Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest jellylovesfaith

IT'S THROWBACK THURSDAY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This time as requested by @leeminholic it's about the top 6 Mother-son relationships of Minho characters! huh, that doesn't make much sense does it? but you guys get the gist. And it's six because some of his characters had no mention of mothers so they don't count :) Hope you like it :D 

6. Gu Jun Pyo and Demon Mom

tumblr_m5gr2ogshr1qj7wgmo1_r1_500.jpg

Well I think that meme says it all about the interesting (bordering on scary) dynamic between Gu Jun Pyo and Demon Mom. I still think Demon Mom is by far the scariest k-drama villain out there, not only because she’s smart and tactful but also because the woman just looks frightening. Even when she’s smiling. Hey come to think of it, especially when she’s smiling because who knows what wicked plan she’s conjuring up next to doom poor GJP? In terms of bonding, these two had the least and probably didn’t influence each other much – we know that GJP became spoilt because of a lack of attention from both parents -  but I think in the end Demon Mon sort of…maybe….learnt her lesson? She did seem to be a little less icy in the last episode so well I guess that’s some sort of improvement right? But hey, she still trumps the list for being the worst mom of all time for all that stress and fear she caused for the entire fandom. 

5. Daejang and Aunty Choi

j2Ms6xjUxdu4p.jpg

Haha lol classic Aunty Choi :D Of course we all know that Aunty Choi is not his real mother, but they do have a way of giving off a realistic mother-son vibe. It is obvious that Daejang and Aunty Choi care for each other even though they might not express it in extravagant gestures  (well both of them never were expressive about much were they?). The thing I love about these two is that they understand each other and that they consider each other to be by all means equals. Aunty Choi treats him as a friend but at the same time totally smacks him for doing something stupid and Daejang loves her deeply but still respects her position and admires her courage.  And admit it, every time they were on screen together it was a delight wasn't it? 

4. Cha Gong Chan and his mommy

I tried to get a pic with the two of them together... Alas i couldn't find anything. So here is an adorable Gong Chan instead :D sowwy.. 

tumblr_ltu8vj2vti1r3n4xoo1_500.jpg

They were so CUTE together. What I really love about Mackerel Run was the fact that it was so relatable. We’ve all gone through tough times, and we’ve all felt a little down on luck, but the thing is most of us bounce back without half the drama and angst it takes a k-drama character to do so. In that sense Gong Chan is incredibly relatable. And so is his relationship with his mommy. When he disappoints her by getting into trouble, we all feel sorry for both of them because it takes us a trip down memory lane to all those times we have disappointed our parents. And when he becomes a love struck teenager, she is there for him through and through like our own parents would and unlike some other *cough* BOF *cough* mothers on this list. Basically they have that ordinary (albeit somewhat dysfunctional) relationship that most families have and it’s nice to tee some rare normalcy in k-dramas. Because let’s face, K-drama families are kinda the worst families ever. I mean nearly all of Minho’s dramas feature pretty awful family members.. that’s right I’m looking at you Demon Mom, Evil Dad, and Old Daddy Kim.

3. Kim Tan and his Omma

image18.jpg

I now you guys might think this duo should be at least 2nd or 1st but when it came down to matters, I just couldn’t bring myself to place them any higher. I guess It’s because there wasn’t much story line given to their relationship which was quite sad, but it many ways, it was due to the fact that their relationship somehow felt a little forced. Don’t get me wrong, I loved their chemistry (it was fantastic) but there was something missing. Maybe it was because in the first few episodes, they both seemed distant – Tan having minimum conversation with her and Omma being blinded by the whole power struggle and all. But when it really came down to it, they were there for each other and in many ways, they learned from each other. Omma learned to love herself more, to forget about the whole inheritance mumbo jumbo and actually become the mother she always wanted to be foreTan and Tan learned to fight for what he considered was precious. But still, there was something missing… I cannot quite put my finger on it but there was definitely something lacking in their relationship – at least for me. When comparing it to say, the mother-son dynamic of CH, this one just seemed less beautiful and even a little rushed. I would love to hear your comments about it though ;;)

