So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

April 12, 2018

Viewership of Korean films soars 81.1 pct in March

SEOUL, April 12 (Yonhap) -- Homegrown films saw a whopping 81.1 percent increase in overall theatrical attendance in March thanks to the release of various genre movies, data showed Thursday.

According to the Korean Film Council (KOFIC), Korean films made 63.2 billion won (US$59 million) through sales of 7.91 million tickets in local theaters last month. The numbers of viewers and ticket sales were up 81.5 percent and 81.1 percent, respectively, from a year ago. It was the highest March total since 2013 when Korean movies drew 8.39 million admissions.

The unusual success of domestic movies in the spring low-season is largely due to the strength of four small films of different genres: "Be With You," "Little Forest," "The Vanished" and "The Princess and the Matchmaker." They attracted more than 1 million moviegoers each.

The release of big-budget Hollywood movies "Black Panther" and "Ready Player One" in February and late March also was a factor behind the overall strength of low-budget Korean films in March.

But the total number of admissions to theaters fell 7.6 percent to 12.8 million from the same month in 2017 because of the weak performance of non-Korean films.

sshim@yna.co.kr

(END)

credit : Yonhap News

16 hours ago, foxysnap said:

hi, anyone know where

to watch Little House in the Forest Eng sub???

hi Foxysnap, welcome to this lovely forum. It's called Little Cabin in the Woods. If you're on cable tv, search for TVN channel and you get to see So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye. It's on Saturday @ 9.50pm (korean time) and if you missed it there will be repeat on the following day i.e. Sunday morning. 

2 hours ago, salad71 said:

hi Foxysnap, welcome to this lovely forum. It's called Little Cabin in the Woods. If you're on cable tv, search for TVN channel and you get to see So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye. It's on Saturday @ 9.50pm (korean time) and if you missed it there will be repeat on the following day i.e. Sunday morning. 

Hi, i have cable tv but i dont subscribe tvn asia channel. I prefer the show with Eng sub since i live in SE Asia.

22 hours ago, foxysnap said:

Hi, i have cable tv but i dont subscribe tvn asia channel. I prefer the show with Eng sub since i live in SE Asia.

The TVN channel in my country has a choice to select : Korean/English/Malay/Chinese subtitle. If i am not mistaken, it will allow various languages depending on which country you reside. Also, this programme has a daily re-run at different time slots :)  

On 4/17/2018 at 7:54 AM, salad71 said:

Hi salad,  I'm happy that this show where SJS is in ranked No. 2 in TV ratings on its debut week.  With 4.7 percent and 3.2 percent for the first two episodes. In cable dramas, 1%-5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. This program on cable channel tvN scored 256 on the weekly Content Power Index (CPI) for April 2 to 8 as well. :lol:

• Like 1

April 20, 2018

April Movie Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Source: Soompi by C. Hong

Spoiler

son-ye-jin-lee-el-song-ji-hyo.jpg

On April 21, the Korean Business Research Institute published the April results for brand reputation rankings among movie actors.

The Institute analyzed 168,451,438 sources of data from 50 film actors during the period between March 19 to April 20. The amount of data was a 9.92 percent decrease from last month’s rankings.

Just like last month, Son Ye Jin ranked first with a score of 13,803,906. This is a 23.35 percent increase from last month’s score, and the boost is likely from the success of her JTBC drama “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.”

April was a strong month for actresses, as Lee El and Song Ji Hyo rounded out the Top 3 with scores of 10,065,225 and 9,883,375 respectively. The two actresses starred in the recently released film “What A Man Wants” together.

The top 30 rankings are as follows:

1. Son Ye Jin
2. Lee El
3. Song Ji Hyo
4. Gong Yoo
5. So Ji Sub
6. Lee Sun Gyun
7. Jang Dong Gun
8. Yoo Ah In
9. Kim Myung Min
10. Lee Sung Min
11. Lee Byung Hun
12. Ryu Jun Yeol
13. Lee Seung Gi
14. Lee Jong Suk
15. Park Seo Joon
16. Kwak Do Won
17. Kim Ok Bin
18. Oh Yeon Seo
19. Shin Ha Kyun
20. Lee Soon Jae
21. Im Soo Jung
22. Kim Tae Ri
23. Kim Soo Hyun
24. Jung Woo Sung
25. Ma Dong Seok
26. Kim Tae Hoon
27. Lee Jung Jae
28. Lee Joon Hyuk
29. Go Chang Suk
30. Park Sun Young

Source (1) (2)

• Like 1

On 21/04/2018 at 4:28 PM, rubie said:

April 20, 2018

April Movie Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Source: Soompi by C. Hong

On April 21, the Korean Business Research Institute published the April results for brand reputation rankings among movie actors.

