So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Now Showing

b3bfc96fca8a46d0b0bcd3840a4cfa5b.jpg

Be With You

Soo-ah (Son Ye-jin), before passing away makes an unbelievable promise to her husband, Woo-jin (So Ji-sub), to return one year later on a rainy day. Miraculously, she keeps the promise and reappears, but the relief at their reunion is short-lived, as it turns out that Soo-ah has to leave her family once again. Directed by Lee Jang-hoon.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

on last week's Entertainment Weekly (16.03.18) , here are the short clips (translated in English) - there are 10 sections to it. 

credit to : IG ohmysojisubssi

Jisub-ssi, you are amazing even with just a simple recipe strawberries with sugar and chocolate coated. You made it with love. 

Have a lovely weekend. 

• Like 1

Wow...yesterday was an exciting for all of us. Our One and Only landed in Taiwan airport for the Premier, press conference as well as stage greetings with his Taiwanese wives from 27-29 March 2018.. He will be there with PD-nim Lee  Jang Hoon. Check-out some of the short clips from airport, red carpet as well as premier stage greeting.

Thanks to our contributors from IG.

Upon arrival..:)

Preparation @ Lux Cinema

Arrival.... i think PD-nim is not quite used to this kinda of attention. Our King of Manner seen to be overlooking all the time... 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg1EA8WBB2VNE_UT4d7kYlZ0qvomwEQCcfua9k0/?taken-by=youmysun0308

At the red carpet

At the  Premier Stage Greeting - gifts from fan...

• Thanks 1

51k_official posted a cute photo of our Jisub-ssi in pink. Wow...Jisub-ssi we are really glad that you're starting to communicate with us thru IG. We regret to hear that www.sojisub.com is no longer active since there were many threats attacking the site. We hope there will be another option for us to post our Love Letters to you.

On another note, Congrats that Be With You has hit 2 million viewers...hopefully by end of this weekend where his stage greetings will bring the 3 million viewers. Anyhow, please take good care of yourself and enjoy Taiwan.

Looking so gorgeous in Pink and believe me, our One and Only carries this colour really well :wub:. Yesterday press interview and stage greetings.

I love this shot most...seated together with the audience. 

Cr. IG

Good news! ....Let's pray for 3 million viewers next:wub:

http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/SEGL_Press_Release_29_March_2018.ashx?App=Announcement&FileID=494847

SPACKMAN ENTERTAINMENT GROUP

60c20236340b9e9fb39d7f6a3eea051c?AccessKeyId=CFB69E6CC12E39216AB4&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

NEWS RELEASE

BE WITH YOU, STARRING KOREAN MEGASTARS SON YE-JIN AND SO JI SUB OF SPACKMAN ENTERTAINMENT GROUP’S ASSOCIATED COMPANY, SPACKMAN MEDIA GROUP, CROSSES 2 MILLION MARK AT THE KOREAN BOX OFFICE •

• BE WITH YOU, which debuted #1 and broke the all-time first week box office historical record for romance film in Korea, recorded total ticket admissions of 2,026,532 and gross box office revenue of US$15.2 million, and played on an average of 1,073 screens, as of 28 March 2018
  • The Group is one of the major investors of the film, co-presented by MS Team and 51k, wholly-owned subsidiaries of Spackman Media Group Limited
  • The Group expects potential income from direct and indirect channels including investment return, artists fees and co-presenting fees from the film

Singapore, 29 March 2018 – Spackman Entertainment Group Limited (“Spackman Entertainment Group” or the “Company” and together with its subsidiaries, the “Group”), one of Korea’s leading entertainment production groups created by founder Mr. Charles Spackman, wishes to announce that BE WITH YOU, featuring Korean luminary actors Son Ye-jin and So Ji Sub of the Group’s associated company, Spackman Media Group Limited (“SMGL”), crossed the 2 million mark at the Korean box office as of 28 March 2018.

The Group invested approximately US$450,000 (or KRW500 million) into BE WITH YOU, co-presented by MS Team Entertainment Co., Ltd. (“MS Team”) and Fiftyone K Inc. (“51k”), which are wholly-owned subsidiaries of SMGL. The stars of BE WITH YOU, Son Ye-jin and So Ji Sub, are represented by MS Team and 51k respectively.