2. Jeon Jin Ho and Miss Jang-mi (it’s what he calls her so it’s what we go with :P )

taste3-00210.jpg

I’m not gonna lie. Jin Ho being such a mommy’s boy instantly made him a winner in my books. No I mean it. The guy drops everything to just go and comfort his mom. And he doesn’t just snub her off like most incredibly hot, incredibly workaholiky (I know not a word, but poetic license remember?) and incredibly busy men would do. The guy goes out of his way to make time for her and that shows just how much of a good mum Miss Jang-mi must be. I mean if she can make her son do all that, the lady certainly deserves a medal. What I love about their relationship is the fact that they both take strength from each other and compromise for each other. Jin Ho knows that Miss Jang0mi prefers her name as oppose to being called Mom sometimes and duly complies. And Miss Jang-mi tries her best to deal with the Jin-ho bombs (and there were a lot of them scattered everywhere like the whole ‘I’m Gay’, ‘No I’m not gay’, ‘oh yeah I’m engaged!’, ‘And it’s to the girl who used to go out with our arch enemies!’ My god, she must have some tolerance or a really good health. Seriously She is awesome 

1. Lee Yoon-sung and his Mommy Dearest

city7-00093.jpg

If I ever have a son in my life, I want it to be someone like LYS. Why? Because he piggybacks me when I’m ill, willing donates his blood (even though it compromises him greatly) to cure me, looks after me with the utmost care, and instantly forgives me for what he believes was an unforgivable crime against him.  I cried buckets when he said to himself so miserably – as if he was some lost puppy who has gotten kicked far too many times – ‘If you left me, then you should at least be living happily.’ How incredibly sweet is that? I honestly have no words to describe that beautiful moment when he cares more about her than about all the lies Evil Dad fed to him for his whole life. And then when that relationship between the estranged mother and son started to blossom so beautifully I cried buckets again. Some of the best CH moments were when these two– two lonely people who have finally, against all odds, found each other - were together because it brought out the true heart of gold that was inside LYS. I guess this is why I really love this duo and placed them as no. 1. You could see them start anew – with all the uncertainty and desperation to be loved – and you could see their dynamic develop into something far greater than just love. Their mother-son dynamic was special and it meant something and it changed the chracters around them too. Evil Dad realized that LYS would do anything now, to lead the normal life because of his new found family, Kim Nana realized that LYS has deep layers to him that he will eventually open up to her, and the viewer learned that family bonds, no matter how terrible a condition they may be in, are very difficult to break. 

and there you have it guys. :D Sorry for it being super late. Life gets in the way sometimes. okay all the time :P 

PamDi said: @giselle_tw  Of course! thank you for your translations, without their work ours would not be possible,We continue to work on Good Day, we are expecting the next translations from Japanese to English.
I hope you can understand me, my English is not good.

Guest jellylovesfaith

"My Everything" Encore Concert in Seoul
10176085_680218375383479_481276237499609LOL if i was that guy i would quickly steal a kiss :P 
1959432_680218378716812_5811110465309643
he has such an adorably earnest wave doesn't he?? 
cr: minozjoy

Guest shewoonmoon

class="fbPhotoAlbumTitle" style="text-align: left; font-size: 20px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); margin: 32px 214px 7px 213px; padding: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"DVD All my life App
10268660_634639376621390_63606303470515310245505_634639489954712_55550862842589010259850_634639379954723_132853704194830

Not sure you have watched this video or not. For me, this is the first time I've watched this since I saw some BTS pics of this only, not the video. This video is BTS of the Heirs - ep 18 where MinHo's filming his scene in a town near the beach & his other scene at the beach where he's desperately searching for ES. This shooting location was supposed to be kept as a secret however Minoz secretly followed MinHo's car and the production team and quickly found out where MinHo filming his scenes. You will hear fans screaming wildly when MinHo appeared and will also see MinHo wearing the green sweater he wore in Good Day - last episode, this also means he's filming the Heirs - ep 18 and Good Day - last episode on the same day.

credit to Luck 2

guadi

said: @windupbird95

Oh yeah, his 8th Year Anniversary Debut is coming up too; it's before his birthday I think, but we're not planning on doing anything with that. Other large fanclubs have planned something more elaborate to celebrate the occasion in years past.

