So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

*** Earlier this year,So Ji Sub, who was known for not disclosing his private life, drew attention by opening an SNS account. He revealed the reason why he decided to start using SNS and break his “mysterious” image. Recently, in a recent interview with Herald POP at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, he expressed his will to have fun once he started using SNS. He said,I created it because of fans. Haven’t I been blunt and boring so far? If I don’t have any project, I don’t show up at all, and looking back, I feel sorry for the fans. I’m not good enough even now. But I think it would be fun to share things with fans, who can see me through SNS. They can also recall memories by looking at the photos, and like the posts for a long time. I want to be fun rather than cool. I thought it would be easier to post strange photos, but it’s harder than I thought.”    :kaching1:

so ji sub

source :https://news.nate.com/view/20221122n31960?mid=n1008

*** So Jisub shared that he is always thinking of which photos to upload next ever since he made his Instagram account some months ago during his meeting with the press for an interview. He explained why he decided to make his Instagram, "It's all because of my fans. Until now, I've only shown them a boring and unfriendly side of me. When I wasn't filming, they had no idea what I was up to as well. Even when I was busy with shootings, I didn't really tell them about it. Looking back, I felt bad. I felt like I haven't been such a good person to them. I know it's quite late, but I wanted to share something with them from now on. I also thought my longtime fans would like to see photos of me from the past, because the photos would take them back to that time. So, I didn't want to fill my Instagram with 'cool' photos of me. I wanted to fill it up with more of fun photos. It seems easy if I just uploaded photos of me looking comical, but that's actually not as easy as it may sound. I'm constantly thinking of which photos to upload next."  After he made his Instagram about some months ago, he has been busy uploading funny photos with interesting comments.   :heart4:

source : SBS Star

*** So Jisub and his wife were spotted on a casual date for the first time yesterday, November 27th. The painter, Park Seobo uploaded about his exhibition with a caption - "Actor So Jisub came (to the exhibition) a while ago. His wife made a reservation and they came together. Those who came on that day must have felt like winning the lottery."  Jo Eunjung, his wife can be seen holding So Jisub's arm. This is the first time that they have been captured side by side since their private wedding some years ago.   :happydance:

20221128_054442_408_bwife2.jpg

20221128_054509_386_ubwife.jpg

5 Korean actors with outstanding successes in 2022, known for visuals that age like fine wine

2022 introduces fans to a lot of successful K-dramas and movies, and below are some notable actors with outstanding works within this year. 

So Ji Sub

In 2022, So Ji Sub has been active on both the big and small screen. First, his K-drama “Doctor Lawyer”, where he starred alongside Shin Sung Rok and Im Soo Hyang received a lot of critical acclaim, and the actor’s portrayal boasted no flaw to be seen. 

Then, So Ji Sub appeared on the big screen with “Alienoid”, a comedy and action fantasy film which featured Kim Woo Bin, Kim Tae Ri, and Ryu Joon Yeol. In a sense, this movie was compared to a “hot pot”, which combines Western sci-fi with Eastern fantasy, as well as Korean folklore and myths with aliens. 

alienoid

So Ji Sub in “Alienoid” 

While “Alienoid” did not do as well as expected in terms of box office sales, it is expected to bring new wind to the Korean film industry, which is still reluctant against sci-fi. 

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://kbizoom.com/5-korean-actors-with-outstanding-successes-in-2022-known-for-visuals-that-age-like-fine-wine/

• 2 weeks later...

5 Korean Romantic Movies That Will Make Your Heart Flutter

photo1599568.jpg

Almost all of us love watching romantic movies. Whether it be Titanic or Groundhog Day, there's something special about these kinds of films. But why do we love romantic films so much?

Research suggests that the reason romantic films are so popular is that love is one of the core emotions we respond to. We are all social creatures and thrive on receiving and giving love. As well as this, love satisfies our desire to feel worthy and needed.

For many years now, movie writers across the globe have tapped into our love of love to try and make their films more appealing and popular with audiences. One country that has done this more than most is Korea. In fact, we have seen many romantic movies released over the last few years from this part of the world, including "A Moment to Remember" and "Always".

