Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "The Legend of the Blue Sea" Episode 9

photo795805.jpg

Sometimes all a man needs in life is the steadfast presence of someone who doesn't leave when the going gets tough. For Joon-jae, a man who was abandoned by his family in his youth, the unwavering devotion of mermaid Cheong gives him the strength to get through the tough times.

Those tough times include run-ins with his father, clairvoyant dreams, and a very real fear of the murderer on the loose. The first of those three, the run-ins with his father, run two-fold in meaning. Firstly, he was hurt by his father who seems oblivious to his son's paid. Secondly, the father is obviously sick with something dangerous and that will probably bring father and son together at some point in the future. The clairvoyant dreams are what finally give this drama a kick in the pants. It was stagnating until Dam-ryeong decided to get in touch with his future incarnation to warn him of the dangers to Cheong. The desperate connection gives the mystery the charge it needed. That mystery involves the murderer who has been hired by Joon-jae's stepmother to keep tabs on him and help her acquire Joon-jae's inheritance. I would also argue that the mystery also revolves around where Joon-jae's mother went and why she separated from his father.

Romance also heats up as Joon-jae falls head-over-heels for the devoted Cheong. In her eyes he does no wrong, but this episode hints at a huge break once she finds out he's a conman. She dislikes deceiving others. Part of that is because mermaids don't like - they communicate telepathically. This brings me to another question: what happened to her mermaid-on-land side effects?

I'm most looking forward to seeing how Dam-ryeong and Joon-jae connect and the revelation of the fact that Cheong is in fact a mermaid. Until, I must wonder why Cheong just won't tell him she's a mermaid. I'm sure she has her mermaid-y reasons.

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-9-101511.html

• Like 8

i really love this song :heart:

Legendary singer Lee Sun Hee meets 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' with her OST, 'Wind Flower'

'The Legend of the Blue Sea' meets legendary singer Lee Sun Hee through her OST Part 6 for the drama, a song titled "Wind Flower"!

SEE ALSO: [OP-ED] What makes a music video?

The veteran singer lent her powerful, yet delicate voice for the perfect, orchestral soundtrack to depict the complex, fateful, and fantastic romance between the ongoing drama's leads Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun. Did you recognize Lee Sun Hee's voice while watching the drama? 

Recap Lee Min Ho's and Jun Ji Hyun's intertwined past in Lee Sun Hee's MV above!
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, HyeSung Bak said:

도깨비 대박!!

Hi HyeSung Bak, ye, this drama is on-top. :P

“The Legend Of The Blue Sea” Continues To Be Top Dog In Viewership Ratings

The Legend of the Blue Sea

The Legend of the Blue Sea” remains firmly seated in first place for Wednesday-Thursday drama viewership ratings, even as its popularity extends overseas.

According to Nielsen Korea, the drama went up as high as 21.3 percent in the Seoul Metropolitan Area. It has also kept its spot on top ever since its premiere, and is also ranked highly on online communities and portal sites.

The latest episode, broadcast on December 14 KST, recorded 16.6 percent nationwide, remaining in first place against its competition.

“The Legend Of The Blue Sea” has also been making waves overseas, having received enthusiastic response not just in Asia, but also in the Americas, Europe, and Oceania.

On subscription channel Sony One, the drama took first place in its time slot against other Hallyu channels, achieving 92 percent in Malaysia and 82 percent in Singapore. Philippines’ internet TV service iflix saw its subscribers double after the drama was made available, and about 20 percent of the new subscribers watched “The Legend Of The Blue Sea” first thing after signing up.

For the Chinese internet TV service iQIYI, it reported a cumulative 112 million views from episodes one to eight. After its launch in Taiwan, ‘”The Legend of the Blue Sea” is setting a record for the most views with an average of 140,000 views per episode.

The drama also maintained first place for its time slot on Viki, where it also hit 64,000 followers on its channel just three weeks after premiering.

“The Legend Of The Blue Sea” team has expressed their gratitude for the response, saying that, “We’d like to thank the countless viewers both within and beyond Korea for their love. Thanks to your love and support, we are able to film warmly even in this cold winter. We hope you will continue to show us support in the future.”

credit : soompi news

• Like 4

Legend of the Blue Sea: Episode 9

by girlfriday | December 14, 2016 | 19 Comments

bluesea09-00076a.jpg

I’m so fascinated by the doppelganger mythology in Legend of the Blue Sea, and the more we learn about the connection between our two heroes, the more questions I have about the magic that binds them. What I wouldn’t give to spend an hour on Dam-ryung’s story, just to grill him for what he knows! Up until recently, I had assumed that time flowed from past to present linearly, but it’s starting to look more and more like that’s just half the story.

