Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho Wouldn’t Have Been Cast If ‘The Heirs’ Was Like ‘Boys Over Flowers’

2013.10.07 16:11 CJ E&M enewsWorld Translation Credit : Grace Danbi Hong

Having a similar plot, people assumed that SBS’ The Heirs would be like Boys Over Flowers, considering the fact that Lee Min Ho was also the lead in that drama.

However, director Kang Shin Hyo and writer Kim Eun Sook stated otherwise concerning Lee Min Ho’s casting and the drama’s plot.

On October 7 at the press conference for SBS’ The Heirs, which took place at Patio 9 in Nonhyun-dong, director Kang Shin Hyo was asked if Boys Over Flowers, which made Lee Min Ho into a star, bothers him at all.

47607002.jpg

“It’s not that I’m unconscious of it,” answered the director. “But the number one person who could pull off that role was Lee Min Ho. We didn’t take everything else into consideration really and just chose him.”

The director added, “He’s doing better than expected. We were quite surprised at his emotional acting despite being a young actor.”

Writer Kim Eun Sook also stated, “It doesn’t make me comfortable when the topic of Boys Over Flowers comes up. If I was going to write a drama that was going to be called an imitation of Boys Over Flowers, I wouldn’t have cast Lee Min Ho. It’s because I had confidence that this was going to be a completely different and more entertaining story that I asked Lee Min Ho to become a high school student again.

“That’s why I was able to cast Lee Min Ho. I think once the broadcasts start, comparisons with Boys Over Flowers will stop.”

Meanwhile, The Heirs is about high school students in high society with Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin, f(x)’s Krystal, Choi Min Hyuk, Kim Sung Ryeong, CN Blue’s Kang Min Hyuk, ZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik, Kim Ji Won, Kang Ha Neul, Jeon Soo Jin, Im Joo Eun, and more in the cast. The drama will begin October 9.

Article Credit: Kwon Soo Bin
Photo Credit: Lee Ji Sook

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/47607

Hi all! Just to share a piece of happy news on my side. Innisfree is having a grand opening for their first outlet in Singapore! I happened to take part in a contest and won LMH's photo essay book with his autograph! Although the photos were taken in 2012 and he definitely looks hunkier now!

Will post some photos of the photo essay book soon. Some of the photos were posted previously so I won't repeat it.

Guest shantipriya

YIKES!
press-con: he looks so gooooooood in that wine-red suit! the color compliments his complexion and brightens it up. the fabric is slightly satin and gives it a chameleon feeling- it's pUH'fect! it's said that red is a lucky color for cancerians, due to ruby being one of their gemstones. red is for winners- dress in red and you'll own the place- mission accomplished! I just don't understand the shirt... it has leather, velvet and sequins and it honestly pokes my eyes out. I love korean fashion, but there are some things that are a No-No for men- sequins is one of those (unless it's meant for a suit that will be worn on a stage, where people should see the light being reflected from a far).
on the other pictures from the FM - dude, that is how NOT to dress. I'm sorry, I adore you! I think I'd give my kidnees for you to live, but THOSE are crazy... the white-whatever-dotted suit is for girls. I mean, he just reinvented fashion, took my diploma and tore it to pieces! he defied the law of gravity! suit pants, classic formal shirt and a tie- yes; that and a leather jacket? seriously? if it was a formal leather jacket- hell, yeah! but a sports one?! who is his image-maker? I want him to go back to school! though... style isn't taught in school or bought with money- you either have it, or you don't.

about red color- it has a few interesting facts about it, but it's not related to the topic. this is some extra information about color systems, and why red is important in cultures, provided for those who want to read something extracurriculum LOL enjoy

there are 3 systems of combining colors, depending on what you might use and apply them on.
- CMYK system is for printing and it contains a percentage corelation between Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and blacK.
- RGB system is what's used in the digital world, in all displays, and it mimics the way our eyes percieve colors. Red, Green and Blue are used in a corelating sustem of numbers from 0 to 255 or in a system of one 6 digit code number, which contains the same numerical data (0-255), but it's calculated in a hexadecimal system (00-FF). red in both is 255,00,00 and #FF0000. when all are set to the max, it equals white; when all are set to 0, it equals black.
- basic colors system or the traditional color wheel explains the color spectrum as white light that degrades in different colors, but all are a combination between the 3 basic ones- Red, Yellow and Blue. when you combine all of them in light, you get white. when you combine some or all of those in some paint, you get different colors. but we all know that from 6th grade science and arts classes, right? the spectrum of light colors always starts with purple and ends with purple.

Red --- wavelenght: ~620-740 nm --- frequency: ~480-400 THz
Blue --- wavelenght: ~450-495 nm --- frequency: ~670-610 THz
Yellow --- wavelenght: ~570-590 nm --- frequency: ~525-505 THz
Green --- wavelenght: ~520-570 nm --- frequency: ~575-525 THz

these are the common properties of the basic colors (as green is a basic in one system and a combo in another). the wavelenght and frequency shown here are parameters of light. every color reflects, refracts and vibrates a certain amount of light. these are then transmitted through the eye and get decoded in the brain. as we can see, red has the longest wavelenght (120 nm), and the widest span of frequency (80 THz). this is why some animals can't see the waves of the red color, while it is a signal for others. that also depends on the structure ot the eye and the lenght of the DNA chain, but that's a long story.

