So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

*** Ohhh.............how can you choose between these actors?  Based from seeing their pictures together in this upcoming movie, their chemistry seems great. :lol:

Son Ye Jin Chooses Between Jo In Sung, So Ji Sub, And Jung Woo Sung

Son-Ye-Jin-Jo-In-Sung-So-Ji-Sub-Jung-Woo

Son Ye Jin and So Ji Sub were interviewed about their upcoming film on MBC’s “Section TV.”

See Also: Park Seo Joon And Gong Hyo Jin To Cameo In Film Starring So Ji Sub And Son Ye Jin

On the March 11 broadcast of the entertainment news show, the two actors answered questions about working together on the film “Be With You.” When VIXX member and special news reporter N asked if they felt different as time had passed since working together 17 years ago, So Ji Sub answered, “Not at all.”

The actor was then asked if there were any moments his heart fluttered while filming the movie, So JI Sub answered, “My heart always fluttered.” Son Ye Jin laughed and said, “When you say it like that, it sounds fake.”

He denied this and explained, “It’s true. Our film shows the process of [the characters] from when they’re in school to them becoming a married couple. After acting all of that out, it felt like we’re meeting for the first time, holding hands for the first time, and kissing for the first time. It really made my heart flutter.”

Son Ye Jin is best friends with actress Gong Hyo Jin, who also has experience working with So Ji Sub on-screen. When asked if she received any advice from her best friend, Son Ye Jin revealed, “[She said that] he’s a really nice person and praised him a lot. He really is the king of thoughtfulness.” So Ji Sub shyly laughed and commented, “I’m not that nice of a person.”

Son-Ye-Jin3.jpg

After appearing on many romance films, Son Ye Jin is described as “the queen of melo films.” She acted in the film “Classic” with Jo In Sung, “A Moment to Remember” with Jung Woo Sung, and “Be With You” with So Ji Sub.

When asked about the differences between these actors, Son Ye Jin laughed and said, “It’s already been 14 years and it’s been a while.” So Ji Sub quickly paraphrased the question and told her, “I think they want you to choose one out of the three.”

N explained that this wasn’t his intention, but since So Ji Sub seemed to want it that way, N asked her to choose between the three actors.

Son Ye Jin jokingly replied, “Of course it’s…Jung Woo Sung” and So Ji Sub interjected, “I didn’t even expect you [to pick me]!” Son Ye Jin added, “I’m kidding. Of course, it’s So Ji Sub.”

“Be With You” will premiere in theaters in Korea on March 14.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1

One Of Korea’s Hottest Actors So Ji Sub, Says He’s Ready To Get Married

“Of course, if I do get married, I want to become a husband that puts my wife before my children.”

eYr3TWxR6x5UTRLVZEUSdMDIq4odsbWSVkWyKf7FbHB9BfCX8QO0X1W8L4JoW1ff5-LZ_h6tjk5Rbo3xzxzhSxEPrpDxG2qHDw=s0-rj

So Ji Sub revealed that he has been thinking about marriage since his most recent movie “Be With You”.

sH__H1TVbwXLWMc8c-DQprvNTwDd-Dw20Jh0DQllhx25ZelUjX8UQ-gj0ivrYfTNIuqPOF_IUDzPFduIX75SrK-_jmSzY5-zmUk=w1600-rj

The movie is about a woman who leaves this world after promising her husband that she would return a year later on a rainy day. Miraculously, she returns to keep her promise, but after having lost her memory. So Ji Sub plays the husband who makes a struggle to raise his son after his wife’s death.

So Ji Sub explained that he was hesitant about taking on the role at first because he wasn’t sure he would be able to pull off the role of a father. The role would require him to be the character in his 20’s through 40’s. As he became more immersed in the character, however, he said that the emotions came to him naturally.

He said that he normally doesn’t cry when watching movies but in this movie, he started crying from the beginning. It brought up memories from his own difficult childhood, and also added that he may be getting more emotional with age.

Filming a melodramatic film has made me want to fall in love. I didn’t think much about marriage during my previous film (“The Battleship Island”), but since hanging out with Kim Ji Hwa, who plays my son in the movie, I’ve changed. I think I need to start thinking more deeply about marriage. Of course, if I do get married, I want to become a husband that puts my wife before my children.”

ㅡ So Ji Sub

According to So Ji Sub, melodramatic scenarios are rare in Korea because they are more difficult to succeed. Therefore, when he films a melodramatic film, he thinks of it as his last and puts in his best effort.