Read full recap here http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-9/

• Like 4

Lee Min Ho Is Playful Behind-The-Scenes Of “Legend Of The Blue Sea”

LEE MIN HO

The production team behind “Legend Of The Blue Sea” continues to gift fans with candid moments from the set!

On December 14, SBS released behind-the-scene stills of star Lee Min Ho showing off his range as the Joseon era’s Dam Kyung, the previous life of clever con-man Heo Jun Jae. In the images, the leading actors truly transforms into the swindling Jun Jae’s more innocent past-life form.

In one shot, Lee Min Ho is all smiles as he interacts with the crew. In others, the actor is seen spending some time with Dam Ryung’s well-armored horse, practicing his horseback riding and even keeping it company as he takes a break from shooting. (Can anyone guess what they could be talking about?)

With the tenth episode airing this evening, “Legend Of The Blue Sea” is officially midway through its run.

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/14/lee-min-ho-playful-behind-scenes-legend-blue-sea/

• Like 6

On 12/14/2016 at 1:05 PM, Chellsee said:

LOTBS new stills. :heart: Minho seems to be fun and jolly in the set. :blush:

Source: http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1L58RT8HIR

Hi Chellsee, thanks for sharing these new stills. I do agree with you that LMH seems to be having fun here. I love looking at these BTS. I'm happy that the production continues to give us NICE & COOL photos with candid moments from the set! I love that picture where Lee Min Ho is all smiles. NICE that picture where I guess he's practicing his horseback riding. Wow - time flies so fast that it seems the drama has just begun. Now, it's midway through its run. :P

• Like 2

Lee Min Ho “Legend of the Blue Sea” Past Life - Present Life - Clues/Connection Confirmation and Clues Finding, Jeon Ji Hyun “Commitment” - 15.12.2016

tumblr_oi7u3ehyZf1v80w6go1_540.jpg

SBS Wednesday-Thursday Drama “Legend of he Blue Sea” lead male Lee Min Ho is on the verge of revealing the secrets behind. 

On 15th of December, The Wednesday-Thursday SBS Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” (Written by Park Ji Eun / Directed by Jin Hyuk / Culture Depot of South Korea / Production House Studio Dragon) release just release still cuts featuring their male lead Lee Min Ho as the genius con-artist Heo Jun Jae visiting his father’s right-hand, Chief/Department Head Nam (Park Ji Il/ younger role by Choi Kwon) in the hospital. Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” itself is a fantasy romance filled with laughter and fun. The drama also have unpredictable events as the very last mermaid on the planet will meet the con-artist and will have trouble adapting to the human life, There will be a connection tying their past that will cross over to the future as the story unfold. The story line was promised to give the audience a brand new experience

The latest still cuts revealing Chief/Department Head Nam who’s finally conscious, and Heo Jun Jae (Lee Min Ho) who finally knew the news about the accident happening to the Chief/Department Head, and currently trying to find out the secrets behind the accident. On the latest still cuts, the conscious Chief/Department Head Nam is looking at Heo Jun Jae, while Jun Jae holds his hand, smiling. 

In Jun Jae’s predicted previous live, seems that Kim Dam Ryeong has a close friend named Yak Seon (Choi Kwon), which in a way connected Chief/Department Head Nam. Yak Seon fall in a cliff while trying to help Dam Ryeong saving his mermaid lover Se Hwa (Jeon Ji Hyun) and lost consciousness in the process. If events on the past are indeed repeated in the present,Yak Seon is somehow in a way is the reincarnation, or connected to Chief/Department Head Nam. Heo Jun Jae has somehow expected this, but he still can’t expect what might happen to Chief/Department Head Nam afterward. In particular, Heo Jun Jae was pretty much aware/concerned that his present life is a repeating events from a series of events happened in the past, which he guessed was his previous life. 

“Legend of the Blue Sea” representatives said “Please look forward to the events where Heo Jun Jae trying to find clues, trying to find out what’s happening to him in the present, what’s happening in the past and the connection between them. As the story’s development accelerates, the drama will get more intense~” and “How the story will unfold will keep the viewers excited..please keep supporting and loving us, and expect the broadcast~”

Meanwhile, the 10th episode of SBS “Legend of the Blue Sea” will be broadcasted on Thursday, 15th of December on 10 PM KST.

