Lee Ki Woo 이기우

Guest FeYuSu

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20081205000640_0.jpg

Actor Lee Kiwoo is taking a similar role in every drama he acts in, drawing much attention.

Up to date, Lee Kiwoo always took the role of a first love with a top star older than him.

Lee Kiwoo was the partner of Son Yejin and became her husband in his debut movie ‘Classic,’ and after that he had partners such as Um Jiwon, Yoon Jinsuh, Shin Mina, and Park Jinhee. The case was the same for him in dramas. In the latest drama he will appear in, Lee Kiwoo is the counterpart of Hallyu star Choi Jiwoo, who he has an affair with in his first extramarital affair drama, goin on with his tradition. He took the role of a second generation chaebol, or extremely wealthy person, and fights with Too Jitae for Choi Jiwoo. Although his counterpart was always a top star, it is also true that his love never came true in any of his dramas or movies.

Lee Kiwoo says, “In this drama, my counterpart is top star Choi Jiwoo, but I think I will have to give up my love to my competitor Yoo Jitae. I want to find my own love already.” The new SBS drama ‘Star’s Lover’ will be aired starting on the 10th.

*up to date : 오늘까지

*partner = counterpart : 상대방, 상대역

*have an affair with ∼ : ∼와 바람이 나다

*extramarital affair : 외도

*extremely : 매우, 극단적으로

*wealthy : 부유한

*give up : 포기하다

*competitor : 경쟁자

http://sportsworldi.segye.com/Articles/Ent...&subctg2=00

Guest huangsy

source : Yahoo Korea

탤런트 이기우의 단골배역은 ‘연상녀의 첫사랑’

[스포츠월드] 2008년 12월 05일(금) 오후 09:11 가 가| 이메일| 프린트

이기우(사진)는 지금까지 여배우들을 상대하면서 항상 톱스타 연상녀만 상대하는 첫 사랑역만 맡아왔다.

데뷔작인 영화 ‘클래식’에서 손예진의 상대역으로 결혼까지 한 이기우는 이후 출연작마다 엄지원, 윤지서, 신민아 그리고 최근에 호흡을 맞춘 박진희까지 모두 연상녀를 상대로 연기를 하는 진기록을 세웠다. 이는 드라마에서도 마찬가지. 이기우는 첫 드라마외도에서 한류스타 최지우의 상대역을 맡아 ‘전통’을 이어갔다. 그가 맡은 역은 재벌 2세로 유지태와 최지우를 놓고 한판 대결을 벌이게 된다. 상대역이 모두 톱스타였다는 행운에도 이기우는 한번도 출연작에서 사랑을 이루지 못했다는 징크스가 있다.

이기우는 “이번 출연작도 상대역은 최고의 스타 최지우지만, 경쟁자인 유지태에게 사랑을 양보해야 될 것 같다”라며 “이젠 내 사랑을 찾고 싶다”고 말했다. 한편, SBS 수목드라마 ‘스타의 연인’은 오는 10일부터 방송된다.

Actor Lee Kiwoo is taking a similar role in every drama he acts in, drawing much attention.

Up to date, Lee Kiwoo always took the role of a first love with a top star older than him.

Lee Kiwoo was the partner of Son Yejin and became her husband in his debut movie ‘Classic,’ and after that he had partners such as Um Jiwon, Yoon Jinsuh, Shin Mina, and Park Jinhee. The case was the same for him in dramas. In the latest drama he will appear in, Lee Kiwoo is the counterpart of Hallyu star Choi Jiwoo, who he has an affair with in his first extramarital affair drama, goin on with his tradition. He took the role of a second generation chaebol, or extremely wealthy person, and fights with Too Jitae for Choi Jiwoo. Although his counterpart was always a top star, it is also true that his love never came true in any of his dramas or movies.

Lee Kiwoo says, “In this drama, my counterpart is top star Choi Jiwoo, but I think I will have to give up my love to my competitor Yoo Jitae. I want to find my own love already.” The new SBS drama ‘Star’s Lover’ will be aired starting on the 10th.

*up to date : 오늘까지

*partner = counterpart : 상대방, 상대역

*have an affair with ∼ : ∼와 바람이 나다

*extramarital affair : 외도

*extremely : 매우, 극단적으로

*wealthy : 부유한

*give up : 포기하다

*competitor : 경쟁자

Lee Kiwoo was the partner of Son Yejin and became her husband in his debut movie 'Classic,' and after that he had partners such as Um Jiwon, Yoon Jinsuh, Shin Mina, and Park Jinhee. The case was the same for him in dramas. In the latest drama he will appear in, Lee Kiwoo is the counterpart of Hallyu star Choi Jiwoo, who he has an affair with in his first extramarital affair drama, goin on with his tradition. He took the role of a second generation chaebol, or extremely wealthy person, and fights with Too Jitae for Choi Jiwoo. Although his counterpart was always a top star, it is also true that his love never came true in any of his dramas or movies.

