Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if i want the best quality for the sound and video which one i must to buy?

im still confused because i really 0 knowledge in technology...

I have that one aswell but 8GB and I LOVE it <3 I always wanted an IPod but ended up with Samsung lol because it's so much cuter and I only have good experiences with it. As you said the videos are good quality but I had hard times to figure out how to convert (doesn't convert from AVI =\ ) Love the different fonts you can use and change the menu <3 well done Samsung xD I'm Samsung-obsessed o.o The battery lasts for a REALLY long time (I listen mostly 3 hours per day). I have to recharge once in a while <3

One function I really like but not a big deal. When you put pics on it and you want use it as background. You can zoom it and move it like you want, then save it as bg and tadaaa~ it's like you wanted it LOL I'm happy over small things -.-;;

I just can recommend this player and it's pretty cheap now (I bought it for around 130USD back then and now it's only 80USD or smth :x)

But I need a new mp3 player with more space. 8GB is too small for my collection *sigh* Some good Samsung Player with lots space and no touchscreen big screen? lol

^ Cowon S9 and Cowon iAudio 9 are the same player ^^;

I really recommend it as well, but if you want to have expand the capacity then you better get the D2. Though I don't think you really need it when you have 16GB as capacity.

D2 is a great, great music player as well. I have it for 2 years and it's the best one I've used so far. No lagging, no defects, no problems at all with the greatest audio quality ever (that you can even customize to your own taste).

I really dislike Apple or better said iPods. They're way overrated, expensive and the quality isn't even that good. If you're a real audiophile, then I'd go for one of Cowon's products. They're one of the best in my opinion.

Guest orphannies

^the S9 and the iAudio 9 is not the same player. The iaudio 9 is the updated version of the iaudio 7 (which I do own and the only Cowon player I currently like). It uses the "swing" touch controls, unlike the S9 which is Cowon's touch screen player. The iAudio 9 is cheaper than the S9 as well.

hello i need opinion from all of u...

i want to buy music player*last time i bougt ipod video and now want to change*

i need all of u opinion what music player is the best?

ipod?sony?

if ipod which one?

if sony which one?

i have review about sony like NWZ-S544B,X1050,S739F

and i blank about gadget...

help me please...

i love to learn music...

and video too....

please2 help me...

or the other brand of music player that you think its better than sony and apple...

thanks alot...

^-^

Depends what it is you want in your music player. Are you just concerned about SQ? Do you care a whole lot about video? Do you want the ability to use wifi and surf the internet? I have the 2nd gen Ipod Touch and I think it sounds great. I also have the Sony X1061 and I think that slightly has the edge over my Touch. The UI is very intuitive just like the touch and very responsive. I did have the Cowon D2, but the sound signature was not to my liking. It sounded cold and I had to use the equalizer a lot to get the sound I wanted. I like to listen to my music flat with no enhancement. I did have the Cowon S9 for a week and it does sound amazing, but only when I had BBE Viva2 on. The screen is amazing, but unfortunately the UI is VERY laggy. So I returned it and kept the Sony X1061.

Guest orphannies

@orphannies

so u choose sony than cowon right?

cowon is best in audio but not as well in video?

i need good in video n audio too...

hahaa

I chose the sony for several reasons. I chose it because I loved how my music sounded on the X versus the S9. To me, the music on the X just sounded fun again. The bass is deep and the clarity and separation of instrumentation is amazing when paired with my IE8 all on FLAT. The S9 didn't sound so good on Flat and I had to use enhancements to make it sound to my liking, and as I mentioned, I don't like to use enhancements when listening to my music. Mind you both sound absolutely great. I also chose the X over the S9 because the X can play AAC and the S9 didn't. I have a lot of music in AAC format and really don't want to convert it to another format so I can play it on the S9. The X is also eons ahead in touch responsiveness, it rivals that of the Ipod Touch. The S9 is laggy and non-responsive at times. The X is also easier to navigate around versus the S9.

The S9 does beat the X in video. The AMOLED screen on the S9 is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately video is not one of my priorities since I think the screen is too small to watch anything for a long period of time. So for me, the X was the better choice. If you are interested in video, I suggest you go with the S9, as the video on the X does not even begin to compare with the S9. Another plus for the S9 is the numerous codecs it supports.

As far as whether Cowon is best in audio versus the Sony, well that all depends on the user. IMO, everyone hears things differently and you really have to try it out and then decide. It also depends on the headphones you use. Sometimes the player and the headphones don't have really good synergy. I got lucky since my IE8's played nice with both the X and the S9. There's another forum that just talks about different sources and everyone has their favorite brands. If you can test both of them out before deciding on one the better for you I think.

aaa thanks alot...

i have read the review of cowon and creative

anybody know creative x-fi?

my friends told me this better than cowon...

now i really confused

which one better?

if cowon which one?

if creative?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eternaldarkness4

whats the creative x fi?

i tried to google but it came up with sound cards?

for video s9...

try googling up comparison reviews they show the mp3's strengths and weaknesses

i found them really useful when buying a mp3

Guest yoko102308

'Ello

I'm gong to ask for recommendations for a new player here <3

I was thinking about the Zune HD but I don't know how it his with audio quality. I also like the Samsung P2 & P3.

Then I don't know if I just want to buy a Zune 120 or see if there is something that sounds better.

Whatever it is I need:

-High quality playing (I care about how it sounds <3)

-Play vids (wmv/mp4)

-Be able to look at pics

-Good battery life

-Internet capability would be nice but I care more about the music~

-More then 4G (I'd like over 16?)

