Do Your Parents Like Some Of The "young" Artists?

Guest Q_Park

My parents don't know anything about them except for the fact that they are Korean celebrities.

My dad asked this to me one day, "Why are you listening to those people? You can't even understand them."

Me: "Yes, dad. The function of translations and subtitles comes in this matter. They really sing well."

Dad: "How about you? You really sing well also. Why just sing instead of listening to them?"

Me: "But dad! It's different! And and honestly, I'd choose them over the artists here in our country because they're way better! Here, just because you're pretty and handsome, you'll be able to sign a record contract the next day! But there in Korea, they are trained to be stars!"

So after that my dad became speechless. Pwahahaha!

I really don't understand them. Sometimes when I'm playing some Korean songs, I see them tapping and dancing to the tune. Gah. Parents these days.. <_<

Awhile ago, I saw my dad tapping his feet while SuJu's "Sapphire Blue" is being played. :sweatingbullets: And then I saw him once dance to DBSK's song, "O".

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tirahbunny

sadly no, my mother's not into any of the young artists of today. she listens to old stuff by Chae Jung Ahn and Lee Jung Hyun lol because she likes that trance/dance stuff. She HATES R&b and hiphop! :blink:<_<

Guest tesslovemusic

My Mom loves SG Wannabe(She's a huge JinHo fan, that's the guy that often sings the really high picthes), Ft Island(Thanks to me:D), SeeYa, Fly To The Sky, Lee Seung Gi, Super Junior K.R.Y, Turbo, Kim Jong Kook, Shinhwa & She thinks SNSD and Big Bang are okay, but for some reason she doesn't like DBSK :P

She made me like SG Wannabe alot, 'cause we listen to them everytime we're driving some were:P

Guest xiaochingu.

my parents definitely arent fans

but once in a while when i put on a dbsk album

my mom would ask "hey who's singing this? it sounds pretty good" =)

that just makes me smile

• 1 month later...
Guest suju6753

My parents don't like dbsk or Battle....because they look like girls :wacko: I don't care if they look like girls...they sing very well. But they do like turtles.

:rolleyes: hah really?

im chinese but i lovee korean music.and my mom doesnt seem to mind.

as for my dad,he doesnt care at all.lol.

sometimes im worried cuzz my dad listens to hip hop sometimes.

xD

Guest x_asianaddict

PFHHT ; my dad doesn't give a damn buttah my mom likes Uknow DBSK .

SHe & I fight over pictures of him all the time LOL !

Guest heavenlydreamy

MY PARENTS THINKS MY SISTER AND I ARE CRAZY.

THEY DON'T MIND.

BUT MY AUNTY LOVE BI"RAIN".

SHE LOVE HIM THE DAY SHE SAW "FULLHOUSE" SO THAT MEAN SONG HYE KYO TOO.

SHE IS A LITTLE OLDER THAN MY MOM AND SHE LOVE "RAIN"..THAT IS FUNNY..TO ME..

Guest dreammssxx

my mom never approved me watchin and listening to kpop....its weird..she thinks its gonna interfere with school..but luckily it hasnt..i showed a pic of TVXQ to my mom and she was like..hmm..not good looking..and i was like o.O u hav bad taste then XD

Guest I<3SunSunYeMi

my parents knows nothing about korean lol

maybe they're too old...but my mom sometimes watches some korean dramas

about singers,they know NONE of them lol :D maybe Rain

Guest milk&cookies

My mom likes TVXQ and Fly to The Sky but she LOVES Bi...everytime I watch one of his videos she says something like...oh he's so handsome :lol:

Guest jemnise

my parents never liked Asian singers and such, but when i got to addicted to BB, they had the chance to listened to it and they LOVE it. maybe not more than i do but they do. I tried making them hear other Korean Artists but they end up comparing it to BB and going back to BB as well:D

My parent actually don't really care. My dad hardly ever has contact with K-Pop unless he comes in my room or when I'm watching KBS on tv xD My dad thinks it's wierd how I can go crazy over DBSK and Big Bang xD. My mom finds it annoying esp. when I listen to the upbeat songs but recently when I listen to ballet songs, esp. If by Taeyeon, she doesn't say things like "why are you listening to these songs, you don't even understand the language" =.=

Guest ZIPzoomZAP

my mom thinks micky and junsu are the best looking out of dbsk [based on the balloons mv]

she thinks jaejoong is sooo ugly, but then i showed her hug and she thought he was better looking then.

Its probably because micky and junsu were the only ones with black hair in the balloons time period.

my mom also likes heechul because he was in her drama [golden bride]. seh tihinks he is cute .

my aunt LOVES bi...i dont knwo much about that.

my sister loves taeyooung from big bang.

she was like WHO IS THAT ONE WITH THE FITTED !! while we were watching starking XD.

and she googled tell me and big bang behind my back [ she watched the joined concert thing]

overall my house loves the tell me dance.

what she has to say about wondergirls was pretty funny:

[for sohee]: I wonder what its like to be the ugliest and least talented out of the group [i have to agree[

[for yoobin]: SHE LOOKS AMAZING [in the preformce with bigbang]

ohh and they think siwon is handsome and minhyuuk [from full house, i dont remember his real name] is too.

Guest noriebanzai

my kasan likes tiffany's smiling eyes (i made her watch lots of snsd performance)

she also likes kibumie's baby face

believe me or not, she thinks dbsk is ugly...because of their girly-jawline and facial features..they look like girls to her...how sad!!!

my tousan doesn care...hehe..good thing

Archived