Mr. Richard Lee, Interim Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director of Spackman Entertainment Group, said, “BE WITH YOU is on track to be one of the best performing romance films in the history of the Korean box office. The success of the film validates our multi-pronged approach of participating in the highest quality films. We look forward to derive potential income via direct and indirect channels from the film, such as investment return, artists fees and co-presenting fees.” 

BE WITH YOU opened #1 at the Korean box office and broke the all-time first week box office historical record for romance film in Korea. According to the latest statistics from the Korean Film Council, the film recorded total ticket admissions of 2,026,532 and gross box office revenue of US$15.2 million, and played on an average of 1,073 screens, as of 28 March 2018.

In March 2018, Son Ye-jin and So Ji Sub ranked #1 and #2 respectively as the top movie actor brand in Korea’s brand power survey. The Son Ye-jin brand name achieved the #1 Movie Actor Brand, followed by So Ji Sub, according to this month’s results for brand reputation rankings among movie actors published by the Korean Business Research Institute.

The latest daily statistics from the Korean Film Council on the performance of BE WITH YOU will be updated on the Group’s website at http://www.spackmanentertainment.com. The official trailers and posters of BE WITH YOU can be viewed at http://www.spackmanentertainmentgroup.com/be-with-you.html. BE WITH YOU, directed by Lee Chang-hoon and distributed by Lotte Entertainment, relates the story of a woman who dies and leaves behind her son and husband. She then returns a year later, putting her fate on the line for the sake of her family. The movie also features veteran actor Ko Chang-seok of SECRETLY GREATLY (2013) and Kim Ji Jwan, a new talented child actor.

- End -

March 30, 2018

So Ji-sub applauded for charity, tax report

727d54960f1148f2bf34c8c042556cfd.jpg
So Ji-sub, left, and Son Ye-jin in "Be With You." / Korea Times file

By Ko Dong-hwan The Korea Times

The South Korean tax authority recognized actor So Ji-sub Thursday for faithfully paying his taxes and for his charity work.

The National Tax Service awarded So, among 24 winners, for their philanthropic deeds. While the winners are from diverse industries like manufacturing, wholesale and retail sales, welfare works and services, the actor is the only celebrity.

The authority praised So for using his money from fan meetings to support girls from low-income single-parent families, and children who need psychological treatment because of abuse.

In June 2017, So donated 100 million won ($94,000) to South Korea's non-governmental charity group Good Neighbors. The money was part of the profits from his Asia fan meeting tour that celebrated 20th years since his debut. The donated money was used to provide sanitary items and mentoring sessions for teenage girls. 

So did not attend the award event at the National Tax Service Seoul Regional Office in Jongno-gu. His agency, 51k, said he was in Taiwan to promote his latest romance film "Be With You." 

The agency delivered the star's comments that he "only did what every South Korean citizen is supposed to do" and that good-hearted actions would "brighten the country's future."

Since 2011, the tax authority has held the annual event to uphold as role models people who fulfilled their tax duties and contributed to regional economies by working with charity groups. 

The authority said that this year, for the first time, it paid attention to corporate social responsibility values and selected four winners from companies involved.

Benefits for the winners include a separate custom screening at airports for faster boarding, exemption from providing security for unpaid taxes and a cheaper interest rate for loans. 

aoshima11@ktimes.com

• Like 2

So Ji Sub Shares His Thoughts On The “Me Too” Movement

So-Ji-Sub4.jpg

Actor So Ji Sub has commented on the “Me Too” movement that has recently been taking the Korean entertainment industry by storm.

See Also: Song Ji Hyo Speaks Up About The "Me Too" Movement And Need For More Equality

In a recent interview with media outlet No Cut News, So Ji Sub talked about his acting career and his hopes for the future. The actor was reportedly somewhat reserved throughout the interview, even responding to some questions by simply confessing that he was at a loss for words. However, when asked about the “Me Too” movement, So Ji Sub didn’t hesitate to make his own thoughts known.

“I support the people who have bravely made their voices heard,” the actor remarked. “I think that everyone needs to make an effort to change things and create a better world. I don’t want their courageous actions to have been in vain.”