The Institute analyzed 168,451,438 sources of data from 50 film actors during the period between March 19 to April 20. The amount of data was a 9.92 percent decrease from last month’s rankings.

Just like last month, Son Ye Jin ranked first with a score of 13,803,906. This is a 23.35 percent increase from last month’s score, and the boost is likely from the success of her JTBC drama “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.”

April was a strong month for actresses, as Lee El and Song Ji Hyo rounded out the Top 3 with scores of 10,065,225 and 9,883,375 respectively. The two actresses starred in the recently released film “What A Man Wants” together.

The top 30 rankings are as follows:

1. Son Ye Jin
2. Lee El
3. Song Ji Hyo
4. Gong Yoo
5. So Ji Sub

Source (1) (2)

Thanks Rubie for your contribution. Indeed our One and Only never fail to surprise us and has always ranked Top 10. This namja has a heart with buckets of gold to share. Recently he sent a night food truck to Son Ye Jin-ssi to support her current drama. Love this namja so much. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, salad71 said:

Thanks Rubie for your contribution. Indeed our One and Only never fail to surprise us and has always ranked Top 10. This namja has a heart with buckets of gold to share. Recently he sent a night food truck to Son Ye Jin-ssi to support her current drama. Love this namja so much. 

Hi salad, ye, actually so NICE of SJS to do this & show his support to a friend. It's good to see that they continue to show their close relationship. The food truck shows a message from him saying “I support Son Ye Jin and all of the staff members of ‘Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.'” IDK if he has done this with those leading actresses that he had worked with before. Well, SJS is generous to people, anyway. Looking forward to see them together again in the future. It seems like they do care for one another. I like her. :lol:

be with you will stay with you…

bwy15.jpg

Finally watched Be With You and it was so sooooo goooood! Though I spent the second half of the movie sniffling into my tissue,it was worth it for the lovely, nuanced, compelling portrayals of Son Ye Jin and So Ji Sub. The little boy who played their son did well, too. The show is bittersweet, and probably one of the better melo movies I have seen in years. Son Ye Jin is really the queen of melodrama and her chemistry with So Ji Sub in the movie is natural, effortless, mature and spicy sweet. Their rapport is very low-key, yet spot-on emotionally and damn if they don’t look gorgeous together. So Ji Sub is heartbreakingly handsome in the film, with his tall, rangy physique and impossibly broad shoulders. I’ve become greedy after watching them in Be With You… they should totally do a drama together and milk that comfy, swoony chemistry. LOVE.

A must-watch. Great movie.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/be-with-you-will-stay-with-you/

• Like 2

22 Dramas To Look Forward To In Spring And Summer 2018

2018 has plenty more dramas in store, with light-hearted romantic comedies to dark mystery thrillers and legal dramas, epic historical productions to sci-fi love stories, and everything in between.

Find out which 2018 spring and summer dramas could be your next new favorite!

Please note that titles and premiere dates may change.

22. “Terius Behind Me”

So-Ji-Sub4.jpg

Starring: So Ji Sub, and more

“Terius Behind Me” is a drama that combines romantic comedy and mystery as two neighbors (one being a NIS agent) searches to find out the truth about a conspiracy.

It will begin airing in September on MBC.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

April 27, 2018

April Male Advertisement Model Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Source: Soompi by E. Kang

Gong-Yoo-Kang-Daniel-Daniel-Henney.png

The Korean Business Research Institute has released the brand reputation rankings of male advertisement models for April 2018.

The rankings for this month were determined by analyzing 11,438,074 pieces of big data for 50 male brand advertisement models. The data was collected from March 26 to April 27 and was analyzed for participation, media coverage, communication, and community awareness. This analysis is conducted in order to study consumer habits.

The amount of data analyzed saw a significant decrease of 35.25 percent in comparison to the 17,665,502 pieces of data used for the February 2018 rankings.

Gong Yoo rose back to first place for the month of April with a total score of 1,585,421 points. He saw an increase of 87.78 percent in points, as he previously saw a score of 844,296 for February rankings.

Wanna One’s Kang Daniel took second place with a total score of 1,438,090, after previous coming in first place in February. This was a 40.28 percent decrease from his February point score of 2,408,201.

