Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 8/8/2016 at 7:08 PM, Kris Silva said:

Our boy spotted today in Seoul: don't know if it's true but Minoz from twiiter said that LotBS  has started shooting today, 

How come no news on first script reading?

Hi Kris Silva, thanks for sharing this info + the picture. Ye, I hope we could get to see some photos from their script-reading, in case there's any.  I’m too excited for this drama. We’re gonna see LMH again on the small screen! It has a promising premise! BTW, Lee Ji-hoon (Mirror of the Witch), is confirmed his role in "Legend of the Blue Sea."  He is set to play as the half-brother of Lee Min-ho:P

• Like 4

On Monday, August 08, 2016 at 9:00 AM, pixie0622 said:

This is nice! The drama/ film evolution of THE Hallyu Superstar  :wub:

CpQ_gf2VYAAAVgF?format=jpg&name=large

CpQ_h4WVUAA6NFu?format=jpg&name=large

Which is your fave look? Mine is Lee Yun Sung :blush:

Mino~ya, maybe you need to have your bangs up for LotBS. Just sayin'. 

Cr saNDraMino

mine is BOF ,PT,CH ❤ i loved it.

• Like 4

Lee Min Ho updated his Facebook page: 

13925473_1120004491407263_39616849159339

Promiz Transparent Umbrella Project. 
2,000,000 heart mission completed!

Hoping our small efforts will come together to create a happier tomorrow. Together, you and I, Promiz. 

Another look at our first essay >>https://storyfunding.daum.net/episode/10385

‪#‎PROMIZ‬ ‪#‎PMZ‬ ‪#‎프로미즈‬ ‪#‎하트펀딩‬ ‪#‎200만‬ ‪#‎목표달성‬

13923784_1335577456467616_67090046223970

This is my ‪#‎heart‬ for ‪#‎minoz‬

• Like 7

@gtLmh0622 @Kris Silva Thanks chingus for the latest updates. 

THAT teaser pic posted by Cine21 is so hawt! I'm sure the feature would be on BH, but how awesome would it be if that's his look for LotBS? :crazy: I'm gonna die. Speaking of.... Read that he and Jjh would be leaving for Spain soon to shoot intro scenes for their new drama. I'm super excited! Minho in Spain would be mucho caliente!!!

Why do I feel tickled whenever he updates his sns? :P He's so happy with the awesome response to his PMZ-Kakao Talk undertaking that he's giving back his "heart" to his Minoz :wub: I did sign up to Kakao in order to give my share of hearts but natch, it was daum that I should've signed up to. I'm just glad that I didn't have to participate :P

Did anyone else have a hard time signing in? Soompi had a major update and I had to try several times before I could get in. Am sure it would be back to normal soon. 

Take care y'all :)

• Like 9

Jun Ji Hyun And Lee Min Ho To Head Overseas To Film New Drama

Jun-Ji-Hyun-Lee-Min-Ho.jpg

Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho are headed to Palau and Spain for their upcoming drama!

On August 12, a source revealed, “The two of them are going to Palau and Spain for overseas filming of SBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Legend of the Blue Sea.'”

The source continued, “[They] will leave for Palau late August and go to Spain in September. Since the content of the drama involves exotic coasts and the title itself includes blue sea, they are leaving to film overseas.”

Considering the costs of filming overseas, it’s not overly common for dramas to do this. Producers of the upcoming drama appear to be taking great attention to detail from the content to the casting as well as the scenery.

Jun Ji Hyun will be portraying a mermaid who has come to Seoul. Lee Min Ho will act as a cold-blooded con artist who falls for the mermaid.

All eyes are on this drama considering the popularity of Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho. Furthermore, star writer Park Ji Eun who penned “My Love From the Star” is writing for this drama. Likewise, director Jin Hyuk of “City Hunter” will be helming the project.

