Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Minho maybe in new movie in 2014 .. check the article here.. 

이민호 "강남블루스 제안받고 신중히 검토중" 

201309160812530510_1.jpg

이민호가 '강남블루스' 시나리오를 받고 검토 중이다.

이민호 측 관계자는 9월16일 뉴스엔과 통화에서 "영화 '강남블루스' 시나리오를 받은 게 맞다. 시나리오를 받고 신중히 검토하고 있다"고 밝혔다.

영화 '강남블루스'는 '말줄거리 잔혹사' '쌍화점' '하울링' 등을 연출한 유하 감독이 메가폰을 잡았다. 1970년대 서울 강남을 배경으로 부동산 개발이 본격적으로 시작된 시기 정치권력과 사회 어두운 세력이 결탁해가는 이야기 그린다. 남자주인공 2명을 내세운 투톱 영화로 이민호 상대역은 캐스팅 중이다.

관계자는 "'강남블루스' 크랭크인 예정이 내년 3월인데 아직 구체적인 일정이 나오지 않았다. 확정은 아니지만 긍정적으로 보고 있다"고 덧붙였다.

한편 이민호는 현재 '파리의 연인' '시크릿 가든' '신사의 품격'을 집필한 김은숙 작가의 신작 SBS '왕관을 쓰려는자, 그 무게를 견뎌라-상속자들'을 촬영하고 있다. '주군의 태양' 후속으로 오는 10월9일 첫 방송한다.

[뉴스엔 하수정 기자] 
http://news.nate.com/view/20130916n04645

@guadi it's still on discussion.
LEE MINHO RECRUITED FOR "GANGNAM BLUES" MOVIE
Lee Minho in the drama movie after stepping an elite corps. The new movie title "Gangnam Blues" (temporary title) ,he's been selected as the leading actor. According to the director Jo In Sung,the film boldly chose the talented star. Gangnam Blues,a noir genre movie with 1970s as the background. gangnam area development began when the political & social story forces dark conspire. Lee Minho (still on discussion),meet the fate as the protagonist person,clearing & firing up action plans the official shooting for 15 days. "Falling with historical drama & dark story of a man,it's a long time interest of his work",also added,"we're looking for several actors,Lee Minho's possible to be selected with his charm & character".
Source    : http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=382&aid=0000130986&sid1=001&lfrom=twittertranslated : sailormoontroops

@berliansiahaan -- yes, he's still in negotiation with the production company. He hasn't signed anything yet. But if the news is reported with his agency's name and director's name being mentioned, I think they are probably deep in the discussion, so chances of him signing on is high :D versus last time with Friend 2 when it was more or less just a murmur by the press with neither side stating anything concretely.

The plot is about a real estate development in Gangnam around 1970s when South Korea was still reeling from intense political and social upheaval. During a time when Park Chung-hee (the father of current S.K president btw) ruled Korea with an iron fist. That is the political backdrop, but I don't expect the movie to be critical of the regime, maybe use the environment to drive the plot, crimes, griddiness, etc...And the production is also looking to cast another lead. Seems like a duo.

Lee Minho and Park Sinhye of "Heirs" spotted filming in University of Redlands, Riverside, California~

Hmm, i'm curious about this scene..Suddenly I remember one of BOF scenes where Junpyo meets Jandi for the first time in their school..But this time in 'Heirs' our Junpyo is alone without his fellow F3 hahaha..

class="entry-title"Lee Min-ho Considering Lead Role in Action Movie Posted on 2013/09/16 by Kang Jung Yeon [PHOTO] Lee Min-ho Eager to Meet his Fans

Korean actor Lee Min-ho. [TenAsia] 

Korean actor Lee Min-ho is considering to take on a lead role in an up-coming film.

An official with his agency Starhaus Entertainment told TenAsia over the phone Monday morning that Lee is eyeing starring in up-coming period-set action film, tentatively titled as “Gangnam Blues.”

“Gangnam Blues” is an action noir film, set in Seoul’s Gangnam area in 1970s. The role Lee has been offered is an outlaw who happens to get in politics, the official explained.

