Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest Rachel Park

@alesia44 yeah he's always so proud of him. Tho sometimes mino may get too busy to keep in touch with him but sooro-nim always remember and support him. Remember when he comes to Heirs set to support him and the drama. Also he always praise minho in any interview. Such a lovely bond between this two. I hope mino can always keep in touch with him and his friends :)

Thanks for the trans anyway ;)

Tho GB dropped to second position but im so happy GB can reach 1M viewers. Woohooooo~~~! Congrats to all GB team. Still has long way to go to achieve another milestones. Just Fighting!!!

Lets party minoz!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

alesia44 said: I don't like that part because they cut some of his words. Actually after he answered "Girls", he said "it's just joking". Then he explains something about building friendship with his male friends. Oh yeah we can see full interview in english subtitle on KBS World later (maybe 2-3 weeks from now).

This site is now updated. Look how close the nos. are between spots 1 and 2. Hero is a family film and today is Sunday where lots of families go out to the theatres, so I think that is expected. Let's hope GB goes back to top spot tomorrow. http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/boxOffice_Daily.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_DAILY

adamfever said: alesia44 said: I don't like that part because they cut some of his words. Actually after he answered "Girls", he said "it's just joking". Then he explains something about building friendship with his male friends. Oh yeah we can see full interview in english subtitle on KBS World later (maybe 2-3 weeks from now).

Kris Silva said: This site is now updated. Look how close the nos. are between spots 1 and 2. Hero is a family film and today is Sunday where lots of families go out to the theatres, so I think that is expected. Let's hope GB goes back to top spot tomorrow. http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/boxOffice_Daily.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_DAILY

I don 't pay attention to the box office but very lately I lurk here to  see the daily number of GB tickets.
After how many ticket numbers can we safely say that the movie is a hit?
@adamfever
BH6 is not just another  family movie.It is a Very good family movie.I have seen it with my kids and got emotional.BH6 is a tough competitor.

@ guadi
I did not go to the city the last months and  GB is one of the best reasons to pay a visit again.

;)

Thank  you all for not posting spoilers.

kiklamino said: I don 't pay attention to the box office but very lately I lurk here to  see the daily number of GB tickets.
After how many ticket numbers can we safely say that the movie is a hit?
@adamfever
BH6 is not just another  family movie.It is a Very good family movie.I have seen it with my kids and got emotional.BH6 is a tough competitor.

@adamfever: Why do you say Gangnam 1970 doesn't attract Koreans ?  You make it sound like it is not performing. The movie actually is doing so well considering its genre and R rating, and against family-oriented hits like Ode and Hero.  I think it matched one week performance of other gangster movies which are considered successful. http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/boxOffice_Weekly.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_WEEKLY

The weekend nos. are out and Gangnam 1970 is on the top with > 700K admissions (Fri. - Sun.)  I think that is pretty impressive. The question I guess is how long will it hold out.   I think it is already a hit but that is relative to what films are you comparing it with.  Here are some R rated gangster films which are considered big hits.     The Man from Nowhere (2010)   starring Won Bin;  6.2 million admissions and a revenue of 47.10 billion won       New World (2013) -  admissions of 4.67 million;  total gross of  34,831,698,405 won (or USD 31,212,801).    Nameless Gangster (2012) - total of 4.6 million admissions; grossed a total of  36 billion won  after nine weeks of screening. This one drew 1 million in four days and it grossed  8 billion won in its first week of release. The film ranked 1 for three weeks.       Friend: The Great Legacy (2013) - attracted more than 1 million admissions over its opening weekend and topped the box-office for 2 weekends. It sold 2,969,874 tickets and grossed 21 million USD.  ( I tried to put these other film stats in spoiler tags but it won't work.) 

Woohoot, thank you @Kris Silva, I thought the weekend box office counts only Sat and Sunday, but actually it's Fri+Sat+Sun, so GB top the box office in the opening week. Great! (Even if you count the whole week from Monday to Sunday GB is still on top, Ode comes 2nd, though GB ticket sales didn't really kick in until Wed)

giphy1.gif

@adamfever

If you check the list with the highest grassing films by admission in S.Korea  ,most of the movies in the list are crime/action films.
Not a big ticket sales numberI don't think has to do with the violence and darkness of the movie depending on the list I read.
I do not see any work from Yoo Ha in that list but the guy left his mark in that genre and no doubt it is a big successful step for our Minho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_South_Korea

oh I see @ Kris Silva posted something similar .
Tell me if I have to delete it.
 From what I read I think GB had a very good opening.
IMO it's a little early and with no reason to be pessimist
Cheer up my friend and forget about Toronto .Come to NY and watch the movie with us..

:)>-

Guest prosperity

I know everyone is concerned about ticket sales, and gross, I am too, but we should remember that the race is not always about how you start but instead about how you finish. I think it did great for the first week, but I also hope that the word of mouth will spread, and people will continue to go out and see this movie.
I think word of mouth will be the key to whether or not this movie will continue to do well in Korea. That is what I love about Kim Soo Ro's tweet. After watching the movie, it seems he was nostalgic, and that is the feeling that will make more people in his age group and older go out and see it, and that is exactly what will make this movie successful.

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"강남 1970 20150123 by.MinozToz

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Leeminho /01~23.25 강남1970 by Luck2

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"2015.1.23 강남1970 by Arsis

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Min Ho 20150124 강남1970