Fans are more excited about the movie because he put his best effort in it.

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/news/so-ji-sub-ready-to-get-married-after-latest-movie/

Park Shin Hye And So Ji Sub Confirmed To Star In PD Na Young Suk’s New Variety Show

Park-Shin-Hye-So-Ji-Sub1.jpg

Park Shin Hye and So Ji Sub will star in producing director (PD) Na Young Suk’s upcoming variety show “Little House in the Woods” (literal title).

See Also: Son Ye Jin Chooses Between Jo In Sung, So Ji Sub, And Jung Woo Sung

On March 12, a source from So Ji Sub’s agency stated, “He is confirmed to appear on tvN’s ‘Little House in the Woods.’ He will appear with Park Shin Hye. He chose this because the spontaneous and isolated format felt new. He is planning to show what it’s like living on Jeju Island isolated.”

On March 13, a source from Park Shin Hye’s agency also said, “It is true that she will be appearing on ‘Little House in the Woods.’ She is currently filming on Jeju Island. We are also aware that So Ji Sub has joined her on this variety show.”

“Little House in the Woods” will be about living off-grid. So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye will go to the middle of the woods where no one else lives and stay in an off-grid home. The house they will stay in will not have electricity so they will have to generate power and find food and other necessary supplies on their own in the woods.

A source said, “In the beginning, [Na Young Suk] described it as a quiet program that can be seen more of as a documentary than a variety show. It may be perceived differently depending on who is watching it. You’ll be able to observe something more than just healing [moments].”

This will be the first time in many years that So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye have appeared on a variety show. So Ji Sub last appeared on MBC’s “Infinite Challenge” in September of 2011 and Park Shin Hye on tvN’s “Three Meals a Day” in March of 2015.

“Little House in the Woods” is set to air sometime in April.

Are you looking forward to this new show?

Source (1) (2) (3) / soompi news

• Like 1

Actor So Ji Sub reveals he was offered to audition for 'Show Me The Money'

So-Ji-Sub.jpg

So Ji Sub talked about his love for hip-hop. 

In light of the new film 'Be With You', So Ji Sub recently had an interview at a cafe in Seoul. While talking about his new production, the actor was also asked about his career as a rapper. 

Back in 2012, So Ji Sub released his first rap album 'Corona Borealis', and since then, continued to release various rap tracks time to time. He did not have official promotions on music shows. The only time he performed the songs were at his fan meetings. 

On his love for hip-hop, So Ji Sub said, "I do hip-hop because I love it. And also because I want it to enjoy it with the fans who love this side of me." He added, "But I can't do it anywhere else other than when I'm with my fans"

When asked if was ever offered to go on rapper competition show 'Show Me The Money', So Ji Sub answered, "I received many offers", and explained, "It's something I do because I love it. I don't want to be judged by someone for it."

As for the profit on his hip-hop albums, So Ji Sub chuckled, "Well, it wasn't a minus."

source : allkpop

• Like 1

Soompi thread

house1.gif [Variety 2018] Little House in the Woods 숲속의 작은 집 by Na PD with So Ji Sub & Park Shin Hye ~ coming soon in April

March 13, 2018

Park Shin-hye, So Ji-sub to star in tvN’s new variety show

Actress Park Shin-hye and actor So Ji-sub will star in tvN’s upcoming variety show “Little House in the Woods,” which will be produced by Na Young-suk. 

Shin have confirmed their roles in the program that will follow the two big-name stars as they live off the grid in the middle of the woods, out of the reach of people and technology.

The two are currently filming the show’s first episode on Jeju Island, according to sources. 

“I empathized with the producing staff’s intention to make a program that can offer comfort and heal people’s hearts just by watching us having a simple meal and resting in a small house on Jeju Island,” said So, who will be making a regular appearance in a variety show for the first time in 18 years.

Na is best known for producing popular variety programs such as “2 Days & 1 Night” “Grandpas over Flowers,” “Three Meals a Day” and “Youn’s Kitchen.” 

So, who rose to stardom through “I’m Sorry, I Love You” in 2004, recently returned to the big screen with the romance movie “Be With You,” which is set to premiere Wednesday. Park starred in the crime thriller flick “Heart Blackened” released last year. 

“Little House in the Woods” is set to air in April. 

(lotus@heraldcorp.com

• Like 1

[Lily's Take] Celebrities With or Without Fringe: Which Is Better?

photo954382.jpg

As spring approaches and the snow is melting, it is time for a fresh start, cleaning out the old, and perhaps even a style change! I for one am bleaching my hair, which will be a huge amount of work, considering how dark my hair is right now. I was also thinking of growing my bangs, or frige, out, but couldn't endure it and cut it again.