The film is expected to draw numerous moviegoers’ attention since it will be directed by star director Yoo Ha of Kwon Sang-woo’s action drama pic “Spirit Of Jeet Keun Do – Once Upon A Time In High School” and Zo In-sung’s action noir “A Dirty Carnival.”

The official added that the film is set to crank in first half of next year so it has no effect in Lee’s current filming schedule of his new SBS series “Inheritors,” set to hit air on October 9.

Reporter. Kang Jung-yeon atoz@tenasia.co.kr
Editor. Lee Hye-ji hjlee@tenasia.co.kr

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

credit: http://www.tenasia.com/archives/73113

@ilwoo_aein -- ooooooooooooooh, the role is an outlaw going into politics. OMG!!! That's like my favorite thing everrrr. I really really really hope he takes this role  [-O< [-O< [-O< It seems so different from what he's done before. It will be a different challenge for him if he takes it.
Thanks for posting the English report.

Guest jjsweeter0211

CHUNGMURO/FILM NEWS
Lee Min-ho up for action noir film Gangnam Blues

by javabeans | September 15, 2013 |

leeminho_176.jpg

He spent a few years going from drama to drama, but now Lee Min-ho is likely headed back to the big screen for his first leading film role. His reps have confirmed that he has received the offer to headline a period action-noir from lauded director Yoo Ha, whose past works include Kwon Sang-woo’s Once Upon a Time in High School in 2004 and Jo In-sung’s 2006 film A Dirty Carnival. No wonder there’s a lot of interest at the thought of Lee Min-ho following in their footsteps in what looks to be another gritty dramatic noir.

The movie is titled Gangnam Blues and is set in 1970s Seoul, when the Gangnam district was just kicking off its real estate and construction boom, with all the shady power plays and corrupt backroom dealings that come with the territory. Given the director’s previous films, I think we can expect lots of stylish action loaded with darkness, which is something I would love to see Lee Min-ho do. He’s done enough mainstream crowd-pleasing roles to secure his place as a top leading man, so it’s a good idea for him to branch out and stretch his wings a bit. (Even if the thought of Lee Min-ho getting too big for television and taking the Won Bin path to a movie-centric career is too sad to contemplate. Don’t take that path, dramaland needs you! Okay, maybe I need you.)

Lee Min-ho is (as we all know, unless there’s a rock you’ve been hiding under all year) busy at work on his upcoming SBS drama Heirs, which will premiere in October. If he signs on to Gangnam Blues, he’ll begin work on that early next year, soon after Heirswraps.

Via Sports Donga

Guest shantipriya

he's doing a movie?! well, color me happy, I'm buying everyone dinner today!!! feels like our man is surely aiming for Hollywood and he will take over it one of these days... it's like a mother's feeling when her baby starts walking- well, I'm not really familiar with that emotion YET, but you get the idea of my excitement :))

guadi said: @ilwoo_aein -- ooooooooooooooh, the role is an outlaw going into politics. OMG!!! That's like my favorite thing everrrr. I really really really hope he takes this role  [-O< [-O< [-O< It seems so different from what he's done before. It will be a different challenge for him if he takes it.
Thanks for posting the English report.

berliansiahaan said: @guadi it's still on discussion.
LEE MINHO RECRUITED FOR "GANGNAM BLUES" MOVIE
Lee Minho in the drama movie after stepping an elite corps. The new movie title "Gangnam Blues" (temporary title) ,he's been selected as the leading actor. According to the director Jo In Sung,the film boldly chose the talented star. Gangnam Blues,a noir genre movie with 1970s as the background. gangnam area development began when the political & social story forces dark conspire. Lee Minho (still on discussion),meet the fate as the protagonist person,clearing & firing up action plans the official shooting for 15 days. "Falling with historical drama & dark story of a man,it's a long time interest of his work",also added,"we're looking for several actors,Lee Minho's possible to be selected with his charm & character".
Source    : http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=382&aid=0000130986&sid1=001&lfrom=twittertranslated : sailormoontroops