Many are also interested in the plot as it is a fantasy romance centered around a motif from the mermaid/merman story in Korea’s first historical (romance) storybook. In the Joseon-era storybook, it is recorded that real-life figure Kim Dam Nyeong returned mermaids/mermen that were caught by fishermen back to the sea.

“Legend of the Blue Sea” is scheduled to air after “Incarnation of Envy” ends its run in November.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/11/jun-ji-hyun-lee-min-ho-head-overseas-film-new-drama/

Spoiler

LMH FB fan pages shared some images of Palau

13907104_625262060970712_511277249759182

13882469_625262074304044_530213957155473

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HK Ming Pao and Apple Daily News reported that Lee Minho (이민호) and Jun Ji Hyun will go to Spain for filming the new drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" next month -

13939529_1377846982244310_40768444120396

Spoiler

13906713_1377847105577631_52794169458202

cr as tagged

• Like 8

Lee Min-ho to hand out transparent umbrellas to children

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160812

(Promiz)

Actor Lee Min-ho is set to embark on his new donation project, dubbed the “Transparent Umbrella Project.”

The project aims to distribute 2,500 free transparent umbrellas to ensure children see clearly on rainy days.

Lee posted plans for the project Wednesday on the Korean crowdfunding platform Storyfunding. Within 10 hours, the project had earned 2 million “hearts.”

Lee vowed to implement the plan if the number of “hearts” exceeded 2 million. The action of giving “hearts” does not require payment.

Lee stressed the need for the project to keep children from being harmed by traffic. Lee was hospitalized for a year after following a car accident in 2006.

Lee has reportedly encouraged elementary schools across the nation to participate in the project.

The actor famous for his TV dramas and movies alike is known for organizing movements through donation platform Promiz. His contributions were recognized by the Ministry of Health and Welfare earlier this year.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

Source

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201608121756510377869_2

• Like 8

Lee Min-ho, Jun Ji-hyun to hit Palau, Spain for 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160812

Actress Jun Ji-hyun (Herald Review Star) and actor Lee Min-ho (Yonhap)

Top Korean stars Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho will go abroad for filming soon.

Jun and Lee will be headed to island country Palau in August and to Spain in September, reportedly for the filming of SBS’ upcoming drama “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” according to an insider on Friday. Their exact departure dates have not been confirmed.

The overseas locations will offer an “exotic setting” for the show, according to the source.

The fantasy-romance series is reportedly inspired by a Korean folktale set in the Joseon era.

Jun will play a financially-pinched mermaid who feels alienated in Seoul, while Lee will play a fraudster who falls in love with the mermaid.

Scriptwriter Park Ji-eun, who wrote the script for hit series “My Love from the Stars,” is also behind “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” which is slated to air in November.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

Source http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201608121624009900232_2

• Like 9

They're traveling to Palau, too? Hmm....they will probably shoot the underwater scenes there since there's nothing much to show on the ground :)    And if Minho's going, that just means one thing:  wet Minho and underwater abs, people! %5BEmoticon%5D%20OK%20Asd.gif

I do like this cool, sinister-ish look for Joon Jae desismileys_6511.gif

005O8x88jw1f6qyo70qjbj31kw16nwp2.jpg

cr Tina_minoz

• Like 10

Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun traveling to Palau and Spain for The Legend of the Blue Sea

a7073630-016f-40ac-b410-9d73767c1d38.jpg

Fabulous news for fans of Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun! It's been confirmed that the two Hallyu stars will travel to exotic locations for filming their new drama The Legend of the Blue Sea. Find out more about why Palau and Spain are chosen, as well as other updates about the highly anticipated fantasy romance.

News came on August 12 that Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun will be traveling first to Palau in late August, and then to Spain in September. 

Apparently the clear blue seas in Palau and Spain are the main reason for the overseas shooting. According to the source, "Since the content of the drama involves exotic coasts and the title itself includes blue sea, they are leaving to film overseas.”