This made me think about how some celebrities go through style transitions constantly and wondered how they are so good with changing their frige. Fringe does make a big difference in a person's image and the actors and actresses sometimes go through this transition to match the roles they have to play. There are some stars who are known for their constant fringe transformations. Let's look at their styles and see who does it best!

So Ji-sub

photo954384.jpg

When So Ji-sub has his hair down, he looks so soft and romantic. His hair gently brushing against his eyebrows is the perfect styling for him!

Then, I approach the dilemma of him without the fringe as this style also suits him perfectly. I mean, So Ji-sub is just pure perfection to begin with. Recently, he's been styling his hair up, as he was seen at many promotional events for the movie "Be with You" and the fans are ready to faint at his handsome looks. I'm voting WITHOUT again because I think his handsome features just need to remain uncoveraged.

I had fun trying to figure out what style I like more on my favorite celebrities. Again, this is my personal preference, please leave your preferences and whether you agree or disagree with my choices! I'm curious to hear your take. In conclusion, it really doesn't matter what I think because they all look wonderful at all times and always manage to look stunning in any hairstyle!

(skipped unrelated.....)

By. Lily Lee

Source : 1boon.kakao.com/newsa...

• Like 1

[Herald Interview] So Ji-sub wants to be a good man than a good actor

When So Ji-sub was approached to take on the leading role for “Be With You,” the actor first turned it down due to pressure of playing a dad.

“I couldn’t imagine myself as a father, so I didn’t think I would be able to do it. If I started shooting, feeling like that, I would hinder the production,” he said in a group interview on Friday. “But I just couldn’t pass it up. I wanted to work in a film that makes me feel good.”

In the movie, he plays the role of a young father lamenting the death of his wife, only to have her return to him and his son. But the film glosses over the supernatural aspect and focuses on the human interaction within the family.

20180313000744_0.jpg

“I loved the warm and heartfelt feeling (of the film). The original (Japanese) version is loved by a lot of people, but I loved the part where the director made changes.”

Despite his initial reluctance, he said he came to sympathize with the character who has a lot in common with him, such as being a competitive swimmer, as So was in his youth.

“I’m a lot like Woo-jin. I have trouble approaching someone I want to date, and I end up losing her,” So said.

He added that he was impressed the most about his co-star Son Ye-jin’s professionalism.

“Most actors just finish acting when the director approves, but Son keeps continuing until she is satisfied,” he said.

Son said he wants to play a role that is fun to look at, and has a lot of characteristics. He indicated that he wants to keep evolving, both as a person and as an actor.

“I don’t know if I’m necessary a good actor, but I do want to be a good person. When I find out how to become a good actor, I think that’s the day when I quit acting,” he said.

So begin his acting career in 1996 on TV, and has risen to stardom through works like TV drama “I’m Sorry, I Love You,” and movie “Rough Cut.” 

By Yoon Min-sik
(minsikyoon@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

[Herald Review] Just to ‘Be With You’

By Yoon Min-sik

Korean remake of Japanese drama film is heartfelt and appealing to the local audience

The past prevalence of melodramas on both small and silver screens has been a divisive issue among Korean audiences.

While a great many fans enjoy dramatic tearjerkers, others are against the film’s tendency of turning into a cry fest.

“Be With You” -- directed by Lee Jang-hoon and starring So Ji-sub and “Melodrama Queen” Son Ye-jin -- is a film that does a satisfactory job of adding the right amount of sadness. 

20180313000631_0.jpg

The story follows Woo-jin and his son Ji-ho, played by So and child actor Kim Ji-hwan, who struggle to cope with the loss of Woo-jin’s wife Soo-ah, played by Son. Woo-jin is heartbroken and concerned over his son, who truly believes that his mother will return in the rainy season, just like in his favorite fairy tale.

In a midsummer day’s miracle, however, Soo-ah actually returns -- albeit without her memories -- and tries to find ways to write a storybook ending for the biggest love of her life.

Son is easily the strongest element in the film, being one of the biggest names in the genre. While she is not the most versatile actress, her talent in saying a thousand words just with her face and tear-filled puppy eyes works out just right.

20180313000632_0.jpg

Casting a 180-centimeter hunk to play a role of a guy who needs protection may appear to be a stretch, but So Ji-sub surprisingly pulls off the part quite well. His timid but earnest behavior toward the people of life captures the essence of Woo-jin’s character.

