Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dodici

Just ordered myself a Zune HD 16GB Black.

my current P2 has seen better days.

really excited to get it.

Have the same one. The program to load the music drives me up the wall tho. Need to hack it or something. Ugh.

man I can't believe how few sansa clips/fuzes there are (none) in this thread

and so many iriver h1xx's

jeez

Im sill pissed I missed an auction for an h120 on ebay last week it went for 40 bucks, working condition. I really want one for the optical line in and out, the one thing that makes it a bit better than my h320

samsung_yp_k5.jpg3517-1.jpg

samsung_ypk5_1A.jpg

The sliding speakers is pretty cool. If you turn up the volume when the speakers are out, you can  hear it loud and clear. That's the best feature for me. ^__^

It also can store images (no videos though T__T) and they look pretty good.

The radio on here only works(maybe it's just mine) if the headphones are plugged in. Other than that the radio is great.

You can put the language on this mp3 to be korean, japanese, spanish, portuguese and french among others. ^^

This mp3 has a lot of battery life and it's been my best friend for the last... many years hahahah!

Guest AiMango

20gb-sony17.jpg

i got this baby 5 or 6 years ago. (not my pic btw LOL) 20 gig. no video though, the sound was ok but transferring songs on this thing was ridiculous cause i had to convert it to .AAC or something (i forget which format) and i would get a bunch of errors. it was kinda chunky, too.

so 4 years ago i got the 2nd gen 8gig black iPod. I loved it, the only problem was that I had a lot of music.. so I would have to pick my good songs & etc. got a little annoying but im actually still using it to this day. LOL. i barely listen to music on the go, though. i always listen to it off my laptop at home.

but now i actually wanna get a new mp3, so im hoping someone can recommend me > <

what i prefer:

-internal mem of 40+gig (dont really want to go out on a limb to buy ext. mem)

-wifi

-unicode-able (can read chinese simpl+trad, japanese, korean)

-long battery life

-matte design (NOT a fingerprint magnet)

-not too bulky D: i have small hands xD

what i dont really need but would be nice:

-voice/video recording

-video capability

-radio capability

-bluetooth

-games+apps

-high quality sound

-camera

i was leaning towards getting a 64gig iTouch for awhile now. i dont need 4G, i dont mind getting a refurbished 3G from the apple website. makes things easier and its only 319$. Btw 3G has a camera right?

Zune HD looks good except the fact that it doesnt support unicode.. yeah any other suggestions? ive been out of the loop for awhile and i ignore all mp3s that are 16gig and under. Lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cup_of_jo89

I've already posted my player a few months ago, but I just wanted to show off my UCI. I messed around with it last night, and it makes me happy to look at. (I love you, AMOLED screen.) Also, Cowon updated the firmware for the S9 (FINALLY!). It's definitely a lot "snappier," as one member of another forum noted. The only trade-off, supposedly, is the battery life. However, it's life is still pretty long. I don't notice it, 'cause I charge it frequently.

Sorry, pic heavy and not that clear.

Musicmenu.jpg

Music UCI - Piano by Lunar. Clean - just the way I like it. The screen is a lot brighter than this. It just dimmed as soon as I took the picture.

menu1.jpg

Menu 1 - Aero Ultimate G2 by dnw.

menu2.jpg

Menu 2 - Curve S Line by Ragelion. Can flip to change orientation, but the S-curve stays the same. Makes me smile.

Menu3.jpg

Menu 3 - Default. Still looking around, but there is one that I have my eye on. Just waiting for the person to get around to it.

I really need to get a case for it. And a nice pair of headphones would be pretty awesome as well. Ok, I'm done.

• 3 months later...

@cup_of_jo89 can u play video on that? looks awesome ...  

@Photogeek may i know how's the recording function like? looking for a mp3 player that can record good audio even if it mean blasting music ...

did not consider the recording function when I bought my Samsung YP-U5 (4GB) .. was looking for a light weight and economical one at that time ..

Model : YP-U5 (Samsung)

Storage type: Flash memory

Display type : OLED

Format : MP3, WMA, Ogg, FLAC

Voice recording: 128 kbps

Connectivity: USB 2.0

FM Radio : Yes

I love the samsung brand for their audio equipment ... all my MP3 players are samsung yepp ... 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest quynhk1

hey guys i lost my samsung p3 so now i have to look for a new mp3 player again -___-

this time i'm stuck between cowon j3 and samsung r1

basically cowon j3 has these : speaker, bigger screen than r1 but more expensive also

as for the samsung r1: i've been using samsung products p2, and p3 and loved them both but the r1 seems to have a reputation for freezing?

for the cowon can it read korean lyrics/letters because that's mainly what i listen to and i don't want to read gibberish

Thanks for helping!

• 1 month later...
Guest Annyon

My Apple Itouch 3g that I've had since it first came out...