Re. China's Tech market: there's a lot of potentials because there are so many internet users there, pretty much the country rose into prominent with the Internet Age. But a quick scan at who the players are, there seem to be so few, Alibaba, Tencent, Sina, Baidu, Sohu and that's pretty much it. And they have extensive reach in every aspect of the internet. About the ban:

this piece from the Time said it's more of Beijing trying to flex its muscles, showing those streaming sites who's in charge, and reigning in the exuberant youth. I love the response from that netizen at the end of the article, lol. Since you read Chinese, do shows from HBO or Showtime get streamed legally in China? I can't imagine how those shows would pass gov't censorship there.

Guest guadi

adamfever said:Isn't he half joking when saying that in the next 2 years he wants to make us think about "Youth" again (at 7:54 mark)? We thought he was serious, and that made someone sad  ;) Obviously video with subs can help keep misinterpretation to a minimum levell .... thanks @gabylee and everyone who made it available for us.

@sia3Why haven't you charged me up !!! 
X( X( I am waiting !!!!  :-w :-w  
You said you would with the pervy pics of the Beijing concert of LMH
I need them now :(( :(( RL sucks right now, I need an escape lol

hahahaha
@jellylovesfaith love your tbt, the mommies of LMH roles.... thank God you put psycho bof mom last hahaha 

Guest PamDi

@giselle_tw  Sorry to reply late, I fell asleep. I'll try to do it, I do not have much time,surely we are also sharing the next  video of Good Day for here.Woodalchis Minoz,  Minoz Argentina and Minoz Mexico, are the same people and just split the work, but Good Day  is the work of Woodalchis Minoz.I am also Woodalchis Minoz Administrator. I want to clarify.  And I apologize for not putting the appropriations in my second post, try to edit it but could not.
Thanks for your kindness!

Guest PamDi

Re Post: Lee Min Ho interview 11-4-2014 H.K J2 Entertainment News (eng -esp sub)
And I apologize for not putting the appropriations in my second post, try to edit it but could not.
Sorry and Thanks!
cr video: andywong1986
cr: English translation @mtdt
traduccion al esp: Minoz Mexico Official

Guest mtdt

Omg.... All the pics are so yummy!

Wooldaichi - tis name is so cool! Can relate that you all are really daejiang best buddies and followers!

Thanks for your hard work. ;)

Guest guadi

Minho's Birthday Project Update: 
The result from the first poll is in: 22 voted yes, and 7 voted no. Assuming that everyone has read the note on the first poll, one vote per person, so that made 22 "people" joining this birthday project. Thank you for joining. For those who can't contribute, it's completely understandable.

22 "people" qualify as enough to plan something, so we're taking another poll asking what kind of activity would you like planned?
1) Giving him gift(s)2) Charity in his name3) Both - gift+charity
https://polldaddy.com/poll/8014464/

There are pros and cons to each option.  Keep in mind giving him gifts would somehow require the physical gifts get delivered to Starhaus' office. Charity would be the easiest option; donate it to a cause, mail the certificate or receipt to Starhaus, but that means no present. Gift and charity would require more planning and the cost would be allocated to both, instead of either or. 
Anyone can vote in this poll, including those who voted no or didn't vote last time. We like this to be all-inclusive for LMH's Soompi Thread. Poll stays open until May 3rd at 11:59pm U.S. eastern standard time. Option with the most vote wins. 
After that, it's the actual planning part; taking down donor names, etc... And most likely we'll be using paypal because it is the most secured and trusted online payment on the web. 
Also, if anyone would love to help plan this project, let me know. We (me and pixie) would greatly appreciate it since we're amateur when it comes to planning something like this. I prefer someone who is a regular (posting here regularly) to take charge. 
https://polldaddy.com/poll/8014464/

This poll is also in my signature, in case you miss this post. 

Guest califgirl

@guadi Thanks for organizing the project. I would like to participate but how much are we talking?  

140430 Lee Minho promotes Heirs in NOTTV Japan
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/miV1zEX96x8/
cr: leeminhoweibar

Lee Minho wins Best Actor in Drama Fever Awards, he sent video message to DFA because he can't attend the event today

Bml9zONIYAAjAop.jpg:large
cr: kaede_jun.

005wk8Mygw1efzozfc0wcj30ku0q245n.jpg

More

005wk8Mygw1efzozzh3w0j31kw29vtta.jpg
005wk8Mygw1efzp0yznquj31kw29vnfv.jpg