Recommend something a audiophile would love!

Please and thanks <3

EDIT: NO IPODS PLZ

Another Edit: My 4G Zune only holds 700-ish songs & only has maybe..10mb of pics on it. Do updates for Zunes really take up that much space???

• 2 weeks later...

i dunno if anyone still really looks in here anymore but im thinking of buying a new mp3 player.

i have iriver h10 jr (512mb), iriver u10 (1 or 2 gb? i dont remember lol), and samsung p2 (8 gb).

my p2 is working well but i think the battery life has shrunk :( also its a pain deleting files.

i dont really like the tagging system for it either. the touch screen has been weird these days too (but its not too much of a problem)

im looking at three potential players:

* samsung r1

http://i45.tinypic.com/2je9thi.jpg

* cowon s9

http://i49.tinypic.com/67ikiw.jpg

* lisse q10

http://i48.tinypic.com/1586mmx.jpg

ive looked up reviews. lisse q10 seems fairly new and very unknown. there were very few reviews and the majority was satisfied with the player. r1 and s9 had a lot of good reviews (as well as some really bad ones...)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cup_of_jo89

I have a Cowon S9. I love it! As most people said, the AMOLED screen is amazing. The audio is wonderful, and I love the Jet Effect 3.0 and BBE+. The sound (to me) is much more detailed, because the settings are pretty specific. There are a couple of sites (anythingbutipod.com and iaudiophile.net) that can help you with the EQ if you don't feel like toying with it. Battery life is great.

A lot of reviews have said that the UI is troublesome, but I learned it pretty quickly. It did not take too long. I like that there are hard buttons on the top of the player.

Though I'm not using it, I really like Claw's UI, because it makes the player more customizable. The only drawback to Claw's is that you may have to deal with a 1-2 second delay, but to me that isn't too much of a big deal.

Some don't like that it feels lightweight,because it doesn't feel sturdy. Despite being made of plastic instead of metal, I think it's pretty durable. The screen is made of tempered glass so it makes it much more resistant to scratches (It's not scratch-proof). No Wi-fi? I wasn't looking for that in a player anyway.

I've also read that Mac users may have some trouble, but there's a way to fix that. I don't have a MAC so it's not a problem for me.

The Firmware updates are pretty good from what I read. If they take care of it like they did with the D2 (which I hope), then I think this mp3 player can go pretty far.

DSC_00632.jpg

Isn't it pretty? (I hope the picture is not too big.) And those bubbles on the screen are from the plastic film that's still over it. I don't want to take it off just yet. Hehe.

BTW, this is my first mp3 player. I've been using CDs and a CD player for the longest time. I'm gonna miss that thing... Ok, perhaps, not that much, but I'll miss making people smile when I pull it out. :P

I have tried out other mp3 players as well, but I really do like this one. The s9 may not suit everyone's taste, but it suits mine. :D Sorry that it's so long...

32g iTouch. Yes, I am in no way unique.

haha, no worries. I've been using iPods for six years, and I don't see the point in changing.

iPod Touch for me as well.

3_6_Lcd_1gb_Digital_Camera_Pmp_Mp4_Dv_Jxd_921.jpg

JXD 921. The specs are here

I've had it for 3 (going on 4) years ~_~ It's mp3, video, and camera. It was pretty cool back in 2006 when I got a lot of compliments about it, but now the battery is squat so I've retired it. I mostly liked it for the 3.6" screen and camera :P Not ideal for a good mp3 player though

• 3 weeks later...

NW-s644 from Sony

Front

pic1144.jpg

Side

pic1145.jpg

Back

pic1191.jpg

Top notch sound quality, earphones that come with it are very good too. UI is in full Japanese, my Japanese isn't that great so i'm still working out all the features. Features include: Speed control, equalizer, video playback, photo viewing, FM radio, and lyrics mode. Comes in 8gb and 16gb, mine is 8gb.

Speed control options include: 0.5, 0.75, 0.9, 1.0, 1.1, 1.25, 1.50, 1.75, 2.0

Equalizer options include: Heavy, pop, jazz, unique and custom x 2

Can play, mp4 and wmv video files.

Can view photos while playing music

FM radio is available, however most of the channels won't work outside of Japan

Lyrics mode is a very nice feature that plays the lyrics along with the song, very useful for when you want to learn a song. But this requires some Japanese knowledge to register with the website that is used to download the lyrics and the software that adds the lyrics to the song. Downloading the lyrics costs money, around 10c-20c AUD depending which pack you buy, mp3 player comes with 20 free lyric downloads.

If you have no Japanese knowledge you can just drag and drop instead of using the software.

Battery life is said to be 42hrs for music and 10hrs for video, however i've yet to test this out myself.

TV output is available provided that you have the cable for it.

Karaoke mode where a large amount of the vocals are filtered out.

So far one thing i don't like is not being able to create playlists using the player or i haven't found it yet XD you have to use the software that comes with it which requires Japanese knowledge.

Overall i love this mp3 player, it's really small and thin, i'm learning Japanese atm and i love the lyrics mode, lets me learn the song and also pick up new vocabulary and kanji characters. There are still quite a few functions i have to figure out with my limited Japanese.

Guest Kazen88

^ Do you mind telling me where you bought that Sony mp3 player? I can't find any places to buy it from except for Japanese websites. :[

Archived