Their chemistry with the child actor is quite astonishing, which is somewhat ironic considering that the both are childless.

So has noted that the pressure of playing a father was why he initially turned down the part. But So’s helplessness fits perfectly as Woo-jin’s situation -- of suddenly being the sole child carer -- is similar to what he’s going through.

Child actors rarely really act and Ji-hwan is hardly Natalie Portman in “Leon: The Professional,” but his acting rarely pulls the audience back to reality. In fact, he delivers one of the film’s strongest moments in the third act.

There is really one memorable supporting actor, but Ko Chang-seok as Woo-jin’s best friend Hong-goo is right on the money. Casting a mid-40s man to play a 20-something who looks old because of bad medication already spells comedy, and the veteran actor does a good job of providing the light-hearted, enjoyable moments here and there.

Gong Hyo-jin’s cameo appearance was pretty pointless, but enjoyably silly.

The film is very predictable, and it goes the standard route -- among Korean films of the genre -- of being funny at first and cry fest in the end. But most of the jokes are harmless and cute, even when they don’t really work, and the heartfelt moments are strong.

Fans of the original film may have mixed feelings toward it, as the Japanese version was much less sobby. Compared to the original, the movie may look like it’s trying to hit the audience to directly on the nose.

But Korean movies tend to be a tad more tear-filled than the Japanese audience, and it doesn’t go overboard that much. The movie understand that its job to induce emotions, not to be overcome by them.

“Be With You” opens in local theaters on March 14. 

By Yoon Min-sik
(minsikyoon@heraldcorp.com)

Wow...I can't wait for this movie to hit our cinemas ...

Korean romance film sold to 17 foreign countries

SEOUL, March 14 (Yonhap) -- A local romance movie starring So Ji-sub and Son Ye-jin has been sold to 17 countries around the world, its local distributor said Wednesday.

Theatrical distribution rights to "Be With You" were sold to the United States, Canada, Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and eight other countries, Lotte Entertainment said.

The movie opened in South Korea earlier in the day. It is set to open in Taiwan on March 30 and Vietnam and Singapore on April 6 and 12, respectively.

It is a remake of the highly successful 2004 Japanese movie of the same name about a mother who returns to her family a year after her death, losing her memory.

Source : http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2018/03/14/0200000000AEN20180314007100315.html

Mar.14.2018 So Jisub's fan club Youngsosa meeting to watch movie together at CGV Apgujeong. (video by me)

Hello, Nice to meet you, I'm So Jisub.
Did you enjoy the movie?
It seems not many people came. (No! laugh)
It had more funny scenes than you expected, didn't it? The last part was sad. I also cried so much watching it.
(We really enjoyed it) Thank you.
After quite a long time, I did this warm melodrama movie and showing you.
To be honest, I am happy, because in Korea, this kind of movies aren't made often.
If you enjoyed it, as you know, you should promote a lot.
So that these heartwarming and soft movies are made more, so please cheer it a lot.
And this year, many various chances that I meet you are made.
I do a drama and I do a variety show.
I am always by myself, and it seems I will be all by myself over there too.
To be honest, I am anticipating it. The filming isn't started yet.
Soon it will start. I am curious how it will be recorded. When it's shown, please enjoy watching it.
The reason why I decided to do this was that I thought it would be good if the viewers feel relaxed, healed and recovered.
So please watch it interestingly. Next I will come again with TV drama.
I think this year's schedule is already full.
I appreciate you all who came to watch this movie.
Soon the theater round start, you will come, right?
I will appreciate if you not to bother others, please take care a little bit.
Promotion! Thank you!

As you watched the movie, if you have someone you love, Please be sure to say the word 'I love you'.

(I love you!) Yes, I love you too. Thank you!