He also commented, “I think being a good person and being a good actor happen in the same context. I’m not sure yet what it means to be a good person, but I want to become the kind of person who exudes a positive vibe and who makes people feel happy even through just a passing encounter.”

When asked about his goals for 2018, So Ji Sub replied, “The success of [my new] movie is up to fate. I hope that I successfully wrap up the drama that I’m currently scheduled to film and that I end the year on a good note.”

So Ji Sub recently starred in the film “Be With You” and will be appearing in the upcoming tvN drama “Terius Behind Me” (literal title) later this year.

Source (1)

• Like 1

• HNO

So Ji-sub wants to be a good man than a good actor

YOON MIN-SIK

THE KOREA HERALD/ASIA NEWS NETWORK

Seoul, South Korea | Tue, March 13, 2018 | 07:10 pm
So Ji-sub wants to be a good man than a good actor

South Korean actor So Ji-Sub during a press conference in Seoul on September 8, 2011. (AFP/Kim Jae-Hwan)

When So Ji-sub was approached to take on the leading role for Be With You, the actor first turned it down due to pressure of playing a dad.

“I couldn’t imagine myself as a father, so I didn’t think I would be able to do it. If I started shooting, feeling like that, I would hinder the production,” he said in a group interview on Friday. “But I just couldn’t pass it up. I wanted to work in a film that makes me feel good.”

In the movie, he plays the role of a young father lamenting the death of his wife, only to have her return to him and his son. But the film glosses over the supernatural aspect and focuses on the human interaction within the family.

“I loved the warm and heartfelt feeling (of the film). The original (Japanese) version is loved by a lot of people, but I loved the part where the director made changes.” 

Despite his initial reluctance, he said he came to sympathize with the character who has a lot in common with him, such as being a competitive swimmer, as So was in his youth.

Read also: Best Korean TV shows of 2017: index

“I’m a lot like Woo-jin. I have trouble approaching someone I want to date, and I end up losing her,” So said.

He added that he was impressed the most about his co-star Son Ye-jin’s professionalism.

“Most actors just finish acting when the director approves, but Son keeps continuing until she is satisfied,” he said.

Son said he wants to play a role that is fun to look at, and has a lot of characteristics. He indicated that he wants to keep evolving, both as a person and as an actor.

“I don’t know if I’m necessary a good actor, but I do want to be a good person. When I find out how to become a good actor, I think that’s the day when I quit acting,” he said.

So begin his acting career in 1996 on TV, and has risen to stardom through works like TV drama “I’m Sorry, I Love You,” and movie Rough Cut

April 4, 2018

Snail-paced new reality show documents stars' journey for happiness

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, April 4 (Yonhap) -- There is no sparks-flying romance, hand-wringing suspense, adrenaline-pumping action or breathtaking landscapes. Even the producer, Na Young-seok, warned that TV viewers might fall asleep while watching his new reality show.

But a media event Wednesday for tvN's "Little House in the Forest" was filled with anticipation of a yet another hit show from the highly successful producer.

The new weekly program -- like his popular "Youn's Kitchen" series -- is created on the premise that TV viewers take great comfort by watching celebrities living slow-paced, peaceful lives, either in exotic locations or in the wild, a type of laid-back, vacation-like lifestyle that is only temporarily available for busy Koreans.

Actors So Ji-sub (L) and Park Shin-hye pose for photos during a media event for new tvN show "Little House in the Forest" in Seoul on April 4, 2018. (Yonhap)

Actors So Ji-sub (L) and Park Shin-hye pose for photos during a media event for new tvN show "Little House in the Forest" in Seoul on April 4, 2018. (Yonhap)

Two cast members -- actors So Ji-sub and Park Shin-hye -- will get to lead a lone, minimal life in a tucked-away little house in the forest on the resort island Jeju. There, they are required to fill the day by completing missions and doing the very basics to sustain a life, such as cooking, making fire and chopping firewood.

Even though the idea of disconnecting with the outside world -- even for one day -- was very appealing to most of the production crew, producer Na said his team wasn't sure if the concept of the show would pique the interest of a large audience.

