Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest monkeyinabarrel

iPod touch 4 32 gb

Pros

It's small and light weight ( good for my skinny Jean pocket)

Touch screen ( I don't have to mash the screen down and break it; just a small peck and it's really accurate)

It looks nice ( apple items nowadays are attractive)

Apps

Wifi ( no laptop to carry everywhere)

Easy interface

Battery life ( it would last the whole day if I wasn't on the wifi constantly and downloading apps)

Back camera ( it's a better camera then my phone and it had zoom)

Cons

Price ( I bought this one because I lost my nano and I was running out of the 8 gb needed for music)

The mirror on the back attracts scratches ( I got a scratch 5 min after setting it down; get a case ASAP )

The screen breaks with one fall ( this happened to many of my friends; unless you're permanently attaching it to a wall buy a screen protector first. My friend broke it in 1 week)

No fm radio ( I was thinking of going to zune but apples app store convinced me to stay)

No flash ( I never knew how many sites used flash)

It's super skinny ( I know this is in my pros but I spent 20 min trying to get my iPod out of the small crevice in the car)

Headphones ( they're crappy. Everyone says that zune has better sound quality but untrue. Its because of the headphones you get with it. I broke them in a month or so)

USB cord ( they're really bulky compared to my other USB cord, and never use white unless you have a coat if dirt repellent on it)

Front facing camera ( they could have done away with this and chop a few bucks off the hefty price; the camera quality sucks worse then my phone camera and I've never used FaceTime)

iTunes (very annoying and it uses a lot of processing on my computer; I can't switch to a different computer yet)

Can't access hidden folders ( if you guys ever want to move an entire iTunes library this is the easiest and cheapest way; I could access the hidden music folder in my old nano which I switched computers 3 times)

QuickTime ( apple forces you to install it on ur computer with iTunes; I uninstalled it and iTunes decided not to work unless QuickTime was reinstalled)

The cons are small minute things you don't realize. I would get another one ( if I had the money, good headphones, case, screen protector and an iTunes gift card for paid apps)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest everysweetday

I have a 3G iPod touch 8gb and it's... okay. I made the mistake of buying the lowest memory and I'm totally regretting it now =.=

Like: appstore, operating system, thin-ness, wifi, and it's battery life is pretty good.

Dislike: the front+back scratches really easily, nearly 2gb of your internal memory is taken up by the os.

Those are just the main points.

I think I'm gonna get the 64GB iPod touch soon, because tbh, apple products just draw me in T.T

Guest nameeka297

I've been using this for the past 2 years=) my brother gave it to me as a present~

P8070503.jpg

ignore the bubbles, i don't want to remove the screen protector..keke

I love it so freaking much!

It can play videos and I put lots of shows in there

2Gb internal memory, quite light, thin, i like the sleek design of black and white^o^

pretty satisfied with the size of the screen as well=D

Skyblue, local brand but with korean technology

clear video, nice sound quality=)

it has a quite a long battery life too!

my favorite feature in all tech gadgets - personalizing it! i can choose the background pic for every section (menu, music, radio, e-book etc)

-yes that is shinee, my stars-

it also has the feature to read e-books and a few games

not sure whether downloaded games can be played or not

one thing i thought is very strange that we can choose the korean as its language but it can hardly read hangul -.-"

it shows lots of questions marks instead..

other than that, i'm loving it to bits!!

p/s: i'm thinking about buying a regular mp3 player though, because i'm always afraid that during a long journey, the battery will be dead=P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest strawberry♡

Nano6PinkSkinCombo.jpg

I got this ipod nano a week ago.It was small and I know that the previous ipod nano can play

video on it.I love this ipod more than ever ~ It has touchscreen unlike the previous one.Mine

is silver colour.You can also use it as a digital clock which is a cool feature.I've been a big fan

of Apple.

ipod.jpg

This was my first mp3 player I've got.It still plays song smoothly eventhough it has been 2

years.The thing is that I don't like about it is that it has no play function and I had to buy an

earphone with the speaker function.Apple earphone barely can't work fine.So I bought a

new one without speaker.I had to adjust the volume and all in my pc.Still,I love Apple product.

I found out Zune HD is cool with touchscreen.Can't for Zune to come to my country <3

• 1 month later...
Guest humanoidm89

I'm quite lazy to take a picture right now. So I'll just tell you what my MP3 player is. It used to be an IPOD SHUFFLE 2nd Gen. Cause I stole it from my girlfriend after fixing it for her. I planned on putting music I liked in there so I could convert her to my music.. but I always forgot to give it back.. more like wanted to keep it for myself.. heh. Anywho, I am now a proud owner of a ROCKBOXed Sansa Clip+.

Guest janicebigbrother

I enjoy using my Coby mp3 right now, it'd be even better if the memory could hold more songs but I have no other complaints:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone recommend me one that has internet/wifi? Ive heard of Zune HD, ipod touch, and Cowon. Im really thinking on Cowon since im obsessed with having things that the other person wouldnt have or heard of.

Also, do you have to pay for any services or monthly fees if it has internet?

Can anyone recommend me one that has internet/wifi? Ive heard of Zune HD, ipod touch, and Cowon. Im really thinking on Cowon since im obsessed with having things that the other person wouldnt have or heard of.

Also, do you have to pay for any services or monthly fees if it has internet?

I have the Cowon J3 and love it.

I'm pretty sure most devices with internet are only wifi so there shouldn't be any fees.

I have the Cowon J3 and love it.

I'm pretty sure most devices with internet are only wifi so there shouldn't be any fees.

Oh okay. So youre saying that once i buy it, i can just use the internet as long as theres wifi without paying for anything?

I looked at the Cowon J3. It looks pretty cool! Right now im looking at the Cowon D3.

Oh okay. So youre saying that once i buy it, i can just use the internet as long as theres wifi without paying for anything?

I looked at the Cowon J3. It looks pretty cool! Right now im looking at the Cowon D3.

The D3 has Android and wifi so you can have your apps and stuff but when it first came out, it was super slow and laggy. There have been updates for it but I still don't really know how it's doing. If you want the D3 make sure you do your research and that you really want it.

The D3 has Android and wifi so you can have your apps and stuff but when it first came out, it was super slow and laggy. There have been updates for it but I still don't really know how it's doing. If you want the D3 make sure you do your research and that you really want it.

Yeah i heard about the updates. They said that it is running a bit faster and some bugs have been fixed. They also said that the Android Marketplace isnt available to non-phone devices. Im still saving up money so i have time to think about it. What got me most was the design and SQ.

Have you heard about Archos? I heard they are comparable to D3

In terms of SQ, I believe the J3 and D3 are supposed to be the same.

You might not be able to get the marketplace on the D3, but you can still get apps on there. I don't have any Android devices so I don't know how all that works. The D3 also supports many more video formats up to 1080p.

I don't own anything by Archos so I can't say anything about their players. They seem very tablety and pmp-like. If you're looking for something only for music, you can't go wrong with the J3.

Archived