humans and red. for people red is a signaling color. it draws our attention immetiately, due to its subtile irritating properties, based on its wavelenght and frequency. this is why it was, is and will be a part of many cultures and associated with many things- it commonly symbolises birth, blood, new beginning, life, love, passion, war, revolution, win, marriage, power, religion, liberty, truth etc. it could also be a subtily or fully consciously associated with different memories or emotions, depending on the individual. this color is also one of the most common pigments on our planet and it was widely used from ancient times till today for painting and fabric coloring, along with purple and ochra. purple is the color assigned to royal herritage in the western world, sometimes pushed by blue, though some great rullers would prefer red as it would depict them more precise. red is the preffered royal color in the eastern world. it's also known that some people react negatively to red, but it usually depends on the colors in its enviorenment. when people seek the contrast between colors, there is a rule in what matches them and what seems repulsive. usually, the best combinations in contrast are the so-called "contrast couples" or the colors which lay against each other on the spectrum wheel. indigo blue goes perfectly with bright yellow; royal blue is paired with bright orange; dark violet matches toxic green, wine red goes with dark green or olive green, etc. if you put a vermilion red with aquamarine blue you get two colors which repel each other and you may even see them try to pop out of their enviorenment, creating the illusion that you're in a night club and the white disco light is blinking quickly.

anyhow. there have been various tests conducted, and the subjected people would react the fastest to the red color or to a bright/light one. this is why in art, the red or a bright light color is used as a visual center, around which the entire painting/composition resolves. the visual center in people is different, depending on which half of your brain is more developed - that can be determined in many ways, but on a primary basis it's which hand you use to write with. left hand = right hemisphere and vice versa. if you're righthanded, that means that the right side of your body is slighly more developed than the left and you visual center is also on the right. when you look at a painting or a picture, you most likely notice fist what's on the right side, a dash above the horizon line; or if you draw two lines through the middle of it (horizontal and vertical) you'll most likely look at what's about in the middle of the top right square. that's where (if you're an artist) you're generally taught to place a visual center, using a white, yellow, orange or red color, depending on what you're trying to represent. this is the primary manipulations of the viewer or how you create the initial positive reaction towards your piece, by using a simple visual illusion. of course, not all artists use that method and even the greatest names in any sphere of art would rely solely on their inner feeling of what the image should look like and most times it has nothing to do with this subtile illusion. true pieces of art can be turned upside down, or be shot with improper lightning and still have the power to affect the spectator. that's called tallent or it's the combination of forms, colors, patterns and textures that speaks volumes to the eye of the beholder.

@sia3 - why you teasin me gurl?! ha-ha, vewy funny!
btw, you remember when Twilight came out and some random reader commented "Thank you Stephanie Meyer! Now, because of you, I will never find a husband!" - same here: "Thank you Lee Min Ho! Now, because of you, I will never find a husband!" =)) =)) =))

Hi all....First attempt to post an image up on the thread... Apologises if image appears too big!
I just cannot believe that i have his autograph without having to meet him in person.Told my husband that i am going to frame this up and he rolled his eyes... hahaha...
1377310_10151783938283411_1594440515_n.j

Guest Jang27

Hi guyss... Lovely pictures, everyone look great, especially our Prince, he's falling in love with red color lately.. <:-P

It's been a very busy day for me, but no matter what busy I'm, I can't stop peeping soompi, twitter, fb.. Can't wait to see how's the Press Conference going on..

@prosperity @sia3

I love Kim Tan's mom, she more looks like his noona than his mom.. And I love the way uri Minho getting along with someone older than him..

I think he could get along very well with me too.. >:D< :\"> :P =)) =)) =))

First, I don't really like PSH, since I never get a chance to watch her acting, but from the teaser I hope she can get a good chemistry with our boy.. (As Kim Tan, he's closely to a boy) but this afternoon, he became to a man, a mature man.. That's why he looks match standing beside his noona (read as mom)..

1377603_406092839490352_486212639_n.jpg

Cr to the rightful owner

PSH looks scared and shy sitting next to Lee Min Ho, in other side, as usual, uri Min Ho looks so confidence, and again, mature.. I think "The Heirs" is worth it to be anticipated..

Thank you so much for the pictures guys!! You're so great!! <:-P

Guest Jang27

Hi guyss... Lovely pictures, everyone look great, especially our Prince, he's falling in love with red color lately..

It's been a very busy day for me, but no matter what busy I'm, I can't stop peeping soompi, twitter, fb.. Can't wait to see how's the Press Conference going on..

@prosperity @sia3

I love Kim Tan's mom, she more looks like his noona than his mom.. And I love the way uri Minho getting along with someone older than him..

I think he could get along very well with me too..

First, I don't really like PSH, since I never get a chance to watch her acting, but from the teaser I hope she can get a good chemistry with our boy.. (As Kim Tan, he's closely to a boy) but this afternoon, he became to a man, a mature man.. That's why he looks match standing beside his noona (read as mom)..

1377603_406092839490352_486212639_n.jpg

Cr to the rightful owner

PSH looks scared and shy sit next to Lee Min Ho, in other side, as usual, uri Min Ho looks so confidence, and again, mature.. I think "The Heirs" is worth it to be anticipated..

Thank you so much for the pictures guys!! You're so great!!

Guest Jang27

@sia3

LMH : you know you want me?

Me : glad to know you understand so well about my body language.. ;;) :\"> :P =)) =)) =))

So girls, please give us some privacy, or the security would do it for us.. :D:D:D

1383396_406077079491928_2086294913_n.jpg

Cr as tag

Guest Jang27

@sia3

I can't stand to myself to not commenting your last post!

You know so well how to kill me! He's absolutely hot, now I understand why you guys call him "his hotness" He's so Lee Min Hottt.. >:)