However, these aren't the only movies worth mentioning. Here's a list of some of the Korean romantic movies that are sure to make your heart flutter:

photo1599567.jpg

1. "Always"

"Always" is one of the best romantic films ever released in South Korea. It tells a story of a professional boxer who had retired from his job and become a parking lot attendant. While working as an attendant, he meets a blind telemarketer with whom he falls madly in love.

Where to Watch

Powered by JustWatch

photo1599563.jpg

5. "Be with You"

The South Korean film, "Be with You", is based on a novel by Japanese writer Takuji Ichikawa.

This film is all about a lady called Soo-ah. At the start of the film, Soo-ah is dying. However, before she does, she promises her husband to return one year later. As promised, Soo-ah returns to see her husband the following year. However, she has no memory of ever meeting him.

We all love watching and reading about successful romances, which is why romantic movies are so popular. Thankfully, there are a lot of incredible Korean romantic movies for us to enjoy. If you're ready to feel the love, why not watch some of the films we've listed above?

Just make sure you've got your tissues ready.

• 2 weeks later...

*** SJS made meaningful memories with fans through the Japanese fan meeting of MBC’s drama “Doctor Lawyer” held in Osaka on Dec 15th and Tokyo on Dec 17th after many years since the promotion of “My Secret Terrius”, so it had a different meaning for both fans and So Ji Sub. He gave fans special pleasure from talking about his recent status, to behind-the-scenes stories of “Doctor Lawyer”. He went down the stage. He also gave photos to fans who solved the quizzes and taking selfies with fans’ mobile phones. He showed affection generously, made a bracelet with his name on it and gave it to a fan, who was selected via lottery. At the end of the event, he said, “I was so happy to be able to be with fans again. I hope we can meet again in good health, and I hope that your family will be filled with happiness and fortune.“    :kaching3:

So-Ji-sub-2-27122022-2.webp

So-Ji-sub-1-27122022-1.webp

So-Ji-sub-1-27122022-2.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/818892

• 2 weeks later...

Five Korean films are up for Asian Film Awards

Five Korean films scored nominations by the Asian Film Awards (AFA).  

The AFA is run by the Asia Film Awards Academy (AFAA), which the Hong Kong International Film Festival, Busan International Film Festival and Tokyo International Film Festival joined forces to set up in 2013.

Thirty works from 22 Asian nations were nominated, including Korean films “Decision to Leave,” “Broker,” “Emergency Declaration,” “Alienoid” and “The Apartment with Two Women.” 

Director Choi Dong-hoon’s “Alienoid” is nominated for visual effects and costume design.  

The 16th AFA awards ceremony will take place on March 12 at the Hong Kong Palace Museum.  

(skipped unrelated.....)

BY HALEY YANG [yang.hyunjoo@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2023/01/06/entertainment/movies/decision-to-leave-asian-film-awards-afa/20230106183723810.html

***  I re-watched his latest drama, "Doctor Lawyer" since I wasn't able to watch this continuously during airing because of lack of time. Overall, I  felt that the show is overly dramatic, especially the entrances to the courtroom. But, “Doctor Lawyer” is a fantastic and definitely a worthy comeback project for So Ji-sub. I always love medical dramas.  And I find this drama very good.  :Megalol:

• 2 weeks later...

7 K-Dramas Written By The Legendary Hong Sisters

Check out these award-winning K-Dramas written by the legendary Hong Sisters!

In many cases, one of the main factors that draws K-Drama fans into a series is its wonderful cast. They leave a note-worthy impression with their acting prowess that viewers cannot help but tune into their various shows. But no matter how good their acting might be, even they are unable to salvage a drama filled with plot holes and unnecessary twists that only leave your head spinning.

But that's not the case for the Hong Sisters, Hong JungEun and Hong MiRan, who have gained worldwide fame for penning multiple award-winning series. They've garnered a reputation for writing hit after hit, becoming a respected name in the Korean entertainment industry. They specialize in romantic comedies chock-full of side-splitting puns and a quirkiness that will have you begging for more.

