Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

HEARD: Secrets to Lee Min-ho’s success

lee-min-ho2-e1465133660810.jpg

T’S MORE than just talent and luck, South Korean actor Lee Min-ho answered when asked by the Inquirer about the secrets to his success in a recent e-mail interview. He explained: “Throughout my 10-year career, I’ve met a lot of people, experienced many different things, and learned a lot of lessons. Whether you want to be a good actor or singer, you need to be responsible and professional—and you have to learn to work well with other people and be a team player. And it’s important to know how to put yourself in other people’s shoes. I learned that being considerate helps me in my life and career.” Rito P. Asilo

• Like 7

Lee Min Ho's PROMIZ charity platform is awarded by Korea Good Brand

Lee Min Ho's fundraising platform, PROMIZ, recently won an award from Korea Good Brand. Why did the 28 year-old actor set up the charity platform, and how did PROMIZ win the high honor?

Lee Min Ho is one of the many actors who has used his/her celebrity status to reach out to fans to raise social awareness and to help important causes. In his case, he had a personal brush with a terrible car crash that suspended his acting career for a year when he was in his early 20s. The experience made him realize the importance of a "support system" that could be there when people needed it the most.

During his interview with inquirer.net, Lee Min Ho talked about how PROMIZ was started in 2014, "So, together with my fans, I created a donation platform called PROMIZ two years ago. Whatever profit we make from a project, we would donate to a certain cause or contribute to an organization. PROMIZ closely monitors how its contributions are used because transparency is essential in making donations."

Lee Min Ho also starred in short films to promote PROMIZ, such as this one:

True to its mission, PROMIZ has made significant contributions to organizations such as Charity:Water, Holt International Children's Service, and, most recently, UNICEF Korea during the last two years. The 50 million Won contributed to UNICEF Korea on World Water Day, March 22, helped purchase water purification tablets for some 520,000 children to drink clean water and to avoid waterborne diseases from dirty water.

According to Lee Min Ho's agency, MYM Entertainment, PROMIZ has donated a total of 350 million Won in cash and 50 million Won in items so far.

The name PROMIZ came from the words "Promise" and Lee Min Ho's fan club "Minoz."

The Hallyu star's fans are located all around the world, not just in Asia. Many of these fans are attracted to the handsome actor not just for his charms but also for his exemplary leadership as a role model for positive changes in life. Many fans have responded to PROMIZ to support charitable projects, and some fan clubs have also initiated their own local projects to perform good deeds.

Lee Min Ho said, “My goal is to change perception about giving money for charity. Many people still think that this is only for the rich. I used to think like this too, but it isn’t true. Just begin by donating the smallest amount you can afford to donate. You’ll soon realize how easy it is to support worthy causes.”

It's no wonder that PROMIZ won the Korea Good Brand Award, as announced on May 26:

714fa76d-2380-4873-833c-0a82e30b75e8.jpg

Even more importantly, you can believe that PROMIZ and Lee Min Ho will keep on moving forward to continue the work for good causes!

Have you ever made a contribution for a social cause because of your favorite actor? Let us know below!

https://www.dramafever.com/news/lee-min-hos-promiz-charity-platform-is-awarded-by-korea-good-brand/

• Like 9

20160608 MYM official FB and Weibo account updated :

Actor Lee Min Ho will be starring in a new SBS TV Series titled, “Legend of the Blue Sea” (working title). We ask for your love and support as Minho appears in his first TV series in 3 years.

006t4xHSgw1f4ntnru1plj31jk2234qp.jpg

• Like 10

7 hours ago, MyHun said:

20160607 [LETV] Lee Min Ho will attend 15th Shanghai International Film Festival 李敏鎬確定亮相上海國際電影節

Cr ICE Beyond_ MinoBoiz_ICE

Hi MyHun, thanks for sharing this news clip. 15th? I guess LMH is invited to the 19th Shanghai International Film Festival. NICE to know that he's attending since this is a good way to promote his upcoming movie for local fans especially.  :P

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi MyHun, thanks for sharing this news clip. 15th? I guess LMH is invited to the 19th Shanghai International Film Festival. NICE to know that he's attending since this is a good way to promote his upcoming movie for local fans especially.  :P

Hi willenette, yes it's 19th not 15th:)

Lee Min-ho, Ha Ji-won, T.O.P, Kim Ji-won to attend Shanghai film fest

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160608

The 19th Shanghai International Film Festival -- one of the largest film festivals in Asia -- is to be held June 11-19, with A-list Korean celebrities including Lee Min-ho, Ha Ji-won, T.O.P and Kim Ji-won set to grace the red carpet, local media outlets announced Wednesday.

Chinese stars such as Jackie Chan and Fan Bingbing and Academy Award-winning film director Ang Lee have also confirmed to join in the ceremony.

By Jung Min-kyung (mkj1105@heraldcorp.com)

Source

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, MyHun said:

Hi willenette, yes it's 19th not 15th:)

Lee Min-ho, Ha Ji-won, T.O.P, Kim Ji-won to attend Shanghai film fest

The 19th Shanghai International Film Festival -- one of the largest film festivals in Asia -- is to be held June 11-19, with A-list Korean celebrities including Lee Min-ho, Ha Ji-won, T.O.P and Kim Ji-won set to grace the red carpet, local media outlets announced Wednesday.

Chinese stars such as Jackie Chan and Fan Bingbing and Academy Award-winning film director Ang Lee have also confirmed to join in the ceremony.

By Jung Min-kyung (mkj1105@heraldcorp.com)

Source

MyHun, thanks for sharing more news on this upcoming event. So NICE to see that more K-actors/actresses will be attending as well. :P

• Like 3

It means we can see his pics at the airport tomorrow:):blush:

Lee Min Ho, T.O.P, Ha Ji Won, Hwang Jung Min And More Invited To Shanghai International Film Festival

lee-min-ho-t.o.p-ha-ji-won-hwang-jung-mi

Several Hallyu stars have received invitations to the opening of the 19th Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF).

Among those invited to the prestigious occasion on June 11 are actors Hwang Jung Min, Lee Min Ho, Ha Ji Won, T.O.P, Kim Ji Won, and Chun Jung Myung.

Hwang Jung Min is invited for his film “The Himalayas” and Lee Min Ho for his upcoming movie “Bounty Hunters,” while T.O.P and Cecilia Cheung will be in attendance for “Out of Control.”

The Shanghai International Film Festival is an internationally renowned event, and is China’s biggest film festival. It is scheduled to go on for nine days after the opening on June 11.

Source (1)

Source

• Like 6