안녕하세요. 반갑습니다. 소지섭입니다.
영화 재미있게 보셨어요?
많이 안오신 것 같네?
생각보다 유쾌한 부분이 많죠? 마지막엔 슬펐고
저도 보면서 엄청 울었어요.
(너무 잘봤어요) 감사합니다.
오래간만에 이런 따뜻한 멜로 영화 작업해서 인사드렸는데
솔직히 기분 좋아요. 한국에서 많이 만들어지지 않거든요.
재밌게 보셨으면 아시겠지만 많이 응원해 주셔야
극장에서 맘 편하게, 따뜻하게 볼 수 있는 영화 만들어지니까 많이 응원해주시고.
그리고 올해 좀 다양하게 여러분들을 만날 수 있는 기회들이 많아진 것 같아요.
드라마도 하고, 예능도 하고.
맨날 혼자 있는데, 거기서도 혼자 있을 것 같아가지고
솔직히 저도 기대하고 있어요, 아직 촬영을 못했거든요.
이제 촬영해야 되는데, 어떻게 나올 지 저도 궁금하고, 나오면 재미있게 봐주셨으면 좋겠습니다.
제가 하려고 하는 이유는 보는 사람이 즐겁고, 힐링하고, 회복할 수 있으면 좋을 것 같아서 하는 거니까
재미있게 보시고, 다음에 또 드라마에서 인사드리겠습니다.
올해 스케줄은 벌써 다 끝난 것 같네.
이렇게 영화 보러 와주셔서 너무나 감사드리고
이제 무대인사 다녀야 되는데, 오실 거잖아요, 그쵸?
다른 분들에게 피해 안가게 조금만 신경 써주시면 감사하겠습니다.

홍보! 감사합니다.

영화 보셨으니까, 사랑하는 사람이 있으면 꼭 사랑한다고 말로 해주세요.
(사랑해요!) 저도 사랑합니다. 감사합니다!
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, saturn said:

Mar.14.2018 So Jisub's fan club Youngsosa meeting to watch movie together at CGV Apgujeong. (video by me)

Did you enjoy the movie?
It had more funny scenes than you expected, didn't it? The last part was sad. I also cried so much watching it.
To be honest, I am happy, because in Korea, this kind of movies aren't made often.
So that these heartwarming and soft movies are made more, so please cheer it a lot.
Soon it will start. I am curious how it will be recorded. When it's shown, please enjoy watching it.
The reason why I decided to do this was that I thought it would be good if the viewers feel relaxed, healed and recovered.
Promotion! Thank you!

안녕하세요. 반갑습니다. 소지섭입니다.
영화 재미있게 보셨어요?
많이 안오신 것 같네?
저도 보면서 엄청 울었어요.
(너무 잘봤어요) 감사합니다.
드라마도 하고, 예능도 하고.
올해 스케줄은 벌써 다 끝난 것 같네.
이렇게 영화 보러 와주셔서 너무나 감사드리고
홍보! 감사합니다.

thank you Unnie Saturn for the translation. It's been a long while since you stepped into this chat. We really missed you and your contribution. The videos shared via IG but can't make out most words from the google translation. 

March 16, 2018

[INTERVIEW] So Ji-sub has full year ahead with film, TV drama

Heartthrob actor So Ji-sub, 40, has worked consistently throughout his career, but he often needs a "refresh period" between filming movies or dramas, which has kept his fans wondering what this top actor has been up to these days.

b208118c43b042b7a3dd3d4aac328945.jpg

Top actor So Ji-sub stars in the new movie "To Be With You." He will also return to the small screen with a drama. / Courtesy of FiftyOne.K

By Kim Ji-soo The Korea Times

Heartthrob actor So Ji-sub, 39, has worked consistently throughout his career, but he often needs a "refresh period" between filming movies or dramas, which has kept his fans wondering what this top actor has been up to these days.

So returns with "Be With You," a romance film co-starring the heroine Son Ye-jin.

Directed by Lee Jang-hoon, the movie's opening on March 14 was timely as it coincided with "White Day" which in Korea is considered a day for men to gift women candy as a token of their affection.

"It feels good to star in a romance film that has a good, warm-hearted feeling," So said in an interview held last Friday. In a way, it evoked memories of his first love, which was in his first year in high school, he said.

"Be With You" is a remake of the 2004 Japanese film based on the namesake novel by Takuji Ichikawa. It's about Woo-jin, played by So, and his wife, played by Son. The wife returns a year after her death when the summer rain starts to fall. The two fall in love again, but she leaves again when the rainy spells end.

Naturally rain — its sound, sometimes soft, sometimes ominously belligerent — is an effective tool for this story about love, destiny, family and death.

So said he was cautious to compare the Korean film with the Japanese source material. Nevertheless, he said the Korean film has more humor, and the focus leans toward family.

As for humor, there was plenty as veteran supporting actor Ko Chang-seok plays So's lifelong friend. Indeed the audience laughed along throughout the film.

So said he had been most worried about his role in the film as a father, appearing together with a son. However, those concerns have been relegated to the past. Child actor Kim Ji-whan carried off a superb balance among all the adult characters.

"I hope the viewers will say So looks comfortable in that father role, appearing together with the young son," he said.