GetItK Reporter Han Ji Hee / [Photo] Culture Depot of South Korea, Studio Dragon, SBS Content Hub

source: GetItK

Korean - English Translation: Monika Setiono 

• Like 3

http://www.weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404052911440190281#_0

The writer is a drama critic. I only translate partial of her writing. (skip parts are the descriptions of the plots.)
(ps. Usually Chinese call Korean actors as "Oppa", it's an alias, not only used in young ladies.)

《Legend of The Blue Sea》This is the K-drama we should trace ! LMH JJH Mermaid couple.

Because the subject of this drama is fresh and funny, since the broadcast has been well loved by the public, and constantly received praises.

Like other people, I was also addicting in LOTBS, simply can not extricate myself from the drama, every day imagine myself being in the world of Lee Min Ho! Maybe because the protagonist CP are too beautiful, and having wonderful acting skills. Fans can be completely intoxicated in the story. Have heard about the "Asian dancing king", but have you heard the "Asian vinegar (jealous) king" ? Such a lovely Oppa, is there not a lot of people seeking to marry him ?

LOTBS got a high rating in Korea, and the topic is always on Weibo top list, also we can see it on top list of 24 hrs hot search. Why we are so keen on this drama ?

In addition to our vinegar king, of course, there is a most important reason, that is one word : Heart.

The plot of LOTBS is mainly around the crossing lines of ancient and modern time. One person played two roles thoroughly test the performance of the male lead, and he did not let us down, Lee Min Ho is still Lee Min Ho, that well beloved LRS in "City Hunter" ! Under his diligently try, his acting breakthrough is obvious!

In the ancient scenes, Li Min Ho plays the county magistrate KDR, probably because of a love, or because he read the mermaid's eyes? Anyway, Oppa saved the mermaid,  his eyes are stable, restrained, firm and full of affection!

Transformed to the modern time, suddenly the met each other.
A variety of facial expressions are accurate! Seeing a stranger broke into the house, Oppa staged from cautious panic to calm composure by the perfect expression change, this is the witness of his acting and talent ! 

When HJJ found out the mermaid in the hospital and he finally felt peace, but found the mermaid's heart stop beating, JJ's state was from anxious then switch directly to an anger mode, the emotions exploded out, his eyes instantly congestion, anxious, angry, worried , Sad, afraid, all kind of emotions intertwined, just look at his eyes, we read and know all.

I thought you left me, I could not say the pain, but knowing you still can accompany me, my eyes became red and teary, Lee Min Ho fully played the complex emotions in Jun Jae's heart. need not cry to perform sadness, and need not smile to show joy, everything must be perceived from his eyes!

After three years, try hard to improve
acting, prove himself by works, Lee Min Ho is back with full of sincerity. LOTBS, the beauty of leading actors is a reason to get praise, but the outstanding of this drama is definitely acting skills.

Wozki Sood said:
The world's best to see the TV series are intentions to interpret it, what is the intentions?
No words, acting speak!

Thank Mr. Lee Min Ho to bring us such a great work in 2016, I bet that this is the best 2016 Korean drama! If I am wrong, that is because my deep love to Mr. Lee. . . . those chasing other actors' dramas, do not hit me !

• Like 6

[Drama Review] 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' - Episode 9

lee-min-ho,jun-ji-hyun

Finally, 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' doesn't waste any time in creating some new suspense and interesting scenarios in episode 9 that will have Heo Joon Jae (Lee Min Ho) falling into some climactic situations - especially regarding his family.

After fighting off Mae Da Young, Heo Joon Jae (Lee Min Ho) meets with Shim Cheong (Jun Ji Hyun)  and begs her not to leave. However, once Heo Joon Jae suddenly faints, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I was still intrigued by the fact that he met with his past self in the trance-like state. It seems he will encounter him more than once in this episode and future ones to come - especially since he is seen warning Heo Joon Jae more than once.

jun-ji-hyun_1481844204_bluesea5.jpg

Yet things are getting more heated as Mae Da Young is making more and more appearances. He stands as a threat to Heo Joon Jae now that he is after Shim Cheong. However, he isn't doing anything half as crazy as he did in episode 8. I'm expecting more trouble from him and hopefully soon in order to pick up the plot.

The only thing I can't make any great guesses on is Heo Joon Jae's stepbrother. He is shrouded in more mystery than Mae Da Young! One moment he seems to despise Heo Joon Jae and meddle in his life and in the next, he is defending him from his evil stepmother. I think he may have his own underlying intentions that go way above his mother and Heo Joon Jae.