DVC00077.jpg

Just recently jailbroke it last night and enjoying the new features! Also planning on getting a new itouch (4G) soon or maybe wait to see if they release a 5G... My 3G still works and looks fantastic though. LOVE IT! <3

hey guys i lost my samsung p3 so now i have to look for a new mp3 player again -___-

this time i'm stuck between cowon j3 and samsung r1

basically cowon j3 has these : speaker, bigger screen than r1 but more expensive also

as for the samsung r1: i've been using samsung products p2, and p3 and loved them both but the r1 seems to have a reputation for freezing?

for the cowon can it read korean lyrics/letters because that's mainly what i listen to and i don't want to read gibberish

Thanks for helping!

Cowon can read and display Korean so don't worry about that. I'd go for the J3 just for the audio quality alone, aside from other amazing features it has.

Guest toGETherONE

img5763v.jpg

I wanted something affordable yet in any case disposable if my niece happens to do the things little ones do with their tactile magic, break it. So I stumbled upon this portable player online.

>>> jWIN 3" LCD 8GB (+ 8GB expansion microSD sold seperately) digital portable player <<<

img5750kw.jpg

Encodes MP3, WMA, WMA DRM 9, AVI, RM, RMVB, VOB, JPEG, BMP, GIF and TXT for a variety of entertainment options.

For starters, this is not a touchscreen however all the buttons are easy to access. I use it as an mp3 player with built-in awesome [a.k.a. loud] mono speaker (backside), and FM radio attached stock earphones that function as the receiver antenna. Still, I have yet to try loading on some 480p kdrama files to see if those work well, since the digital manual is preloaded (go green ~ no manual pamphlet) states resolution tops at 800 x 480 pixels. Nice. I did load on some kid shows for my niece, and this product pretty much is a "hit or miss" deal when some .avi files work and some files won't understated by given limitations. That's ok by me since I bought it for $42 (tax + shipping included). Don't expect it to play any of your iPod/iPhone files 'cos it didn't come from Apple. Simple and direct, I read some customers had problems to start when their PC didn't recognize its new USB hardware, well, the connection was silky smooth for me every time. Its built-in battery fully charged via USB tests 3 hrs. video play per niece. (She has grown very attached to it by now.) I don't intend loading photos into it but it's avail.

Downside, it does a crappy job sorting files in order arranged by (default) time modified not file name descending. Solution? Before you transfer files into this player, make sure you organize copy folders of files beforehand, then transfer sorted folders in for better management.

Yeah, I do like it. Small, light (2 oz.) yet exceed expectations by price value.

• 1 month later...
Guest JustYassy

I wanted an mp3player where I can watch little videos on the go and with the option for micro SD cards.

My choice:

Sansa Fuze <3

4186XeeO7AL._SS500_.jpg

Good quality, nice library and nice Display (which is scratched now :D)

My older ones were destroyed after about 1 year, but this one is still alive after like.. 2-3 years! 

I just love it! :)

(BTW you're able to play games on it after its rooted :D [which i didnt do])

• 5 weeks later...

I've had my refurbed samsung p2 for over 3 years now...finally the headphone jack is giving out lol T___T. I'm thinking about purchasing the cowon J3. Battery life and features seem awesome. Does anybody have it/care to do a review on it?

I've had my refurbed samsung p2 for over 3 years now...finally the headphone jack is giving out lol T___T. I'm thinking about purchasing the cowon J3. Battery life and features seem awesome. Does anybody have it/care to do a review on it?

Buy the J3. You will love it! I got one about a month ago and listen to it everyday. I barely even listen to songs on my computer anymore.

The J3 is nice and small. Very light too. It fits in the palm of your hand and the buttons are well placed. The AMOLED display is just beautiful. Videos and pictures look amazing. It can play avi, wmv, asf, mp4, xvid, and h264 videos. It even supports subtitles, but I haven't tried that out yet.

I used to listen to Samsung mp3 players and thought those sounded great but I think the J3 sounds even better. It will pretty much play any audio file. There are also four user customizable eq's to get the sound you want and a whole bunch of other presets.

The J3 is probably the best player I've ever owned. Just buy it, you won't regret it. (unless you have have a mac. the j3 isn't compatible)

Guest VuJaeYin

Cowon J3 Consumer.

Sorry but not even your apple ipod touch/iphone/ whatevers compare to iAudio products

yay

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OneSong

definitely recommend J3 as well, I own one and loving it! <3 I got it at the end of last year since my old one was starting to fail on me.

THE SCREEN IS SUPER. haha, I just had to point that out. I converted a pretty high quality HD video (720) and had it play back on J3 and it's absolutely amazing! No Apple product will ever beat this... AMOLED <3

Subtitle is a bonus for me- it works fine (just name the srt file with the name of the video)

SOUND IS AMAZING. the customization and different settings (hall, ballad, rock, etc.) enhances the hearing

Battery life is amazing as well, I listen to it pretty often but rarely charge it.

Speakers are okay, not a lot of games- censor wise, you can try to download flash games and they work just as fine. Although the only downside to J3 is the inability to read pdf files (it only uses text files) which may be a problem for some people. I read manga fine on the J3 as well- you can zoom in and zoom out by "pinching" the screen with your fingers (sort of like zooming in/out on the iphone).

Feel free to ask any questions~

Archived