"Be With You" faces direct competition with another domestic film "Cheese in the Trap" starring top actors Park Hae-jin and Oh Yeon-seo. Asked how he wants to fare in the competition, So said he hopes that both works would do well at the theaters. "When movies do well at theaters, it means that we are able to make further works," So said.

So far, "Be With You" is rallying at the top, followed by film "The Vanished."

Having reached close to 40, So hopes to marry someday but doesn't know when that will be. "I am not what you would call an avowed single."

While filming the movie, there weren't that many blooper scenes, prompting the reporters to ask him if the chemistry between the actors was that good.

On his co-star Son, So said it was the first time for the two to reunite through a creative work in 17 years.

"That played a role. But also, I do not like to go for repeated takes, just one rehearsal and then the take. My thinking is that too many takes can feel contrived," So said.

He took the same line of thought in particular for the swimming scenes. So's character is a former swimmer who suffered an injury; coincidentally the actor was a professional swimmer for 11 years before he turned to modeling and acting. There is indeed a speedy pace in his swimming scenes the audience will appreciate.

Asked what roles fit him best, So said he did not want to typecast himself.

"It's up to the audience to determine what role I shine in but also I don't want to do only what I can do well," he said.

He returns to the small screen in the second half of the year in a drama tentatively titled "Terius Behind Me." It will be his first television drama since 2015's "Oh My Venus."

Having started out as a model, So's breakthrough work came first through the small screen in 2004, when he starred in "What Happened in Bali" and "I'm Sorry, I Love you" with his soulful -eyed characters. He also got his movie break in 2008 with "Rough Cut."

Asked if in real life, just like in the movies, he might have a chance to be reunited with a deceased love one, So said. "It's not going to happen in real life. But I think ... we would have a cup of soju together."

janee@ktimes.com 

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2018.03.16 ~ 2018.03.18

photo955896.jpg

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2018.03.16 ~ 2018.03.18

The number one movie this week is "Be with You" (지금 만나러 갑니다)

Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Weekend 2018.03.16 - 2018.03.18 (www.kobis.or.kr)

# Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Be with You" (지금 만나러 갑니다) 2018/03/14 682 768 880 500
2 "The Vanished" (사라진 밤) 2018/03/07 251 804 1 109 250
3 "Little Forest" (리틀 포레스트) 2018/02/28 127 446 1 353 461
4 "The Hurricane Heist"   119 327 159 088
5 "Cheese in the Trap - Movie" (치즈인더트랩) 2018/03/14 106 183 161 783
6 "Tomb Raider"   62 260 515 944
7 "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"   29 954 40 961
8 "The Shape of Water"   23 498 476 086
9 "The Princess and the Matchmaker" (궁합) 2018/02/28 17 518 1 327 467
10 "Black Panther"   16 950 5 376 526
Korean movies only  
  "Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum" (곤지암) 2018/03/28 4 542 6 560
  "Notebook from My Mother" (엄마의 공책) 2018/03/15 1 885 4 578
  "Singing with Angry Bird" (바나나쏭의 기적) 2018/03/08 1 026 8 136
  "SECHSKIES Eighteen" (젝스키스 에이틴) 2018/01/18 820 47 449
  "Gate" (게이트) 2018/02/28 657 99 731
  "Golden Slumber" (골든 슬럼버) 2018/02/14 502 1 386 986
  "Mini Special Forces X" (미니특공대 X) 2018/03/22 370 866
  "Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead" (조선명탐정: 흡혈괴마의 비밀) 2018/02/08 238 2 443 697
  "The Remnants" (공동정범) 2018/01/25 134 10 962
  "The Namesake" (련희와 연희) 2017/12/14 109 650

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor...

March 19, 2018

So Ji-sub shows off his sweet side

The ‘Be With You’ actor on marriage, clumsiness and being emotional

18193715.jpg

Unmarried and without a child, actor So Ji-sub was hesitant to accept the role he had been cast in for the recent romance movie “Be With You,” where he would play a husband and a father. But the pure love between the main characters was so touching that the 41-year-old couldn’t turn down the offer.

Adapted from a Japanese bestselling novel written by Takuji Ichikawa, the film follows a deceased wife Su-a (Son Ye-jin), who miraculously returns to her bereaved husband U-jin (So) and son Ji-ho (Kim Ji-hwan) during the monsoon season. After a moment of pleasant shock, the two realize that Su-a does not recognize who they are.

Curious about her love story with U-jin, Su-a gradually learns about the time she spent with her husband and son before her unfortunate death. But by the time that she realizes how much U-jin and Ji-ho mean to her, the monsoon season is nearly over and Su-a needs to return to the afterlife.