Lee Kiwoo says, "In this drama, my counterpart is top star Choi Jiwoo, but I think I will have to give up my love to my competitor Yoo Jitae. I want to find my own love already." The new SBS drama 'Star's Lover' will be aired starting on the 10th.

http://sportsworldi.segye.com/Articles/Ent...&subctg2=00

It's a nice article but it's not quite true. His character, Rookie, found love in Outrageous Women. I wanted his character to end up with his best friend's girl in "The Longest 24 Months." I thought they had great chemistry and I really liked their bed scene :D

His character's car, using in new drama Star's Lover.

<Infiniti SUV FX50S>

740766649659lj6.jpg

pic from Google

Same car in A Love To Kill, but this one is newer model.

PS. I do think his character in A Love To Kill and Star's Lover are similar. yet drive the same car (Infiniti SUV) :lol:

2008 Mucha Jewelry Charity Bazaar and Korean Jewelry Awards (8 Dec 2008)

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...p;newssetid=746

Lee Ki Woo with Cha Ye Ryun. (both from Star's Lover)

23124.jpg

[이기우 인터뷰①] "반듯한 엘리트 이미지 깨고 싶어요"

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

k3126.jpg

43125.jpg

[이기우 인터뷰②] "아직은 영화인 육성 프로그램 수강생쯤 되는 듯"

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

q3128.jpg

h3127.jpg

이기우 "실제 인생에서는 짝사랑 벗어나야죠"

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_sh/20081...CC%B1%E2%BF%EC+

43131.jpg

f3132.jpg

..and Sweet Lies stillcut

s3133.jpg

LKW will be a guest on several TV programs.

11 Dec 2008 : 11 PM : KBS2 'Happy Together 3' featuring Lee Ki Woo, Jo Han Sun, Park Jin Hee. (it's tonight!)

18 Dec 2008 : 11 PM : SBS '연애시대' featuring Lee Ki Woo.

...ahhh, yesterday Star's Lover first episode aired. and still no Kiwoo *cries* :tears: hope he will come out in second episode tonight.

wuuuaawww!!!

riss_d~~~

u know what we want,

the handsome ki woo :lol::w00t:

thank u, thank u~~

u r welcome. hehe

Guest Happy_Day

Awww.. Seems LeeKiWoo is a little frustrated and sad over being type-cast in dramas.. That's always the case for newbies. It took GongYoo about 10 years to break out of his "high-school boy" role, didn't it?, or a really long time at least. Hope LKW doesn't take as long in breaking out of his "first love, clean-cut elite" roles. I'll take him any way though, his acting really is pretty good.

He is sooo sexy though, and I think he's even taller than JoInSung! And he's got really sharp features but still manages to look approachable. :)

Guest _stripes

hey does anyone know this show he acted in as a baseball player?he fell in love with his tenant whos a dentist .

anyone who knows? please do let me know !! thanks alot :))

Awww.. Seems LeeKiWoo is a little frustrated and sad over being type-cast in dramas.. That's always the case for newbies. It took GongYoo about 10 years to break out of his "high-school boy" role, didn't it?, or a really long time at least. Hope LKW doesn't take as long in breaking out of his "first love, clean-cut elite" roles. I'll take him any way though, his acting really is pretty good.

He is sooo sexy though, and I think he's even taller than JoInSung! And he's got really sharp features but still manages to look approachable. :)

wow.. so right! he almost got the same role in everything. maybe his appearance. tall, handsome, model-like-figure and sweet smile. isn't he Dreamboy of us girls? maybe that's why we've seen him a lot in roles of first love and perfect man. i mean, come on.. i wanna see him in a role that contrast with his looks .. some serious role, humble role (arghh!! no more wealthy role, i'm sick of it) etc. i think he can!! well, hope someone will give him a difference.

with 192cm tall, he's definitely taller than Jo In Sung, and almost everyone in korean entertainment :lol: sometimes i thought he is too tall for being an actor. haha

hey does anyone know this show he acted in as a baseball player?he fell in love with his tenant whos a dentist .

anyone who knows? please do let me know !! thanks alot :))

it's a MBC drama in 2006 called "Rude Women"

Guest Happy_Day

^ KK glad you agree. He is a hottie isn't he? I think he could do well if given the chance given his acting skills are good. Very natural although his height sometimes makes him look awkward. I notice sometimes his posture is a little slumped like he's ashamed of his tallness. I love it though.

On the contrary from his usual sweet roles, his real personality seems a little different. I was a little surprised on a talk show when he seemed really confident (a little cocky) and outspoken. Not the sweet guy I thought he'd be. :)

Last night, Happy Together 3 got #1 rating at 16.6%

some caps from the news of Kiwoo today

credit daum news

20081212003051100113400gh0.jpg

he revealed that his type is Yoo Ho Jung. (lead actress from Rude Women)

20081212011615100113428om5.jpg

2008121208202710011tk5.jpg

20081212094426158020945ch1.jpg

wow~~ his family members are all tall! really...

him 190 / brother 189 / father 184 / uncle 185

494183b51e1973595723cm7.jpg

494183b03d7a73874033ns4.jpg

42761173ek1.jpg

pics from daum cafe