However, the evil stepmother has some tricks up her sleeve and doesn't leave everything up to Mae Da Young - which I think is more exciting. The fact that this crazy woman even tried poisoning Heo Joon Jae's father is just going one step too far.

Read more under spoiler:

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/12/drama-review-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-9

It is a shame that from the start he appeared to have given up on his family only to suffer this ill fate from such a dastardly woman. It is revealed that Heo Joon Jae's father is going blind and I believe it has something to do with the medicine the stepmother is giving to him.

jun-ji-hyun_1481844493_bluesea9.jpg

Aside from the backstabbing, I will say this drama is keen on highlighting all the "types" of love out there. As stated in the past, the secondary characters offer a lot of lessons to Shim Cheong. The beggar in Gangnam illustrates the 3 types of love in this world, "romantic love, hot love, and dirty love," letting Shim Cheong know which love she is looking for and which she can't handle. Once again, K-Drama viewers should get out their pen and papers because there is always a lesson to learn.

jun-ji-hyun_1481844204_bluesea4.jpg

I, like Shim Cheong, am a stubborn claw machine game player!

But love isn't the only hardship we have to learn! I love the lesson with the pink octopus. Once again, the show projects deep meanings with simple, sweet comparisons. Just like how families are like red bean fish bread (warm, sweet and all look the same), the pink octopus in the grab machine representing that in life sometimes things seem like they will work out and suddenly a problem may get in the way (falling out of the claw's grasp). But just because you are stuck in place doesn't mean you give up. Life is simply that way.

jun-ji-hyun_1481844205_bluesea7.jpg

While I enjoy the lessons learned, viewers are wondering what lesson Kim Dam Ryeong is trying to teach Heo Joon Hae exactly. It doesn't even seem like Heo Joon Jae and Kim Dam Ryeong are two separate characters living as one! Instead of jumping back and forth between the past, the plot shows that their time and fate is all connected, making it more parallel rather than divided. Because of this, the storyline is getting stranger and stranger.

The real suspense in episode 9 is the fact that Heo Joon Jae is leading himself into a trap that will do more damage than he expects. Not only will he encounter his mother during his con artist scheme against Ahn Joo Jin but he will also be exposed to Shim Cheong as a con artist, who according to her are "people who always lie." This will definitely put a bruise in the relationship. I just wonder if the drama will really let him suffer or help him find a way out of it.

jun-ji-hyun_1481844497_bluesea8.jpg

Even the puppy doesn't want to be around her.

Something I happened to notice is that the music selection this time around wasn't so dramatic and distracting. I am getting tired of hearing the same love song every five minutes just because Shim Cheong even looks at Heo Joon Jae funny. I appreciate silence here and there in order to maintain the crucial feelings in certain scenes.

For example, the scene where Shim Cheong comes into Heo Joon Jae's room to care for him is just so genuine and sincere, it really had a sense of realism to it - portraying the will to care for someone no matter what. Jun Ji Hyun excelled well with her acting in this moment but Lee Min Ho really put on quite the performance in portraying Heo Joon Jae's hurt and heavy heart. His weeping didn't seem forced or awkward at all. His tears and stumbling over his words felt so natural that it almost moved me to tears. However, his prideful character shined as he insisted that he was "close to shedding a tear" rather than crying and insisted on not to telling his fellow con men about it. Too cute!

jun-ji-hyun_1481844204_bluesea2.jpg

The non-climactic kiss scene.

The only thing that threw me off was the kiss that suddenly came right after! I know they were going for something unexpected but I barely noticed or felt any romantic buildup in the scenes that led to the kiss unlike other times in the drama.

Either way, it was cute to finally see them lock lips. However, I was freaking out wondering if Heo Joon Jae would suddenly lose his memory again! But I guess not, since he woke up the next morning extra bubbly and charming as he prepared pasta for Shim Cheong.

jun-ji-hyun_1481844204_bluesea1.jpg

A man who can cook is a man in my book!

'The Legend of The Blue Sea' is about to reach the double digit episode and I still find the plot inconsistent by slowing down then suddenly speeding up. Hopefully, episode 10 will keep to one pace and the show will continue to go up from there. 

In the end, episode 9 offered a bit more excitement compared to previous episodes now that Heo Joon Jae is becoming more involved with his family. As expected, the present day story is much more enjoyable than the past one, but I expect something crucial from the past to occur in the present, as suggested in Heo Joon Jae's dream.

• Like 6