The popular story was made into a movie in Japan in 2004. The Japanese flick starred actors Yuko Takeuchi and Shido Nakamura, who actually married each other after the film. They divorced in 2008.

Actor So first watched the Japanese film many years ago, and after watching it again, he decided to take on the role of U-jin. “I cried again [watching the film],” said So during an interview with JoongAng Ilbo, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily. “Although it is a sad story, I liked its warmth, which resembles a fairy tale.”

Even a year after his wife had passed away, U-jin still struggles to cook a proper fried egg for his son, nor is he able to pull off chores around the house. “I rejected the role at first because I couldn’t imagine myself as a father,” said So. But the pure love between U-jin and Su-a turned the actor’s heart around. “They both only have each other, and their love is only directed at one another, which is very rare in real life,” he said.

In many of his works, such as the 2004 series “I’m Sorry, I Love You,” where he played an unfortunate adoptee in Australia, and the period epic “The Battleship Island,” in which he played a gang leader, So tends to portray characters who fight for love. That makes the hesitant and clumsy U-jin an unusually sweet role for the actor.

“I was surprised when I first met So in person,” said director Lee Jang-hun, who sat behind the director’s chair for the latest “Be with You.” “I realized that he is unexpectedly delicate and cautious.”

But according to So, “it’s the first time for me to hear such a thing. Since I am quite big and am usually attentive, people usually rely on me.”

But still, So couldn’t deny the similarities between U-jin and his actual self. “While shooting, there are a number of areas where I felt very similar to U-jin like being insufficient, boring and clumsy,” So said with a laugh.

“Although I may not look like to be so, I was very hesitant [when it comes to dating girls] even in my 20s. [Playing U-jin] also reminded me of my first love from when I was in high school, who I couldn’t hold hands with confidently.”

After Su-a returns, the three happily spend time together. The film makes audiences laugh and cry as U-jin unfolds the couple’s love story to Su-a.

Both So and Son pull off playing themselves in the past and in the present - at one point, a flashback has the actors depicting their characters in their early 20s. “As for how I managed to look like I was in my 20s, I relied on CGI effects so that I could fully concentrate on my emotions on every scene.”

18193810.jpg

While the Japanese movie has a static tone, the Korean remake is slightly brighter with some light comedy added into the script. U-jin’s best friend Hong-gu especially functions as a character that aims to draw laughs from the audience. “[Our movie] is closer to the novel rather than the Japanese film. Though we kept the basic structure of the novel, we did our best to minimize the number of tear-jerking scenes.”

As for an actual marriage, So said, “I’ve always kind of wanted to but didn’t want to get married. But while playing along with Ji-hwan during shooting, I felt physically exhausted. So I realized that if I want to be able to play along with my kid, I shouldn’t delay [marriage] any further.”

Nine years ago, So established the entertainment agency 51K, which imports and distributes foreign independent movies. The company also produced local movies like “Rough Cut” (2008), “Always” (2011) and “A Company Man” (2012).

“I don’t think I will ever be able to fully understand what a ‘good actor’ is,” said the actor.

“I try to be a good person. At some point, I gave up on trying to become successful. I want to become a person who has an energy that can make my co-workers and audiences happy.”

BY NA WON-JEONG [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

On 3/15/2018 at 1:24 PM, saturn said:

Did you enjoy the movie?
Promotion! Thank you!

As you watched the movie, if you have someone you love, Please be sure to say the word 'I love you'.

(I love you!) Yes, I love you too. Thank you!

안녕하세요. 반갑습니다. 소지섭입니다.
영화 재미있게 보셨어요?
많이 안오신 것 같네?
저도 보면서 엄청 울었어요.
(너무 잘봤어요) 감사합니다.
드라마도 하고, 예능도 하고.
올해 스케줄은 벌써 다 끝난 것 같네.
이렇게 영화 보러 와주셔서 너무나 감사드리고

홍보! 감사합니다.

영화 보셨으니까, 사랑하는 사람이 있으면 꼭 사랑한다고 말로 해주세요.
(사랑해요!) 저도 사랑합니다. 감사합니다!