Daniel Henney was third place with a total score of 603,067, an impressive 500.2 percent increase from his 100,478 point score in February 2018 brand reputation rankings for male advertisement models.

Goo Chang Hwan, the chief of the Korean Business Research Institute, explained how based on their analysis, the phrases, “He’s cool,” “He shines,” and “He’s handsome,” as well as Maxim’s Kanu coffee, SK Broadband, and Coway — all which Gong Yoo currently is the advertisement model for — were associated often with the actor.

The top 30 for April are as follows:

1. Gong Yoo
2. Wanna One’s Kang Daniel
3. Daniel Henney
4. Jo Jung Suk
5. Park Seo Joon
6. Park Bo Gum
7. Baek Jong Won
8. Lee Sang Min
9. Yoo Jae Suk
10. Shinhwa’s Eric
11. Kim Jong Kook
12. Jung Woo Sung
13. So Ji Sub
14. Jun Hyun Moo
15. Kim Soo Hyun
16. Song Joong Ki
17. Lee Byung Hun
18. Shin Dong Yup
19. Lee Jung Jae
20. Ryu Jun Yeol
21. Kim Young Chul
22. Ma Dong Seok
23. Jo In Sung
24. Jo Jin Woong
25. Lee Sun Gyun
26. Ha Jung Woo
27. Lee Seo Jin
28. Hwang Chi Yeol
29. Yoo Hae Jin
30. Lee Min Ho

Source (1)

• Like 1

Park Shin Hye And So Ji Sub Try To Go Without Their Phones On “Little House In The Forest”

Park-Shin-Hye-So-Ji-Sub-2.jpg

So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye got to experience being unplugged from the world.

On the April 27 episode of tvN variety show “Little House in the Forest,” So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye carried out various missions.

The first mission given to the two actors was to recreate and eat the most delicious dish that makes them happiest. Park Shin Hye made potato soybean paste stew and explained, “When I was young, I was sick to the point where I couldn’t swallow food. But I enjoyed my mom’s potato soybean stew.”

After trying the food she cooked herself, Park Shin Hye confessed, “The one that my mom makes tastes better. But when I get married and have kids, [the taste] will probably become similar.

So Ji Sub, on the other hand, picked ramen and commented “I don’t eat ramen often, but at the end of a diet, I make sure to eat it. The process of making ramen in a variety of ways is delicious.”

So-Ji-Sub-6.jpg

Their next mission was to dig up various in-season roots and eat them with rice. Despite the wind and snow, the actors ventured outside with their hoes, and with much difficulty, dug up the roots.

After his meal, So Ji Sub commented, “It tastes really good since it’s in-season food that I dug up myself from nature.” He laughed and added, “It probably would have been better if I had dug them up when the weather was nicer.” Park Shin Hye also shared, “I think digging up the roots in the snow was an unforgettable memory.”

Park-Shin-Hye-So-Ji-Sub-5.jpg

Spoiler

After a long day of physical work, the two were given a mission to not use their phones after 6 p.m., Park Shin Hye in particular, who almost always kept her phone by her side, was shocked by the message. After reading the message, the actress gave a dispirited smile and replied with a frustrated emoticon.

When the mission began, Park Shin Hye didn’t have a watch, so she was unable to know what time it was. She ventured outside and spent the rest of her time appreciating the scenic nature of Jeju Island as well as a spectacular sunset. She also cooked her dinner, and though she normally cooked with music playing from her phone, she cooked in silence this time.

The normally talkative actress also spoke less. “The silence is really long when I’m eating. I wish I could at least turn on some music,” she expressed. “I got to experience a lot of amazing scenery today. I spent a peaceful day without my phone today, but I think I actually enjoyed the weather more.”

On the other hand, So Ji Sub showed that his daily routine didn’t change much without his phone. He thought out loud, “I think it’ll taste better if I fry the ham on the stove heater,” and enjoyed his dinner. He also indulged his curiosity as he went to search for the loud noise that always woke him up in the middle of the night, and thoroughly investigated the tent covering the house.

So-Ji-Sub-5.jpg

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

Spoiler

• Like 1

so ji sub + lee yoo young to star in mbc drama

tec.jpg?w=620

Another refreshing pairing has been confirmed: Lee Yoo Young and So Ji Sub will star together in upcoming MBC drama, Terius Behind Me. So Ji Sub signed on for the project awhile back while Lee Yoo Young has just accepted the offer to be his leading lady. I think it’s a potentially fun match-up since the drama is supposedly a mystery comedy romance, and I do like that more of the movie-oriented actresses are dabbling in dramas. The drama is slated to air in September.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/05/09/so-ji-sub-lee-yoo-young-to-star-in-mbc-drama/

So Ji Sub And Park Shin Hye Share Their Tips And Experiences With Exercise On “Little House In The Forest”

so-ji-sub-park-shin-hye.jpg

On the May 4 episode of tvN’s “Little House in the Forest,” Park Shin Hye and So Ji Sub continued their mission to live without their cell phones.

