and compared to the past, there is less of a burden on comic acting. More than a pretty boy who lacks any sense of reality, I wanted to portray a cheerful character who could help viewers unburden from the difficulties of reality. I had faith in this project because of the combination of Jeon Jin-soo PD and writer Park Min-jung, who did sitcoms I enjoyed watching like Three Men, Three Women and the Nonstop series.”

Then there’s Ha Suk-jin, who is described as a cool, competent, and perfect announcer at the broadcast station, thereby making him the rival to his bumbling colleague Ryu Jin. Which might lead one to believe he was always the hotshot… but for the “past” photos showing what he was really like in high school. A big ol’ dork. Hahaha.

Apparently Suk-jin and Ki-woo were in the same class in school, and the mischievous Ki-woo had put raw garlic in Suk-jin’s lunchbox. Too bad Suk-jin’s allergic. The two men meet up years later at the broadcast station, and Suk-jin vows revenge. Who says perfect men can’t be petty?

Standby goes live on Monday, April 9, and will air daily.

standby24.jpg

Source : Dramabeans

Jung So Min keeps annoying Lee Ki Woo on Standby

92.jpg

Jung So Min, who once annoyed Lee Ki Woo by eating his noodles, again annoyed him by pouring water on him.

In the episode of MBC TV’s daily sitcom Standby that aired on April 10, So Min poured dirty water on Ki Woo.

So Min, who annoyed Ki Woo by eating his noodles and flopping down on his lap in the previous episode, annoyed him again by pouring water on him.

So Min promised him to wash his clothes but couldn’t keep it, and Ki Woo who was just wearing an apron with his top taken off became a monkey in a zoo.

However, Ki Woo just laughed off her mistakes, and it was tipped that there would be a love story between them soon.

Source : Korea.com

Guest snowflakesj16

Sure Pictorial Behind-the-Scene photos from Lee Wan Ho (http://blog.naver.com/spf25/)

qPuUH.jpg

seXGt.jpg

YpYu8.jpg

0tiQ6.jpg

7HAil.jpg

loUs6.jpg

ol67v.jpg

Credit: as labelled

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just know him some days before, when I watch "Flower boy ramyun shop".
 And I totally in love with him. I wish I knew him sooner. He is richard simmons handsome and tall. He's also cute and talented. Is he just perfect lol
I like to call him Mr Pillar or Mr Onion ~ hehe so cute <3
He's now in sitcom "Standby but it has so many episodes. I think I cant stand long sitcom.
I'll share some photos from his official sites

G2S3g.jpg
xfXnw.jpg
hfkAV.jpg
rIJ3M.jpg
BbWgT.jpg
VVtsx.jpg
yE60H.jpg
wWxVf.jpg
b4uR3.jpg
Df27R.jpg
5OqKi.jpg