[drama 2008] Hong Gil Dong 쾌도 홍길동

Guest crybabytt

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest plumangel3

thanx for the many pics :)

i'm so excited XD

i loved Capital Scandal too!! looking forward to having PD/Director Lee Jung Sub directing this :)

KJH's looks funny w/ the sunglasses everytime i see it ^^

Guest maisara

OMG! i dunno that Kang Ji Hwan is going to star in Hong Gil Dong :w00t:

i feel so bad coz ive been a fan of him since Fireworks, how can i miss it! OMG! LOL

anyway, its good to know that he'll be in another drama after Capital Scandal.

i havent watch Capital Scandal yet just finished dloaded it =D

im really looking forward to this drama and this time he's with Sung Yu-ri, love her in Snow Queen :)

so it will be air for 24 episode? cant wait!

Have you ever seen Delightful Girl Chun Hyang? Also one of the Hong Sisters' biggest hits back then..it was aired 1-2 years before My Girl. It was also a very well delivered drama. The writers had the knack of capturing funny moments WITH exaggeration, but without letting you feel it's over the top. I was so impressed by Chun Hyang that I rewatched twice in a row after it ended..My Girl, of course..one of the best comedy dramas out there, was par to Chun Hyang, hence I was even more impressed with the writers' skills. Fantasy Couple was good, altho it wasn't as funny as My Girl, you can't deny that it's good. Just that maybe some elements were not there, I'm not sure what tho..

Back to HGD, the trailer certainly looks interesting to me. I'm more convinced that it's going to be a BLAST because I know KJH's gonna nail the funny role perfectly, and create another Jae Hee-Myong Rong/ Lee Da Hae- Yu Rin wave. He showed us so much in Capital Scandal that's he's so much more than just pretty looks.. very talented and certainly won't disappoint in goofy roles. (how could you not love Sun Woo Wan in Capital Scandal?) I can't say anything about Sung Yu Ri tho..not a fan, nor do I hate her or anything. Just that, there's nothing much to say about her acting. BUT I love all her costumes (in the pics)...and from the trailer, she seems to be doing quite a good job with her expressions. I hope she can change my mind about her..hehehe...

Hope you'll be following the drama all the way till the very end?

p/s: btw, I have not seen you for ages..where have you been? Which dramas have you watched? Just being curious..cos I love reading analyses..hehehe..^_^

Agree with you here...Fantasy Couple wasn't as well done as My Girl or Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang. I watched them probably a billion times...but I have a feeling that this historical drama is gonna be awesome. It's something new...because most of the historical dramas airing right now aren't comedies, so I feel this one is gonna be a success again. And 24 episodes!!! I can't wait ^^. I've never really seen a Korean comedy historical drama before, the only ones I've seen were Chinese, and those did not disappoint. Doesn't the blue outfit/vest worn by SYR remind you of Xian Yan Zi from HZGG? So I'm really hoping that this will be a breakthrough again like My Girl. I'm not quite a fan of KJH or SYR, but hopefully this will change my mind. Keep in mind that I've only seen KJH in Fireworks and SYR's acting has improved somewhat in Snow Queen. But I think their roles fit in perfectly, and from the posters, both of them look SO good together.

I'm looking forward to seeing the high ratings and the hype again :)...it's a Hong sisters drama after all. And the trailer <3...

Guest bwitched

hehe..I've seen

1)KJH in Fireworks, 90 days falling in love and Capital scandal. he's an awesome actor. His look is not my type but he's an actor that has an appearance on camera. He's natural and he's an actor that's hard to forget. And yesterday I tried to watch save the last dance for me. I didn't know that he had a role in that drama. So funny watching him brought a small and not an important role. And he's really tall compared to Eugene.

2)Sung Yuri, eventho I'm not a big fan of her I've watched 3 of her dramas. Prince first love, snow queen and one fine day. I can see that she's improving. And who can deny that she's an eye candy. All I can say is that she's forever casted in a drama with big names in it..she's a lucky actress.

3) Have only seen him in Lovers in Prague. But I've heard a lot of his acting ability.

In short I wanna say that I have a big hope for this drama..and I'm sure it won't be dissapointing. This drama will have the same timeslot with robbers which cast is as big as HGD..Lee Da Hae n Jang Hyuk. Many are hesitating between the 2 dramas, but I have my priority on Hong Gil Dong all the way.