Hi saturn, thanks for sharing the translation. So NICE to know that this romance film has been sold to 17 countries around the world. I heard that it's sold to US, Canada, Britain, Taiwan, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia and 10 other countries.  The film is set to open later this month in Taiwan and early April in Vietnam and Singapore. :lol:

• Like 1

tvN Movies Rolls Out Operation March

tvN MoviesWorld’s FIRST and ONLY Korean Blockbuster movie channel – brings to the audience a series of action blockbusters to kick the Monday blues and continues to deliver weekly blockbuster premieres, as well as introduces talented rising stars.

company.jpg

Mon, 19 Mar @ 22:00

A COMPANY MAN

Cast: So Ji-Sub, Lee Mi-Yeon, Kwak Do-Won

Director: Lim Sang-Yoon

When a skilled contract killer decides to resign in search of a differen lifestyle, he becomes his company's target.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreancrazed

The Cast Of “Be With You” Celebrates Surpassing 1 Million Moviegoers

Son-Ye-Jin-So-Ji-Sub.jpg

Melo-romance film “Be With You” has surpassed 1 million moviegoers in just one week since release.

See Also: Films "Be With You" And "Cheese In The Trap" Kick Off With A Good Start At Box Office

“Be With You” is based on a Japanese novel and tells the story of Soo Ah (Son Ye Jin) who, before passing away, makes a promise to her husband Woo Jin (So Ji Sub) to return a year later on a rainy day. While she really does keep her promise, she has lost all her memories when she reappears before her husband and son.

“Be With You” premiered in Korea on March 14, and has surpassed the 1 million viewer mark as of 10 a.m. KST on March 20. So Ji Sub, Son Ye Jin, Kim Ji Hwan, and director Lee Jang Hoon uploaded a few photos to celebrate this feat.

Be-With-You2.jpg

“Be With You” has thus become one of Korea’s best performing films released in March. This achievement puts “Be With You” ahead of the famous melo-romance film “Architecture 101,” which achieved 1 million viewers in eight days. “Be With You” also beats the record of the popular “Beauty Inside,” which took nine days to reach one million viewers.

Thanks to word of mouth, “Be With You” managed to record 99,716 moviegoers on March 19, the start of the second week of its run, which is higher than the 89,757 moviegoers from its premiere on March 14. The movie’s ratings have been increasing as well, and many are looking to it as the next big hit.

Coming in first at the box office, “Be With You” has received 97 percent for the Golden Egg index of movie theater CGV’s website, and a viewer rating of 9.06 points on the Naver Movie site.

Given all its success, “Be With You” is proving to be popular as the perfect heartwarming story for spring among viewers of all age groups.

Source (1) / soompi news

couple cuteness

bwyt.jpg

Kill me, these two are just too lovable and visually gorgeous together. Son Ye Jin uploaded on Instagram a pic of she and So Ji Sub just before greeted fans at Yeongdeungpo CGV in Seoul. The clip of their appearance is below and I was so distracted by the hunkiness of So Ji Sub. His profile is to-die-for. Those cheekbones and those eyes… and he looks hot in the cap. I was tickled that while Son Ye Jin was seriously addressing the audience, he was all hyper and peering curiously into the audience. That part when he leaned over to Son Ye Jin and posed while she was still talking was adorable. So Ji Sub isn’t that tall either but he is very broad and quite solidly built. The screams from the female moviegoers when he removed and re-adjusted his cap was hilarious, so was Son Ye Jin’s amused expression. He and Son Ye Jin look fab together.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/03/18/couple-cuteness-2/

• Like 1

Domestic romantic drama leads box office in first weekend

"Be With You," a rare Korean romantic movie, topped the box office in its first weekend, beating local thriller "The Vanished," data showed Monday.

According to the computerized tally from the Korean Film Council, "Be With You," starring So Ji-sub and Son Ye-jin sold 682,798 tickets from Friday to Sunday.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180319

The movie is a remake of the highly successful 2004 Japanese movie of the same name about a mother who returns to her family a year after her death.

"The Vanished" starring Kim Sang-kyung and Kim Kang-woo placed second with 251,824 views. Directed by Lee Chang-hee, the thriller is about a detective investigating the disappearance of a woman's corpse from a morgue and trying to uncover the cause of her death.

"Little Forest," led by Kim Tae-ri, remained strong at No. 3, amassing 127,456 views in its third weekend. Released on Feb. 28, the movie by Yim Soon-rye has sold 1.35 million tickets in theaters.

Coming in fourth was Hollywood disaster-heist flick "The Hurricane Heist," seen by 119,334 viewers.

It was closely followed by "Cheese In the Trap," the film adaptation of the popular 2016 TV series of the same name. The new release, starring Park Hae-jin and Oh Yeon-seo, garnered 106,196 views. (Yonhap)