He said the program wouldn't have been possible without actress Park Shin-hye's enthusiastic response to the idea.

"We were very encouraged by her phone call where she said she wanted to join. When a cast showed such a response, we concluded that viewers would likely feel the same way," he said.

A poster for "Little House in the Forest," provided by tvN (Yonhap)

A poster for "Little House in the Forest," provided by tvN (Yonhap)

"Honestly, I am not leading a minimalist life. While shooting the program, however, I learned, to some degree, what I needed and what I could live without," the actress said.

"I used to think I was happy by doing something, like traveling or meeting friends ... Since I've started the program, I felt happy when I picked up pine cones more than I had expected, when I made fire easily, when the weather was good and when I watched birds that I had never seen before flying up over the house."

Throughout the press event, the producer emphasized that the show wasn't meant to record great viewership ratings.

"As 'Youn's Kitchen 2' was successful, the network allowed us a chance this once to do whatever we wanted to make," he said half-jokingly. "I've already told the two cast members that the show might fall flat."

Another cast member, So Ji-sub, who the producer teased was leading a simple life "like a Buddhist monk" in real life, said happiness would follow when one lives every moment to the fullest.

"I am not sure yet whether I am happy while filming the show. I would only answer that later when I look back at these moments I will see if they are happy memories or not," he said.

By wrapping up the event, the producer recommended the show -- once again -- to those who need to down a cold beer to let off some steam before falling sound asleep.

The program will premiere at 9:50 p.m. on Friday.

A poster for "Little House in the Forest," provided by tvN, featuring actor So Ji-sub (Yonhap)

A poster for "Little House in the Forest," provided by tvN, featuring actor So Ji-sub (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

th_wave.gif Soompi's  house2.gif Little House in the Woods 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 7:34 AM, killarhee said:

Hi killarhee, thanks for sharing this video of Little House Forest show. I heard that he had rejected casting offers for the show multiple times. IDK what made him changed his mind to appear in this variety show. Well, I guess this show fits him somehow since SJS is also a very simple person. He doesn't talk much about his life, his personal life at that to the point of him being "mysterious." The show looks interesting. The first episode will air tomorrow, on April 6 at 9:50 p.m. KST.  I'm looking forward to see his different life here. Although, this isn't a drama but I'm waiting to see SJS on the screen again.  I'm sure So Ji Sub will do well as always. :lol:

• Like 1

[Lily's Take] So Ji-sub to Star in a New Variety Show By Na Young-seok

photo962111.jpg

Actor So Ji-sub and producer and a director Na Young-seok came together to create a new variety show called "The Small House in the Forest".

Na Young-seok is one of the most famous producers for his brilliance and most famous for his work in the legendary variety show "1 Night 2 Days", along with other shows such as "Grandpas Over Flowers", "Three Meals a Day", "New Journey to the West" and etc. He has worked with many actors and actresses who would normally decline hosting any variety shows, but his highly praised abilities and genuine personality is often trustworthy enough for them to consider and accept his offer. For example, the viewers got to watch big time stars such as Cha Seung-won, Yoo Hae-jin, Lee Seo-jin, Lee Soon-jae, Youn Yuh-jung and many more in a friendlier setting, breaking down the walls between the celebrities and civilians, being reminded that they too, are people like us.

That is why the news of So Ji-sub working with director Na Young-seok is a delight to all the fans, as we will get to watch how he is like in his daily life. "The Small House in the Forest" will be a variety show taking on a form of a documentary. Having the peaceful Jeju island as the background, So Ji-sub will take on the off-grid life as he lives in a small house without electricity, tab water or gas.

He will be taking on few subtle missions throughout the show such as "Waking up by the sunlight in your face".

Na Young-seok mentioned a bit of the behind story as he shared at a press conference, "So Ji-sub actually declined the offer couple times before making a decision to take the show. He has a life similar to the one of Buddhist monks. Living the way he does seems blend and boring but that is the whole concept we were looking for in this show".

So Ji-sub also shared that he decided to challenge himself in taking on this show because he agrees with director Na Young-seok in his goal of healing and comforting the viewers by his serenity.