After this mission, they received another one instructing them to exercise to raise their heartbeat. Park Shin Hye selected the aerobic exercise of jumping rope and said, “I did this a lot in high school. I think it’s a healthy exercise that you can do anywhere you have flat ground.” She also made sure to stretch before getting absorbed in the exercise. Afterwards, she laughed and said, “The swelling in my face has gone down and my body feels lighter.”

So Ji Sub also warmed up before beginning a light jog. He also tried out interval training, which alternates between high-intensity and low-intensity exercise, and said that he hadn’t done it since he was younger. At the end, out of breath, he lay down on the grass and said, “I feel like my heart is bursting.”

He continued, “They say that [doing interval training] for four minutes gives you the same results as jogging for half an hour. I don’t do it very often. I do a lot of exercise that builds up my weak spots, so I only do this sometimes when I don’t have a lot of time to train. When I was young, I wanted to exercise to look good, 

but now I do it for health reasons.”

Source (1)

Edited by killarhee

I guess his filming for Little Cabin in the Woods is ending soon. Next move will be shooting for Terius Behind Me sometime in mid-June, Poland. If there's any SJS Poland Fans out there....try to catch him in action.... and share with us. 

Warsaw to star in a new Korean TV series

Warsaw to star in a new Korean TV series

Thanks to the efforts of Polish Tourism Organisation Warsaw will be the filming location of a brand-new Korean TV series expected to be watched by more than 10 million viewers. Shooting of Terius Behind Me will begin in June and is set to air in autumn.

The choice of Poland, and Warsaw in particular, as the filming location of the Korean TV series Terius Behind Me crowns many weeks of talks and negotiations conducted by Polish Tourism Organisation (Polska Organizacja Turystyczna - POT) and producer Agnieszka Pająk. The list of rival locations included Hong Kong and Romania. Namgoong Sung Woo, the series producer, opted for the capital of Poland won over by its noteworthy tourism and infrastructure-related offer. In addition, the convenient direct flights with Seoul handled by LOT Polish Airlines, also a partner of the discussed project, were of utmost importance. The Polish national airlines prepared a special ticket offer for the film crew, while the Polish Tourism Organisation will become involved in remaining logistics and location scouting.

“The marketing strategy of POT targeted at the Korean market from the very beginning set sights on cooperation with film production, as TV series are enormously popular in South Korea and exert a huge impact on the Korean consumer behaviour. Presence in production as prestigious as Terius Behind Me in exchange for a relatively small financial input will allow us to reach millions of potential South Korean tourists and solidify the positive image of Poland”, emphasises President of POT Robert Andrzejczyk.

The Terius Behind Me TV show is produced by the Korean MBC channel, written by Oh Ji-young and directed by Park Sang-hun. The phenomenal So Ji-sub, mostly known from the silver screen, will take the lead role. This will be his first small-screen appearance after more than two years of headlining major blockbusters. The prime-time series will be aired twice a week.

“As an airline offering flights to South Korea we are interested in promoting Poland in the discussed market. Many Poles who previously had no intention of travelling to South Korea changed their mind after the launch of a connection with Seoul in late 2016. The same phenomenon can be observed in the case of the dynamically growing number of tourists from South Korea who, making the decision to fly with LOT, explore the numerous assets of our country”, says Rafał Milczarski, CEO of LOT Polish Airlines.

The shooting will take place in mid-June for a period of about five days. The film crew will include about 60 members and the capital of Poland has guaranteed screen time of 25-30 minutes.

In 2018 Polish Tourism Organisation will be expanding its presence in the Asian market, including South Korea. The choice of this direction is related to the increasingly extensive network of flights offered by the national LOT Polish Airlines, while intensified activities in this field will be possible thanks to the earmarked subsidy for promoting national tourism growing by 25% to 10 million PLN.

According to data compiled for the Ministry of Sport and Tourism, the number of 2017 arrivals from South Korea to Poland grew by more than 25%, from 39,000 to 49,000, when compared with 2016. In the discussed period the number of leisure travellers grew by almost 12%, from 33,000 to 39,000.