I don't have a problem with the theme of the drama because i'm a big fan of Hong kong's history-comedy dramas. The fusion works really well

Guest Happy_Day

Kang Ji Hwan and Sung Yuri both haven't had successful dramas in a long time. Well, SungYuri actually never really had a great drama, and Kang Ji Hwan doesn't do so well after Aja GeumSoon.

I hope this isn't one of those mediocre dramas again.

Sung Yuri looks so cute~ I'm glad she's not doing one of her typical princessy roles again. She looks like an anime character in those pics haha

Kang Ji Hwan and Sung Yuri both haven't had successful dramas in a long time. Well, SungYuri actually never really had a great drama, and Kang Ji Hwan doesn't do so well after Aja GeumSoon.

I hope this isn't one of those mediocre dramas again.

Sung Yuri looks so cute~ I'm glad she's not doing one of her typical princessy roles again. She looks like an anime character in those pics haha

capital scandal was quite successful. although the ratings didnt show it, people in korea enjoyed it. read the message boards and stuff =D its because war of money was on at the same time so ppl didnt tune into capital scandal right away. but i agree that aja geumsoon was by far his more successful.

snow queen was also quite popular, wasnt it? i dunno never really watched it although i was a huge hyunbin fan. (dont like sad dramas)

those two dramas were NOT mediocre well definitely NOT capital scandal. capital scandal had the right amounts of anything. i suggest you go watch it.

anyways i cant wait to watch this... couting the days.. even though it feels like forever lolls. i havent seen a great fusion drama since damo =DD

ripgal the pics from the previous page <33 hehe kangjihwan looks esp hot in the first pic *drools*

but even before that.. JANGGEUNSUK LOOKS SO <333 omgsh he looks so good never imagined him with long hair (unless hes cross dressing lolls) he looks really hot esp the fighting scenes.

^ I'm as excited as you are chinggu..

And yes, JGS loooks super good looking in the ancient costume..and it doesn't help with his manly voice!

How am I supposed to choose? :o

(hahaha..actually KJH's already the winner.:wub: I just LOVEEEEEE HIM)

Guest Happy_Day

capital scandal was quite successful. although the ratings didnt show it, people in korea enjoyed it. read the message boards and stuff =D its because war of money was on at the same time so ppl didnt tune into capital scandal right away. but i agree that aja geumsoon was by far his more successful.

snow queen was also quite popular, wasnt it? i dunno never really watched it although i was a huge hyunbin fan. (dont like sad dramas)

those two dramas were NOT mediocre well definitely NOT capital scandal. capital scandal had the right amounts of anything. i suggest you go watch it.

anyways i cant wait to watch this... couting the days.. even though it feels like forever lolls. i havent seen a great fusion drama since damo =DD

ripgal the pics from the previous page <33 hehe kangjihwan looks esp hot in the first pic *drools*

but even before that.. JANGGEUNSUK LOOKS SO <333 omgsh he looks so good never imagined him with long hair (unless hes cross dressing lolls) he looks really hot esp the fighting scenes.

i'm not completely sure about capital scandal, but the snow queen was pretty much a failure in korea.

many unsuccessful, unpopular dramas in korea are actually favorites on soompi, which is really funny lol

but sungyuri has improved in her acting, and i like to watch her just coz she's so pretty haha

Guest KimEunHye

Joo Ji Hoon is not in this drama right?

I heard from Wikipedia, he walk away from the production a week before the filming started

that's why the role was given to Kang Ji Hwan

another actor rejected the role of Hong Gil Dong's best friend, Chang Whee too...

wonder why they turned down their respective roles...

but well, I love to see Kang Ji Hwan & Jang Geun Seok in this comical series!

Snow Queen was a disappointed drama but I think Capital Scandal was really good. At first, I dont like those kind of dramas which filmed in 40-60s. But I gave a try for CS because I liked two main actors, KJH and RJ. At the end, I enjoyed it a lots. I think the rating wasnot good because of War of money aired at the same time.

I'm sure that KJH is a potential actor. His acting skill is good. The only thing he needs now is some more luckiness and a really significant drama to shine!!

I'm looking forward to watching this drama.

Archived