By. Lily Lee

Translation : Hancinema

[Video] Finding peace with So Ji-sub, Park Shin-hye’s solitude

In this hustling and bustling world where people are connected through social media even when we are physically alone, finding complete solitude can be a luxury. One may think of it, but mostly find it a far-fetched dream.

For those who’ve ever dreamed of removing themselves from their overloaded routines, tvN’s new reality show “Solitary Stay” is a decent alternative. Featuring two big-name actors So Ji-sub and Park Shin-hye, the documentary-formatted program follows their off-grid lives in a house in the middle of the woods, out of the reach of people, technology and their showbiz lives. The name of the two stars may sound appealing enough. But program director Na Young-suk warned that it may not be everyone‘s cup of tea.

“I should warn people though. ‘Solitary Stay’ can be quite boring. We as staff were also doubtful about the show’s viewership, thinking, ‘Who would watch a show that only features two people living in solitude?’” said Na during a press conference for “Solitary Stay” in Seoul on Wednesday, attended by So, Park and Yang Jung-woo, co-producer of the program along with Na. 

So, when Na called Park’s agency to cast her, he thought she would refuse the idea. But about 30 minutes later, Na received a call from Park, who said, “I would love to live in that house!”

“Park saved the program, as we were about to give up on it if she didn’t accept it,” Na said.

Na explained that the show’s goal was to offer a sense of vicarious satisfaction by featuring So and Park as subjects of an “experiment.” And during the casting process, Na came up with So and Park, the two people whom he thought wouldn’t have difficulty in fully immersing themselves in solitude, or even find happiness from it.

Casting So was a bit complicated, as the actor had initially refused the idea. Making a regular appearance in a variety show for the first time in 18 years, So said he decided to join forces with Na as he deeply empathized with the program’s aim to heal viewers’ hearts. He also said that shooting the show -- living without technology with minimal necessities and spending time mostly alone -- didn’t veer much from his real life.

“I’ve been living by myself for a while, and except for the change of location and taking on missions from the show, for the most part, I’m living my original life,” So said. Na chimed in, saying, “That’s true. So’s lifestyle is almost like that of a monk. Some may think it boring, but his life is complete in its own way.”

20180405000515_0.jpg

So Ji-sub (left) and Park Shin-hye listen to a reporter's question during a press conference for tvN‘s new program “Solitary Stay” (Lim Jeong-yeo/The Korea Herald)

20180405000516_0.jpg

So Ji-sub and Park Shin-hye burst out laughing when producer Na Young-suk shares that Park overslept one morning and failed to complete the mission to wake up to the sun. (Lim Jeong-yeo/The Korea Herald)

Spoiler

Park said that she has actually enjoyed living in nature and learned how to focus on each moment.

“In the past, I thought happiness was about doing something. But while shooting the show, I felt happiness when I was good at chopping firewood and picking up many pine cones. I’ve been a multi-tasker, but I loved the ‘doing only one thing’ rule, which was one of the missions on the show,” she said. 

20180405000514_0.jpg

Park Shin-hye says she was happy after picking up many pine cones (Lim Jeong-yeo/The Korea Herald)

20180405000513_0.jpg

So Ji-sub and Park Shin-hye are flanked by producers Yang Jung-woo (left) and Na Young-suk (Lim Jeong-yeo/The Korea Herald)

Na has seen huge success with popular variety shows such as “2 Days & 1 Night,” “Grandpas over Flowers,” “Three Meals a Day” and “Youn’s Kitchen.” But this time with “Solitary Stay,” he plans not to obsess over fun or viewership.

Na repeatedly emphasized that the program may be lacking in humor. But he filled that blank space with the sound of water and wind instead.

“I could have made the show more interesting, for example, by focusing on So and Park’s communication and making them live next door. But we didn’t, as the show’s intention was to show how the two adjust to complete solitude,” he said.

“My company told me, ‘Do whatever you want for once. Don’t care about viewership.’ So yeah, I’m telling you, it can be a program that you might want to watch before going to sleep on a Friday night,” he jokingly added.

The program will premiere at 9:50 p.m. on Friday.

By Hong Dam-young (lotus@heraldcorp.com)

Spoiler