Now, let's take a look at 7 K-Dramas written by the legendary Hong Sisters.

3. "The Master's Sun"

7 K-Dramas Written By The Legendary Hong Sisters

SBS

Who could forget the multi-award-winning SBS drama, "The Master's Sun". The critically acclaimed series features the legendary So JiSub and Kong HyoJin. The drama revolves around arrogant CEO, Joo JoongWon (So JiSub), and the troubled Tae KongSil (Kong HyoJin). Due to an accident, KongSil has the ability to see ghosts. However, these ghosts disappear when the two touch.

"The Master's Sun" keeps it light and fun with the Hong Sisters' usual humor and quirkiness. But that doesn't mean there isn't any depth, as its characters change notably throughout the series. The character development and romance make it a worthwhile watch, even years after its release.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/7-kdramas-written-by-the-legendary-hong-sisters/

Must-See Korean Romance Films to Tug at Your Heartstrings

If you're not a fan of K-dramas, why not give Korean romance films a try? Unlike K-dramas, you don't have to wait a week for the next episode, and you can immerse yourself in a romantic world in just one sitting. To get you started, here are six heart-wrenching Korean romance films that you should definitely check out!

2. "Always": Released in 2011, a love story that really is a tear-jerker, a former boxer finds himself falling deeply in love with a blind woman. This movie is full of twists and turns, and you'll be on the edge of your seat really rooting for this couple's happy ending!

5. "Be With You": Featuring So Ji Sub and Son Ye Jin, this film was released in 2018 and is actually a remake of the 2004 Japanese film! Who says you can't fall in love with the same person twice? As is the case for So Ji Sub, who plays 'Woo Jin' in this movie!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/01/must-see-korean-romance-films-to-tug-at-your-heartstrings

Here Are The 15 Highest Paid K-drama Actors in 2023

The South Korean media continues to grow bigger every year with its slew of high quality projects from outstanding stars.

Apart from their versatility and unrivaled visuals, most K-drama actors are also offered a handsome amount of salary for their hard work.

2. So Ji Sub
From being a model, swimmer, rapper to transitioning as an actor, So Ji Sub has over two decades of experience.

Here Are The 15 Highest Paid K-drama Actors in 2023 2

He has also been in popular dramas like “What Happened in Bali” and “Oh My Venus.” Sitting at No. 2, So Ji Sub has a whopping net worth of 41 million USD.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2023/02/03/here-are-the-15-highest-paid-k-drama-actors-in-2023/

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

New Drama news :) *Maybe*

SoJiSub reportedly to lead a new webtoon-based drama PlazaWars, it’s still at the early stage of production. It tells the story of two organizations which survived in the fight for supremacy of Seoul in front of the National Assembly Square in Yeouido.

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. I hope he's going to take the role with new title “Plaza Wars”. I'm curious

whether he will greet viewers again through this new noir drama. Wait & see......   :Woah:

0003126932_001_20230207105901192.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=108&aid=0003126932

• Like 1

So Ji Sub In Talks To Star In New Noir Drama

So Ji Sub may be starring in a new drama!

On February 7, Star News reported that So Ji Sub was offered a role in the new drama “Plaza Wars” (working title).

In response to the report, So Ji Sub’s agency 51K Entertainment shared, “So Ji Sub has received an offer to star in the drama ‘Plaza Wars.’ He is currently reviewing the offer, and it is not yet confirmed.”

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Plaza Wars” depicts the story of two gangs that survived a fight for supremacy in Seoul in front of the National Assembly Plaza in Yeouido. The story centers around a man who begins to uncover secrets after the sudden death of his younger brother.

So Ji Sub starred in various projects including the films “Alienoid” and “Confession” as well as the drama “Doctor Lawyer” in 2022. Anticipation is high for whether he will greet viewers again through this new noir drama.

Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565644wpp/so-ji-sub-in-talks-to-star-in-new-noir-drama

27 Best Korean Movies of all time: From ‘Parasite’ to ‘The Handmaiden’ and more

Here’s a list of some of the best Korean movies ever, the finest works of Korean cinema and a sneak peek into their synopses and reception.

In the last few years, Korean dramas have managed to amass a massive fanbase for themselves. Shows like ‘Goblin’ and ‘Descendants of the Sun’ transcended boundaries and acquired almost a cult following. Similarly, K-pop groups like BTS, BLACKPINK, and EXO were able to deliver their music across space and ages. While the world has showered Korean dramas and music with a lot of attention and affection, Korean cinema also has its share of cinematic gems to offer to the world. Here’s a list of some of the best Korean movies of all time. 

23 | Rough Cut (2008)

Rough Cut

• Release Year: 2008
  • Directed By: Jang Hoon 
  • Stars: So Ji Seob, Jang Hee Jin, Hong Soo Hyun
  • Run Time: 113 min
  • Genre: Action, Crime, Drama
  • Movie description: Gang Pae, played by So Ji Seob, is a crime leader who dreams of working in movies. His life takes an interesting turn when he runs into Soo Ta, a short-tempered actor. The two decide to team up on a project on the condition that all their action sequences must be real. ‘Rough Cut’ makes for an interesting watch as each man tries to constantly outshine the other. This South Korean crime drama was nominated for and won a myriad of national and international cinematic awards. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/27-best-korean-movies-of-all-time-from-parasite-to-the-handmaiden-and-more-1208382

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

So Ji Sub may be starring in a new drama!

On February 7, Star News reported that So Ji Sub was offered a role in the new drama “Plaza Wars” (working title).

In response to the report, So Ji Sub’s agency 51K Entertainment shared, “So Ji Sub has received an offer to star in the drama ‘Plaza Wars.’ He is currently reviewing the offer, and it is not yet confirmed.”

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Plaza Wars” depicts the story of two gangs that survived a fight for supremacy in Seoul in front of the National Assembly Plaza in Yeouido. The story centers around a man who begins to uncover secrets after the sudden death of his younger brother.

So Ji Sub starred in various projects including the films “Alienoid” and “Confession” as well as the drama “Doctor Lawyer” in 2022. Anticipation is high for whether he will greet viewers again through this new noir drama.

Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565644wpp/so-ji-sub-in-talks-to-star-in-new-noir-drama

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. I prefer the title only "Plaza". In case he takes this role, I'm curious on what kind of appearance So Ji Sub will show in this drama.  :heart3:

• Like 1

10 Best Korean Movies for Learning Korean in 2023

photo1625182.jpg

In this piece, we'll take a look at the top 10 Korean films for language learners in 2023. There should be plenty for every person on the agenda as we examine films from a wide range of genres. We have what you're searching for, whether it's a thrilling mystery or a beautiful romance. Yes, this is usually a subjective matter but nevertheless, we tried to select only top-notch cinematography pieces that will surely help you learn Korean with films better. Without further ado, let's see what we've got for you.

photo1623963.jpg

6. "The Battleship Island"

"The Battleship Island" is a film that was produced in Korea and published in the year 2017. The events take place in 1944 and tell the story of a group of captives who are compelled to labor on Hashima Island, which is a mining operations peninsula. The Japanese army puts the detainees in labor and treats them as slaves while they are in their custody. The film tells the narrative of the inmates and their efforts to live on the island where they were held captive.

Anyone interested in learning more about the background and culture of Korea should see this piece of cinematography.

You can check more information about it on websites to write essays as there are commonly experts that have published its in-detailed plot. The film is also an excellent resource for enhancing one's knowledge of the Korean language. The film is sold on DVD and Blu-ray, which can be obtained either online or through the majority of the country's most significant stores.

"The Battleship Island" is directed by Ryoo Seung-wan, and features Hwang Jung-min, So Ji-sub, Song Joong-ki, Lee Jung-hyun, Kim Su-an, Lee Kyung-young. Release date in Korea: 2017/07/26.

Where to Watch