Jeon Ji Hyun plays a mermaid who finds her way to Seoul, and Lee Min Ho plays a con artist who falls in love with the mermaid. (Wait, will the mermaid swim from Spain to Seoul?)

Before excited fans jump into the plane or a boat to get to Palau to check out on-location shooting, remember, the island nation in the Pacific Ocean has 250 islands.

9ba9d805-e98c-43e0-8a8f-e81c6993ca0d.jpg

The story is penned by writer Park Ji Eun (My Love From Another Star), who wrote the new drama with the two leading stars in mind, and the production is helmed by director Jin Hyuk (City Hunter, The Master's Sun.)

Other actors who are joining the cast so far are: Lee Ji Hoon (Mirror of the Witch), Shin Hye Sun (Oh My Ghostess), Moon So Ri, and Lee Hee Joon.

The Legend of the Blue Sea will go on air in November.

I can't wait. How about you?

cr dramafever/Nancy Z

https://www.dramafever.com/es/news/lee-min-ho-and-jeon-ji-hyun-traveling-to-palau-and-spain-for-legend-of-the-blue-seas/

• Like 9

Lee Min Ho to play a double role for the first time in his new drama

lee-min-ho

More details on Lee Min Ho's role in his upcoming SBS drama 'Legend of the Blue Sea' have been revealed!

According to Sports DongA, Lee Min Ho will be playing his first ever double role in the new drama. One of his characters is named Kim Moo, son to a noble class family during the Chosen dynasty, while his other character Heo Joon Jae will be a genius scammer. As Heo Joon Jae, Lee Min Ho will be turning into a lawyer, doctor, businessman, and more to scam others. Lee Min Ho will also show off his comical side through each of these unique roles. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/lee-min-ho-to-play-a-double-role-for-the-first-time-in-his-new-drama

• Like 9

Mermaid-sellers and cast reunions lined up for Legend of the Blue Sea

Legend of the Blue Sea is the modern retelling of a Joseon classic fable about a mermaid caught by a fisherman, who was then saved and released back into the ocean. In the new drama, a mermaid struggling to adapt to human life in Seoul and a cynical con artist meet and fall in love. With the main cast now confirmed, the production team for the much-anticipated SBS fantasy romance drama is seriously getting down to business.

There’s been a flurry of casting, and it’s hard getting everything straight especially with so many talented names being thrown about. Of course, we have Lee Min-ho (Heirs) and Jeon Ji-hyun (You From Another Star) as our main leads. They have already headed to the Palau Archipelago to start filming their underwater scenes.

From the start, Writer Park Ji-eun (You From Another Star, Producer) reportedly had these two actors in mind when she wrote the script. She also called longtime friend Na Young-hee (Lucky Romance) to come join her in Legend of the Blue Sea. The actress has confirmed and this will be her fifth project with Writer Park, and her second project with Jeon Ji-hyun. They played the epitome of a comical bickering mother-daughter pair in You From Another Star.

In addition, veteran actress Hwang Shin-hye (Passionate Love), who can usually be seen in weekend makjangs and tearful melodramas, has received the script for the series and is positively reviewing it. Likewise, Sung Dong-il (Pied Piper, Answer Me 1988) is currently in negotiations to join the cast. For the first time in a long while, our neighborhood ajusshi may play the bad guy, who wants to sell the mermaid to the highest bidder.

Two other heavyweight talents who have confirmed are Lee Hee-joon (Yoo-na’s Street) and Moon Sori (Golden Age of My Life). Recently, both have been deeply steeped in the Chungmuro world, and so Legend of the Blue Sea will be their comeback to the small screen. Young rising actors Shin Hye-sun (Five Kids) and Lee Ji-hoon (Mirror of the Witch) have also joined the cast as supporting characters.

Wednesday-Thursday SBS drama Legend of the Blue Sea starts airing this November, after rom-com Jealousy Incarnate finishes its run.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/mermaid-sellers-and-cast-reunions-lined-up-for-legend-of-the-blue-sea/

• Like 3